SUMMARY of HALO 3 Deals & Preorders Come Sept.25th

FatBoyInside

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
Here's a quick summary of all the Halo 3 deals in-stores (pre-ordering recommended):

BEST BUY
- $10 off $75 Games & Accessories Coupon (exp. 10/06/07)
http://emailinfo.bestbuy.com/pp/edi...;1123489954;1;02&R=T1_CMP_8365&A=1007&ci=8365
- Buy Halo 3 Game & any $29.99 or above Accessory, Receive $10 GiftCard (Print coupon from website)
http://www.bestbuy.com/halo10
- Pre-order Halo 3 Game and get 1600pts. Marketplace Card for additional $4.99 [stackable with the $10 GC promo above] (online, maybe in-stores too)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=category&id=pcmcat127600050002
- Midnight Opening Event @ select stores: give-aways & prizes
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat132100050005&type=category

CIRCUIT CITY
- Purchase Halo 3 Game and get a 4-foot Wall Graphics Poster of Master Chief
http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/gene...64&c=1&cm_re=Halo 3-_-Exclusive-_-see details
- Midnight Opening Event @ select stores: possible give-aways
http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/genericContent.do?oid=192714
- Gamer's Club Membership ($19.99 a year or free w/ any system purchase) can receive 10% off games, guides, & accessories

WALMART
- Free dogtags w/ purchase
- Midnight Launch Opening
http://halo3.tma-WalMart.com/

TARGET
- Pre-order Halo 3 Game and receive 2 Exclusive Mini Action-Clix Figures
- From Sept.30-Oct.6, purchase Halo 3 Game and receive a pack of 4 Mini Action-Clix Figures

K-MART
- Purchase Halo 3 Game & XBOX360 Halo Edition System, receive $50 Giftcard thru mail-in-rebate

MICROCENTER
- Pre-order Halo 3 Game, receive $10 Giftcard (usable after 9/24)
- Midnight Event with Costume Contest
http://www.microcenter.com/specials/catalogs/broadsheet.html

GAMECRAZY
- Midnight Launch Party (Tourneys, possible freebies/prizes)
- 30% off official strategy guide w/ game purchase
http://www.gamecrazy.com/other/promotions.aspx

GAMESTOP
- Midnight Launch Party (Tourneys, possible freebies/prizes)
http://www.gamestop.com/default.asp
- Order Halo 3 Game Guide & Receive Exclusive Halo Poster w/ purchase

GAMERUSH/BLOCKBUSTER
- $10 Giftcard w/ Halo 3 pre-order or purchase (possibly requires coupon from mailer)
- Midnight Launch Event - http://www.gamerush.com/promos/halo3_stores.pdf

MEIJER
- FREE Halo T-shirt w/ pre-order

COSTCO (membership required)
- HALO 3 System Bundle $499.99
[Halo XB360 System, Halo 3 Limited Edition Game, Extra Halo 3 Controller, & Strategy Guide]
- HALO 3 Standard Edition $49.99

FRYS
- ????

TOYS 'R' US
- ???

Hope this is useful info for all interested parties. Cheers!

I went with the Best Buy $10 off $75 coupon and got Halo 3 standard edition and Bully Ps2 for $70 before taxes. It took the $10 off Halo 3 on the reciept so I don't know how it would work if you were to try and return the other stuff and keep Halo for $49.

So I went to Best Buy today at about 11 AM with my online pre-order in store pickup form and they tell me the network is down so they had to call in and go on hold to verify my credit card number. It took twenty minutes too long, but I got my game. I guess this learns to never preorder again. I only did it for the $5 1600 pt card.

[quote name='alfonsosoriano']So I went to Best Buy today at about 11 AM with my online pre-order in store pickup form and they tell me the network is down so they had to call in and go on hold to verify my credit card number. It took twenty minutes too long, but I got my game. I guess this learns to never preorder again. I only did it for the $5 1600 pt card.[/quote]

Same thing happened to me, except I paid for the game instore and they told me to cancel online..... This better not mess up by charging me $20 for the 1600pt card. I better get some compensation out of this.

