Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (10/6 - 10/12)

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy knocks off $50 when purchasing both the Pulse Wireless Stereo Headset-Elite Edition & Beyond Two Souls.

18_t.gif
GameStop discounts Rayman Legends, MLB 2k3, and Splinter Cell: Blacklist by $20.

kmart.gif
Kmart lists The Last of Us and NCAA 14 at $39.99 each.

icontarget.gif
Target includes a $10 gift card with the purchase of Just Dance 2014 and a 8.75-9.75 oz bag of Cheetos.

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us promotes Disney Infinity Starter Packs for $59.99 seach, a buy 1, get 1 40% off sale on all 3DS and Wii U games. Save $10 on 1, or $40 on two of these titles: Madden NFL 25, FIFA 14, NHL 14, NCAA Football 14.

The rest of the deals...
All MRSP prices have been removed.

Best Buy (Ad)
Thanks, chatgirl4 - See original post

:ps3: Save $50 when Purchasing both Pulse Wireless Stereo Headset-Elite Edition & Beyond Two Souls

:ps3: Save $10 off 12 Month PS+ subscription with purchase of Bundle*

:ps3: Dualshock 3 wireless controllers $44.99 each, choose from Black, Red or Urban Camo

:360: :ps3: Madden 25 $49.99

:360: :ps3: Saint's Row IV $44.99

:ps3: Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix $34.99

:360: :ps3: Dead Pool $29.99

iconbestbuy.gif
Trade in 3 or more select titles, receive $10 bonus credit, over 1,000 titles*

GameStop (Ad)
Ends 10/8
18_t.gif
$20 off Rayman Legends, MLB 2k3, Splinter Cell: Blacklist
:360: XBox 360 E 250 GB system $250
:wii: :ds: Used Wii or DS Lite $49.99 each

Kmart (Ad)
Thanks, MasterX - See original post

:ds: Nintendo 2DS $129.99 (Out 10/12)
:ps3: Last of Us $39.99
:360: :ps3: NCAA 14 $39.99
:ps3: Ps3 12gig $199.99
:ps3: PS3 Controller $44.99
Turtle Beach PLa set $29.99

Target (Ad)
Thanks, chatgirl4 - See original post
:360: :ps3: :wiiu: $10 Target Gift Card with purchase of Just Dance 2014 $39.99/$49.99 + bag of Cheetos 8.75-9.75 oz

:360: :ps3: :pc: Far Cry 3  $19.99

Credit to BainBridge's_Stache @ BR.com

Toys R Us (Ad)
Thanks, FrontBurnrhttp://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/member.php?u=359308 & hiamiyumi - See post here

icontoysrus_r1.gif
DISNEY INFINITY Starter Pack $59.99 (Save $15)

:3ds:wiiu: Buy 1 Get 1 40%OFF Any 3DS or Wii U game

:360:ps3: SAVE $10 on ONE,SAVE $40 on TWO ($59.99 each):

• MADDEN NFL 25
  • FIFA 14
  • NHL 14
  • NCAA FOOTBALL 14

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a chance--prim4444 (who's working with Josh/FrontBurnr) already revealed the following week's deal: B1G1 40% off on all games plus some Skylanders deal, so there's no positive side to waiting another day.
Ok thanks. I wish CircuitCity was still around, they always had the games much cheaper than retail on day one.

Alas, the only deal for Last For Us for someplace that already shuttered its door in my area since last year. Well, should I drive to the next available location 30 miles from here or should I wait for the potential B2G1 deal probably coming in late October?

If you have a SYWR account they have a coupon giving $10 back (in points) if you spend $50. 

Ends Oct.8. 

Dead Pool :360: :ps3: $29.99

*Trade in 3 or more select titles, receive $10 bonus credit, over 1,000 titles*

Credit to BainBridge's_Stache from BR.com
I have a question about this, does the games have to have a certain amount of value to get the extra 10$ cause if not i am trying to get deadpool for 360

Alas, the only deal for Last For Us for someplace that already shuttered its door in my area since last year. Well, should I drive to the next available location 30 miles from here or should I wait for the potential B2G1 deal probably coming in late October?

Dude order it online. Whatever shipping you would pay would be the same as gas and your time for a 60 mile round trip.

Does Toys r us price match for these deals? Amazon has Pikmin and W101 for 49 and I was wondering if Toys r us will price match with those prices and still hold up the deal.

I know it was $40 once before and I passed on it then, but I don't know if I can pass a 2nd time.  With BF weeks away, though, it seems like a prime candidate for a $30 price or lower.

For all of those inquiring, the trade 3 for $10 bonus applies only to games with a base trade-in value of $5 or more. We've had someone with an advance ad confirm that already in a different thread. Just FYI...

