Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (10/28/12 to 11/3/12) Buy 2, Get 1 Free at Target

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][img-r=1]441[/img-r]
iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy discounts the Nintendo 3DS by $10. The 100% bonus on trade-ins continues.

icongs_r1.gif
GameStop offers the Street Fighter x Tekken PS3/Vita bundle for $49.99.

kmart.gif
Kmart advertises Assassins Creed 3 for $49.99 + $10 gaming coupon. WWE 13 and NFS: Most Wanted $59.99 both come with a $15 gaming coupon. SYWR members get a $5 reward card when they spend $50.

icontarget.gif
Target is holding a buy 2, get 1 free sale on all games. The Wii Sports bundle drops to $119 and the Nintendo 3DS is $145.

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us has no ad this week.[/preview]

The Rest of the Deals...
All MRSP prices have been removed.

Best Buy (Ad)
Thanks, coopscohen - See post here

iconbestbuy.gif
100% Bonus Trade-In Credit on ANY Game
:3ds: Nintendo 3DS $159.99 after $10 savings

GameStop (Ad)

Valid until 10/30

:360::ps3: Resident Evil: ORC $19.99
:360::ps3: Mass Effect 3 $19.99
:ps3::psp: Street Fighter x Tekken PS3/Vita bundle $49.99
:360: Witcher 2 $29.99
:360::ps3: Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition $19.99
:360::ps3: SSX $19.99
:360::ps3: Lollipop Chainsaw $19.99
:360::ps3: Batman AA GOTY $14.99
:360::ps3: Batman Arkham City GOTY $29.99
:ds: Lego Batman 2 $14.99
:360::ps3: 30% TIV Credit towards Assassins Creed 3

Kmart (Ad)
Thanks, htz- See post here

iconxbox360.gif
iconps3.gif
Assassins Creed 3 $49.99 with $10 gaming coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Dranakin']Zero Escape (Vita) isn't one of the "select" titles for the sale. Lame.[/QUOTE]

I was hoping they'd include Code of Princess for 3DS, or finally list Most Wanted or Street Fighter x Tekken for Vita...no luck with any of that, oh well.

[quote name='mftijeri']All the Wii titles are annoying, sucks you can't narrow by console neither[/QUOTE]

Sure you can. Just click on the "Compatibility" plus sign on the left.

You can buy multiple copies of one game if you do it on the website, added 3 of a game to my cart and it took the price of one off.

[quote name='perfectsil']whoa Halo 4 and BO2 PS3 can be part of B2G1[/QUOTE]

black ops 2 ps3 is part of it but you can't buy it online or in store so it's pointless..

halo 4 you can buy though....

my guess it's a mistake and i'm sure they will remove halo 4 soon.. or cancel the orders already placed.. but who knows maybe it's on purpose?

also you can buy 3 of the same game, even though the ad says you're only allowed 1 each unique game per transaction

also i added 3 of a $59.99 game and 3 of a $29.99 game and it took 1 $59.99 off and 1 $29.99 off instead of 2 $29.99 games off.. not sure why

[quote name='sassylaurie']Sure you can. Just click on the "Compatibility" plus sign on the left.[/QUOTE]

For me that resets things and just shows everything for the system I check...in other words it doesn't work as you say.

[quote name='Gamelore']Shipping kills the deal. Not sure why nobody mentioned that yet.

Need to go in :\[/QUOTE]

maybe most people have red cards..

[quote name='slidecage']anyone see any good 3 where i could sell the other 2 off and almost make my cash back (meaning 3rd game free)[/QUOTE]

depends the price of your other 2 games?

[quote name='slidecage']anyone see any good 3 where i could sell the other 2 off and almost make my cash back (meaning 3rd game free)[/QUOTE]

depends the price of your other 2 games?

[quote name='handsomepete']Consoles are in the online b2g1 free. Have fun, kids. Discount shows at checkout.