[quote name='hlb96']I walked in Blockbuster at 12:05, no line, got the game and walked out. They said I was the first person to get the game at that location. Across the street was a gamestop with about 100 people in line.[/QUOTE]

Now that is sad, talk about power in name. More power to you for being smart.

I have to wait on my family video shipment though...

[quote name='ranmasama']Same thing happened to me, except I paid for the game instore and they told me to cancel online..... This better not mess up by charging me $20 for the 1600pt card. I better get some compensation out of this.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was contemplating that but the only debit card I brought was my secondary one and I wasn't exactly sure how much cash was on it at the moment so I didn't want to risk it. Some guy who was going through the same thing just got a refund and purchased again. I felt bad for the employees though. There were A LOT of pre-orders back there since they didn't open at midnight last night and at least 40% had to be of the online in store pick up type. Two more of that sort got in line behind me. I felt dumb because my friend who didn't preorder just walked up to the table with a massive amount of copies (all versions) and was waiting outside for me.

Got lucky. No coupons, no waiting for a shipment. Walked into a local record store and picked up the limited edition for 62.99 + tax. But with my small bit of credit it was even cheaper! :D Too bad they only had one copy.

1438884977_9f6cbb5a9d_m.jpg

[quote name='Decker']Halo 3 standard edition is $49.99 at Costco. Pretty good deal and should probably be on the front page of this thread.[/quote]

This is how I got my copy, too. Best deal available for someone who wants to walk-in and pick it up on launch day.

[quote name='ranmasama']Same thing happened to me, except I paid for the game instore and they told me to cancel online..... This better not mess up by charging me $20 for the 1600pt card. I better get some compensation out of this.[/quote]

I too had the same issue yesterday, they suggested I cancel the online and buy it instore as well. When I asked about the pre-order items they did not know how it would work out and instead said I needed to come back the next day to see if "the system" was back up... This has indeed been quite the frustrating situation as I spent an hour driving to the Best Buy after work only to return empty handed. So much for pre-ordering at Best Buy. I'd suggest keeping a close eye on your credit card statements for a backcharge on the points card, as I have very little faith in their ability at this point.

Went to Wal-Mart in Christiansburg, VA and was about number 80 at 1145. It took longer to wait through the line once it started moving than waiting for the launch itself. Great game btw, worth full price (saying a lot because $60 is a lot of money to me). I'm pretty sure there was about 150 total in line by the end of the launch and I heard they got about 200.

Halo 3 Console bundle is at Costco now

$499
includes

Halo 3 Limited Edition Xbox 360
Halo 3 Collectors Edition
Halo 3 Tod [SIZE=-1]McFarlane[/SIZE] Limited Edition Spartan wireless controller & figurine
Halo 3 official Prima Guide (note: doesnt list this on site, but it is included)

oh yea. and costco's lifetime replacement warranty (which doesnt expire after using it once like the ones you have to PAY for at BB)
:hot:

my local one also had tons of standard editions for $50 a pop.

Arent electronics now under the 90 day warrenty now?

And Im thinking about ptrinting out the Costco page and then pricematching it at BestBuy to see if it works...

Well, my $99 BB preorder (ordered back in March I believe) arrived today and I want to thank this site for saving me $30 on the Legendary edition. I see people pay almost $140 with tax for this game at B&M and wonder why people do that. I will wait two days anyday on getting the game if it will save me money. Anyways now to play the game.

Now I just got an email from Best Buy stating this:

I am Faye with Best Buy Customer Care.

I understand your concern about canceling your online order.

I have successfully canceled your order. You will receive a confirmation email shortly.

If your order contained promotional or conditional pricing that was impacted by the cancellation of this item, the conditions of the promotion may no longer be met. If this is the case, Best Buy will adjust the prices of all the affected items accordingly, per our Re-pricing Policy.

