Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (10/28/12 to 11/3/12) Buy 2, Get 1 Free at Target

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][img-r=1]441[/img-r]
iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy discounts the Nintendo 3DS by $10. The 100% bonus on trade-ins continues.

icongs_r1.gif
GameStop offers the Street Fighter x Tekken PS3/Vita bundle for $49.99.

kmart.gif
Kmart advertises Assassins Creed 3 for $49.99 + $10 gaming coupon. WWE 13 and NFS: Most Wanted $59.99 both come with a $15 gaming coupon. SYWR members get a $5 reward card when they spend $50.

icontarget.gif
Target is holding a buy 2, get 1 free sale on all games. The Wii Sports bundle drops to $119 and the Nintendo 3DS is $145.

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us has no ad this week.[/preview]

The Rest of the Deals...
All MRSP prices have been removed.

Best Buy (Ad)
Thanks, coopscohen - See post here

iconbestbuy.gif
100% Bonus Trade-In Credit on ANY Game
:3ds: Nintendo 3DS $159.99 after $10 savings

GameStop (Ad)

Valid until 10/30

:360::ps3: Resident Evil: ORC $19.99
:360::ps3: Mass Effect 3 $19.99
:ps3::psp: Street Fighter x Tekken PS3/Vita bundle $49.99
:360: Witcher 2 $29.99
:360::ps3: Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition $19.99
:360::ps3: SSX $19.99
:360::ps3: Lollipop Chainsaw $19.99
:360::ps3: Batman AA GOTY $14.99
:360::ps3: Batman Arkham City GOTY $29.99
:ds: Lego Batman 2 $14.99
:360::ps3: 30% TIV Credit towards Assassins Creed 3

Kmart (Ad)
Thanks, htz- See post here

iconxbox360.gif
iconps3.gif
Assassins Creed 3 $49.99 with $10 gaming coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Either go to Best Buy this week or go to Target next week.[/QUOTE]

Or go to both and get 6 more games that you don't really need like me! :D

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']I was talking about Best Buy, but Amazon might match it, although with a weak selection.[/QUOTE]

Oh ok, yea most best buys wont match it, some people have had sucess but I personally never got a successful b2g1 pm at best buy.

[quote name='MetalGearDraco']I work at Target (as part of Target Mobile). We get 10% off. And they never tell us about deals ahead of time. Sometimes they leave the next weeks ad laying around the front office. I didn't know about this deal until I saw this thread. Just check out the BlackFriday sites as new ads are released.[/QUOTE]

my friend at bestbuy told me he gets $8-$10 off per game depending on the game.. that's 13%-16% a new game

i guess better than target

[quote name='xxjonoxx']Count me in the crowd interested to know if this works with PC games. Trying to find the best deal to get NFS Most Wanted for PC with RE6 PS3.[/QUOTE]

If it is like their previous B2g1 Sales then yes PC games will be included. This is when I stock up on my time cards for certain PC games

[quote name='jrr6415sun']my bestbuy will match 2 for $70 deal

but they won't match b2g1 and they won't match gift card deals[/QUOTE]

I didn't try the 2 for $70 deal but my BBY has never had an issue pm b2g1 or gift card offers. Including the Kmart Gamer certificates. Sometimes they will subtract the price and then charge me for the gift card and other times they will just subtract it from the total cost of the game with no gift card.

Its totally YMMV but I'm sure it helps that I'm in there all the time and I am always friendly and polite and know most employees first names

[quote name='mike568']Can you price match the same item multiple times within the Return/Exchange period at Best Buy?[/QUOTE]

Yes, you can PM as many times as you want during that period.

[quote name='The Punisher']Sorry for the dumb question, but does target price match Gamestop?[/QUOTE]

Retail prices? Well sure they do!

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']How do you make sure they do it right?[/QUOTE]

Will be monitoring this as well. Getting AC3 for In Store Pickup and I want to make sure that I can PM it that day without the cashier messing up my RZ Cert.

