Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (10/28/12 to 11/3/12) Buy 2, Get 1 Free at Target

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][img-r=1]441[/img-r]
iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy discounts the Nintendo 3DS by $10. The 100% bonus on trade-ins continues.

icongs_r1.gif
GameStop offers the Street Fighter x Tekken PS3/Vita bundle for $49.99.

kmart.gif
Kmart advertises Assassins Creed 3 for $49.99 + $10 gaming coupon. WWE 13 and NFS: Most Wanted $59.99 both come with a $15 gaming coupon. SYWR members get a $5 reward card when they spend $50.

icontarget.gif
Target is holding a buy 2, get 1 free sale on all games. The Wii Sports bundle drops to $119 and the Nintendo 3DS is $145.

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us has no ad this week.[/preview]

The Rest of the Deals...
All MRSP prices have been removed.

Best Buy (Ad)
Thanks, coopscohen - See post here

iconbestbuy.gif
100% Bonus Trade-In Credit on ANY Game
:3ds: Nintendo 3DS $159.99 after $10 savings

GameStop (Ad)

Valid until 10/30

:360::ps3: Resident Evil: ORC $19.99
:360::ps3: Mass Effect 3 $19.99
:ps3::psp: Street Fighter x Tekken PS3/Vita bundle $49.99
:360: Witcher 2 $29.99
:360::ps3: Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition $19.99
:360::ps3: SSX $19.99
:360::ps3: Lollipop Chainsaw $19.99
:360::ps3: Batman AA GOTY $14.99
:360::ps3: Batman Arkham City GOTY $29.99
:ds: Lego Batman 2 $14.99
:360::ps3: 30% TIV Credit towards Assassins Creed 3

Kmart (Ad)
Thanks, htz- See post here

iconxbox360.gif
iconps3.gif
Assassins Creed 3 $49.99 with $10 gaming coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SynGamer']Assuming this doesn't work online...I think I'm just going to wait for Amazon's B2G1 sale. It's clear Target has no interest in selling the Vita or its games. I'd rather give my money to a company that has no bias.[/QUOTE]

I don't understand. Are you saying Vita games are not included in the sale or are you just commenting on Target's Vita selection or pricing?

[quote name='WNYX585AM']I don't understand. Are you saying Vita games are not included in the sale or are you just commenting on Target's Vita selection or pricing?[/QUOTE]

I'm commenting on how Target doesn't even have Most Wanted for the Vita listed on their site. And all of my local Targets are severely lacking on stocking the newest games when they are released...seeing as how I'm not paying $60 for new games (PS3/360) that will drop in price quickly, there's no point in this sale for Vita fans.

[quote name='SynGamer']I'm commenting on how Target doesn't even have Most Wanted for the Vita listed on their site. And all of my local Targets are severely lacking on stocking the newest games when they are released...seeing as how I'm not paying $60 for new games (PS3/360) that will drop in price quickly, there's no point in this sale for Vita fans.[/QUOTE]

I am planning (hoping) to get AC3: Liberation and NFS for Vita on Tuesday to take advantage of this deal (along with a third game TBA). I assume Target will carry NFS. I can't imagine them not having it. Normally, I wait for price drops after games have been out for awhile, but it seems like Vita games drops more slowly than Xbox or PS3, so that is why I am interested in this sale. Somehow I doubt that these two games will be much lower than $27 each until 2013.

I can't comment on Vita game quantities in-stock since I have little experience with that, so I hope I am not disappointed.

[quote name='MoCiWe']Can I pick up 2 copies of the same game? Me and my friend both want NFS and if we do this and split the cost then sell the third game we'd save a couple bucks.[/QUOTE]

Don't see why not. Should work.

[quote name='DtotheP']Assassins Creed 3 $15 coupon?[/QUOTE]

I think he means he is using the $15 coupon from WWE on the Assassins Creed game.

Nope. Has to be three different titles. I just got the paper with the ad in it.
And yes, it starts tomorrow and it looks like Skylanders is included but not the character packs.

Looks like I'll be heading out in the morning to grab Skylanders to return on my receipt from last week, Medal of Honor to return on my receipt from Thurs. and another game to just return right away.

[quote name='Flacksguy']Nope. Has to be three different titles. I just got the paper with the ad in it.
[/QUOTE]

That seems strange. I guess I could do two transactions.

Yakuza Dead Souls / Binary Domain $30
Journey Collection $30
Ace Combat: Assault Horizon $30 free

Red Dead Redemption Complete Edition $30
L.A. Noire Complete Edition $30 free

Instead of
Journey Collection $30 free

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']That seems strange. I guess I could do two transactions.