Your lending institution will receive notice of the credit within 24 to 48 hours. It may take one to two billing cycles for the credit to appear on your billing statement. If you have any questions regarding your credit, please contact your lending institution for more information.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any questions or concerns. We look forward to your next visit to one of our stores or to www.BestBuy.com.

Thank you,

WTF!!? After I had explained the whole situation, they still send me this telling me about it getting repriced! I just sent them another email RE-EXPLAINING it again. I will NEVER preorder from Best Buy again!

[quote name='JokerCard']Arent electronics now under the 90 day warrenty now?

And Im thinking about ptrinting out the Costco page and then pricematching it at BestBuy to see if it works...[/quote]
only TVs. Consoles still have the classic Costco warranty. :D;)

[quote name='ranmasama']Now I just got an email from Best Buy stating this:

I have successfully canceled your order. You will receive a confirmation email shortly.

If your order contained promotional or conditional pricing that was impacted by the cancellation of this item, the conditions of the promotion may no longer be met. If this is the case, Best Buy will adjust the prices of all the affected items accordingly, per our Re-pricing Policy.

Your lending institution will receive notice of the credit within 24 to 48 hours. It may take one to two billing cycles for the credit to appear on your billing statement. If you have any questions regarding your credit, please contact your lending institution for more information.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any questions or concerns. We look forward to your next visit to one of our stores or to www.BestBuy.com.

Thank you,

WTF!!? After I had explained the whole situation, they still send me this telling me about it getting repriced! I just sent them another email RE-EXPLAINING it again. I will NEVER preorder from Best Buy again![/quote]
thats because BB doesnt give a sh!t about its customers. :hot:

true story

Thank you,

WTF!!? After I had explained the whole situation, they still send me this telling me about it getting repriced! I just sent them another email RE-EXPLAINING it again. I will NEVER preorder from Best Buy again![/quote]

Same generic form letter I got from their "customer service". I went back to the store yesterday and got my $10 credit for their violation of the "Ready at the Counter Guarantee" and my copy of the game. It was a bother having to drive down there twice, and a bummer to not have the game upon release, but at least the people at the store were understanding of the situation.

[quote name='propeller_head']Halo 3 Console bundle is at Costco now

$499
includes

Halo 3 Limited Edition Xbox 360
Halo 3 Collectors Edition
Halo 3 Tod [SIZE=-1]McFarlane[/SIZE] Limited Edition Spartan wireless controller & figurine
Halo 3 official Prima Guide (note: doesnt list this on site, but it is included)

oh yea. and costco's lifetime replacement warranty (which doesnt expire after using it once like the ones you have to PAY for at BB)
:hot:

my local one also had tons of standard editions for $50 a pop.[/quote]

Right now I have my premium that I purchased about 6 months after launch. It has served me outstandingly well as both a console and a dvd player with no problems (knock on wood). I have been thinking about getting a newer one for HDMI (one less cable bunched in my receivers component inputs) and 65nm. I haven't yet purchased Halo 3. With the lifetime warranty, is there any reason to not jump on this deal?

Btw how hard is it nationally to get the Halo 3 Legendary Edition? Both BB and CC online say they're sold out and on their sites they say that pick-up in stores are not available, but I just saw 15 of them at my local BB. Other sites like Buy.com, Amazon and TRU have it available online, too. I haven't seen it in stores like WM, Target, or my local TRU B&M stores.

Sounds to me like it still isn't a problem getting this. Anyone having problems in their neck of the woods finding this?

I don't know if this has been posted before, but FWIW GameFly subscribers can do a Keep It on their copy of Halo 3 for about $50 ... I have the 5 percent discount and I can Keep It for $47.49.

Thanks for the Costco tip, I price matched at BB without a problem and got the limited edition for the $62.79 price.

