Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (10/28/12 to 11/3/12) Buy 2, Get 1 Free at Target

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][img-r=1]441[/img-r]
iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy discounts the Nintendo 3DS by $10. The 100% bonus on trade-ins continues.

icongs_r1.gif
GameStop offers the Street Fighter x Tekken PS3/Vita bundle for $49.99.

kmart.gif
Kmart advertises Assassins Creed 3 for $49.99 + $10 gaming coupon. WWE 13 and NFS: Most Wanted $59.99 both come with a $15 gaming coupon. SYWR members get a $5 reward card when they spend $50.

icontarget.gif
Target is holding a buy 2, get 1 free sale on all games. The Wii Sports bundle drops to $119 and the Nintendo 3DS is $145.

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us has no ad this week.[/preview]

The Rest of the Deals...
All MRSP prices have been removed.

Best Buy (Ad)
Thanks, coopscohen - See post here

iconbestbuy.gif
100% Bonus Trade-In Credit on ANY Game
:3ds: Nintendo 3DS $159.99 after $10 savings

GameStop (Ad)

Valid until 10/30

:360::ps3: Resident Evil: ORC $19.99
:360::ps3: Mass Effect 3 $19.99
:ps3::psp: Street Fighter x Tekken PS3/Vita bundle $49.99
:360: Witcher 2 $29.99
:360::ps3: Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition $19.99
:360::ps3: SSX $19.99
:360::ps3: Lollipop Chainsaw $19.99
:360::ps3: Batman AA GOTY $14.99
:360::ps3: Batman Arkham City GOTY $29.99
:ds: Lego Batman 2 $14.99
:360::ps3: 30% TIV Credit towards Assassins Creed 3

Kmart (Ad)
Thanks, htz- See post here

iconxbox360.gif
iconps3.gif
Assassins Creed 3 $49.99 with $10 gaming coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
Man right now I'm thinking Ragnarok Odyssey, Killzone trilogy, and Metal Gear HD collection or maybe zone of enders hd, now hopefully one of my targets has all of them in stock.

[quote name='bojay1997']Nope. Each game will show up as $40 on your receipt assuming you get three $60 games, so the price will already appear to the employee to be $8 less than the TRU price and the request will be denied.[/QUOTE]

Can i just buy three games and wait til black ops comes out and exchange them for black ops?

[quote name='3kingdoms']Can i just buy three games and wait til black ops comes out and exchange them for black ops?[/QUOTE]

Nope. Each game is valued at 1/3 of the total purchase price on the receipt and to Target's POS system, that's what you paid for each one. As such, they aren't going to let you trade a game worth less than $60 on the receipt for one that is $60.

[quote name='bojay1997']Nope. Each game is valued at 1/3 of the total purchase price on the receipt and to Target's POS system, that's what you paid for each one. As such, they aren't going to let you trade a game worth less than $60 on the receipt for one that is $60.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the knowledge.. It's better to do this at best buy then right?

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, but: Why on Earth would you buy AC3 in the first six weeks, even for $40, unless you really really really wanted to get the story done before anyone else? I've bought three AC games in the last four years on sale in the weeks after they've come out, only to have them dip to $30 or $25 or something similarly insane at or after Christmas.

AC games are the CAG test. I'll be waiting this year, and I bet I won't have to wait all that long.

[quote name='juzzak1dd']Is this also $59.99 and under like BB or any 2 games?[/QUOTE]

I believe it works on any game so it should work on pricier games like CE's/LE's, only note is that it you cant have multiple copies of the same game on the same console (for example, cant do 1 copy of WWE 13 and 2 copies of Assassin's Creed 3 on 360).

[quote name='Rockabye']Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, but: Why on Earth would you buy AC3 in the first six weeks, even for $40, unless you really really really wanted to get the story done before anyone else? I've bought three AC games in the last four years on sale in the weeks after they've come out, only to have them dip to $30 or $25 or something similarly insane at or after Christmas.

