Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (10/28/12 to 11/3/12) Buy 2, Get 1 Free at Target

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][img-r=1]441[/img-r]
iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy discounts the Nintendo 3DS by $10. The 100% bonus on trade-ins continues.

icongs_r1.gif
GameStop offers the Street Fighter x Tekken PS3/Vita bundle for $49.99.

kmart.gif
Kmart advertises Assassins Creed 3 for $49.99 + $10 gaming coupon. WWE 13 and NFS: Most Wanted $59.99 both come with a $15 gaming coupon. SYWR members get a $5 reward card when they spend $50.

icontarget.gif
Target is holding a buy 2, get 1 free sale on all games. The Wii Sports bundle drops to $119 and the Nintendo 3DS is $145.

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us has no ad this week.[/preview]

The Rest of the Deals...
All MRSP prices have been removed.

Best Buy (Ad)
Thanks, coopscohen - See post here

iconbestbuy.gif
100% Bonus Trade-In Credit on ANY Game
:3ds: Nintendo 3DS $159.99 after $10 savings

GameStop (Ad)

Valid until 10/30

:360::ps3: Resident Evil: ORC $19.99
:360::ps3: Mass Effect 3 $19.99
:ps3::psp: Street Fighter x Tekken PS3/Vita bundle $49.99
:360: Witcher 2 $29.99
:360::ps3: Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition $19.99
:360::ps3: SSX $19.99
:360::ps3: Lollipop Chainsaw $19.99
:360::ps3: Batman AA GOTY $14.99
:360::ps3: Batman Arkham City GOTY $29.99
:ds: Lego Batman 2 $14.99
:360::ps3: 30% TIV Credit towards Assassins Creed 3

Kmart (Ad)
Thanks, htz- See post here

iconxbox360.gif
iconps3.gif
Assassins Creed 3 $49.99 with $10 gaming coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd love to get rangarok odyssey (don't even know what this game is about but it looks cool, anybody know what type of game it is?), NFS: most wanted vita and assassins creed 3 liberation with b2g1 wonder if target will have them all and if my GF will let me get them all and assassins creed 3 ps3?

In case anyone was wondering.... point cards did not work. Tried it while I was getting my games.

Ended up with...
- Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
- Tales of Abyss
- Super Mario Galaxy 2

[quote name='yokofox33']Bleh, I'd be all over AC3, Halo 4, and perhaps Dishonored if AC3 were in stock...[/QUOTE]

did i miss something? i didnt think halo 4 was out til NEXT week...after the sale ends.

[quote name='jr8rulz']did i miss something? i didnt think halo 4 was out til NEXT week...after the sale ends.[/QUOTE]

It's part of the deal. And when I go to checkout with a test game the discount is applied.

[quote name='yokofox33']It's part of the deal. And when I go to checkout with a test game the discount is applied.[/QUOTE]

Oh so you plan to buy any random game now and just exchange it in a week for halo 4, thus ripping off target and depriving someone who may want that random game of their item as well. brave good sir, feel good spending your gas on 2 trips and making little billy cry.

Sheeit, Ragnarok isn't even qualifying online; hoping this is an error or that they end up carrying it in-store after all. I canceled my NewEgg preorder since I heard some prerelease buzz saying it was boring and shallow, but I'm still watching it to see if it's worth the purchase; however, if Target doesn't carry this in-store, then I might have dug my own grave.

So finally got the ad and I see ACIII and WWE '13 are featured with the the B2G1 deal but then on the third page they have NFS:MW separate, since I was planning on doing a price match at WM at midnight I got a feeling they might be anal about it because MW2012 isn't grouped with the rest. I'm sure I could argue it but it might be a YMMV situation.. Anyone had experience with this issue in the past with WM or another store?

[quote name='TheKing']So does anybody know when Amazon would match this if they are? Would they wait until Tuesday, or would it go up sometime today?

