SUMMARY of HALO 3 Deals & Preorders Come Sept.25th

FatBoyInside

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
Here's a quick summary of all the Halo 3 deals in-stores (pre-ordering recommended):

BEST BUY
- $10 off $75 Games & Accessories Coupon (exp. 10/06/07)
http://emailinfo.bestbuy.com/pp/edi...;1123489954;1;02&R=T1_CMP_8365&A=1007&ci=8365
- Buy Halo 3 Game & any $29.99 or above Accessory, Receive $10 GiftCard (Print coupon from website)
http://www.bestbuy.com/halo10
- Pre-order Halo 3 Game and get 1600pts. Marketplace Card for additional $4.99 [stackable with the $10 GC promo above] (online, maybe in-stores too)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=category&id=pcmcat127600050002
- Midnight Opening Event @ select stores: give-aways & prizes
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat132100050005&type=category

CIRCUIT CITY
- Purchase Halo 3 Game and get a 4-foot Wall Graphics Poster of Master Chief
http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/gene...64&c=1&cm_re=Halo 3-_-Exclusive-_-see details
- Midnight Opening Event @ select stores: possible give-aways
http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/genericContent.do?oid=192714
- Gamer's Club Membership ($19.99 a year or free w/ any system purchase) can receive 10% off games, guides, & accessories

WALMART
- Free dogtags w/ purchase
- Midnight Launch Opening
http://halo3.tma-WalMart.com/

TARGET
- Pre-order Halo 3 Game and receive 2 Exclusive Mini Action-Clix Figures
- From Sept.30-Oct.6, purchase Halo 3 Game and receive a pack of 4 Mini Action-Clix Figures

K-MART
- Purchase Halo 3 Game & XBOX360 Halo Edition System, receive $50 Giftcard thru mail-in-rebate

MICROCENTER
- Pre-order Halo 3 Game, receive $10 Giftcard (usable after 9/24)
- Midnight Event with Costume Contest
http://www.microcenter.com/specials/catalogs/broadsheet.html

GAMECRAZY
- Midnight Launch Party (Tourneys, possible freebies/prizes)
- 30% off official strategy guide w/ game purchase
http://www.gamecrazy.com/other/promotions.aspx

GAMESTOP
- Midnight Launch Party (Tourneys, possible freebies/prizes)
http://www.gamestop.com/default.asp
- Order Halo 3 Game Guide & Receive Exclusive Halo Poster w/ purchase

GAMERUSH/BLOCKBUSTER
- $10 Giftcard w/ Halo 3 pre-order or purchase (possibly requires coupon from mailer)
- Midnight Launch Event - http://www.gamerush.com/promos/halo3_stores.pdf

MEIJER
- FREE Halo T-shirt w/ pre-order

COSTCO (membership required)
- HALO 3 System Bundle $499.99
[Halo XB360 System, Halo 3 Limited Edition Game, Extra Halo 3 Controller, & Strategy Guide]
- HALO 3 Standard Edition $49.99

FRYS
- ????

TOYS 'R' US
- ???

Hope this is useful info for all interested parties. Cheers!

Scorch or any other GC manager/employee, was the info about $50 trade bump on PS2/XBox systems on a fax, an email, or some other internal notification? My GC people said they haven't heard anything about it (I was there on Saturday) but they had been fielding a lot of calls on it. I would like to know so when I go there tomorrow I can direct them to the correct location for the info.

To be fair to them they said the manager had been out of town and just got back in town today.

[quote name='chrisflyer']Does anyone have the Blockbuster/Gamerush coupon? Last minute decision to preorder/buy at midnight for me.[/quote]i need this also.

[quote name='SleazyC']Anyone pickup the game from Amazon? I just did a list minute order (w/ overnight shipping) and the estimated delivery date is the 26th. Really would rather have this on launch day so I was just interesting to hear what other Amazon buyers expected receive date is.[/quote]

I did my order on Saturday. Signed up for the Amazon Visa Card / $30 credit, w/ free super saver shipping. The estimated ship date is listed as Oct 1, and the estimated arrival date Oct 8.

