Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (10/28/12 to 11/3/12) Buy 2, Get 1 Free at Target

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][img-r=1]441[/img-r]
iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy discounts the Nintendo 3DS by $10. The 100% bonus on trade-ins continues.

icongs_r1.gif
GameStop offers the Street Fighter x Tekken PS3/Vita bundle for $49.99.

kmart.gif
Kmart advertises Assassins Creed 3 for $49.99 + $10 gaming coupon. WWE 13 and NFS: Most Wanted $59.99 both come with a $15 gaming coupon. SYWR members get a $5 reward card when they spend $50.

icontarget.gif
Target is holding a buy 2, get 1 free sale on all games. The Wii Sports bundle drops to $119 and the Nintendo 3DS is $145.

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us has no ad this week.[/preview]

The Rest of the Deals...
All MRSP prices have been removed.

Best Buy (Ad)
Thanks, coopscohen - See post here

iconbestbuy.gif
100% Bonus Trade-In Credit on ANY Game
:3ds: Nintendo 3DS $159.99 after $10 savings

GameStop (Ad)

Valid until 10/30

:360::ps3: Resident Evil: ORC $19.99
:360::ps3: Mass Effect 3 $19.99
:ps3::psp: Street Fighter x Tekken PS3/Vita bundle $49.99
:360: Witcher 2 $29.99
:360::ps3: Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition $19.99
:360::ps3: SSX $19.99
:360::ps3: Lollipop Chainsaw $19.99
:360::ps3: Batman AA GOTY $14.99
:360::ps3: Batman Arkham City GOTY $29.99
:ds: Lego Batman 2 $14.99
:360::ps3: 30% TIV Credit towards Assassins Creed 3

Kmart (Ad)
Thanks, htz- See post here

iconxbox360.gif
iconps3.gif
Assassins Creed 3 $49.99 with $10 gaming coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Xerxes']Probably a different Xerxes. That MOVIE made it harder to be me. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Oh sorry, I thought he was using the same evil ernie avatar too.

I'm sure that it's been mentioned, but as of today Target will price match any store including websites (amazon.com). My store got an ipad for guest service that will bring up the price of every competitor for whatever product you're trying to price match.

[quote name='aircobra']One would assume that you would be getting your order. Chances are they use the slowest delivery method. Why not just track the order and find out the delivery date?[/QUOTE]

I received my copies of halo 4 in the mail yesterday from target 5 days before release date.... can't they get in trouble for sending it so early?

33kzrb6.png

[quote name='jrr6415sun']I received my copies of halo 4 in the mail yesterday from target 5 days before release date.... can't they get in trouble for sending it so early?[/QUOTE]

They can, yes.

I thought it was a limit of only one of the same title per transaction.

[quote name='z24buddy']Check out my find from Monday $5.04 each after the B2G1

kh3ds.jpg

[quote name='jrr6415sun']I received my copies of halo 4 in the mail yesterday from target 5 days before release date.... can't they get in trouble for sending it so early?

[/QUOTE]

I'm super jelly

[quote name='Dranakin']Haha, I had the image of the two of us 2003 members waving our cane and yelling "back in my day..."[/QUOTE]

2003 here too. And I agree, this site just isnt what it used to be, but I still love it.

[quote name='unforeseen']I thought it was a limit of only one of the same title per transaction.

[/QUOTE]
thats only for the B2G1 promo

Did anyone place an order on Target.com?

I bought some games on Monday 10/29 and got a shipping noticed from Target via UPS that afternoon.

Now it's Friday and the tracking states that the items haven't even been picked up from the warehouse yet.... Target.com totally feels like it is run by Digital River. This is rediculous

[quote name='GBAstar']Did anyone place an order on Target.com?

I bought some games on Monday 10/29 and got a shipping noticed from Target via UPS that afternoon.

Now it's Friday and the tracking states that the items haven't even been picked up from the warehouse yet.... Target.com totally feels like it is run by Digital River. This is rediculous[/QUOTE]

i placed a lot of orders with target, I received some already but i'm looking at one order for Assassin's creed vita it was shipped Oct 30th and still hasn't been given to UPS.

I think target is just not used to this many video game orders.

[quote name='jrr6415sun']i placed a lot of orders with target, I received some already but i'm looking at one order for Assassin's creed vita it was shipped Oct 30th and still hasn't been given to UPS.

I think target is just not used to this many video game orders.[/QUOTE]

Yep. I had an order with God of War Saga, AC Vita and one other game and I placed it on Monday and the label was created but it hasn't been picked up.

I have an order with AC PS3, Need for Speed: MW PS3 and Dishonored and that too hasn't been picked up.