I guess the question would be is when they've matched it in the past, how long did it take them to start it?[/QUOTE]

Let's hope it's tonight, I'm going to call them in a bit and do some nagging regarding my pre-orders. Actually make that now because they changed my pre-orders to "shipping soon".

EDIT: Annnnd Amazon cancelled. A steelbook, pre-order bonuses and the convenience of being at my door on release is nice and all but I'd rather save $30 from going out and buying them with Target's B2G1 free deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GBAstar']Personally I am just more interested to know if they strictly prohibit buying more then 1 of a particular title.[/QUOTE]

I tried to buy two copies of Professor Layton for my daughter and nephew, but they didn't let me do so.
FYI, this was a store in Valencia, CA.

[quote name='ScarlettsUnderBoob']Anyone try this with PC games yet?[/QUOTE]

I will try later today for xcom special edition. Its always worked before but it could be different this time. I checked Guild Wars 2, Borderlands 2, and Xcom online but only xcom was eligible. Hopefully its different in store.

[quote name='kangchousa']I tried to buy two copies of Professor Layton for my daughter and nephew, but they didn't let me do so.
FYI, this was a store in Valencia, CA.[/QUOTE]

was it the employee that stopped you or did the register actually not ring them up as b2g1

Target's Vita selection blows. Best Buy didn't have much either last week. Neither had Zero's Escape: Virtue's Last Reward or Spy Hunter. What gives?

[quote name='Zazoo']was it the employee that stopped you or did the register actually not ring them up as b2g1[/QUOTE]

It was an employee pointing out the restriction on the shelf tag. So, I'm not sure about the register itself.

Got Binary/Domain, Journey, and Ratchet and Clank Collection. Wanted to get Lego LOTR DS which they said was in stock but couldn't find it. I'll exchange Ratchet for it when they get it.

[quote name='Gideon68']Got Binary/Domain, Journey, and Ratchet and Clank Collection. Wanted to get Lego LOTR DS which they said was in stock but couldn't find it. I'll exchange Ratchet for it when they get it.[/QUOTE]

It's because LOTR DS is scheduled to be released on Tuesday, 10/30.

[quote name='kangchousa']It was an employee pointing out the restriction on the shelf tag. So, I'm not sure about the register itself.[/QUOTE]

Thanks I'll give it a shot when I head out and see if it actually works at the register

[quote name='Zazoo']Thanks I'll give it a shot when I head out and see if it actually works at the register[/QUOTE]

No problem. Btw, purchasing the same title but on two different platforms were okay.

sorry if this has been asked before...but does target price match their online website? I see mario tennis for 35.99 on their site...

[quote name='sasuke543']sorry if this has been asked before...but does target price match their online website? I see mario tennis for 35.99 on their site...[/QUOTE]

not now they don't but on Nov 1st they will

Gonna wait til Tuesday to get WWE 13, AC III, and NFS: MW at Target. I would rather do it online since I'll be working in the field and for the convenience. If not, Target is a short drive away and will go there during lunch hour.

I just put in an in-store pickup of AC III at Best Buy as well just in case (for the $20 Gamers Unlocked bonus) I have to resort to Plan B.

I can confirm that PC games are included in the sale (wow time cards included).
Also the register will ring up b2g1 even if you have the same title

Does BB take print out ads for PMs? For some reason, like the first time in years, my paper this weekend came with a Sears ad and not a K-Mart ad, and the Sears ad still shows AC3 for $59.99.

Also, does anyone know what I have to do to PM AC3 that first day at BB without losing my RZ cert? I just need to tell the person working that it can't be listed as a return, just something else, right?

[quote name='buster90']Target's Vita selection blows. Best Buy didn't have much either last week. Neither had Zero's Escape: Virtue's Last Reward or Spy Hunter. What gives?[/QUOTE]

I really don't get it, 3DS had plenty of qualified games for these (including niche ones) last year. It's like they want the Vita to keep failing when this is a great opportunity to move software and possibly hardware.