AC games are the CAG test. I'll be waiting this year, and I bet I won't have to wait all that long.[/QUOTE]

i'm with you there man. i think the most i paid for an ac game was $40 something for the first one. after that, i got the rest for less than $30 each time. t

he last one was really boring though. it looks like they've made some nice adjustments to ac3, so hopefully i'll pick that up before the end of the year.

[quote name='Rockabye']Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, but: Why on Earth would you buy AC3 in the first six weeks, even for $40, unless you really really really wanted to get the story done before anyone else? I've bought three AC games in the last four years on sale in the weeks after they've come out, only to have them dip to $30 or $25 or something similarly insane at or after Christmas.

AC games are the CAG test. I'll be waiting this year, and I bet I won't have to wait all that long.[/QUOTE]

That may be true, but with BB offering $20 cert. and after a few weeks people maybe able to trade it back in for $40. On top of that, price match lower price from toys r us ad $47.99.

Honestly you can say this about any game, wait and it'll be on sale. But if your playing it on day 1 and something you been waiting for, $20 isn't something you should cry about. Games are like movies pay $15 on opening week, wait for a good pirate copy for free, or wait a couple of months for redbox.

[quote name='finstersucks']Honestly you can say this about any game, wait and it'll be on sale. But if your playing it on day 1 and something you been waiting for, $20 isn't something you should cry about. Games are like movies pay $15 on opening week, wait for a good pirate copy for free, or wait a couple of months for redbox.[/QUOTE]

With something as popular as Assassin's Creed (and a fully fledged sequel instead of a retread), chances are it'll be spoilers galore on forums and social networking sites (often without warning). At least, that's generally how things have been in recent years for me.

Plus, I'm getting Liberation so the combo will be ideal to have at the same time. That is...unless the weather is going to be as insanely bad as many predictions indicate for the mid-Atlantic next week.

Well my plan is to pay $60 up fron at best buy. Get the $20 rewards certificate along with all of the pre order goodies. Wait till the christmas sale and pm like you said. Get the game for a net of $10-$20 like you said.

Went to target to see what they stock. I have me eyes on Harvest Moon 3DS, Layton 3DS, and NSMB2. Wished they had Code of Princess.

Anyone know If I'd be able to PM the ACIII bundle down the road say they add a 50gc to it within 60day period. Would I be able to rebuy & return ? Or is it like consoles where each one has a specific serial # scanned. I have a feeling BF there is gonna be some deals with the vita from BBY since itll be tough getting a PM from competitor BF deals.

Is this sale seriously starting on a Monday(10/29) instead of on the usual Sunday(10/28)? I just find this odd.

I plan on getting Borderlands 2,WWE '13,and RE6. I had to skip the BBY sale this week after seeing that Target would have one on the week of WWE '13's release.

Well I'll be getting the ACIII 500gb PS3 bundle. If not for that, Id consider waiting for BF

[quote name='daruler022']Is this sale seriously starting on a Monday(10/29) instead of on the usual Sunday(10/28)? I just find this odd.

[/QUOTE]

I was just about to ask this.
I suspect the OP just mistyped the date. It doesn't make sense for it to start on Monday. I asked about it last night at Target, but they didn't know anything.

The only reason I'm not waiting is the $20 credit from Best Buy plus the $12 back from the TRU price match makes it $28 for a day 1 copy of AC III.
No need to wait for BF.

Honestly, unless you truly want 3 brand new games at full price around this time, I feel like you'd be better served just doing the pre-order at newegg for $47.99 no tax free ship or another site doing something similar. Then just wait for black friday for games that have been out for a while, bc they're guaranteed to be below $30. That'd actually put you less than the $120 for 3.

That's how I feel about every game coming out this holiday like Most Wanted, Halo, and Forza; I want all of them so bad, but I know they will all go down in price pretty fast. Only games I can count on not getting any sales are most Nintendo games.