Edit: looks like it's only the blue 3ds.[/QUOTE]

^ Nice find...

Almost makes up for the fact that this has been live just an hour or two and AC3 and BOII has already been cleared out...

oh well I suppose it's true what they... early soccer mom gets the hoard

mm that sucks.. a bunch of games I was looking at an hour ago have had their prices increased, looks like almost everything is at retail price now. A lot of these games have had their price increased almost more than 33%, sort of makes b2g1 free pointless for a lot of games.

saint's row collectors went from $49.99 to $80
a lot of vita games were $24.99 now they're up to $39.99 (hot shots golf, wipeout, unit 13, resistance)
uncharted dual pack went from $29.99 to $39.49
phineas and ferb ps3 went from $19.99 to $30
new super mario bros 2 went from $34.99 to $39.99

I should have bought right when the deal went live.

[quote name='GBAstar']^ Nice find...

Almost makes up for the fact that this has been live just an hour or two and AC3 and BOII has already been cleared out...

oh well I suppose it's true what they... early soccer mom gets the hoard[/QUOTE]

AC3 ps3/xbox and BOII were never available.
AC3 vita was and still is available.

[quote name='jrr6415sun']mm that sucks.. a bunch of games I was looking at an hour ago now their prices have increased, looks like almost everything is at retail price now.

saint's row collectors went from $49.99 to $80
a lot of vita games were $24.99 now they're up to $39.99 (hot shots golf, wipeout, unit 13, resistance)
uncharted dual pack went from $29.99 to $39.49
new super mario bros 2 went from $34.99 to $39.99

I should have bought right when the deal went live.

AC3 ps3/xbox and BOII were never available.
AC3 vita was and still is available.[/QUOTE]

Thank you bad assumption on my part; they show as included but unavailable so I just assumed they got cleared out. On a positive note it does show Halo 4 as available

Somewhat off topic, but I haven't been checking the kmart thread and was curious - awhile back the thread was very active and they seemed to be having some good deals.

There was also a rep that was posting a lot in the thread (can't remember his name) - is he still around?

Anyone else (other then me) have problems with getting the award cards (i.e. online version of the gaming coupons) when you purchase games from Kmart.com?

I bought a PS3 and and FIFA 13 (separate promotions and separate transactions) and both were supposed to come with award cards ($30, $15) and both times I had to email customer service and the issue still hasn't been resolved...

I also made a large purchase with a cyber days coupon (15% back in SYWR points) about two weeks ago and those still haven't posted.

I really feel like the hassle of ordering online at Kmart.com outweighs any possible benefit

[quote name='jkimrey']Just noticed that the 3g Vita bundle is $180. Didn't realize the Vita was going for less than the 3ds xl now...[/QUOTE]

If you're interested in the Vita that is actually a really awesome price. I have this same Vita and while the 3G is by all accounts basically worthless (I've had the base plan activated for a few months as I figured I'd give it a shot----has done nothing for me) you're still getting an 8GB memory card and vita console for $180----both new.

Also it isn't available online but the Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle ($249.99) is tagged as B2G1 Free... this is NOT the holiday bundle but the standard 4GB/Kinect bundle. It shows as available in store though. Would be interesting if it did ring up B2G1 free.

[quote name='GBAstar']Thank you bad assumption on my part; they show as included but unavailable so I just assumed they got cleared out. On a positive note it does show Halo 4 as available[/QUOTE]

Black Ops 2 is available, only problem is once you reach checkout it doesn't take a game off even though it's supposably part of the sale. I was really hoping to get AC3, NFS Most Wanted, and MoH Warfighter. AC3 broke the deal :(

I'm not too bothered because I really feel like if you know what you're doing you can get AC3, Black Ops II or Halo 4 all for $40 or less after you factor in Gift Cards or price matches (possibly considerably less if you sell your DLC).

I'm interested to see if they enforce the "can't buy multiples of the same title" rule; it's a smart rule (wards of resellers) but will make me rethink my purchasing strategy.