Does Toys r us price match for these deals? Amazon has Pikmin and W101 for 49 and I was wondering if Toys r us will price match with those prices and still hold up the deal.
You might want to read at least a few of the posts on this thread. It's already been asked multiple times and the answer is no.

So I just noticed that you can use this deal on future games as well! I just purchased The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds for $39.99 and got Pokemon X for 23.99 (40% off).

I was planning on picking up Zelda anyhow so this is a nice bonus!

Question, if I buy 4 games(Wonderful 101, scribblenauts DC Comics, Zelda Wind Maker, and Mario Dream team..would I be saving 40 percent on two games since I am buying them all together or would I have to buy them separately to see the savings?
when they had the bogo40 a few months ago, the clerk rang up my purchases separately. o.o and ahahah.. wind maker.. makes me think of flatulence.

Does anyone know how pre-orders are shipped from Toysrus.com? My order said "Buy now for shipping by 10/12/13" but then it also says it would be shipped with "standard" shipping which is 3-8 business days.

Wish I could just do this in store but I kinda doubt I can since my order includes a future game.

Edit: I even have shoprunner but I can't seem to use it for this order.

Is Amazon still doing the trade in deal for Beyond and a DS4? Seems like one could buy Last of Us for $40+tax and trade it on on Amazon for ~$33 to get the $20/30 saving. You'd lose $10 from but it would still be decent for the DS4

So I just noticed that you can use this deal on future games as well! I just purchased The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds for $39.99 and got Pokemon X for 23.99 (40% off).

I was planning on picking up Zelda anyhow so this is a nice bonus!
be careful with preorders during these special sales. I remember a lot of people here getting their preorders cancelled a few days after making the order and seeing the promo applied

Good luck with that trade 3. Taking away the gaming section counter was the-most-stupidesterest thing they could do. Have people trading in at CS while a line backs up. I'll be shocked if their system does the multiple 3/10, for each set, in 1 transaction. I'll wait for the stories before I try it.

Spot on. It is so painful to conduct a trade at BB now days. Not to mention the fact that there is always something wrong (no 10% bonus, promo not applied, etc.) It usually requires me to contact BB Unboxed forums to get the obligtory $5 Reward Zone certificate to resolve the screw-up.

I have zero interest in trading at BB because of it.

Does anyone know how pre-orders are shipped from Toysrus.com? My order said "Buy now for shipping by 10/12/13" but then it also says it would be shipped with "standard" shipping which is 3-8 business days.

Wish I could just do this in store but I kinda doubt I can since my order includes a future game.

Edit: I even have shoprunner but I can't seem to use it for this order.
In the past I usually receive their games between 1-1.5 weeks of the order being placed so the 3-8 business days is about right and that includes a couple of days for them to ship the order.

Just buy the game in store then return the one that comes in the mail.

Like my Mario 3D World I got for $48 but its gotta ship. So ill buy the game at like bestbuy for full price and play it, then when the cheaper one comes in the mail ill just return that copy.

If you purchase pokemon x or y you get 50% off black, white, black 2, white 2, or conquest

Does anyone know if this counts for any of those games preowned?

Also, could I do use promo then return x or y for $40 to get nintendo eShop money to buy x or y digitally?

If you purchase pokemon x or y you get 50% off black, white, black 2, white 2, or conquest

Does anyone know if this counts for any of those games preowned?

Also, could I do use promo then return x or y for $40 to get nintendo eShop money to buy x or y digitally?
The ad doesn't specify physical copies /and/ X and Y are available digitally from Best Buy so I would think that would work without taking the eShop money route. I think you'll have to use the large screen kiosk to buy digital copies.

I just noticed Mario Golf World Tour is only $29.99 digitally while the physical copy is still $39.99.

Like my Mario 3D World I got for $48 but its gotta ship. So ill buy the game at like bestbuy for full price and play it, then when the cheaper one comes in the mail ill just return that copy.
That works? I thought they scanned the games to make sure it's the same one bought in store.

For all of those inquiring, the trade 3 for $10 bonus applies only to games with a base trade-in value of $5 or more. We've had someone with an advance ad confirm that already in a different thread. Just FYI...
Well this sucks but thanks for the info. I think I'm going to wait until next weeks $25 bonus now unless someone can make a list of games that have a $5 base value.

Im not sure TBH. I actually prolly wont do it because it will require 2 trips to bestbuy.
I live pretty close to both TRU and Best Buy but I think I might just try to buy Fire Emblem, at the store on the 12th, along with Pokemon then, try to return Fire Emblem and trade it in for Zelda, next month.

I live pretty close to both TRU and Best Buy but I think I might just try to buy Fire Emblem, at the store on the 12th, along with Pokemon then, try to return Fire Emblem and trade it in for Zelda, next month.
Im almost positive it works. The only thing I recall that was individually labeled was the game boy advances.

box-back.jpg

No store has the time to individually worry about each game. Its one SKU.

