Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (8/3 to 8/9)

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy promotes a minimum of $150 towards an Xbox One with the trade in of a working Xbox 360 or PS3.  rade in a 250GB Xbox 360 or Sony PS3 Slim model and get a $100 gift card as well.

18_t.gif
GameStop advertises an extra $15 credit for every 2 PS4 or XB1 games traded-in and drops Wolfenstein to $39.99 and WWE 2k14 to $29.99.

kmart.gif
Kmart discounts Titanfall to $34.99 and EA Sports UFC to $44.99.  SYWR Members get 50k bonus points ($50) with an Xbox One Kinect console purchase.

icontarget.gif
Target offers a $50 gift card with an Xbox One stand alone console.  Buy one gaming card (MS points, Steam, PSN, etc), get the second 25% off. Save 30% on select EA titles with the reservation of an EA game for $1. Buy an Xbox One without Kinect for $399.99 and get a $50 dollar gift card.

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us marks all Skylanders Giants & Swapforce single characters 3 for $30.  Alll Skylanders starter packs are over 50% off. Save $20 on an 12-month Xbox Live subscription with the purchase of any Xbox system.

The Rest of the Deals...
MRSP prices have been removed.

Best Buy (Ad)
Thanks, mossfan563 - See original post

:xb1: Get a minimum of $150 towards an Xbox One when you trade in a working Xbox 360 or PS3*

:360: :ps3: Trade in a 250GB Xbox 360 or Sony PS3 Slim model and get a $100 gift card as well.

:xb1: :ps4: Save $30 on CoD: Ghosts (X1 or PS4 version) when you purchase an Xbox One or PS4.

:xb1: Save $20 on either 12 months or 24 months of Xbox Live Gold with the purchase of any Xbox console.

:xb1: Save $10 on an Xbox One controller with the purchase of an Xbox One.

Titanfall ( :xb1:) - $49.99, ( :pc::360:) - $39.99

Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag ( :ps4::xb1:) - $49.99, ( :ps3::360:) - $29.99

Watch Dogs ( :360::ps3::pc:) - $39.99

*Any Xbox 360 or PS3 (regardless of model) will get a $50 coupon towards an Xbox One.

A 250GB 360 or Slim PS3 gets the $50 coupon as well as a $100 gift card that can also be used toward an Xbox One making that a minimum of $150.

GameStop (Ad)
Ends 8/5
18_t.gif
Get an extra $15 credit for every 2 PS4 or XB1 games traded-in

18_t.gif
Wolfenstein $39.99

:ps3: :360: WWE 2k4 $29.99

Kmart (Ad)
Thanks, LouieT - See original post

:xb1: :360: Titanfall $34.99

:ps4: :xb1: EA Sports UFC $44.99

:xb1: Buy any Xbox One console, get an Xbox One controller for $49.99

Shop Your Way members only:

:xb1: Buy an Xbox One witih Kinect for $499.99, get 50,000 bonus points, worth $50. Bonus points expire August 23.

Target (Ad)
Thanks, Beatles93 - See original post

icontarget.gif
Buy one gaming card get the second 25% off - available on all gaming cards (shows Microsoft, playstation and steam)

icontarget.gif
Save 30% on select titles (shows battlefield 4, Tianfall, Sims 3 starter pack, PvZ: Garden warfare and UFC) when you reserve an EA game for $1 (shows Madden 2015, sims 4, Battlefield: Hardline, Fifa 2015 and Dragon Age: Inquisition)

:xb1: Buy an Xbox One without Kinect for $399.99 and get a $50 dollar gift card
:xb1: :ps4: Battlefield 4 $49.99 :360: :ps3: $29.99

Thanks to freestufffinder.com

Toys R Us (Ad)
icontoysrus_r1.gif
All Skylanders Giants & Swapforce single characters 3 for $30
icontoysrus_r1.gif
OVER 50% OFF ALL Skylanders starter packs
:xb1: Save $20 on your 12-month Xbox Live subscription when you buy ANY Xbox game system

Walmart (Ad)

:xb1: Free year of Xbox Live with Xbox One stand alone console $399.99

Last edited by a moderator:
you think that xbox deal is worth it if I get someone to buy the GC for $45 and I get 5% cash back from discover? Total comes out at around 350 including tax

Or should i wait for a better deal to come along

The deal regarding the two digital cards really is at a maximum of 12.5% off. Example: $20 of PSN = $17.50 after discount. Divide what you pay by what you get to get the 12.5.

This implies you get two of the same cards.

Just thought I'd put it out there.