Journey Collection $30
Ace Combat: Assault Horizon $30 free

Red Dead Redemption Complete Edition $30
L.A. Noire Complete Edition $30 free

Instead of
Journey Collection $30 free[/QUOTE]

Not strange at all. They're are now potentially going to sell you twice as many games as they would have.
But yes, it is annoying if you're trying to buy one title for yourself and the same title as a gift. Two transactions will work fine, just return the extra games. It will work out to the same price.

[quote name='SynGamer']I'm commenting on how Target doesn't even have Most Wanted for the Vita listed on their site. And all of my local Targets are severely lacking on stocking the newest games when they are released...seeing as how I'm not paying $60 for new games (PS3/360) that will drop in price quickly, there's no point in this sale for Vita fans.[/QUOTE]

hey im not 100% sure on this but ive heard some guy that works at target said they are already stocking AC:liberation and NFS:MW although he said they dont have ragnarok...so I guess it must be different from store to store...

[quote name='ozdarkhorse']Honestly, unless you truly want 3 brand new games at full price around this time, I feel like you'd be better served just doing the pre-order at newegg for $47.99 no tax free ship or another site doing something similar. Then just wait for black friday for games that have been out for a while, bc they're guaranteed to be below $30. That'd actually put you less than the $120 for 3.[/QUOTE]
I'm just gonna do the newegg deal and get Halo 4 and Black Ops II for now.

[quote name='Flacksguy']Nope. Has to be three different titles. I just got the paper with the ad in it.
And yes, it starts tomorrow and it looks like Skylanders is included but not the character packs.

Looks like I'll be heading out in the morning to grab Skylanders to return on my receipt from last week, Medal of Honor to return on my receipt from Thurs. and another game to just return right away.[/QUOTE]

Well that sucks, now I'm not sure what I should do, I'll probably just buy them on NewEgg since we both just want NFS, shame we wont get it right at launch though.

[quote name='ajm_64']hey im not 100% sure on this but ive heard some guy that works at target said they are already stocking AC:liberation and NFS:MW although he said they dont have ragnarok...so I guess it must be different from store to store...[/QUOTE]

I just got back from Target and can confirm it starts Sunday and that the following three Vita games will be on sale:

AC3: Liberation
NFS: Most Wanted
LEGO LotR

Nothing mentioned about Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward or Ragnarok Odyssey :(

[quote name='SynGamer']I just got back from Target and can confirm it starts Sunday and that the following three Vita games will be on sale:

AC3: Liberation
NFS: Most Wanted
LEGO LotR

Nothing mentioned about Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward or Ragnarok Odyssey :([/QUOTE]
LEGO LotR doesn't release until Nov 13.

Looks like I'll be heading out in the morning to grab Skylanders to return on my receipt from last week, Medal of Honor to return on my receipt from Thurs. and another game to just return right away.[/QUOTE]

Elsewhere someone said WWE '13 is shown and I know ACIII would be but is NFS:MW listed as well? Granted I'll find out tomorrow morning when I get the ad in the paper but still would rather know now and not wait.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='georgebot84']Target does not do return/rebuy?

Or have they changed policy?[/QUOTE]

I don't see how any story can deny you to rebuy an item that was just returned...

[quote name='SynGamer']I don't see how any story can deny you to rebuy an item that was just returned...[/QUOTE]

Last time I tried, they told me they had to put the game back in stock (about a year ago).

I bought the last copy of gran turismo at my target last week, so I don't want to loose the game.

[quote name='SynGamer']I don't see how any story can deny you to rebuy an item that was just returned...[/QUOTE]

Target does. It's to prevent people from coming back constantly and getting price adjustments on clearance.

I haven't bought a wrestling game in a long time and couldn't even tell you who's big in the business now other than the obvious. The nice thing about '13 though is it includes "attitude era" characters which brings out the inner geek in me. Also, WWE games in general are fun when you have a group of people over that may not be into your typical sports titles. The graphic detail looks amazing as well as the in-game mechanics in all of the youtube vids I've seen. Could be the best wrestling game OAT with all of the different modes you have control over.

Yea for people looking to get both games, it's a sweet deal considering you can get AC III for $30 counting the coupons and rewards if you pick up WWE 13. Plus, from what the ad seems to say, there's an extra $10 in rewards to go towards another game... figure when the next batch hit $19.99 on clearance, there's my $10 game.

[quote name='PHOENIXZERO']Elsewhere someone said WWE '13 is shown and I know ACIII would be but is NFS:MW listed as well? Granted I'll find out tomorrow morning when I get the ad in the paper but still would rather know now and not wait.[/QUOTE]

The ad didn't exclude any games, only that the Skylanders figures didn't qualify, and that you couldn't get more than one of the same title. It even stated that AC III and a few others were available Tues.
So the sale should include anything they have in stock.

