Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (8/10 to 8/16)

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy knocks $10 off the PS4 Camera ans Gold Wireless Headset.

18_t.gif
GameStop promotes a PC sale and 40% bonus credit offer.

kmart.gif
Kmart's reward members get $50 in points with purchase of an Xbox One with Kinect , $15 in points with Titanfall $49.99 (XB1), and/or $15 in points with purchase of MGS Ground Zeroes (XB1) $29.99

icontarget.gif
Target knocks $35 off the combined purchase of a PS4 and PS+ and discounts $15 off any game $39.99 or higher when you pre-order any game for a $1.

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us offers a buy 1, get 1 50% off sale on all Skylanders single figures, a 50% off sale on Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure 3-pks & Adventure packs, and $50 off a Wii U Skylanders Bundle.

The Rest of the Deals...
MRSP prices have been removed.

Best Buy (Ad)
Thanks, Twitter - See original post

:ps4: Save $10 on ps+ 1 year membership when you buy a ps4

:ps4: Buy a Sony tv and a ps4 and get digital copies of: mlb 14 the show, knack, infamous 2nd son, and killzone shadow fall

:ps4: ps4 camera $49.99

:ps4: gold headset $89.99

iconbestbuy.gif
  UFC is $39.99

iconbestbuy.gif
  transformers $49.99 on ps4 & x1, $39.99 on ps3 & 360

:ps4: :xb1: lego movie game and lego hobbit $29.99 each (only shows ps4 & x1 versions)

:360: :ps3: gta v $39.99

:360: :ps3: cod ghosts $39.99

:360: :ps3: nba 2k14 or  wwe 2k14  $29.99

iconbestbuy.gif
trade madden 25 on ps4/x1 and get $25 towards madden 15, or 360/ps3 versions get $15 towards it. plus $10 off certificate for it. so $35 off and $25 off i believe

iconbestbuy.gif
  get a free giants character when you buy any skylanders sky force character

GameStop (Ad)
Ends 7/16
18_t.gif
Buy a Disney Infinity Starter Set, get a free Playset

:360: :ps3: :pc: Borderlands 2 GOTY $24.99

:360: :ps3: :pc: Bioshock Infinite
18_t.gif
40% bonus credit for members who trade toward select titles
:pc: PC sales

Kmart (Ad)
Thanks, inky1600 - See original post
kmart.gif
SYWR members get:

$50 in points with purchase of XBone with Kinect $499.99

$15 in points with purchase of Titanfall XBone $49.99

$15 in points with purchase of MGS Ground Zeroes XBone $29.99

All points expire two weeks after purchase(no set end date this time-maybe this will become the norm going forward)

:xb1: In addition, $10 off XBone controller with purchase of any XBone console

Target (Ad)
Thanks, Twitter- See original post

:ps4: Save $35 on ps+ 1 year membership when you buy a ps4.

icontarget.gif
Save $15 ON ANY GAME $39.99 OR HIGHER WHEN YOU PREORDER A GAME FOR $1.

Toys R Us (Ad)
icontoysrus_r1.gif
  BUY 1 GET 1 50% OFF ALL Skylanders single figures

icontoysrus_r1.gif
50% OFF ALL Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure 3-pks & Adventure packs
:wiiu:  SAVE $50 on a Wii U Skylanders Bundle

Walmart (Ad)

nada

Last edited by a moderator:
Well this is a very YMMV promotion, drove 10 miles to the next Target right outside of town.... and 3rd time's a charm rule applied here!

YAY! Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag and Batman Arkham Origins for under $10... my frown has turned upside down :)

Think I am going to use my b2g1 coupon I got from renewing my pur acct and get 3 copies of madden. Seems worth it for this trade in deal.
same here except GCU instead of pur, but they never sent my welcome email with the coupon, and wanted to buy today because my Ibotta $20 for $200 expires tonight. already posted on their forums but doubt ill get a response in time, especially considering its Sunday. damn you best buy

Any good deals with Vita games? Getting D4 for $26 on release would be pretty good, but my Targets probably won't carry it.
I didn't really find any good vita deals when I visited target today, most only have 5-10 games and its stuff like MLB 14, Killzone, Borderlands 2 (finished it on PC), and Tearaway. The stuff like Jax and Dexter or Sly Cooper are $20 or $30 so the $15 promo won't apply. With the way vita sales are going too I think you'll see all the vita games in the target clearance area pretty soon.