The real shame is that Zone of the Enders HD Collection and Ragnarok Odyssey (Standard & Mercenary Editions) aren't tagged online and I doubt they are sold instores which means if I want either game I'm going to end up having to pay MSRP

So does anybody know when Amazon would match this if they are? Would they wait until Tuesday, or would it go up sometime today?

I guess the question would be is when they've matched it in the past, how long did it take them to start it?

[quote name='radioactivez0r']I'm running out of reasons not to grab AC3 at launch.[/QUOTE]
Both Brotherhood and Revelations had some glitches that blocked trophies from being earned in the PS3 versions. They were fixed with patches released around a month after launch. 3 might have something similar.

That, and UBISoft games usually go down in price to $20-$30 within a year.

[quote name='T9X69']Black Ops 2 is available, only problem is once you reach checkout it doesn't take a game off even though it's supposably part of the sale. I was really hoping to get AC3, NFS Most Wanted, and MoH Warfighter. AC3 broke the deal :([/QUOTE]

black ops 2 ps3 is part of the online sale but not available online
black ops 2 xbox is not part of the sale online but available.

Stores open up in 2 hours here on the east coast. I'll let you guys know if the Buy 1, Get 1 free glitch happens again. If anyone else wants to try it, remember:

1) Take all your games up to the front for purchasing. If the electronic reps give you a hard time, tell them you more more shopping to do. YMMV
1a) The reason you bring them up to the front is covered below.

2) Have the cashier scan the games two at a time. If s/he questions why, say you want to make multiple transactions for Holiday shopping reasons, making returns easier. If the glitch doesn't come up, just say you changed your mind.
2b) At this point, you can always go back to the electronics department and say you want to add more games to your order if you were still interested in the legit sale.

*Buy bringing the games up to the front, you'll delay the time it will take corporate to be aware of the glitch. And please don't jump around and act excited in the store if it does work. Just be cool and then come post it back on CAG to let everyone else know if it works.

[quote name='Bosamba']Stores open up in 2 hours here on the east coast. I'll let you guys know if the Buy 1, Get 1 free glitch happens again. If anyone else wants to try it, remember:

1) Take all your games up to the front for purchasing. If the electronic reps give you a hard time, tell them you more more shopping to do. YMMV
1a) The reason you bring them up to the front is covered below.

2) Have the cashier scan the games two at a time. If s/he questions why, say you want to make multiple transactions for Holiday shopping reasons, making returns easier. If the glitch doesn't come up, just say you changed your mind.
2b) At this point, you can always go back to the electronics department and say you want to add more games to your order if you were still interested in the legit sale.

*Buy bringing the games up to the front, you'll delay the time it will take corporate to be aware of the glitch. And please don't jump around and act excited in the store if it does work. Just be cool and then come post it back on CAG to let everyone else know if it works.[/QUOTE]

As a Target electronics person, we don't really stop people from using a glitch, in fact last time it happened, I believe all of my team members took advantage of it. I'm also not sure how your store works but at mine, if the game is locked up, they have to be rung up in electronics. When/if this happens, it'll take Corporate several hours to fix it as it has to get updated in the computers, I believe last time it lasted until about 4PM EST.

[quote name='Beatofficer']As a Target electronics person, we don't really stop people from using a glitch, in fact last time it happened, I believe all of my team members took advantage of it. I'm also not sure how your store works but at mine, if the game is locked up, they have to be rung up in electronics. When/if this happens, it'll take Corporate several hours to fix it as it has to get updated in the computers, I believe last time it lasted until about 4PM EST.[/QUOTE]
I rememebr that. Too ad NFS and WWE 13 come out on Tuesday. As of now, the only games Id consider taking advantage of are Borderlands 2, and Dishonored

[quote name='Havok83']I rememebr that. Too ad NFS and WWE 13 come out on Tuesday. As of now, the only games Id consider taking advantage of are Borderlands 2, and Dishonored[/QUOTE]

Both games are worth it, Borderlands 2 I've only put down long enough since the release to play through Dishonored on a revenge playthrough, then went back to Borderlands 2 to play Mecromancer and haven't stopped. I'm planning on going back to Dishonored for a no-kill playthrough because there's pretty much endless possibilities in that game.

