Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (7/6 to 7/12)

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy promotes a buy 2,get 1 free on all Skylanders Swap Force characters. Get a $20 gift card with an Xbox One controller and/or Xbox One Stereo Headset.  Save $25 on the Xbox 360 Camouflage Wireless Controller, $20 on the Chrome Wireless Controllers, $40-$60 on select Turtle Beach headsets, and $60 on select Polk Headsets for Xbox One.

18_t.gif
GameStop discounts Killer is Dead to $14.99.

icontarget.gif
Target offers 30% off select titles with Destiny pre-orders. Get $30 off 1 year of  PS+ with a PS4 console purchase. Select PS4 accessories (Dualshock 4 shown) are 20% off.

The Rest of the Deals...
MRSP prices have been removed.

Best Buy (Ad)
Thanks, Twitter - See original post

iconbestbuy.gif
buy 2 get 1 free all skylanders swap force characters

:xb1: $20 off 12 months or 24 months of xbox live when you buy any Xbox console

:xb1: Titanfall for $19.99 when you buy an Xbox One console

:xb1: Free $20 Gift Card with an Xbox One controller. Plus free shipping.

:xb1: Free $20 Gift Card with Xbox One Stereo Headset  

:360: Save $25 on Special Edition Camouflage Wireless Controller    

:360: Save $20 Special Edition Chrome Wireless Controller

:360: Save $40 or $60 on Select Turtle Beach Headsets    

free shipping

:xb1: Save $60 on Select Polk Headsets for Xbox One

free shipping

:xb1: :ps4: ryse, dead rising 3, and battlefield 4 $39.99

:xb1: :ps4: tomb raider definitive edition $34.99

:xb1: save $90 when you buy: xbox one, any x1 game, 2 years gamers club unclocked membership, 2 year geek squad protection, & 24 month xbox live

:ps4: killzone shadow fall $19.99

:ps4: infamous 2nd son $39.99

:360: :ps3: battlefield 4 $24.99

:360: :ps3: batman arkham origins $19.99

:360: :ps3: assassins creed black flag $14.99

GameStop (Ad)
Ends 7/8

:xb1: Buy an Xbox One and save $10 on a controller and $20 on 1 or 2 years of Xbox Live.

:ps3: Used PS3 Bundle:  160GB+ PS3, 2 under $20 used games, extra controller $229.99

:360: :ps3: Killer is Dead $14.99

18_t.gif
$10 off select games you probably don't care about.

Kmart (Ad)
nada

Target (Ad)
Thanks, Twitter - See original post

:ps4: $30 off 1 year ps+ when you buy a ps4

:ps4: 20% off select ps4 accessories (shows dualshock 4)

:wiiu: Skylanders swap force starter pack $29.99 (shows Wii U version)

30% Off select titles when you preorder destiny (shows infamous SS, mlb 14, killzone shadow fail)

Toys R Us (Ad)
50% OFF ANY ONE Skylanders single figure when you buy Jade Fire Kraken figure

:wiiu: Wii U Skylanders Bundle $249.99
:360: :ps3: BUY 1 GET 1 50% OFF ALL PS3 & Xbox 360 video games priced $19.99 or less

Walmart (Ad)
nada

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone been able to order anything from bestbuy online in the last 24 hours?

I've been trying to order Last of Us remastered since last night and every time I hit 'place order' the page just refreshes....it doesn't complete the order.

Yeah, I've seen that, but I'm holding out for BB or something BB will price match since I have credit at BB from a few trade ins. I've got a big enough back log that I can hold out for it. :)

Thanks for the heads up though!
Nothing wrong with waiting, but if you wanted to get it from Amazon with BB credit, you could just buy kindle gift cards from BB. Just in case you didn't know.

Wow you gotta buy alot of extras to save $90 lol
If there`s a sale on the xbox controller that can be pm`d @ BB you could still get the $20 giftcard assuming the cashier isn`t up to speed.

Nothing wrong with waiting, but if you wanted to get it from Amazon with BB credit, you could just buy kindle gift cards from BB. Just in case you didn't know.
oh really? wtf and that works on anything on amazon.com?

Thanks but nothing for me this upcoming week. I'm kind of glad since I recently spent too much on a brand new Wii U plus games
coo2.png

haha same here, Ive been spending way to much money lateley and Im goping on vacation tomorrow anyways.. SO the last thing I need to do is get caught up buying more games lolol :)

Can you PM Xbox1 Controller from Amazon, and still get $20 promotion? If not does anyone think AMAZON would match this deal... or they don't match promotions likes these.

Can you PM Xbox1 Controller from Amazon, and still get $20 promotion? If not does anyone think AMAZON would match this deal... or they don't match promotions likes these.
You'll almost definitely be able to PM and still get the gift card. It's been a "problem" with Best Buy's point of sale system for years. Odds that it's been miraculously "fixed" for next week are slim.

ryse should be a 19.99$ bf deal along with most of the launch games. id wait more
If it`s only $20 on BF mine as well keep waiting, btwn b2g1, B1G1 50% off, purchase/trade/buybacks, glitches & credit offers most of the 2013 & many 2014 releases have already seen $20 or less already.

