SUMMARY of HALO 3 Deals & Preorders Come Sept.25th

FatBoyInside

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
Here's a quick summary of all the Halo 3 deals in-stores (pre-ordering recommended):

BEST BUY
- $10 off $75 Games & Accessories Coupon (exp. 10/06/07)
http://emailinfo.bestbuy.com/pp/edi...;1123489954;1;02&R=T1_CMP_8365&A=1007&ci=8365
- Buy Halo 3 Game & any $29.99 or above Accessory, Receive $10 GiftCard (Print coupon from website)
http://www.bestbuy.com/halo10
- Pre-order Halo 3 Game and get 1600pts. Marketplace Card for additional $4.99 [stackable with the $10 GC promo above] (online, maybe in-stores too)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=category&id=pcmcat127600050002
- Midnight Opening Event @ select stores: give-aways & prizes
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat132100050005&type=category

CIRCUIT CITY
- Purchase Halo 3 Game and get a 4-foot Wall Graphics Poster of Master Chief
http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/gene...64&c=1&cm_re=Halo 3-_-Exclusive-_-see details
- Midnight Opening Event @ select stores: possible give-aways
http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/genericContent.do?oid=192714
- Gamer's Club Membership ($19.99 a year or free w/ any system purchase) can receive 10% off games, guides, & accessories

WALMART
- Free dogtags w/ purchase
- Midnight Launch Opening
http://halo3.tma-WalMart.com/

TARGET
- Pre-order Halo 3 Game and receive 2 Exclusive Mini Action-Clix Figures
- From Sept.30-Oct.6, purchase Halo 3 Game and receive a pack of 4 Mini Action-Clix Figures

K-MART
- Purchase Halo 3 Game & XBOX360 Halo Edition System, receive $50 Giftcard thru mail-in-rebate

MICROCENTER
- Pre-order Halo 3 Game, receive $10 Giftcard (usable after 9/24)
- Midnight Event with Costume Contest
http://www.microcenter.com/specials/catalogs/broadsheet.html

GAMECRAZY
- Midnight Launch Party (Tourneys, possible freebies/prizes)
- 30% off official strategy guide w/ game purchase
http://www.gamecrazy.com/other/promotions.aspx

GAMESTOP
- Midnight Launch Party (Tourneys, possible freebies/prizes)
http://www.gamestop.com/default.asp
- Order Halo 3 Game Guide & Receive Exclusive Halo Poster w/ purchase

GAMERUSH/BLOCKBUSTER
- $10 Giftcard w/ Halo 3 pre-order or purchase (possibly requires coupon from mailer)
- Midnight Launch Event - http://www.gamerush.com/promos/halo3_stores.pdf

MEIJER
- FREE Halo T-shirt w/ pre-order

COSTCO (membership required)
- HALO 3 System Bundle $499.99
[Halo XB360 System, Halo 3 Limited Edition Game, Extra Halo 3 Controller, & Strategy Guide]
- HALO 3 Standard Edition $49.99

FRYS
- ????

TOYS 'R' US
- ???

Hope this is useful info for all interested parties. Cheers!

[quote name='Bazz']You should add FamilyVideos to the list. Via the other post somewhere. it's 49.99 for Regular Edition and 59.99 for Collectors. Which is the best price around that I've seen. Also JR has it online for pre-order with a free T-shirt Bonus.[/quote]
you also get the $5 off coupon for new customers, and the $3 off coupon for your second purchase.

[quote name='thericochet']It's worth pointing out that the first two deals linked for the BB offers DO stack. So you can pre-order Halo 3, add an accessory over $29.99 (Xbox live cards and marketpoints count as accessories), get the free $10 gift card, and also get the 1600 points for $4.99 all in the same shopping cart.[/QUOTE]
I'm not sure they stack anymore. I added the Messenger Kit and it looks like I'm only getting the 1600 points at $5 but the gift card is still showing up at the $10 price... Anyone get this stacking to work? Is it because the messenger kit is a preorder?

[quote name='jtdragon']I'm not sure they stack anymore. I added the Messenger Kit and it looks like I'm only getting the 1600 points at $5 but the gift card is still showing up at the $10 price... Anyone get this stacking to work? Is it because the messenger kit is a preorder?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure because it's a pre-order. I think I actually tried doing it with the messenger kit before adding the Live card. Try adding something in stock. Everything in my order has shipped except for Halo 3 of course.

[quote name='Mini Viper']Can someone show where it says that Gamecrazy is giving an extra $50 for old xboxes. I've got 2 laying around, one Halo version and one original. Think I'll trade the original, and see what the Halo ones are going for on Ebay.[/quote]

$50 for Old Xbox?