This is so messed up. instead of freaking out on this,

just go to toys r us now. they have a buy one game get one 40% deal going on now. usually you have to do 59.99 2 games it cant be 49.99 and 59.99 this is really tricky.

[quote name='Zimmy']Retail prices? Well sure they do![/QUOTE]

I mean like if the game is at gamestop for $19.99. Would target price match and be able to get the B2G1?

I'll probably end up doing this for ACIII, WWE13 and RE6 or Borderlands 2. I'll trade in my copy while it still fetches $4X.XX and replace it for the same amount with this deal. I figure ACIII and WWE 13 for $40 each is a good enough deal for me right now. Best Buy's $20 RZ Cert deal + PMing is probably better in the long run though.

Eh, I'm still holding out hope that everything coming out prior to November 1 will be less than $35 come Black Friday. It happened last year.

Also remember to buy things after November 1st, as that is when the new price match system at Target begins. That will give you price protection through Christmas, including Black Friday sales. Last year Forza 4 dropped to $27 on Black Friday, so taking advantage that protection could be a good idea, especially if you want Forza Horizons, as I do.

Hmmm...
I know ass creed 3 will drop in price quick. I also want WWE 13 and borderlands 2.....thinking borderlands 2 may be cheap on black Friday though. Gah

[quote name='jrr6415sun']my friend at bestbuy told me he gets $8-$10 off per game depending on the game.. that's 13%-16% a new game

i guess better than target[/QUOTE]
The best part about the target discount is that it works on consoles. It also stacks with the target red card's 5% off.

I forgot why I like target b2g1 so much. It works great if I only want one game (in my case xcom pc special edition) . I can simply get 3 games and return the other two later. Xcom comes out to 33percent off.

Wait... This does work on pc games right?

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Hmmm...
I know ass creed 3 will drop in price quick. I also want WWE 13 and borderlands 2.....thinking borderlands 2 may be cheap on black Friday though. Gah[/QUOTE]

AC:Revelations' price dropped like a brick after a month. It may have been franchise fatigue, but it was $30 in 30-45 days.

To make sure you get the $20 certificate..Buy it at full price with your rewards card then after that go to customer service for the price match. Boom $10 dollars back and $20 certificate in a month. Cant always hit two birds with one stone. Thanks OP

[quote name='ChuckInKC']AC:Revelations' price dropped like a brick after a month. It may have been franchise fatigue, but it was $30 in 30-45 days.[/QUOTE]

Actually, it was $30 the first day it came out - If you bought it at Walmart with their armor. I remember because I saw the thread here and rushed over to buy one. :lol:

Wonder if it might glitch up again with all the bonuses? ;)

Wal-Mart generally price matches these kind of deals don't they? Going by their corporate policy it seems so. And if the games I want are shown in the ad (ACIII, NFS:MW and WWE '13) I should be good to go there at midnight (open 24 hours usually stocking at midnight) and pick them up. Looks like I might be cancelling my Amazon and Newegg pre-orders.

I won't be too broken up about losing out on a weapon, MP character and plastic case/steel book for ACIII if it means saving about $28 after factoring in gas and sales tax compared to my total online order prices. Only downfall might be potentially screwing myself if they end up not having what I want which with my luck might be how it'd go.

Hopefully Amazon does something to counter act this though it might be done after the window to cancel pre-orders closes. >_< The $40 thing would be awesome but I might even keep them with a $10 credit as $8 wouldn't be worth it for me to drive 50 miles at midnight.

[quote name='ChuckInKC']AC:Revelations' price dropped like a brick after a month. It may have been franchise fatigue, but it was $30 in 30-45 days.[/QUOTE]

it was $29.99 at bestbuy for black friday week, but it went back up to around $50 for awhile after that.