I was gonna get Diablo 3 RoS xpac for PC for $15 but earlier in the day scored a CE at Best Buy for $39 (GCU + 10% movers) so pretty much couldn't find a thing I wanted at Target. Damn you recent sales, there is nothing left to buy I don't already own for PS4, PS3, 3ds, and PC!!

[quote name="Hypertoken" post="11998335" timestamp="1407712256"]Looks like a Madden 25 PM'd with Amazon for PS3 to me.

Can't believe it... its only $29.99 before the PM. You're lucky it even worked! [/quote]the computer did it automatically no override

Got 2 copies traded in for $27.20 each no problem in 2 different transactions.  At my stores there are no $5 preorder cards for Madden 15 for xbone and PS4, only for PS3, so I had to use the kiosk machine thing (touch screen giant ipad looking screen) which spits out a receipt you take to the front register.  You can put down $5-59.99 on the pre-order, I recommend only $5-27.50 (GC) so you can still apply the $10 coupon when you pick up.  The coupon doesn't work on it yet, only when you actually pick it up after Aug 26th - but coupon expires Aug 30th so don't be slow.  I'm pretty sure I'll only be getting 1 RZ with my 2 preorders but thats fine, don't wanna bother with the hassle of managing two separate BB accounts. 

Also scored a Diablo 3 ROS CE for $38 when I was wandering the aisles, store inventory checker said 0 copies near me so that was a nice little surprise.  Only other games I saw that were a good deal were Minecraft 360 ($14 DOTD) and some of the Lego games were $29.99, can PM at target and get for $15 but frankly once you play one the rest are not that good and they go on sale on PC for $5/ea all the time.

Is there a limit on how many a store have of the 10$ off coupon

Seeing how the 2DSs have been $99 each on numerous occasions in the past, I can't help but think that Target is taking advantage of the mathematically incompetent welfare moms with too many mouths to feed. (with Target's "deal", it's $208 for two units, and you have to buy 2)

I just got the xone madden for 17. I tried to price match wolfenstein but the lady told me the pm and preorder card are a no go. Said target sent a company wide email about it because of last time. So the only way you will get around this will be from a employee who is either new or has no idea what there doing. I was also at the southport store in IN by the way incase any other indy people try to pm there.

Just grabbed Zelda: link between worlds for $18 after PM to walmart.com and preorder card, not bad for a first party Nintendo game. Wish they still carried Ocarina though. D;

where can you get a pricematch, customer service desk at entrance, register, electronics dept? where have you had the most success?

where can you get a pricematch, customer service desk at entrance, register, electronics dept? where have you had the most success?
Some employees at the electronics department can do it for you but they normally send you to the customer service. I just asked my friend at the electronics department to do it for me so they wouldn't call any annoying supervisors on me

Will someone please try this with final fantasy x/x-2? I was able to get it for $11 last time by pm'ing amazon for $26. The game was $40 at target at the time, now it's $20.

So it checks the value of the game individually instead of checking it against the entire order? I would think if there is balance remaining on the transaction in total, it might work. But oh well. Would be interesting if it worked, but still not too bad to try and get two games for ~$14 just to flip at GS either way.
It doesn't work. It zeroes out the balance of the game individually and only applies that amount in coupon (thus a $14.88 PM'ed game will show up as $0 with a $14.88 promo applied). You pay $1 for the pre-order card and no negative balance transfers over to any other purchased items. Confirmed multiple times. Wish it did work that way though. Just an FYI...

Worked on madden 25 for ps3. $5 each. I was refused a price match on madden for x1 because it wasn't fulfilled by amazon even though they ship it. Also ncaa football did not work

I'm not sure which Madden is which but you have to PM to get it down to $3.90 then pay the 1 for the preorder coupon making it $4.90.
http://www.amazon.com/Madden-NFL-25-Xbox-360/dp/B00AY1CT4U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1407722869&sr=8-1&keywords=madden+25
Oh my store finally started shutting me down on the price match plus preorder card the last 2 tries they said one or the other.