On Sunday I placed an order for x3 Nintendo 3DS (Aqua Blue) and that shipped on Monday but it still in Ohio and has been since Tuesday due to "Adverse weather conditions".

I would have upgraded shipping but the cost for 2 day was like $40 and the cost for Express was like $90 which is absolutely ridiculous for what I purchased.

Perhaps Target shouldn't have been so quick to sever ties with Amazon

[quote name='GBAstar']Is the best buy deal online only? There is no option for in-store pick up[/QUOTE]

Not sure but there is free shipping on it if you do order online.

Do you think I could buy NBA 2K13 and two $60 games now with Target's B2G1 Free promo and exchange the two $60 games later on for Halo 4 and Black Ops 2. I did this years ago at Toys R Us and just wondering if Target would allow this. Thanks for any help. :)

[quote name='dragonxxiv']Do you think I could buy NBA 2K13 and two $60 games now with Target's B2G1 Free promo and exchange the two $60 games later on for Halo 4 and Black Ops 2. I did this years ago at Toys R Us and just wondering if Target would allow this. Thanks for any help. :)[/QUOTE]

If you return them, you will get $40 a piece for them. You could return them without a receipt, buuuut that's return fraud.

[quote name='Tsel']If you return them, you will get $40 a piece for them. You could return them without a receipt, buuuut that's return fraud.[/QUOTE]

I was asking if I could buy two random $60 games at Target and EXCHANGE them later on for Halo 4 and Black Ops 2. I wasn't asking if I could return them for a full $60 refund for each game.

When I did it at TRU, I told them I would like to exchange one of the games and they simply told me to get the game I would like and bring back to customer service. I am assuming the same thing would happen at Target. I only reason I ask is because I don't know if they would only allow me to exchange the game for a $40 game.

For example, if I were to buy NBA 2K13 (360) with the B2G1 free promo and tried to exchange it for the PS3 version next week. Would they allow that? Since the price of the 360 version was $40 when I bought it while the PS3 version would be $60 next week.

[quote name='dragonxxiv']I was asking if I could buy two random $60 games at Target and EXCHANGE them later on for Halo 4 and Black Ops 2. I wasn't asking if I could return them for a full $60 refund for each game.[/QUOTE]

It's doubtful because the computer is going to see the return value of the random games you bought as $40 and they are going to see the current value of the games you want to exchange them for as $60

[quote name='GBAstar']It's doubtful because the computer is going to see the return value of the random games you bought as $40 and they are going to see the current value of the games you want to exchange them for as $60[/QUOTE]

So if I were to buy WWE 13 for 360 and try to exchange it for the ps3 version next week, they would not allow it. I assuming the manager could simply override it since it's practically the same title. I guess if someone were to complain hard and long enough, they could get the manager to accept the exchange for Halo 4 and Black Ops 2. Seems like too much trouble for me though. Oh well.

Want to get my girlfriend a Pink 3DS for Christmas. Thinking I'll trade in Code of Princess and Wii Party and take that $30 of Trade-In Credit and purchase a 3DS from Best Buy, and have them price-match Target in process.

[quote name='snatcher33']2003 here too. And I agree, this site just isnt what it used to be, but I still love it.[/QUOTE]

Are any sites you visited back then the same as they were? I get the nostalgia and all, I sort of have that regarding early GameFAQs...but I can't think of any place that hasn't been affected due to more people getting into internet culture and whatnot.

[quote name='GBAstar']It's doubtful because the computer is going to see the return value of the random games you bought as $40 and they are going to see the current value of the games you want to exchange them for as $60[/QUOTE]

This is correct. I have confirmation from an employee. If you return any of those $60 games, you'd only get a $40 refund. So if you wanted to exchange one for Halo 4, you'd have to pay the difference, which is around $20.

It even shows on your receipt on how much you'd get a return/refund value.

[quote name='sasukekun']This is correct. I have confirmation from an employee. If you return any of those $60 games, you'd only get a $40 refund. So if you wanted to exchange one for Halo 4, you'd have to pay the difference, which is around $20.

It even shows on your receipt on how much you'd get a return/refund value.[/QUOTE]

Right... and I don't understand what is so hard for people to understand.

If you really want to "game" a retailer just buy a random $60 game (that isn't retailer specific---i.e. the "Target" version of AC3 won't work) and then return it without a receipt at Walmart.

Of course that is a return fraud but at least you can pull off the "place holder"

What people will do to save a few dollars... wish I had disposable "time" to run around all day

I was target just standing there. AC3, Mario 2, ???. After 30 minutes I left. I think I want Zero's Escape or Ragnarok Odyssey too much to fill in anything else. Same thing happened at Best Buy last week. Amazon will come through though. Next month. -_-

[quote name='GBAstar']Right... and I don't understand what is so hard for people to understand.