The deal regarding the two digital cards really is at a maximum of 12.5% off. Example: $20 of PSN = $17.50 after discount. Divide what you pay by what you get to get the 12.5.

This implies you get two of the same cards.

Just thought I'd put it out there.
Or you simply say 25% / 2 = 12.5%. Stack the redcard on that if you have it for 16.875% (87.5 * .95 = 83.135) . Or a $20 card is about 16.63 out the door.

I don't get it. Save 30% off Battlefield 4 but its $50 on next-gen? That's only 15% or so, not 30.

But I was going to buy an XB1 this weekend so I'll wait until Sunday I guess. Target takes Visa gift cards right? I have Wal-Mart credit I may buy a Visa card so I can use it at Target.

Or will Wal-Mart price match the gift card deal? Doubt it.

If I buy an Xbox One at Target on Friday or Saturday, can I bring my receipt into the store on Sunday and get the $50 free gift card and use it on a game? Or would I have to buy everything on Sunday?

Another YMMV BB pm on the $50 GC offer $350 w/$50 gc for XB1
you think that xbox deal is worth it if I get someone to buy the GC for $45 and I get 5% cash back from discover? Total comes out at around 350 including tax

Or should i wait for a better deal to come along
^^^^ YMMV but selling the gc for $45 makes it $305.

Does anyone know if this is in store only or if the same deal will work online?
Weekly ad deals for most stores are both

If I buy an Xbox One at Target on Friday or Saturday, can I bring my receipt into the store on Sunday and get the $50 free gift card and use it on a game? Or would I have to buy everything on Sunday?
Should be ok but depending on the reps they may want you to bring the console back too

Should be ok but depending on the reps they may want you to bring the console back too
Okay, thanks. I might just go to Target and ask them to be sure. I don't want to have to lug the console around too.

I wonder, would Best Buy price match this free $50 gift card offer?

Just some math for those that are curious -- Target changed their Promo with the $1 preorder cards from taking off $15, to a 30% off percentage.

In terms of a game at MSRP of $59.99, it's actually better since it's $18 off (or $17 if you factor the $1 preorder card cost).  Which automatically makes this better than Best Buy's GCU (which is of course 20%), except that it's a limited selection, and GCU applies to all games (and you get BB points and etc).

If you PM an eligible game to bring it down to $50, then the 30% will take off exactly $15, which would match the old Target Promo.  Anything lower than $50 PM will reduce the savings, to mitigate Target's losses.

$60 -> $18

$50 -> $15

$40 -> $12

Either way, a PM and a 30% is still damn good.  Just have to remember to apply it to an eligible game, get an eligible pre-order card, and don't mention the 30% Promo.  The fact that it's automated makes it better IMO than BB, since if you PM at BB, you might have a tough time trying to get 20% GCU to work on top of it (unless it's automated too, I don't know for sure).

Are you sure its 30% off the PM'd price and not 30% off the original sell price?  During the cartwheel promo if i recall it was applying the cartwheel discount to the pre-PM price, and adding it all up at the end.  I could be wrong of course, don't remember exactly - someone will have to try it out first thing sunday morning and see what happens.

and yeah this is better than GCU for those specific items, since you cannot PM and GCU at best buy - a PM erases the GCU discount automatically at the register, and would require a manager to manually set the price (and Best Buy policy is not to allow both).

either way though unless there are some hidden gems in the "other select games" this deal is pretty much crap, since you can get Titanfall, BF4, etc for way, way cheaper than $40 during short window sales and all will be $10-20 during black friday.

I'm not sure I understand. How can I get it for $350 w/ the gift card?

No I'm not positive it takes the 30% off of the PM price, but I assume it would for two reasons:
1) you're PMing it first before applying the Promo discount (CSR manually inputs new price), and
2) the 30% is a larger savings for the consumer than the $15 off (for all games above $50) and Target isnt likely to agree to give you more money your way beyond that.

It just doesnt make sense to take 30% off original price when you lower the price already by matching, and I think arguing with a manager for it would be pretty scummy as well.
I'd be happy with the PM & Promo, rather than argue with the manager over a savings of $3 bucks, in addition to creating ill-will and them remembering your face as 'that guy'.

The promo discount itself is good, and Target is close to my Best Buy so they could be taking my business instead of BB for some new releases. That 5% off Redcard sounds good to help offset taxes, and there is no need to pay $120/$60 for a program like GCU. GCU still has its uses, tho.

What are the current Microsoft card amounts available to purchase at Target/in-store? 

Haven't paid much attention to the cards since the change from points to currency.

I know PSN has $20 and $50 at my local Target.