[quote name='paddlefoot']Right now I have my premium that I purchased about 6 months after launch. It has served me outstandingly well as both a console and a dvd player with no problems (knock on wood). I have been thinking about getting a newer one for HDMI (one less cable bunched in my receivers component inputs) and 65nm. I haven't yet purchased Halo 3. With the lifetime warranty, is there any reason to not jump on this deal?[/quote]
well if you actually want everything in the bundle, it saves you about $80 and you do get Costco's awesome warranty.

but in Oct there will be 360s bundled w/ Forza 2 & Marvel UA. if you dont have either of those games and want them, & can wait until mid Oct, that might be a better deal. Costco is usually 2 weeks behind every1 else in their bundle releases, so they probably wouldnt show up there until early Nov.

[quote name='spideymike']Btw how hard is it nationally to get the Halo 3 Legendary Edition? Both BB and CC online say they're sold out and on their sites they say that pick-up in stores are not available, but I just saw 15 of them at my local BB. Other sites like Buy.com, Amazon and TRU have it available online, too. I haven't seen it in stores like WM, Target, or my local TRU B&M stores.

Sounds to me like it still isn't a problem getting this. Anyone having problems in their neck of the woods finding this?[/quote]
probably wont have any trouble finding one this week. but no more will be made. so as soon as the supply thats out there is exhausted, thats it.

Thank you,

Now I got charged both times for the same game!! Customer Support is not helping at all. They are sending me to the 888 telephone and the 888 telephone is telling me to call the store. WTF is with this!?

Any suggestions on how I should handle this?
Should I just take the extra Halo 3 and refund it to Wal Mart without a receipt (if it's even possible for my WalMart to do)? or should I do something else?

[quote name='fuchikoma']Anyone pick up the Heroclix preorder bonus at Target?[/quote]

Anyone pick these up yet? I'm wondering if I was stupid for not getting my game at Target and instead waiting in line at Game Crazy and getting absolutely no benefit other than an earlier head start on campaign for being there at midnight.

[quote name='ranmasama']Now I got charged both times for the same game!! Customer Support is not helping at all. They are sending me to the 888 telephone and the 888 telephone is telling me to call the store. WTF is with this!?

Any suggestions on how I should handle this?
Should I just take the extra Halo 3 and refund it to Wal Mart without a receipt (if it's even possible for my WalMart to do)? or should I do something else?[/quote]

walk in and explain the situation to the help desk, if that doesn't work get a manager

[quote name='JokerCard']Thanks for the Costco tip, I price matched at BB without a problem and got the limited edition for the $62.79 price.[/quote]
np, glad it worked out. i tried it at mine and the manager told me "we do not price match costco because its a membership store." so i whipped out my costco card. but still no luck. and the costco is only like 4 miles from the CC.:cry:
oh well, at least i got the free 4 foot wall decal/scroll. looks pretty cool in my game room :D

[quote name='MSUHitman']Anyone pick these up yet? I'm wondering if I was stupid for not getting my game at Target and instead waiting in line at Game Crazy and getting absolutely no benefit other than an earlier head start on campaign for being there at midnight.[/quote]

Yeah I have them and they are pretty neat; I don't play heroclix so they are just more desk decorations for my office at work.. I bought Halo yesterday and they still had a huge box of the pre-order bonuses so they just gave me one.

When I found out that this sunday's ad is going to have a four pack free as well I went and returned my game. I can wait another day for Halo 3 if it means more geek swag. :D

Oh and when I returned it they didn't ask me for the preorder toys back. :cool:

Wow. I got a free Haloclix pack as well. I asked the lady and she just rang it up without a problem. I didnt buy the game from Target (bought at BB with pricematch) and just got it for free.

So they're giving out 4 packs tomorrow as well?
Seems like I need to make another trip......

Btw, I returned the preordered copy of Halo 3 (basic edition) and wanted to exchange it for the Legendary edition. When I did this the MS 1600 points deal was now voided, so I returned them both at BB.

bread's done
Back