[quote name='Flacksguy']The ad didn't exclude any games, only that the Skylanders figures didn't qualify, and that you couldn't get more than one of the same title. It even stated that AC III and a few others were available Tues.
So the sale should include anything they have in stock.[/QUOTE]

I forgot to mention, the only reason I asked was for price match purposes. ;)

[quote name='bojay1997']Target does. It's to prevent people from coming back constantly and getting price adjustments on clearance.[/QUOTE]

But, they aren't going to stop you from returning something at the customer service counter and then picking something up off the shelf and buying it again.

I can see there being a problem if someone has something they no longer stock and wants to return/rebuy. But, if it's still stocked, what are they going to do to stop you?

I did run into problems when I tried to price match with another store once and the CS people did not know their own policy. They told me I could only price match at the time of purchase. So, I asked them if I could just rebuy what I had bought, price match, then return them against the original receipt. This confused them. In the end, they would not let me do the return at the same time and wanted me to bring back the items I had bought before. I pointed out that they were the exact same thing and for a second I think smoke was coming out of their ears. I gave up and just did the return at another Target later.

So have we confirmed if this sale works with pre-orders coming out this week? & Also if it can be used to pay off a game that's to be released in the near future like Black Ops 2 & PS All-stars?

I wanted to let everyone know, usually the gaming coupons start the next week. I bought a 3DS XL last week and got a $20 coupon that doesn't start until tomorrow

[quote name='NeoMonk']So have we confirmed if this sale works with pre-orders coming out this week? & Also if it can be used to pay off a game that's to be released in the near future like Black Ops 2 & PS All-stars?[/QUOTE]

Probably not. Expect it to be only on whatever is in stock.

[quote name='BrandonJF']But, they aren't going to stop you from returning something at the customer service counter and then picking something up off the shelf and buying it again.

I can see there being a problem if someone has something they no longer stock and wants to return/rebuy. But, if it's still stocked, what are they going to do to stop you?

I did run into problems when I tried to price match with another store once and the CS people did not know their own policy. They told me I could only price match at the time of purchase. So, I asked them if I could just rebuy what I had bought, price match, then return them against the original receipt. This confused them. In the end, they would not let me do the return at the same time and wanted me to bring back the items I had bought before. I pointed out that they were the exact same thing and for a second I think smoke was coming out of their ears. I gave up and just did the return at another Target later.[/QUOTE]

Yes, assuming other copies are in stock. That's not really a return/rebuy. That's a return and then an entirely new transaction with a different copy.

[quote name='Flacksguy']The ad didn't exclude any games, only that the Skylanders figures didn't qualify, and that you couldn't get more than one of the same title. It even stated that AC III and a few others were available Tues.
So the sale should include anything they have in stock.[/QUOTE]

They usually exclude new releases online, at least that was the case last year for something I had wanted. Best Buy didn't set it to work for last week's releases online either.

[quote name='lordopus99']LEGO LotR doesn't release until Nov 13.[/QUOTE]

Handhelds versions of LEGO LotR release on Oct 30th. Consoles release on Nov 13th.

[quote name='Wario64']Thread/OP needs updating badly. Begins tomorrow, all 3 games have to be different games.[/QUOTE]

Does getting the same title between both platforms (Xbox 360 & PS3) still qualify?

[quote name='Wario64']Thread/OP needs updating badly. Begins tomorrow, all 3 games have to be different games.[/QUOTE]

Does the add state that? More importantly is that how the deal is programmed in the computer? If so it would be the first time I've ever heard of that being applied/enforced on any B2G1 (not just games)

[quote name='GBAstar']Does the add state that? More importantly is that how the deal is programmed in the computer? If so it would be the first time I've ever heard of that being applied/enforced on any B2G1 (not just games)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the ad says each title must be different per transaction

i updated it

[quote name='Xerxes']And like Best Buy they don't have Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward.[/QUOTE]

This, combined with the lack of selling Ragnarok Odyssey in-store makes me think I should just wait for Amazon. Surely they'll have their B2G1 sale soon?

[quote name='SynGamer']This, combined with the lack of selling Ragnarok Odyssey in-store makes me think I should just wait for Amazon. Surely they'll have their B2G1 sale soon?[/QUOTE]

TRU broke tradition. Who is to say amazon won't either. However if they do have their b2g1 sale it'll be more in the thick of the holidays.

Does NFS:MW come out today? Target has it part of the sale, and it acts like it is out, but Wikipedia says it comes out on Tues. Anyone know if it came out yet and will it be in stores?

Also, Fifa 13 says it comes with a $10 GC...can it be combined? NVM, says that it expires 10/27.

bread's done
Back