Surprised no one posted this yet.

Probably because there's not much.

Get a minimum of $150 towards an Xbox One when you trade in a working Xbox 360 or PS3.

Any Xbox 360 or PS3 will give you a $50 toward an Xbox One.

Trade in a 250GB Xbox 360 or Sony PS3 Slim model and get a $100 gift card as well.

EDIT:

I apologize for the confusion. Let me clarify the trade in offer for the Xbox One.

Any Xbox 360 or PS3 (regardless of model) will get a $50 coupon towards an Xbox One.

A 250GB 360 or Slim PS3 gets the $50 coupon as well as a $100 gift card that can also be used toward an Xbox One making that a minimum of $150.

Hope that helps everyone. Sorry if you thought you would get more. >.<

Save $30 on CoD: Ghosts (X1 or PS4 version) when you purchase an Xbox One or PS4.

Save $20 on either 12 months or 24 months of Xbox Live Gold with the purchase of any Xbox console.

Save $10 on an Xbox One controller with the purchase of an Xbox One.

Titanfall ( :xb1:) - $49.99, ( :pc::360:) - $39.99

Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag ( :ps4::xb1:) - $49.99, ( :ps3::360:) - $29.99

Watch Dogs ( :360::ps3::pc:) - $39.99

And that's all she wrote folks.

Probably wasn't posted by anyone as we eagerly await Twitter's story for obtaining the information every week. You've taken joy from thousands by posting this!

I use my 360 way too much, they would need to offer me a free Xbox One to take it off my hands!
but sadly, this is probably the best legit trade in deal you are going to get for ps3/xbox 360, aside from the glitch of $303 trade in value for xbox 360

I wonder, would Best Buy price match this free $50 gift card offer?
YMMV but it works out better if there`s a target close buy. Confirm stock using a.cell phone pic w/ad take it &amp; the console to BB CS. It was part of the old pm policy &amp; over the last 2 yrs getting gc pm`s on games has been better 8 outta 10 or so. Per what CAG post.
Tell them exactly what to do "say you still pay $400 for the system &amp; the gc they just deduct the $50 off the $400 &amp; "sell" you a $50 BB gc".

I'm not sure I understand. How can I get it for $350 w/ the gift card?
^^^^^ YMMV
$400 system reduced to $350 &amp; you`re "sold" a $50 BB GC. You save the tax on the $50 too so there`s actually no loss on selling the gc $5 below face value. Also, YMMV but you could even pay $6 in fees to convert it to a BB pre-paid visa.
Works great when there`s a $100 gc elsewhere b/c that`s a true system price cut.

Key is to be fully prepared when you get to BB CS.
1- I gotto the closest target to take a pic of the console + ad to confirm stock the closer the target the better.
2- Goto BB grab the system bring it to CS &amp; have your money out ready to pay.
3- A manager has to approve it so waste no time with the reg. rep just ask for a sup.
4- Tell them you`re GCU/elite/elite plus if you are
5- Your words should be like "I`d rather spend the $400 @ BB vs Target anyday, can you pm this current target deal? Take the $50 off the price of the system &amp; I`ll pay $50 for the BB gc still get the same $400 besides a $50 BB gc is worth more than a $50 target gc." "I already went to target to verify stock 20 minutes ago(show the pic) so I rather not have to go back &amp; give them your $400 sale."

At this point just say nothing and wait most of the time they`ll give you the "okay just this one time" deal. If you already know you`re store is more strict consider getting the warranty or have several other "buffer" items that way they feel you`re about to spend alot more than $400.
7-10 $5 movies should cover it just return them later.

10 minutes or so maybe less depending on the lines

Get a minimum of $150 towards an Xbox One when you trade in a working Xbox 360 or PS3.
Any Xbox 360 or PS3 will give you a $50 toward an Xbox One.
Trade in a 250GB Xbox 360 or Sony PS3 Slim model and get a $100 gift card as well.
The wording on this confuses me. I thought maybe they'd be giving $150 for the old ones, which would be great, until i read on. Minimum 150 for any console, but 50 for any console and 100 for a 250 GB?

:edit: I'm assuming its $50 for any model and up to 150 for the 250 gigs. Would have to consider giving up my slim as I'm trying to move toward going digital. Figure I'd get around that on Craigslist and it saves me the hassle.

The wording on this confuses me. I thought maybe they'd be giving $150 for the old ones, which would be great, until i read on. Minimum 150 for any console, but 50 for any console and 100 for a 250 GB?

