Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (7/6 to 7/12)

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy promotes a buy 2,get 1 free on all Skylanders Swap Force characters. Get a $20 gift card with an Xbox One controller and/or Xbox One Stereo Headset.  Save $25 on the Xbox 360 Camouflage Wireless Controller, $20 on the Chrome Wireless Controllers, $40-$60 on select Turtle Beach headsets, and $60 on select Polk Headsets for Xbox One.

18_t.gif
GameStop discounts Killer is Dead to $14.99.

icontarget.gif
Target offers 30% off select titles with Destiny pre-orders. Get $30 off 1 year of  PS+ with a PS4 console purchase. Select PS4 accessories (Dualshock 4 shown) are 20% off.

The Rest of the Deals...
MRSP prices have been removed.

Best Buy (Ad)
Thanks, Twitter - See original post

iconbestbuy.gif
buy 2 get 1 free all skylanders swap force characters

:xb1: $20 off 12 months or 24 months of xbox live when you buy any Xbox console

:xb1: Titanfall for $19.99 when you buy an Xbox One console

:xb1: Free $20 Gift Card with an Xbox One controller. Plus free shipping.

:xb1: Free $20 Gift Card with Xbox One Stereo Headset  

:360: Save $25 on Special Edition Camouflage Wireless Controller    

:360: Save $20 Special Edition Chrome Wireless Controller

:360: Save $40 or $60 on Select Turtle Beach Headsets    

free shipping

:xb1: Save $60 on Select Polk Headsets for Xbox One

free shipping

:xb1: :ps4: ryse, dead rising 3, and battlefield 4 $39.99

:xb1: :ps4: tomb raider definitive edition $34.99

:xb1: save $90 when you buy: xbox one, any x1 game, 2 years gamers club unclocked membership, 2 year geek squad protection, & 24 month xbox live

:ps4: killzone shadow fall $19.99

:ps4: infamous 2nd son $39.99

:360: :ps3: battlefield 4 $24.99

:360: :ps3: batman arkham origins $19.99

:360: :ps3: assassins creed black flag $14.99

GameStop (Ad)
Ends 7/8

:xb1: Buy an Xbox One and save $10 on a controller and $20 on 1 or 2 years of Xbox Live.

:ps3: Used PS3 Bundle:  160GB+ PS3, 2 under $20 used games, extra controller $229.99

:360: :ps3: Killer is Dead $14.99

18_t.gif
$10 off select games you probably don't care about.

Kmart (Ad)
nada

Target (Ad)
Thanks, Twitter - See original post

:ps4: $30 off 1 year ps+ when you buy a ps4

:ps4: 20% off select ps4 accessories (shows dualshock 4)

:wiiu: Skylanders swap force starter pack $29.99 (shows Wii U version)

30% Off select titles when you preorder destiny (shows infamous SS, mlb 14, killzone shadow fail)

Toys R Us (Ad)
50% OFF ANY ONE Skylanders single figure when you buy Jade Fire Kraken figure

:wiiu: Wii U Skylanders Bundle $249.99
:360: :ps3: BUY 1 GET 1 50% OFF ALL PS3 & Xbox 360 video games priced $19.99 or less

Walmart (Ad)
nada

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to a Target to check out the promo; The only game that wasn't in the ad that had signage for the 30% promo in store was Knack.  The rest of the games were the ones in the ad (MLB, Killzone & Infamous).  It's looking like its only SCEA PS4 games for the promo.  I was thinking about trying a pricematch with Amazon for MLB (as they still have it for $39.99), but the store did not have any Destiny reserve cards in store.