[quote name='PHOENIXZERO']Wal-Mart generally price matches these kind of deals don't they? Going by their corporate policy it seems so.[/QUOTE]
http://corporate.walmart.com/ad-match-guarantee

"We do not match the price in the following types of competitor ads:

• Items with no actual price that require a purchase to get free product
    • example: "Buy both [items A & B] to get [item C] for free"
It all depends on if they have the price listed. If I remember correctly, in years past they just had game covers on the front page of the ad with a B2G1F announcement.

I saw that and if they refuse to PM based on that when the price is completely obvious (we know they're $59.99) or at most, off by a few pennies from WM's I think I could make push them into it. We'll see when the scans show up... Also they have listed prices before with these deals so it might not even be an issue. For reference, when they did this deal almost exactly a year ago.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/10/27/targets-buy-2-get-1-sale-kicking-off-next-week/

I bought WWE 13 and NFS Most Wanted and paid them off. My plan is...pick up the two games at GS (so I can get them at midnight instead of when Target opens and wouldn't have to go to GS and get a refund prior to the 29th), open them, play them, keep them. Then go to Target on Wed. or Thurs. and get WWE 13, NFS Most Wanted and a third game. Then I will return the unopened copies of WWE and NFS to GS and get the money back and this will net me the two opened copies of these games PLUS the free game from Target, thus giving me the deal that Target has going on.

Here's my concern: 1) Will they know the copies came from Target and not GS? 2) If I use the DLC on the receipt that I get from GS, will they know and deny my return? (In that same regard, could I write down the codes, return the games and use the codes when I get home or does the return void the codes?) 3) Will GS give me crap about returning them or do you think it would be as easy as "I don't want these" "Ok" and I won't need some elaborate excuse as to why I'm returning them?

[quote name='abhinav']Want to use this on AC vita and Need for Speed vita but I leave the country on the 29th for a bit and they release on the 30th... Worst luck ever.[/QUOTE]Then don't leave the country then. :p That solves the problem.

Anyway, I am debating about canceling my NFS preoder on Amazon for the PS3 version (even if I got a lower price guaranteed), then getting maybe Forza Horizon, NFS Most Wanted PS3/Vita, etc.

Any word yet on whether Amazon will match this offer? They currently have a $10 promo for LEGO LotR, plus I have a $10 off code there so I could get 3 new Vita games for $70 if Amazon matches this deal.

I really hope I can get some price match benefits at Target when some of these titles go on sale. My issue is that I live in a small town that only has Target, Walmart, and GS so I dont think they'd PM TRU or BB

[quote name='Big D.']Here's my concern: 1) Will they know the copies came from Target and not GS? 2) If I use the DLC on the receipt that I get from GS, will they know and deny my return? (In that same regard, could I write down the codes, return the games and use the codes when I get home or does the return void the codes?) 3) Will GS give me crap about returning them or do you think it would be as easy as "I don't want these" "Ok" and I won't need some elaborate excuse as to why I'm returning them?[/QUOTE]

1) No, as long as the UPCs are the same.
2a) No, I've done this numerous times in the past myself (Some CAGs frown upon it and say it's "stealing").
2b) Definitely redeem the codes as soon as you pick them up from Gamestop. I don't know if they get voided when you return the games, but I wouldn't take a chance.
3) I always use the line, "I found them cheaper elsewhere." If they ask you where, tell them "Target is having a Buy 2, Get 1 free sale right now. I wish you guys could match it."
If by some reason they do, just return your sealed copies back to Target, but the chances of that happening are non existent.

I saw an in-store display that stated the 100% trade-in bonus goes through November 17 so no need to worry about that dropping for a little while.

[quote name='Decker']Also remember to buy things after November 1st, as that is when the new price match system at Target begins. That will give you price protection through Christmas, including Black Friday sales. Last year Forza 4 dropped to $27 on Black Friday, so taking advantage that protection could be a good idea, especially if you want Forza Horizons, as I do.[/QUOTE]

This is probably a dumb question but if you buy an item at Target or Best Buy Nov 1st or after will they price match it with their own Black Friday or holiday prices? I assume there is some sort of loop hole where they don't have to although if I remember correctly last year Walmart said they would match any of their own prices including Black Friday.