[quote name='GBAstar']If you're interested in the Vita that is actually a really awesome price. I have this same Vita and while the 3G is by all accounts basically worthless (I've had the base plan activated for a few months as I figured I'd give it a shot----has done nothing for me) you're still getting an 8GB memory card and vita console for $180----both new.[/QUOTE]

Actually $170.99 shipped for me (Red Card and no sales tax). I just can't pass that up even though it was my plan to hold out for Black Friday and wait for some sort of Amazon deal then (to use my credit there).

I'll probably regret this later when I never play the thing, but there you go - at least I didn't buy it on day one like the PSP ;).

I'm assuming you can just never bother to activate the 3G plan and use it via WiFi right?

Now this has got me thinking about games: LittleBigPlanet Vita (obviously), the new Professor Layton for 3DS, and... what other $40 game? And do I wait for Amazon on this?

[quote name='io']Actually $170.99 shipped for me (Red Card and no sales tax). I just can't pass that up even though it was my plan to hold out for Black Friday and wait for some sort of Amazon deal then (to use my credit there).

I'll probably regret this later when I never play the thing, but there you go - at least I didn't buy it on day one like the PSP ;).

I'm assuming you can just never bother to activate the 3G plan and use it via WiFi right?

Now this has got me thinking about games: LittleBigPlanet Vita (obviously), the new Professor Layton for 3DS, and... what other $40 game? And do I wait for Amazon on this?[/QUOTE]

Yes you can just use it as WiFi no need to activate 3G.

I'm guessing they dont carry Virtues Last Reward? Other than that I dont know of any recent $40 games worth getting besides the ones you mentioned. Pokemon White or Black maybe? New Little King's Story?

Edit: wow was just reading about a b1g1 glitch last time? I hope there isn't because I'll lose some much needed sleep if it happens again.

Thanks for the Vita info - as much as I know about gaming I know nothing about that really. I've barely even tried the thing out. But that same bundle is $280 at Amazon right now and getting it for nearly $110 off Amazon's price (with the RedCard discount) was too tempting to resist.

[quote name='ShockandAww']
Edit: wow was just reading about a b1g1 glitch last time? I hope there isn't because I'll lose some much needed sleep if it happens again.[/QUOTE]

I hope the glitch doesn't happen because it was over before I even got up last time and I had to read all about the great things everyone got ;).

[quote name='io']Thanks for the Vita info - as much as I know about gaming I know nothing about that really. I've barely even tried the thing out. But that same bundle is $280 at Amazon right now and nearly $110 off (with the RedCard discount) was too tempting to resist.

I hope the glitch doesn't happen because it was over before I even got up last time and I had to read all about the great things everyone got ;).[/QUOTE]

You're making a good choice with the 3G bundle. I have one and although the 3G service is very lackluster it's neat to have in case Sony ever decides to give it purpose and the 8GB memory card is a nice bonus.

I'm thinking about picking up a second for my girlfriend at this price. Just a wild guess but I wonder if sony has decide to scrap the 3G (or perhaps release a 4G model).

[quote name='GBAstar']You're making a good choice with the 3G bundle. I have one and although the 3G service is very lackluster it's neat to have in case Sony ever decides to give it purpose and the 8GB memory card is a nice bonus..[/QUOTE]

Yeah, really the 8Gb card was the clincher for me. I know how outrageously priced those things are and it seems I could probably get by with 8GB, whereas 4GB is pretty limiting. Amazon had a deal a week ago on the base WiFi model with LBP and a 4GB card for free that was a decent deal that I seriously considered, but I think this one works out a bit better. Had the Amazon deal been for a bigger memory card I probably would have gotten it. I seriously never expect to use the 3G though. If I ever play the thing, it will be at home anyway and WiFi is just fine for that.