If you really want to "game" a retailer just buy a random $60 game (that isn't retailer specific---i.e. the "Target" version of AC3 won't work) and then return it without a receipt at Walmart.

Of course that is a return fraud but at least you can pull off the "place holder"

What people will do to save a few dollars... wish I had disposable "time" to run around all day[/QUOTE]

Umm...I was able to do this at TRU with a B2G1Free sale a while ago for a game that wasn't released yet with no problems. TRU at first said that they would only refund me $40 (thinking I was trying to return the game for $60) but I stated I just wanted to exchange the game.

As for returning it to Walmart, it will be much more of a hassle. Any item over the price of $50 automatically needs the manager's approval---they will be much stricter due to the blank/AOL disc switcharoo returns. Plus, you can only do three no receipt returns a year.

I just wait until Amazon has a similar sale---last year in November they had a B2G1 Free sale----although many were able to scored a B1G1 Free due to a misprint.

[quote name='dragonxxiv']I just wait until Amazon has a similar sale---last year in November they had a B2G1 Free sale----although many were able to scored a B1G1 Free due to a misprint.[/QUOTE]

I really hope they run that soon. I'm itching to buy a bunch of $20 titles. It was actually going on this time in 2010, so maybe we could see it as soon as next week. I don't know exactly when it started in 2011.

Picked up AC3 at Target tonight along with 2 other $59 titles that are going back tomorrow (only wanted AC3 for $39.99). Will pick up 3x WoW cards when I go back, still have a few months left on my Annual Pass that I owe, and my panda monk just hit 85 so I'm ready to get down with some xpac content. Works out well for me.

Picked up 3x AC3s because my friends and I wanted a copy. 2 360 and 1 ps3. It came out to 39 even with another friend using his target employee discount.

[quote name='person123']bought 3x 60 day world of warcraft time cards from target b2g1, good deal.[/QUOTE]
Cards work automatically, or did you have to get an override?

Wondering if this works on Microsoft Points? A 33% discount would be pretty good.

[quote name='Shagrath']Cards work automatically, or did you have to get an override?

Wondering if this works on Microsoft Points? A 33% discount would be pretty good.[/QUOTE]

I also bought 3x WoW Game Time Cards and got one free, did not require an override, worked automatically. However, the WoW cards are in a real game case, and are a scratch off type card, not a card activated digitally at a register.

so u can exchange not return the games and still get b2g1 free promo price? I want to buy ac3 and two other $60 games and only keep ac3. would i be able to go and exchange it for games coming out later in the month without hassles considering its an exchange not a refund?

[quote name='qtipp73']so u can exchange not return the games and still get b2g1 free promo price? I want to buy ac3 and two other $60 games and only keep ac3. would i be able to go and exchange it for games coming out later in the month without hassles considering its an exchange not a refund?[/QUOTE]

Did you read any of the posts on this page?

i got the specials this week for kmart that start this Sunday & they have a special for $15 off all WWE merchandise. my question is if anyone knows if i can use this towards WWE13 or will the $15 be for my next purchase? I already have a $5 off coupon so i'm hoping that I can get $20 off that would be a steal & help me out considering I'm going to be buying Halo 4 & Black Ops 2 in the future. if anyone knows or is planning to do this hit me up with a reply it would be very helpful considering K-Mart is a 20 minute drive & i don't really want to drive that distance just to find out it doesn't work. thanks!

[quote name='jza1218']Sigh. Tried to price match at best buy and was denied. I really hate my best buys.[/QUOTE]

Well it's against policy for them to PM b2g1 deals. People have just gotten managers that don't enforce the policy. You're better off trying to do it over the phone.

*sigh* I said I wasn't gonna, but I broke down and got in on the B2G1 from Target..

Sleeping Dogs for $45 (they still had the sale sign up from last week)
Fallout NV: Ultimate Edition
And Harvest Moon: New Beginning

[quote name='Sendoh']Got assassin creed 3 limited edition, now I can return 2 and just pay $80 plus tax for one :)[/QUOTE]

That is such an incredible idea. How did you ever think of pulling off that off?

[quote name='blehman']That is such an incredible idea. How did you ever think of pulling off that off?[/QUOTE]

I meant I bought 3 assassin creed 3 limited edition. And since target break down the price, it comes out to be 79.99 for 1.

[quote name='Sendoh']I meant I bought 3 assassin creed 3 limited edition. And since target break down the price, it comes out to be 79.99 for 1.[/QUOTE]

He was being sarcastic...

So glad I didn't open my copies of Dishonored and Borderlands 2 from BB yet. Returning them for store credit(Premier Silver 60 day return window) and pm'ing the B2G1 from Target to pick them back up and get Halo 4 as my free game tomorrow.

bread's done
Back