If it`s only $20 on BF mine as well keep waiting, btwn b2g1, B1G1 50% off, purchase/trade/buybacks, glitches & credit offers most of the 2013 & many 2014 releases have already seen $20 or less already.
launch titles like knack and killzone have been 20$ already so its most likely its gonna happen with these soon as well

launch titles like knack and killzone have been 20$ already so its most likely its gonna happen with these soon as well
Damn near ever title in the OP was in play via the $1 pre-order or TRU B1G1 50% off combined with BB TIV. Getting mybb pts on the purchase,trade in & pm plus the game below $20 or for profit.

haha same here, Ive been spending way to much money lateley and Im goping on vacation tomorrow anyways.. SO the last thing I need to do is get caught up buying more games lolol :)
Lol the benefit of buying with credit completely guilt free knowing in the end retailers are paying you to game allowing you to devote real money elsewhere. Doesn`t help your backlog though

I'm not even here for the deals anymore. I'm here for Twitter's ongoing narrative of narrow escapes from Best Buy and Target (and their employees)

Does anyone have any experience with the Xbox One AND Dualshock 4 controllers (and 360 controller)?

Reason is I'm mainly a PC gamer. I do have a Dualshock 4 and 360 wired pad. I'm mainly concerned about the XB1 dpad for platforming and fighting games. Is it decent for those purposes or should I stick with the DS4?

I've briefly held an XB1 controller in store, but couldn't test them on platforming/fighting games. From what little time I had, the dpad was clicky and have no idea how it would handle for my purposes.

I'm also concerned with the cross shape. From past experiences, dpads with the cross shape (i.e. Nintendo), diagonals are hard to hit, making circular motions hard as well.

I also play racing games from time to time, and actually prefer 360 controller for that. Are the triggers and analog sticks a definite upgrade over the 360 pad?

So yay or nay on XboxOne controller?

The Xbox One controller might be the GOAT. DS2 was made for people with small hands and I can never get used to the button layout on that thing.

The Xbox One controller might be the GOAT. DS2 was made for people with small hands and I can never get used to the button layout on that thing.
Don't listen to this guy. He is a fanboy as can be seen by previous posts. I am not much into fighters personally but I have heard ds4 is better for them. I heard x1s controller has improved for them but it seems the dual shocks have always been a step ahead in performance for fighters.

I've had both a PS4 and Xbox One since launch. As for my opinion on controllers it goes like this: PS4>Xbox360>Xbox One>PS3. The PS4 has some nice grip on the back, the triggers are great and the joysticks feel great as well. I do not like the new large shoulder buttons of the X1 or their joysticks. The triggers are nice and so is the new dpad but I absolutely hate the feel of the joysticks and the finish of the controller they used. It slides too easy on my hand and I can't seem to get a grip on the joysticks like I can on the PS4 and 360. Just my two cents.

Does anyone have any experience with the Xbox One AND Dualshock 4 controllers (and 360 controller)?

Reason is I'm mainly a PC gamer. I do have a Dualshock 4 and 360 wired pad. I'm mainly concerned about the XB1 dpad for platforming and fighting games. Is it decent for those purposes or should I stick with the DS4?
I'm in similar situation as you, game usually on PC although mostly playing wii u right now and have ps4/3ds/vita. I'm contemplating buying an xbox one controller for PC to replace the 360 one I already have (with wireless adapter). I have hooked up my PS4 controller to my PC a few times and it works fine when its hooked via USB cable (and charges the controller too).

I won't use a ps4 controller all the time on PC though, first it requires wired connection afaik. Second games still show the xbox buttons in game so it can get a little confusing at times, especially on QTE kinda things. Also with the touchpad thing in the middle that will never be used its a little awkward.

If you have any Sams clubs near you they are apparently clearing out the titanfall controllers @ $50, you pay 10% extra if you are not a member. can check if any stores have it near you. I love the design/colors of the controller and was going to go get one today if I can find it

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/xbox-one-controller-02-10-14/prod13020096.ip?navAction=

I'm in similar situation as you, game usually on PC although mostly playing wii u right now and have ps4/3ds/vita. I'm contemplating buying an xbox one controller for PC to replace the 360 one I already have (with wireless adapter).

I won't use a ps4 controller all the time on PC though, first it requires wired connection afaik.
FYI, there isn't support for Wireless for the Xbox One controller on PCs (they can't use the 360 wireless adapter), so you will have to have it plugged in via a USB cable as well. Just wanted to point that out in case one of the main reasons you were leaning towards Xbox One controller was wireless support.