[quote name='Prismatico']I really don't get it, 3DS had plenty of qualified games for these (including niche ones) last year. It's like they want the Vita to keep failing when this is a great opportunity to move software and possibly hardware.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Vita owners are going to keep getting shafted until things turn around. :cry:

So let me ask you this my fellow CAGs:

If I were to walk into BB with a KMart ad for the week and ask for a PM - I can get AC3 for $40 due to PMing the price AND the $10 coupon?

Just wondering in advance of driving...seems like it would be YMMV due to getting a coupon as well for preordering.

[quote name='R0tatioNz']So let me ask you this my fellow CAGs:

If I were to walk into BB with a KMart ad for the week and ask for a PM - I can get AC3 for $40 due to PMing the price AND the $10 coupon?

Just wondering in advance of driving...seems like it would be YMMV due to getting a coupon as well for preordering.[/QUOTE]

YMMV, but the chances are they tell you no. Their reason will be they can't PM gift cards/coupons. But they have no reason not to give you the $49.99 price.

[quote name='guitarguy']So halo 4 works but not ac3?[/QUOTE]

I think they both work, but AC3 just isn't available for shipping at the moment.

[quote name='Teriana']YMMV, but the chances are they tell you no. Their reason will be they can't PM gift cards/coupons. But they have no reason not to give you the $49.99 price.[/QUOTE]

Hmm well the thing is they do PM GC, they just deduct the price of what the GC value would be, but since its a sale AND a coupon thats why I would think it is YMMV, but will still check. thanks!

[quote name='guitarguy']So halo 4 works but not ac3?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='yokofox33']I think they both work, but AC3 just isn't available for shipping at the moment.[/QUOTE]

Halo 4 doesn't work for me? Not part of the B2G1.

[quote name='R0tatioNz']Hmm well the thing is they do PM GC, they just deduct the price of what the GC value would be, but since its a sale AND a coupon thats why I would think it is YMMV, but will still check. thanks![/QUOTE]

No the thing is they don't PM GC. It is right in their PM policy. It is YMMV if your store does it.

Working on my "argument" for if I try to PM with WalMart at midnight and some YMMV fun. The lack of WWE '13 price and only showing the XB360 version (ACIII is price on another page at least) and NFS:MW not being grouped with those games are thing I'm sure I'll have to deal with so hoping that if I bring "evidence" of the price for WWE '13 and it covers the PS3 version as well along with NFS:MW also being part of the deal it'll be enough convince them to go with it and I won't have to bother with going to Target eight or so hours later.

Walked out of my Target today with LEGO Star Wars complete, LEGO Pirates, and Assassin's Creed 2 for $39.97. Employee at the check out actually brought up the b1g1 glitch last year, he was disappointed it didn't work again.

On my receipt it says each game's refund value is $13.33, does anyone know if I can just return AC2 for that amount? Haven't done a video game return at Target in a LONG time...

That Binary Domain/Yakuza Dead Souls two pack they have at Target is kinda crazy, they had Binary domain right next to it for $10 more! Combined that with NSMB2 and Layton Miracle Mask, everything was $80.

[quote name='GamerDude316']Walked out of my Target today with LEGO Star Wars complete, LEGO Pirates, and Assassin's Creed 2 for $39.97. Employee at the check out actually brought up the b1g1 glitch last year, he was disappointed it didn't work again.

On my receipt it says each game's refund value is $13.33, does anyone know if I can just return AC2 for that amount? Haven't done a video game return at Target in a LONG time...[/QUOTE]

yes

[quote name='Zolor23']Halo 4 doesn't work for me? Not part of the B2G1.[/QUOTE]

It was working earlier. They probably realized they made a mistake and corrected the problem.

[quote name='animemaniac14']yes[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I"ll give it a shot this week. Would rather pick it up for $10 down the road when i'll have time to play it.

bread's done
Back