[quote name='M1C13']The manager at the store I go to said that they are getting a small amount of signed Legendary editions, and that is what is being used as prizes.[/quote]
signed by who?

Sorry if its been asked before, but does Wal-Mart actually do pre-orders? I planned on just showing up and picking up a CE copy so I don't have to wait in line at GS for my LE one.

[quote name='FatBoyInside']
FRYS
- ????[/quote]

I spoke to my friends/ex-coworkers at Fry's. They don't have anything special planned yet. A bundle with accessories or a small amount deducted off of regular price MIGHT happen, but no guarantees.

Fry's is known for having games come out with some sort of discount off of sticker price, but they have yet to do this with PS3 titles and may be wising up as far as X360 titles are concerned. Especially with a release as monumental. Not to mention the fact that they wont need to offer any deals for it to sell out.

I'm getting mine at Gamestop, but for those of who you choose Fry's hopefully they don't screw you over and bundle each one with an accessory at regular price. They like to force upon the consumer their inventory, especially with popular items. I've yet to see a Wii at Fry's not in a bundle.

[quote name='propeller_head']signed by who?[/QUOTE]
People from Bungie, I take anything that a game store manager says with a big grain of salt, but he seemed pretty confident.

Make of this what you will, but I got an email from BB.com saying that Halo 3 shipped to me today. I already received the $10 gift card today separately, and that took only 2 days to get here. So maybe I'll have Halo 3 in my hand by Saturday? Or at least Monday?

So still no word on if Gamestop will have anything to give away at the midnight launches? At the Madden midnight launch here, they had some coupons off of chips/salsa/pretzels and a bunch of Axe deodorant, body spray, etc. Anyone know if it'll be something like that, or something more along the lines of shirts, hats, etc.?

Didn't see this mentioned in the OP and I know only a small percentage of CAGs have a Hastings near them, but I was in Hastings this past week and noticed a flyer for 30% off all used games, DVDs, and CDs from 10PM - Midnight on the 24th for the Halo Midnight release. I snagged a used Non-PH PGR3 and a Viva Pinata CE there the other day used for $9.99 each. Both would be about $7 with the 30% off....nice deal IMO if your Hastings has used copies. There were also a few other used 360 titles under $10 (Kameo $9.99 and Rumble Roses XX $8.99...and I think atleast one other) that would definitely be nice deals with the extra 30%.

[quote name='vietgurl']How long after launch does it usually take to receive a preordered game from Best Buy?[/quote]
If you are talking about bestbuy.com then I can tell you that my preordered Halo 3 CE was shipped yesterday according to the email I received. It's coming via the USPS. I did the $4.99 Live points deal but only the standard edition is eligible for in store pickup SO......

Recently at Gamestop I thought I overheard an employee talk about a midnight launch for Halo 3, are all Gamestops going to be doing a midnight launch? I haven't seen any ads for it, and being so close to release that's a bit weird, so is it safe to say that I can get at Gamestop at about 11:40 or so and wait it out for the midnight release of Halo 3? I have school the next day but I figure it'd be worth it to do a midnight launch event because it would be the first time I have done such a thing.

Yeah, lots of them are doing it. I even got an automated phone call today about it.

I just wish I knew if they were giving away anything worthwhile or if I'm better off trying for a chair at Best Buy.

While it's not a deal, I'm contemplating going to 7-11 to pre-order Halo 3 so I can get it at midnight and get home without all of the hassle of a midnight launch. Freebies come at a price with all the crowds.

[quote name='garfep']Also, here is a list of the GS/EB stores doing midnight launches, dg7md.[/quote]

Thanks a ton, as expected, all stores here are doing it. I hope to score some free stuff.

[quote name='steveslugga']wow i was just trying to list a deal, isnt that what this site is about?[/QUOTE]

Okay, allow me to school you.

First, there is:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152952

Which would be an appropriate area to post in as opposed to starting a new thread.

Second, there is the beforementioned REGIONAL deals area, which a seller shipping out of *.CA w/ *.CA shipping rates may fit under.

Third, considering that even if it would ship the next business day (MON) it would be reaching people on RELEASE date isn't per say anything much out of the ordinaly compared to previously advertised/posted FamilyVideo deal(s) and so forth.

The above poster suggesting SPAM is referring to the notion that it may raise suspicion that an unknown OP, CAG newbie might be advertising for his own eBay sale.