What sucks about this is that I don't get K-Marts ads in the local paper and closest store is way out of the way. My Best Buy doesn't honor ads printed off a computer. Ugh.

Same goes for Toys R Us now that I think about it.

[quote name='Killerlampshade']What sucks about this is that I don't get K-Marts ads in the local paper and closest store is way out of the way. My Best Buy doesn't honor ads printed off a computer. Ugh.

Same goes for Toys R Us now that I think about it.[/QUOTE]

Then what you do is go to BB. Tell them to pull the competitor's website on THEIR computer. Type in the zip code. IF they say no I'd definitely talk to management. It's the same damn thing.

[quote name='Bosamba']1) No, as long as the UPCs are the same.
2a) No, I've done this numerous times in the past myself (Some CAGs frown upon it and say it's "stealing").
2b) Definitely redeem the codes as soon as you pick them up from Gamestop. I don't know if they get voided when you return the games, but I wouldn't take a chance.
3) I always use the line, "I found them cheaper elsewhere." If they ask you where, tell them "Target is having a Buy 2, Get 1 free sale right now. I wish you guys could match it."
If by some reason they do, just return your sealed copies back to Target, but the chances of that happening are non existent.[/QUOTE]

Don't some(I don't know if all do) Gamestops still open up the cases for new games? I feel like my local one takes all their games out of the case and puts them back in when you buy them ex: the Deus Ex HR fiasco from last year. It may not be the case everywhere, but if you take them a game with plastic on it, they'll know it's not theirs.

[quote name='BWeed560']To make sure you get the $20 certificate..Buy it at full price with your rewards card then after that go to customer service for the price match. Boom $10 dollars back and $20 certificate in a month. Cant always hit two birds with one stone. Thanks OP[/QUOTE]

You don't actually have to do it this way. I price matched Resident Evil 6 and Dishonored the day I picked them up and got my $20 certificates already with no problems.

For those of you price matching at Best Buy, you could even shoot for getting the price down to $40 using this ad (if they factor in the gaming coupon). They technically aren't supposed to, but I was able to do PM Kmarts gaming coupon offer with Borderlands 2, Resident Evil 6, and Dishonored. Doesn't hurt to ask!

[quote name='ChuckInKC']Don't some(I don't know if all do) Gamestops still open up the cases for new games? I feel like my local one takes all their games out of the case and puts them back in when you buy them ex: the Deus Ex HR fiasco from last year. It may not be the case everywhere, but if you take them a game with plastic on it, they'll know it's not theirs.[/QUOTE]

No.
1) He would know how he got them when he bought them originally from Gamestop
2a) If they are sealed, return them sealed
2b) If they are opened, return them opened.

Pretty simple

[quote name='ChuckInKC']Don't some(I don't know if all do) Gamestops still open up the cases for new games? I feel like my local one takes all their games out of the case and puts them back in when you buy them ex: the Deus Ex HR fiasco from last year. It may not be the case everywhere, but if you take them a game with plastic on it, they'll know it's not theirs.[/QUOTE]
Outside of the Deus Ex thing, the only time they "gut" a copy is when they need a case for display purposes on the shelf, those are only sold when it becomes the last "new" copy on hand. Which is kinda underhanded given those copies are usually borrowed/checked out by employees. If you reserved or are buying early you should never run into an instance of getting one without the plastic.

[quote name='wookiewok4']Will this deal include Skylanders Giants?[/QUOTE]

Giants is pictures on the front of the ad, so I believe it's safe to assume it will.

[quote name='Dund3r']I saw an in-store display that stated the 100% trade-in bonus goes through November 17 so no need to worry about that dropping for a little while.[/QUOTE]

Very nice...guess just have to worry about the TIV dropping otherwise that's good to know!

bread's done
Back