But this deal is still about $40 cheaper (and with twice as big a memory card) even if I shell out full price for LBP.

wouldnt mind the b1g1 glitch. Not much that I'm wanting to buy or play. Already purhcased Bops2 at best buy (hardend edition). Still have about $60 in credit at best buy though.

Only games that Im considering are:
Borderlands 2
assassins creed 3

Or wait till black friday

It's 8AM (I should be at the store but I lack the motivation); anyone find any "unexpected" results when trying to ring up games?

Personally I am just more interested to know if they strictly prohibit buying more then 1 of a particular title.

Also it'd be nice to know if the vita 3g is $180 in store too

I'll probably head over in an hour if no one had reported by then

[quote name='osugsxr']wouldnt mind the b1g1 glitch. Not much that I'm wanting to buy or play. Already purhcased Bops2 at best buy (hardend edition). Still have about $60 in credit at best buy though.

Only games that Im considering are:
Borderlands 2
assassins creed 3

Or wait till black friday[/QUOTE]
even if there was a B1G1 glitch, it would be fixxed before AC3's release on Tuesday

New Little King's Story is PSN only (no retail release).

[quote name='ShockandAww']Yes you can just use it as WiFi no need to activate 3G.

I'm guessing they dont carry Virtues Last Reward? Other than that I dont know of any recent $40 games worth getting besides the ones you mentioned. Pokemon White or Black maybe? New Little King's Story?

Edit: wow was just reading about a b1g1 glitch last time? I hope there isn't because I'll lose some much needed sleep if it happens again.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Dranakin']Zero Escape (Vita) isn't one of the "select" titles for the sale. Lame.[/QUOTE]

Is there a way to find what is actually on the list? I mean, this game is available to purchase online...I don't see why it's not included :(

[quote name='mkelehan']Just had an associate scan and total two games, Layton and NSMB2. No discount.[/QUOTE]

....that's what you want us to think

Just kidding. Thanks for posting back. I guess I'll wait until Tuesday for the new releases to come out unless someone reports back about hardware being included or that the 3G Vita is indeed $180 in store as well.

I can confirm no glitch. Had :360: Battlefield 3 Premium Edition and :360: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron in my hand, was disappointed to see it come up $120+.

I don't know if Target has electronic department "leads" but the young gentlemen that is always covering that area is a full blown goober and company man to boot. I would love to go in their and try the 4GB Kinect Bundle or Aqua Blue 3DS (two consoles that are tagged as B2G1 online) but even if it goes through he's going to shut me down or make my life difficult and I don't need either--but I am planning on giving my parents an Xbox so they can share Digital Copies of Blu's I have through Vudu (ultraviolet's at least) and use the HBO Go app so it is tempting to try.

Not only was there no glitch this time around, but of the three Target stores I swung by within the first hour of opening this morning, all three of them had at least as many empty game "bins" as occupied ones for both 360 and PS3.

Target's selection is bad enough as it is, but this was atrocious; almost made me wonder if they are purposefully holding back stock to put out on Tuesday when this week's games release.

[quote name='Wynterwind']Not only was there no glitch this time around, but of the three Target stores I swung by within the first hour of opening this morning, all three of them had at least as many empty game "bins" as occupied ones for both 360 and PS3.

Target's selection is bad enough as it is, but this was atrocious; almost made me wonder if they are purposefully holding back stock to put out on Tuesday when this week's games release.[/QUOTE]

I honestly think that target stores have just focused on proper stock prediction. That's why there's a number of empty slots in the plastic prisons and why clearance has been so very dry.

[quote name='NintendoCleveland']For anyone looking to order online, AC III: Liberation for the Vita is on the list and active.[/QUOTE]

No NFS: Most Wanted yer though :(

bread's done
Back