[quote name='PokemonRexRay']Check out the game section there should cards in red attached to them

i love this thread people are actually giving themselves a headache for a lowzy free game when they are spending $120 in games.

you cant beat the system. Except just deals being posted. LOL[/QUOTE]

newbie posting bogus info. why am I not surprised??

[quote name='3kingdoms']thanks for the knowledge.. It's better to do this at best buy then right?[/QUOTE]

Nope. Unless Best Buy changed their policy after February 2012, if you want to exchange a game, they do a return and then a rebuy. If the deal was over when you return the items, then you lose the deal as well. It was a hassle for me with the B2G1 on Best Buy when the Vita launched. I made like 3 orders to get the right games.

So read from start to end and no mention of pre orders and the deal so anyone think picking up a pre order and 2 non pre orders will work? and at the time of pick up price match kmarts ad for AC3 rather than later down the line?

Weird way to word I know but I hope :[

i doubt they will (like best buy since its double dipping) so if not no big deal.

[quote name='ZeTeny']Nope. Unless Best Buy changed their policy after February 2012, if you want to exchange a game, they do a return and then a rebuy. If the deal was over when you return the items, then you lose the deal as well. It was a hassle for me with the B2G1 on Best Buy when the Vita launched. I made like 3 orders to get the right games.[/QUOTE]
Unless you have gift receipts. :bouncy:

Went to one of my local Targets and saw that they had two copies of the Yakuza: Dead Souls/Binary Domain bundles. Hopefully, they will restock by the time this sale starts.

[quote name='cubeenigma']So read from start to end and no mention of pre orders and the deal so anyone think picking up a pre order and 2 non pre orders will work? and at the time of pick up price match kmarts ad for AC3 rather than later down the line?

i doubt they will (like best buy since its double dipping) so if not no big deal.[/QUOTE]

Target doesn't do preorders in a way that would allow them to apply it to this deal. Basically, you buy a card for $1.00 and if you pick up the game, they give you a $5 gift card. You aren't really paying anything towards the game at the time of preorder. You also can't do exchanges down the road for the reasons I already explained. I appreciate that people are always looking for the best deal, but Target keeps it simple and it's really not the place for you if you are trying to PM and exchange later on. Just buy three games you want or wait until the BF sales.

This isn't just AC games. This is almost ALL Ubisoft games. They have along track record of going on sale almost immediately after launch. It may only be $20 at first but soon, it will be down to $20.

[quote name='bojay1997']Target doesn't do preorders in a way that would allow them to apply it to this deal. Basically, you buy a card for $1.00 and if you pick up the game, they give you a $5 gift card. You aren't really paying anything towards the game at the time of preorder. You also can't do exchanges down the road for the reasons I already explained. I appreciate that people are always looking for the best deal, but Target keeps it simple and it's really not the place for you if you are trying to PM and exchange later on. Just buy three games you want or wait until the BF sales.[/QUOTE]

I never said anything about exchanging later on but ok...

I guess I'll have to go in on Tuesday and try with a kmart ad than

hmmm... seeing how this is a B2G1 Free thread i'm sure the last 200+ posts are filled with lots of garbage.

I just have two questions:

Will this be all games or just selected games? And will it be online?

I'd like to buy smaller titles that I doubt my Target will carry in store (i.e. Zone of the Enders HD Collection, Raganork Odyssey, etc.). I see them on target.com but I'm not sure it'll be online too.

Probably going to get Forza, AC3, and NFS. Then sell AC3 and NFS on Craigslist for $50 each. Maybe a stupid idea but it might be worth it. A $20 Forza Horizon would be nice.

There's a coupon for 10k points on the kmart shopyourway rewards site if you spend over $45, through nov 3rd. So ac3 would be 49.99 with a $10 coupon, and $10 worth of points for your next purchase. In theory you could also get a $5 gift card if you buy something else cheap to bring your total over $50 before taxes are applied.