Is it too late to pre order the Legendary edition at Gamestop? I was going to trade in a bunch of stuff for it but if it's too late then I will take my chances at Best Buy

[quote name='ThePoisonNinja']Is it too late to pre order the Legendary edition at Gamestop? I was going to trade in a bunch of stuff for it but if it's too late then I will take my chances at Best Buy[/QUOTE]
You can still pre-order on their website. Best bet is to call your local GS and check to see if you can still pre-order unless they sold-out.

If the TRU buy 2 get 3rd free promo holds true for the entire week...my pocket book will cry. Any chance that they will carry the Legendary Edition?

There are many Unanswered questions:

1) What does all the Giveaways LOOK LIKE?
2) How much are the Giveaways worth really? For example: Circuit City's Wall Graphic? Target's Action figures. And, T-shirts giving away?
3)Will Circuit City Carry Legendary Editon?
4) Can you purchase any of the Giveaways separately?

[quote name='FatBoyInside']Seems like Costco has a sweet bundle and Target will have another promotional offer for the week after (9/30-10/6). So many options![/quote]
What's the Target deal?

[quote name='FatBoyInside']Seems like Costco has a sweet bundle and Target will have another promotional offer for the week after (9/30-10/6). So many options![/quote]
[quote name='SuperJedi']What's the Target deal?[/quote]
yea what he said. :joystick::wave:

[quote name='ThePoisonNinja']Is it too late to pre order the Legendary edition at Gamestop? I was going to trade in a bunch of stuff for it but if it's too late then I will take my chances at Best Buy[/quote]
Try Wal-Mart. they didnt take any pre-orders so you have a higher chance of getting one if you get there early. I decided i'd try to get a legendary after i saw the unboxing vids and read about the CE disc scratch problems. BB told me they sold out of Legendary pre-orders a long time ago. i have no idea how limited the legendary editions really are though. stores might get another shipmet, they might not. :whistle2:s:whistle2:k

The Target figures are two super rare figures for the Halo Clix miniature game. The figures can also be obtained from the boosters.

All of the Clix games use the what I like to call Yugioh model for rarity: common, rare, super rare, ultra rare. Sometimes there's a secret rare as well.

[quote name='propeller_head']Try Wal-Mart. they didnt take any pre-orders so you have a higher chance of getting one if you get there early. I decided i'd try to get a legendary after i saw the unboxing vids and read about the CE disc scratch problems. BB told me they sold out of Legendary pre-orders a long time ago. i have no idea how limited the legendary editions really are though. stores might get another shipmet, they might not. :whistle2:s:whistle2:k[/quote]

That actually turned me off, hearing about those scratched discs. With all the money they are going to make off of this game, you would think they could provide much better holders for the discs.

Wow, Costco deal is nice for anyone wanting the Halo Console also. I see Halo3 is now packed in with the Elite and Premium bundle as well. Go Costco Go!

i'm looking forward to the 5 minute wait inside of blockbuster untill I get my legendary from Best Buy with my employee discount. Selling the blockbuster copy to a guy down the hall for my cost.

Not really a deal but I got off the phone with Game City 360 in Florence, KY (by the new Walmart) and they supposed to have a Halo 3 party with 3 live bands starting at 7:30. It's a nerd party woohoo :D

EDIT: I guess it is a deal they doing $6 off tonight only.

[quote name='MSUHitman']The Target figures are two super rare figures for the Halo Clix miniature game. The figures can also be obtained from the boosters.

All of the Clix games use the what I like to call Yugioh model for rarity: common, rare, super rare, ultra rare. Sometimes there's a secret rare as well.[/quote]Not according to the people that make HeroClix. They said that the only way to get the ones at Target is to pre-order Halo 3 there.

[quote name='propeller_head']I decided i'd try to get a legendary after i saw the unboxing vids and read about the CE disc scratch problems. [/quote]

The discs are still held in a metal tin inside the Legendary so it has the exact same problem (if you watched GameVideos unboxing vid you saw that their disc was popped off when they opened it up). Just get a Collector's Edition and when they hand it to you make sure you shake it to see if the discs are loose inside.