Don't listen to this guy. He is a fanboy as can be seen by previous posts. I am not much into fighters personally but I have heard ds4 is better for them. I heard x1s controller has improved for them but it seems the dual shocks have always been a step ahead in performance for fighters.
Lol telling him not to listen to me but yet your whole opinion is based on hearsay. "I heard" "this is what I've been told" lol fuuuck outta heaaa. I'm speaking from experience as I game on both systems regularly.

Lol telling him not to listen to me but yet your whole opinion is based on hearsay. "I heard" "this is what I've been told" lol fuuuck outta heaaa. I'm speaking from experience as I game on both systems regularly.
And I have both systems too. And we all know you hate the ps4 and put x1 on a throne.

Is gcu 120 currently or any promotions to make it cheaper? I need to finally jump on that train.
Been $60 for 2 yrs for close to a month now(ends July 5th) plus 10% bonus pts on BB credit card. Watchdogs also has $39($42.90 w/GCU) base TIV so doing 6 copies(3 PS4/3 XB1) & two $15 1 yr PUR pro subs to get the 2 B2G1 coupons would get you ahead a little.

If you have any Sams clubs near you they are apparently clearing out the titanfall controllers @ $50, you pay 10% extra if you are not a member. can check if any stores have it near you. I love the design/colors of the controller and was going to go get one today if I can find it
http://www.samsclub.com/sams/xbox-one-controller-02-10-14/prod13020096.ip?navAction=
BB also pm`s Sam`s club

I've had both a PS4 and Xbox One since launch. As for my opinion on controllers it goes like this: PS4>Xbox360>Xbox One>PS3. The PS4 has some nice grip on the back, the triggers are great and the joysticks feel great as well. I do not like the new large shoulder buttons of the X1 or their joysticks. The triggers are nice and so is the new dpad but I absolutely hate the feel of the joysticks and the finish of the controller they used. It slides too easy on my hand and I can't seem to get a grip on the joysticks like I can on the PS4 and 360. Just my two cents.
Interesting. I've heard that the bumpers are a little hard to reach. When I briefly tried it, I had to rotate my wrist slightly more than usual just to reach them. Is that what you're talking about? I also forgot about the finish. It's that sort of matte plastic that I actually don't prefer as well.

I'm in similar situation as you, game usually on PC although mostly playing wii u right now and have ps4/3ds/vita. I'm contemplating buying an xbox one controller for PC to replace the 360 one I already have (with wireless adapter). I have hooked up my PS4 controller to my PC a few times and it works fine when its hooked via USB cable (and charges the controller too).

I won't use a ps4 controller all the time on PC though, first it requires wired connection afaik. Second games still show the xbox buttons in game so it can get a little confusing at times, especially on QTE kinda things. Also with the touchpad thing in the middle that will never be used its a little awkward.

Do the Titanfall controllers have that same plastic finish as the regular XB1 controllers? Personally, I don't mind the wires, and yes, the button prompts can be a little of a problem as well for me.

FYI, there isn't support for Wireless for the Xbox One controller on PCs (they can't use the 360 wireless adapter), so you will have to have it plugged in via a USB cable as well. Just wanted to point that out in case one of the main reasons you were leaning towards Xbox One controller was wireless support.
This I really don't mind. I actually prefer wires. In the past, I would have problems with wireless/Bluetooth. Syncing is a pain for me and wireless connection usually drops on me for anything. Most likely interference from things like WiFi or cordless phones. But yeah, this is still a big complaint from the PC gamers, even after the M$ driver for the XB1 controller.

I think I'm now starting to lean towards a no on XB1 controller. Though I'm still open to impressions.

Maybe I should just wait for the Steam controller, haha.

yeah I passed too for now, with no wireless support and the price being $50 and looking a little cheap in store I think I'll just wait and see what happens.  I have the wireless 360 one (little $15 dongle ordered from amazon works fine) and never have problems with connection and my house is wifi/phones/bluetooth/etc up the wazoo.

also I am guessing there will be some nice halo controllers this fall, maybe by then they will have full PC support

yeah I passed too for now, with no wireless support and the price being $50 and looking a little cheap in store I think I'll just wait and see what happens. I have the wireless 360 one (little $15 dongle ordered from amazon works fine) and never have problems with connection and my house is wifi/phones/bluetooth/etc up the wazoo.

also I am guessing there will be some nice halo controllers this fall, maybe by then they will have full PC support
Thing is, I believe the XB1 controllers use their own proprietary form of Wi-Fi Direct. So unless they somehow unlock or alter this through firmware (is that even possible?), you would have to wait until they release their own proprietary wireless adapter... At least with the DS4 you can connect via Bluetooth. Gotta give props to those guys at pcsx2.net forums for the DS4 Xinput wrappers as well.

I probably would be suckered in though if GCU actually worked on video game accessories/peripherals.

Think about all the BB complaint posts there`s probably an existing solution on ideax for it. Alot of the issues CAG have had rarely have affected me personally but I post for them. We`ve gotten alot of change in the process if nobody does/says anything nothing happens.

bread's done
Back