But If it works off the $29.99 in store price I'll pay $16 and then can swap it for a little bonus towards Madden 15.

I'll attempt a price match plus preorder for maybe Xbox one version and if they shut me down just get the 360 version.

Oh my store finally started shutting me down on the price match plus preorder card the last 2 tries they said one or the other.

But If it works off the $29.99 in store price I'll pay $16 and then can swap it for a little bonus towards Madden 15.

I'll attempt a price match plus preorder for maybe Xbox one version and if they shut me down just get the 360 version.
Has anyone tried with the PS3 version? It's listed at $19.99 on the Target.com site. The One version is listed at $40, and you would get it for $26 before tax without a price match, so you'd get $5-7 profit by taking it to Best Buy, if you wanted to do a Madden 15 swap, but your Target won't let you double-dip.

Theoretically speaking, if you price match this with the $15 off and use the $15 off of Fighter Within stated earlier in the thread, do you think the extra $5 in difference would go towards the whole transaction, making BF4 ~$8?

If that holds up, you could use BF4 as base $17 mixed with the (probably astronomically low) TIV for Fighter Within and get $32 TIV with the 2 for $15 extra at GS. I know this is convoluted, so I hope someone gets what I mean haha
No they promo discount Fighter Within in to 0 and add $1.00 for the pre-order card. I ended up getting Fighter Within and BF4 from target for $15.xx and used the extra $15 promo at gamestop to trade in. With my PUR I was able to get $40.xx for the trade, not a bad flip at all.

When I went to Target this evening the Xbox One version rang up $29.99 even though it was marked $49.99 on the shelf. So if you can't get the PM and preorder, get the Xbox One version and preorder bonus since it trades in for $10 more at BBY.

Both versions of Madden 14 for Xone and PS4 are 29.99 in store price, from i can tell the preorder card will bring the price down to 16 unless your lucky and can get a price match in. I know for sure the Xone version works but i didn't get a chance to try the PS4 version.

I don't have GCU and all I'm interested in doing is trading in my Madden 25 on PS4 to be able to save on Madden 15 on PS4. 

So I can go to customer service, trade-in Madden 25 and get $25 on a gift card, $10 coupon to save on the game in-store only and the game would be $25?  Am I able to pre-order it to ensure I get a copy and still use the coupon/gift card to buy it? 

When I went to Target this evening the Xbox One version rang up $29.99 even though it was marked $49.99 on the shelf. So if you can't get the PM and preorder, get the Xbox One version and preorder bonus since it trades in for $10 more at BBY.
Ah good to know. I'll just go for that then since I'll get a higher trade at best buy! Thanks

Both versions of Madden 14 for Xone and PS4 are 29.99 in store price, from i can tell the preorder card will bring the price down to 16 unless your lucky and can get a price match in. I know for sure the Xone version works but i didn't get a chance to try the PS4 version.
Thanks for this. I'll go see if I can get Xbone for $16 to trade towards Madden 15

I don't have GCU and all I'm interested in doing is trading in my Madden 25 on PS4 to be able to save on Madden 15 on PS4.

So I can go to customer service, trade-in Madden 25 and get $25 on a gift card, $10 coupon to save on the game in-store only and the game would be $25? Am I able to pre-order it to ensure I get a copy and still use the coupon/gift card to buy it?
Correct and yes you can. Just put down $5 on the pre-order.

You trade your ps4 madden 25 in for $25 gc & $10 coupon that u use when u pick up ur madden 15. The game will be about $64. So preorder the game for $5. When you pick it up, apply your $10 coupon and your remaining balance is $64-$15= $49.
You will get 500 points added to your MyBestBuy acct in 15days after the purchase. That's equal to $10 in BB Certs.

You can use your $25 giftcard for whatever you like to buy. They don't expire. Even apply it to the balance remaining on your new Madden 15 if you like.

bread's done
Back