Don't pay an extra $60 because of something like that.

[quote name='shrike4242']Not according to the people that make HeroClix. They said that the only way to get the ones at Target is to pre-order Halo 3 there.[/quote]

Really? I was getting my information off of their forums. Maybe it will be worth to get it at Target then and sell the figures?

[quote name='skullivan']The discs are still held in a metal tin inside the Legendary so it has the exact same problem (if you watched GameVideos unboxing vid you saw that their disc was popped off when they opened it up). Just get a Collector's Edition and when they hand it to you make sure you shake it to see if the discs are loose inside.

Don't pay an extra $60 because of something like that.[/QUOTE]

Not true. Only the media copies came with the metal case inside the Legendary edition. Copies for the masses will have black DVD cases inside the helmet.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Not true. Only the media copies came with the metal case inside the Legendary edition. Copies for the masses will have black DVD cases inside the helmet.[/QUOTE]

Since you seem to have reliable inside info on the LEGENDARY EDITION inside content - pls. let me know if the actual games inside come SEALED the same way an individual game would, and if it's the identical cover as the 'common' / 'regular' edition. Since I have a legendary en-route to me I wonder if I could pick up regular edition and then return the (sealed) one that came w/legendary thus getting to play it early w/o incurring addtl. costs.

Thanks, also post where you based your findings on.

[quote name='jm2u']Damn, BB stopped letting you pick up Halo 3 standard ed preorders. Shipping only now. Any way around that?[/quote]
Buy in store and return the shipped copy for your money back using the B&M receipt when it arrives. :applause:

Anybody going to be attending the Gamestop midnight launch tonight? What would be a reasonable time to get there to pick it up and leave? I'm hoping for some cool stuff, giveaways, whatever, but I won't hold my breath since nothing has been announced.

[quote name='$hady']Buy in store and return the shipped copy for your money back using the B&M receipt when it arrives. :applause:[/QUOTE]

Bravo.

anyone heard anything about CC giving some goodies away? Something better than keychain/small knick knacks. marketplace points maybe?

If there's something worth it I'll go out to my local CC and get my pick up preorder + poster for teh kids. If not I can wait till tomorrow morning. I fear it'll be like black friday lines. it stretched around the whole building.

[quote name='rewn']Since you seem to have reliable inside info on the LEGENDARY EDITION inside content - pls. let me know if the actual games inside come SEALED the same way an individual game would, and if it's the identical cover as the 'common' / 'regular' edition. Since I have a legendary en-route to me I wonder if I could pick up regular edition and then return the (sealed) one that came w/legendary thus getting to play it early w/o incurring addtl. costs.

Thanks, also post where you based your findings on.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, no inside info to speak of--a few people on IGN got their 'consumer' Legendary editions late last week and snapped photos. I haven't seen it myself to know whether the UPCs are the same, but I did see the DVD cases and they're black instead... whether they're sealed or not, I don't know. I doubt a return will work.

[quote name='dg7md']Anybody going to be attending the Gamestop midnight launch tonight? What would be a reasonable time to get there to pick it up and leave? I'm hoping for some cool stuff, giveaways, whatever, but I won't hold my breath since nothing has been announced.[/quote]

Same here.

Would there be any chance of actually buying the game?

wow, semi unrelated but I just passed gamestop on my way home and there was already a line outside at 7:30. I asked those guys whether they had the game preordered yet and they siad that theya lready had it paid off....

...I dont' get it. Why stand outside for 5 hours (that is assuming they didn't get there even earlier than that) if you already have the game completely paid off?

Yeah, its not like they will be short. Wtf?

[quote name='vietgurl']wow, semi unrelated but I just passed gamestop on my way home and there was already a line outside at 7:30. I asked those guys whether they had the game preordered yet and they siad that theya lready had it paid off....

...I dont' get it. Why stand outside for 5 hours (that is assuming they didn't get there even earlier than that) if you already have the game completely paid off?[/quote]

[quote name='rewn']Since you seem to have reliable inside info on the LEGENDARY EDITION inside content - pls. let me know if the actual games inside come SEALED the same way an individual game would, and if it's the identical cover as the 'common' / 'regular' edition. Since I have a legendary en-route to me I wonder if I could pick up regular edition and then return the (sealed) one that came w/legendary thus getting to play it early w/o incurring addtl. costs.