Nothing personal, just breaking it down for you, bucko.
And yes I get paid for being a resident asshole here. (j/k)

peaceout
REWN

[quote name='Unickuta']OP, I know this flaming sucks, but it's the only way that everything is still so efficient around here.[/QUOTE]
i see, because bullying noobs out of the site is such a good way to keep things efficient right? u guys are such fucking sticklers, how bout u just dont reply u flaming fags

[quote name='steveslugga']very insightfull dipshit[/QUOTE]
:roll: If you would look there is a forum for Ebay threads. Take a look around before spamming your own shit. Rude noobs need to meet the ban hammer.

[quote name='steveslugga']i see, because bullying noobs out of the site is such a good way to keep things efficient right? u guys are such fucking sticklers, how bout u just dont reply u flaming fags[/QUOTE]

I don't know, they feel the needs to bump everything they see as a shitty topic like it's their job.

Look, a spam thread! Quick, make sure it stays at the top of the forum!

[quote name='spoo']:roll: If you would look there is a forum for Ebay threads. Take a look around before spamming your own shit. Rude noobs need to meet the ban hammer.[/QUOTE]
spamming my own shit? what do u want my fucking paypal reciept? ya maybe i shoulda looked around so what, u guys are whats wrong with forums not me

[quote name='shaunLEGEND']hey thanks for doing this. I'm a little disappointed Amazon isn't offering anything.[/quote]

I just signed up for Amazon.com's Visa Card because they offer a $30 credit on the first purchase. I ordered Halo 3 Standard Edition, free shipping.

The thing is, since I waited until yesterday to finally order, it won't ship until Oct 1.

I don't mind the wait, I guess I'll be "finishing the fight" a few days late.

Anyone know what will be going on at Studio City EB on midnight launch? I cant decide between BB and EB. I went to EB for Halo 2 launch and got 2 games Halo book and some useless stuff like EB branded superball and a pen and some % off the strategy guide.

[quote name='Rozz']Read this before getting the LE:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=7929495#post7929495[/quote] [quote name='FatBoyInside']I hope it isn't widespread, but from reading the forum...it does not sound positive at all.

On the otherhand, regular and legendary editions use the normal amaray dvd cases, I believe.[/quote]
edit: hmm, after reading further down in the thread you posted, some people are saying the press get different packaging on the Legendary Ed. they're saying 2 seperate black plastic cases w/ traditional DVD clips holding the discs. so no scratching on LE, if that is accurate. wont know until Tue though.
==============================================================================
nope. legendary have exactly the same case as the limited. just comes in a special sleeve.

watch the unwrapping. they didnt say anything about a scratched disc though. the helmet is also much bigger than the "cat helmet" i remember people talking about. almost as big as the guys head in the vid. and that guys got a big head.

right click save as:
http://download.gamevideos.com/14985/gv.com.HaloCarePackageOpening_640x360.wmv

i ordered the limited as well. i loved the metal HALO 2 case, but that held both DVDs very tightly. this concerns me a bit. if its not scratched when i buy it though, i can live with it. just have to be extra careful when putting it away.

Any recommendations on a online preorder between: (for an LE)
Family video: 56 shipped
Buy.com: 59 shipped
Which would probably ship faster? Does buy.com have better shipping, like with a tracking number for games?

Anyone pickup the game from Amazon? I just did a list minute order (w/ overnight shipping) and the estimated delivery date is the 26th. Really would rather have this on launch day so I was just interesting to hear what other Amazon buyers expected receive date is.

[quote name='FatBoyInside']Seems like Costco has a sweet bundle and Target will have another promotional offer for the week after (9/30-10/6). So many options![/QUOTE]
Costco has an alright bundle if you consider msrp to be decent. 400 for a 350 console (can find for even cheaper), with a 50 controller (regular, but can find contollers for 40 new) and 50 for regular version (10 off overall).

At the end of page4, the gv.com video, thats a sweet bundle. Looked amazing, wish I could have that.

[quote name='FatBoyInside']Seems like Costco has a sweet bundle and Target will have another promotional offer for the week after (9/30-10/6). So many options![/quote]

Hey, I've been reading pretty much all I can about Halo 3 deals, where did you hear about this Target promotion coming up? I'd love to get the link. I'm actually going to start working at Target in the next week but I figure a little bit of early information will be nice. In the future I can hopefully provide this forum with some Target info.

Why is that Messanger Kit listed as pre-order on BB site. That is screwing me all up because I want to get the points and $10 GC but the only accessories I want are the Kit or Vision Cam(also not online). I know they have the Messanger Kit in my local store because I almost picked it up. Is there anyway to get the 1600 pts in store or is that only online?

bread's done
Back