Where did you see that? Just curious.
Where is that? I know its one per order but I saw nothing about not being able to do separate orders...
You guys don't remember hearing about other stories from folks getting banned from BB.com? This has been going on for 2 years now. If you spend some time in the Best Buy unboxed forums there are tons of threads from folks asking why their orders keep getting cancelled. It was easier to google this story from another cag:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/318458-banned-from-bestbuy/

I don't remember the cag members specifically but he's not the first. I do recall asspickle getting banned though. He can attest. My observation is that there are certain items that are identified in their system as items that are not allowed to be purchased over an "X" quantity. Once that's met, an instant ban is placed. Not every item is marked for quantity restrictions. For example, I don't see Best Buy doing anything to your account if you were to buy 10 computer towers that aren't on sale.

As just a personal rule of thumb, if the site has a limit quantity for certain sales (i.e. 3, then I would never exceed that order regardless of multiple orders). The preowned games are limited to 1 per order but my guess is the system allows certain game deals to be purchased up to 3 times. I think if you buy 3 or less, you'll be fine. If you buy more, you're at serious risk. iirc, Best Buy bans by billing address information so basically once you are banned, all of your current credit cards are blacklisted. It's pretty severe.

As for this deal, it seems like you're fine if you bought a few. Personally my rule of thumb is not to exceed the website's restrictions. Ordering another 2 copies last night when I had the chance wasn't worth the risk of a ban for me.

Anyone else try MLB yet? I wouldn't mind having a copy of this to play during the summer drought.

no

unless all of humanity has died and you are stuck in a bunker with a ps4 and a gun 1 bullet and killzone.  i'd still shoot killzone though 

Two questions about XB1 Controller promo...

1st: can use the USPS coupon on the controller and receive the $20 promo?
2nd: how long must you wait till you receive the $20 GC after purchase?

Two questions about XB1 Controller promo...

1st: can use the USPS coupon on the controller and receive the $20 promo?
2nd: how long must you wait till you receive the $20 GC after purchase?
USPS coupon has to be used in-store so the $20 GC should be prompted automatically.

Although you are better off price matching Newegg for $50 and getting the $20 GC.

I don't believe USPS would work with price matching but I may be wrong.

USPS coupon has to be used in-store so the $20 GC should be prompted automatically.
Although you are better off price matching Newegg for $50 and getting the $20 GC.

I don't believe USPS would work with price matching but I may be wrong.
Heard earlier PM didn't work with promo

As in it didn't automatically prompt the $20 GC?

Or did they try to ring up both the controller and the $20 GC and the gift card didn't zero out?

I just PMed Forza 5 Xbox One Bundle to Sam's Club $429 price and got the free Call of Duty Ghost promo but I asked for them to ring it up so YMMV?

Throwing some information below for anyone thinking about an Xbox One.

FYI Despite the combo supposedly being dead it still shows in cart. Add COD Ghosts, and an Xbox One to your cart and it takes $30 off COD making it $30 or $26 with GCU. That means there are currently the following bundles with an Xbox One from Best Buy.

Titanfall for $20 ($16 GCU) when you purchase a system.

Call of Duty Ghosts for $30 ($26 GCU).   (Edit) Note this is $24 at Walmart.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Call-Of-Duty-Ghosts-Xbox-One/37003712

Free $50 Xbox Gift Card (Student Code).

$20 off One Year Xbox Live making it $40.

Note that all of these stack on top of each other.

Compared to other current System with Kinect deals there are:

Titanfall Bundle for $440 at eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Xbox-One-Console-Titanfall-Kinect/121373418664?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item1c426b64a8

$499 Forza 5 Bundle + Additional Free Game (17 Choices including recent games like Watch Dogs, and Murdered Soul Suspect).

Overall the best option may be eBay. Because Best Buy is $60 more plus roughly $20 in tax for a total of $80 more. That being said Forza 5 costs about $35 by itself but add that to eBay bundle and you still save more.

Toys R Us (Ad)
:360: :ps3: BUY 1 GET 1 50% OFF ALL PS3 & Xbox 360 video games priced $19.99 or less
...hmm & just double checking...you can't combine the games that are included in the Clearance Blast with the bogo50% off thing right? ...or does it really include "ALL" like advertised? lolol...