In for X and Y. Gonna sell one version and use the money for eShop credit. One cartridge, one download. The idea is that since the eshop version's saves are tied to the SD card we can have multiple saves using multiple cards.

Good price on the Last of Us... But I just can't drop $40 on a game that's only heading to my backlog with PS4 around the corner. Will wait for $20

Where did you get 3D World for $48

Let us know if this works out. Might keep my X version sealed for that purpose.

EDIT: Wait, how does BB factor into this?

In for X and Y. Gonna sell one version and use the money for eShop credit. One cartridge, one download. The idea is that since the eshop version's saves are tied to the SD card we can have multiple saves using multiple cards.
Damn, wish you were in NYC/LI. Would just give you my $30 eShop credit plus the extra in cash for the physical version. I'm still weary about eShop purchases.

Good price on the Last of Us... But I just can't drop $40 on a game that's only heading to my backlog with PS4 around the corner. Will wait for $20
Or maybe $10. I'm surprised at how many AAA games get down to $10.

Does anyone know how toys r us handles multiple preorders in one order? If I were to order Pokemon and link to the past 2. Would they wait to ship Pokemon with zelda, or will both ship separately after each release?

Where did you get 3D World for $48

Let us know if this works out. Might keep my X version sealed for that purpose.

EDIT: Wait, how does BB factor into this?

Damn, wish you were in NYC/LI. Would just give you my $30 eShop credit plus the extra in cash for the physical version. I'm still weary about eShop purchases.
Toys R Us had 20% of a couple weeks ago. I got Mario 3D World for $48 and Legend of Zelda for $32

It was in response to soxxx's comment about how we might try to buy Pokemon and Legend of Zelda a Link between worlds online with TRU and buy a second copy, of Pokemon, at a local store while you wait for TRU to ship it, then return the Pokemon game shipped by TRU to BB. I'm guessing he used BB as an example because he lives close to BB but not TRU.

I ended up ordering Pokemon and LoZ online. I might try this method but I might just try to be patient and be satisfied with knowing that I saved $8 per on games I already planned on purchasing.

I would have tried the whole returning Fire emblem for Zelda thing but all the TRU stores nearby are out of stock. :(

Does anyone know how toys r us handles multiple preorders in one order? If I were to order Pokemon and link to the past 2. Would they wait to ship Pokemon with zelda, or will both ship separately after each release?
I ordered both of those online and this is what the email states:

The following pre-ordered item(s) will be shipped to the above address:

Description:

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds for Nintendo 3DS One Color

Quantity:

1 @ $23.99

Shipping Method:

Standard Shipping

New Product Release Date:

11/22/2013

Description:

Pokemon X for Nintendo 3DS One Color

Quantity:

1 @ $39.99

Shipping Method:

Standard Shipping

New Product Release Date:

10/12/2013

It seems whichever game you add first to your cart, that's the one that gets the 40% off.

Description: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds for Nintendo 3DS One Color Quantity: 1 @ $23.99 Shipping Method: Standard Shipping New Product Release Date: 11/22/2013
Description: Pokemon X for Nintendo 3DS One Color Quantity: 1 @ $39.99 Shipping Method: Standard Shipping New Product Release Date: 10/12/2013

It seems whichever game you add first to your cart, that's the one that gets the 40% off.
don't think so, seems to be the lowest priced item...

Description: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds for Nintendo 3DS One Color Quantity: 1 @ $23.99 Shipping Method: Standard Shipping New Product Release Date: 11/22/2013
Description: Pokemon X for Nintendo 3DS One Color Quantity: 1 @ $39.99 Shipping Method: Standard Shipping New Product Release Date: 10/12/2013

It goes by which one is the lower price..I bought Legend of Zelda Wind Maker and Mario Luigi Dream Machine..since Dream Machine costs less than Zelda that was the one that got the 40 percent off..I also bought Wonderful 101 and Scribblenauts DC Comics, since both are the same price DC Comics got the 40 percent off

Picked up Rayman legends and pikmen 3.
Toys r us actually haves a extra 15% off coupon that they let me use, that they show on there online site.
It saved me a extra $10 $15 bucks. You guys should try it if you decide to go for this buy 1 get 1 40% off.
You can actually get 55% off instead with the coupon.
My total came up to about $86 or $87 dollars.

Well this sucks but thanks for the info. I think I'm going to wait until next weeks $25 bonus now unless someone can make a list of games that have a $5 base value.
Do it yourself.

Check the BB trade in site and type "playstation" for all ps3 games

And "360" for all Xbox games

"*" to search for all games highest to lowest

bread's done
Back