For this B2G1 i was thinking of getting Dishonored, ACIII and Sleeping dog. Now my question is do you think sleeping dog is worth the full retail and the same with dishonored? the only reason I am getting ACIII now is because my nephew birthday is next week. Or should i say screw it and just get him ACIII from PSN so we can gameshare the DLC and game?

[quote name='AzGoat']For this B2G1 i was thinking of getting Dishonored, ACIII and Sleeping dog. Now my question is do you think sleeping dog is worth the full retail and the same with dishonored? the only reason I am getting ACIII now is because my nephew birthday is next week. Or should i say screw it and just get him ACIII from PSN so we can gameshare the DLC and game?[/QUOTE]

I would think sleeping dogs would be 30 by Black Friday. Dishonored probably not. Remember Skyrim took forever to go on sale last year.

[quote name='LawLessChaoz']Does this sale start 10/29(Monday) or 10/28(Sunday)?[/QUOTE]

Thank you, was literally coming here to ask the same thing. Going to BB tomorrow to see what I can make out with there and then Sunday will be Target...decisions decisions

[quote name='AzGoat']For this B2G1 i was thinking of getting Dishonored, ACIII and Sleeping dog. Now my question is do you think sleeping dog is worth the full retail and the same with dishonored? the only reason I am getting ACIII now is because my nephew birthday is next week. Or should i say screw it and just get him ACIII from PSN so we can gameshare the DLC and game?[/QUOTE]

I don't think Sleeping Dogs is worth $60. I'd say its a $30-$35 buy. I mean because of the deal you get it around 40 so its close. I really enjoyed it though. No online and not much replay value. I haven't checked out about the DLC releases though. I got it with at the 2 for 60 deal at Toys R Us a while ago so I have to think it will drop in price pretty quick.

[quote name='kelo360']I would think sleeping dogs would be 30 by Black Friday. Dishonored probably not. Remember Skyrim took forever to go on sale last year.[/QUOTE]

Meh.

Skyrim was a bigger title.

I see Dishonored being $35-$40 come Black Friday.

[quote name='cubeenigma']So read from start to end and no mention of pre orders and the deal so anyone think picking up a pre order and 2 non pre orders will work? and at the time of pick up price match kmarts ad for AC3 rather than later down the line?

i doubt they will (like best buy since its double dipping) so if not no big deal.[/QUOTE]

What kmart ad? what sale/promo is it?

Yeah i think I will be skipping this and just get the ACIII for vita and PS3 and DLC on psn for 120 and do a gameshare with my nephew.

[quote name='Ag_SurfR']i wonder if pc games will be applicable.[/QUOTE]
I'm praying that they are. That will convince me to get NFS:MW on PC like I want.

I was excited to get AC3 and The Last Story and probably pick up NHL or Forza as a third title. However, online it says The Last Story is not carried in store. That pretty much kills the deal for me. Can't think of any three titles I want now. I'll probably just way to Black Friday and see what type of deal I can get for the game. I'd imagine 30 or 35 somewhere.

Can I pick up 2 copies of the same game? Me and my friend both want NFS and if we do this and split the cost then sell the third game we'd save a couple bucks.

ACIII is $2 less at TRU, but it should be an easier PM and on release day with an ad and I assume I'll be able to PM it even further later in BBY's 60 day window.

[quote name='fearMr.Met']this derails the TRU option or doorbuster sale when it comes to AC3...

I have several Kmarts not too far away..

WWE 12 for $60 & you receive a $15 coupon & $5 rewards card

Assassins Creed 3 for $50 - the $15 coupon - $5 in rewards = $30

plus with AC3 you get an additional $10 coupon

so $90 total..... not too bad for 2 games with alot of hype at launch[/QUOTE]

Assassins Creed 3 $15 coupon?

Assuming this doesn't work online...I think I'm just going to wait for Amazon's B2G1 sale. It's clear Target has no interest in selling the Vita or its games. I'd rather give my money to a company that has no bias.

bread's done
Back