I want to get those polk headphones but those ear cups look like they go on your ear. I hate ear cups that go on your ear. I guess there fix for the mic was to give a new cord with a mic on it.

Any chance you guys think of buying two XB1 Controllers for the Gift Cards and taking them back?
Go for it if you don`t give them back the full unused GC the pc will just deduct the $40 from your refundable amount. So in the end you`ll have paid $40 for a $40 BB GC.

Anyone have luck yet matching Amazon's X-1 controller price and still getting the gift card?
I'm about to head up there now to give it a try.
Did a test yesterday system allows it as usual have buffer items in the transaction. After the pm was done other items were scanned she went to total out & the gc prompt came up she couldn`t do anything until the gc was scanned, she assumed it was part of a promo from another item.

Snapped up those Polk Headphones and used the $20 gift card from the controller deal making the headphones about half price.  Been waiting on a deal for those. 

I see people were having trouble with the Xbox One controller price match.  I didn't have that issue fortunately, kid rang them up and then price matched and gave me the gift card with no questions asked.  Good haul past couple of days, AC4 for $9, price matched controller with gift card and now the headphones.  I love CAG!

Snapped up those Polk Headphones and used the $20 gift card from the controller deal making the headphones about half price. Been waiting on a deal for those.

I see people were having trouble with the Xbox One controller price match. I didn't have that issue fortunately, kid rang them up and then price matched and gave me the gift card with no questions asked. Good haul past couple of days, AC4 for $9, price matched controller with gift card and now the headphones. I love CAG!
Going to try PM'ing the controller. Where did you PM from?

***UPDATE***

Just came back from BB after getting lunch. I was able to PM Amazon($51.29) and get the $20 GC in addition. I used a $25 rewards zone cert so I was a little under $30 after tax out the door with $20 back in a GC. Great deal.

Going to try PM'ing the controller. Where did you PM from?

***UPDATE***

Just came back from BB after getting lunch. I was able to PM Amazon($51.29) and get the $20 GC in addition. I used a $25 rewards zone cert so I was a little under $30 after tax out the door with $20 back in a GC. Great deal.
Thanks. Was just looking into this, I'll have to pick one up later!

I'm going to be buying a PS4 in within the next month AND have some Target credit to burn.  Should I buy the PS4 w/discounted year of PS+ this week?  Any way to get the price down cheaper other than the Red Card?

Or do you guys think there will be a better deal (preferably at Target) within the next few weeks?

Got Killzone Shadowfall at a decent price at Target after price matching with BestBuy plus pre-ordering Destiny giving me 30% off plus 5% with my REDcard. Plus now I can play the Beta, overall i'm happy.

Just placed an order at Best Buy for the Xbox One. This deal with the money off Titanfall and Xbox Live, combined with the Mover's coupon and the College coupon finally got me to bite.
And I don't know if it'll work in the store, but the website let me add two each of Titanfall and Xbox Live.
So I got the Console w/ Kinect and Forza, 2x Titanfall, 2x 12 month Xbox Live and $50 MS credit for $590
.....and of course, I had a ton of trade in credit, so it didn't cost me anything out of pocket.

I'll trade one of the Titanfalls, and one of the Black Flags I got the other day to GameStop, and preorder something, so I'm pretty happy with this deal. But man, I'd love to also see that $75 MS credit deal pop up today.

Had $35 in reward certificates and the 10% off from the post office so I ordered the black Polk 4 shot headsets for store pick up in a few days for $56.xx  Not a bad deal

Got a great deal at the Manchester, NH BB tonight.

I price matched an XB1 controller to Amazon for $52.xx and the $20 GC applied instantly with no problem. Immediately used that on a DS4 which I price matched to Target's $48 price. So walked out with a DS4 and XB1 controller for $80 total. Not gonna beat that for a while

I priced matched the XB1 Controller with Play & Charge to Amazon for $67 and change and got the $20 gift card.
Used the $20 gift card I got last night from the Headset. I should be good now on Xbox One accessories.

bread's done
Back