Thanks, also post where you based your findings on.[/quote]

For anybody that wants to know, my buddy just got his LEGENDARY and he did say the game comes sealed inside. HOWEVER, it is not the same as the regular edition. The cases are smoke gray and the cover is different. So, I don't think the return thing is going to work.

[quote name='vietgurl']wow, semi unrelated but I just passed gamestop on my way home and there was already a line outside at 7:30. I asked those guys whether they had the game preordered yet and they siad that theya lready had it paid off....

...I dont' get it. Why stand outside for 5 hours (that is assuming they didn't get there even earlier than that) if you already have the game completely paid off?[/quote]

Wow, I'm heading over to Gamestop in about an hour to pick mine up/get in line and it better not be that long of a wait; I have class tomorrow in the morning.

Off-topic but a little 'warning' I guess, I got back from Gamestop and the line was surreal, out the store and around the block of stores in the area. I'll just be picking it up tomorrow, I wonder if anybody else did the same as I did, that line would have taken hours.

I walked in Blockbuster at 12:05, no line, got the game and walked out. They said I was the first person to get the game at that location. Across the street was a gamestop with about 100 people in line.

Went to BB midnight launch in Burbank, IL around 12:30am and they still had around 10 cat helmets left. However, missed out on all the freebies, and the grand give-away (which was a cool $2500 giftcard...the lucky b@stard purchased a jumbo LCD from what I heard).

The funny but sad part was seeing a separate line by the security booth with HUGE STACKS of opened/scratched up Limited Editions being piled up as two CSRs attempt to swap out good ones for the bad ones. Oh boy...

Did anybody else pre-order from Walmart.com, and if so has your copy shippped yet?

I pre-ordered the Legendary Edition back in March, but when I checked today it had an esimated delivery of sometime in NOVEMBER. I'm assuming that was a mistake, but yeah...just wanted to be sure.

I can't check to see if it's changed because the site is down for maintenence.

Game Crazy is horrible. We went to get in line around 11:40 (around 40 people in line) only to have the employees create 2 lines, 1 for people that wanted to preorder another game (these people would go first) and another line for people that just wanted Halo, which was the line I was in. Because of this the line moved so slow that maybe 5 people got the game in about half an hour. Obviously, this location was doing this to up their preorder sales. I'm gonna have to complain to corporate about this BS.

We went across the street to the Wal Mart and got the game and picked up the Knocked Up DVD in 15 min.

This was at the Chino Hills, CA Game Crazy.

I went by GameGrazy at midnight and the line was really long. So I drove to Microcenter and got in and out with Halo 3 and no waiting. :D Drove back by GameCrazy and the line hadn't moved. Those guys are probably still standing out there.

I went to EB Games on Universal Citywalk. Didnt get any worthwhile freebies, but I did get my game cover, box and Halo 3 poster signed by Bungie's head of production Jonty Barnes, producer Allen Murray and environment artist Vic DeLeon.

(click to enlarge)

Gamestop in Savannah, TN didn't do anything noteworthy. No handouts, no tourneys, nothin'. I was kinda let down, especially after hearing someone else say they handed out shirts and other swag for Halo 2.

Fry's never sold it slight discounted, did they?

Wasn't expecting it so I just got the $10 gift card, and $5 1600 Xbox Live Marketplace from Best Buy.

Strangely, still would have preferred a $10 off Halo 3 instead. I stocked up on the Marketplace cards from Circuit City two months ago and I don't really like shopping at Best Buy anymore.

[quote name='prateeko']Any idea if the Halo 3 bundle on Costco will be in stores or not? I don't like to pay for shipping AND tax...[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it's there today.

[quote name='Decker']Halo 3 standard edition is $49.99 at Costco. Pretty good deal and should probably be on the front page of this thread.[/quote]

Is this Costco.com or in-store?

bread's done
Back