:edit: I'm assuming its $50 for any model and up to 150 for the 250 gigs. Would have to consider giving up my slim as I'm trying to move toward going digital. Figure I'd get around that on Craigslist and it saves me the hassle.
probably, you never know. bestbuy trade in is a hit and miss. sometimes people can get away with loopholes

Surprised no one posted this yet.

Probably because there's not much.
It is a pretty terrible ad, but someone always posts them even if it's only Skylanders. This weeks gaming section wasn't leaked on the blu-ray forum like usual, which would be my guess as to why it wasn't posted.

So wait, how much maximum money could you get from trading in an xbox 360 250GB model? Roughly $150 PLUS the $100 gift card? Or no?

"Get a minimum of $150 towards an Xbox One when you trade in a working Xbox 360 or PS3."

Well then what's the maximum?  I have zero idea what this promotion actually is due to this wording and the lines below it.

I got upset when I saw watch dogs for 39.99. Just bought it for the same price on Amazon. Then I realized on the ad it was not the xbox 1 version.

So wait, how much maximum money could you get from trading in an xbox 360 250GB model? Roughly $150 PLUS the $100 gift card? Or no?
Won`t know till the deals live
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Electronics-Promotions/Online-Trade-In/pcmcat133600050011.c?id=pcmcat133600050011&amp;pageType=REDIRECT&amp;issolr=1&amp;searchterm=trade%20in%20center

I wonder if they just give a $150 GC or more by choosing XB1 promo or something. If so, the 10% movers coupon + at least $150 credit makes a PS4 $210 OOP. 420 base MBB pts w/GCU &amp; 52 MBB from elite plus adds close to $10 more in credit. And ppl with the BB CC get 10% back on the $210 not bad.

I have the shiny Xbox 360 S that originally came with a 250GB hDD, but I have that HDD in my Xbox 360 E model now.  Will they check the storage to see if the HDD is in there?

I believe in the past the deal would be you get a $50 coupon that can only be used on XB1 plus minimum $100 gift card assuming you're trading a 250GB slim or PS3 slim. That's probably in the fine print of the ad. $50 coupon plus whatever your console is worth in their trade system.

Probably wasn't posted by anyone as we eagerly await Twitter's story for obtaining the information every week. You've taken joy from thousands by posting this!
Actually, twitter got caught this time. He's currently rotting in jail "preparing his anus". He gave me a phone call and mention something about the ad but I was making a sandwich so I told him to call back later.

so if i sell an x360 to them, that is 150 minimum, its 250 gigs so that's about 250 bucks...

i also have a ps3, so thats another 150, 250 gigs too so also 250 bucks

does that mean i can get an x1 like that? or the gift cards don't stack or something?

I apologize for the confusion. Let me clarify the trade in offer for the Xbox One.

Any Xbox 360 or PS3 (regardless of model) will get a $50 coupon towards an Xbox One.

Hope that helps everyone. Sorry if you thought you would get more. >.<

Its against policy for Best Buy to match gift card with purchase offers so very unlikely it will work.
Yeah, Best Buy keeps changing it's policy to PM less and less. They used to be the king of PMing, now they aren't good for anything unless I need something from Amazon and I can't wait for their "2-day" shipping.

Hope that helps everyone. Sorry if you thought you would get more. &gt;.&lt;
People think they are getting more than $150 because the word "minimum" keeps getting used incorrectly.

FYI guys.
Batman origins and injustice 20% off, expires today via cartwheel target app

[attachment=6996:image.jpg]

Potential for a pretty good deal if they'll match the Target $50 gift card w/ console purchase.
$150 trade, Mover's Coupon, gift card....
Not sure they'd PM that deal and let you use the coupon, but worth a shot.

Potential for a pretty good deal if they'll match the Target $50 gift card w/ console purchase.
$150 trade, Mover's Coupon, gift card....
Not sure they'd PM that deal and let you use the coupon, but worth a shot.
They don't match gift Card offers, unless
An anomaly happens and it works for one person in Montana.

I thought bestbuy does match gift card offers. I remember doing that with Halo 3 ODST when TRU had a $20 gift card with purchase. But then again...that was too long ago haha

I thought bestbuy does match gift card offers. I remember doing that with Halo 3 ODST when TRU had a $20 gift card with purchase. But then again...that was too long ago haha
Does Best Buy price match "free gift with purchase" offers?
No. Best Buy does not price match "free gift with purchase" orders. This includes free gift card with purchase offers.

Hopefully not too off topic but has anyone had any luck price matching Amazon at Best Buy?
As long as the item says Shipped and sold by amazon.com and its in stock they'll price match it. They won't match third party sellers

bread's done
Back