Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (8/3 to 8/9)

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy promotes a minimum of $150 towards an Xbox One with the trade in of a working Xbox 360 or PS3.  rade in a 250GB Xbox 360 or Sony PS3 Slim model and get a $100 gift card as well.

18_t.gif
GameStop advertises an extra $15 credit for every 2 PS4 or XB1 games traded-in and drops Wolfenstein to $39.99 and WWE 2k14 to $29.99.

kmart.gif
Kmart discounts Titanfall to $34.99 and EA Sports UFC to $44.99.  SYWR Members get 50k bonus points ($50) with an Xbox One Kinect console purchase.

icontarget.gif
Target offers a $50 gift card with an Xbox One stand alone console.  Buy one gaming card (MS points, Steam, PSN, etc), get the second 25% off. Save 30% on select EA titles with the reservation of an EA game for $1. Buy an Xbox One without Kinect for $399.99 and get a $50 dollar gift card.

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us marks all Skylanders Giants & Swapforce single characters 3 for $30.  Alll Skylanders starter packs are over 50% off. Save $20 on an 12-month Xbox Live subscription with the purchase of any Xbox system.

The Rest of the Deals...
MRSP prices have been removed.

Best Buy (Ad)
Thanks, mossfan563 - See original post

:xb1: Get a minimum of $150 towards an Xbox One when you trade in a working Xbox 360 or PS3*

:360: :ps3: Trade in a 250GB Xbox 360 or Sony PS3 Slim model and get a $100 gift card as well.

:xb1: :ps4: Save $30 on CoD: Ghosts (X1 or PS4 version) when you purchase an Xbox One or PS4.

:xb1: Save $20 on either 12 months or 24 months of Xbox Live Gold with the purchase of any Xbox console.

:xb1: Save $10 on an Xbox One controller with the purchase of an Xbox One.

Titanfall ( :xb1:) - $49.99, ( :pc::360:) - $39.99

Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag ( :ps4::xb1:) - $49.99, ( :ps3::360:) - $29.99

Watch Dogs ( :360::ps3::pc:) - $39.99

*Any Xbox 360 or PS3 (regardless of model) will get a $50 coupon towards an Xbox One.

A 250GB 360 or Slim PS3 gets the $50 coupon as well as a $100 gift card that can also be used toward an Xbox One making that a minimum of $150.

GameStop (Ad)
Ends 8/5
18_t.gif
Get an extra $15 credit for every 2 PS4 or XB1 games traded-in

18_t.gif
Wolfenstein $39.99

:ps3: :360: WWE 2k4 $29.99

Kmart (Ad)
Thanks, LouieT - See original post

:xb1: :360: Titanfall $34.99

:ps4: :xb1: EA Sports UFC $44.99

:xb1: Buy any Xbox One console, get an Xbox One controller for $49.99

Shop Your Way members only:

:xb1: Buy an Xbox One witih Kinect for $499.99, get 50,000 bonus points, worth $50. Bonus points expire August 23.

Target (Ad)
Thanks, Beatles93 - See original post

icontarget.gif
Buy one gaming card get the second 25% off - available on all gaming cards (shows Microsoft, playstation and steam)

icontarget.gif
Save 30% on select titles (shows battlefield 4, Tianfall, Sims 3 starter pack, PvZ: Garden warfare and UFC) when you reserve an EA game for $1 (shows Madden 2015, sims 4, Battlefield: Hardline, Fifa 2015 and Dragon Age: Inquisition)

:xb1: Buy an Xbox One without Kinect for $399.99 and get a $50 dollar gift card
:xb1: :ps4: Battlefield 4 $49.99 :360: :ps3: $29.99

Thanks to freestufffinder.com

Toys R Us (Ad)
icontoysrus_r1.gif
All Skylanders Giants & Swapforce single characters 3 for $30
icontoysrus_r1.gif
OVER 50% OFF ALL Skylanders starter packs
:xb1: Save $20 on your 12-month Xbox Live subscription when you buy ANY Xbox game system

Walmart (Ad)

:xb1: Free year of Xbox Live with Xbox One stand alone console $399.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Best Buy question:

For in-store pick-up, do you get charged at time of online purchase, or once you go pick-up the item?

I want to do an instore pickup order online to nab some extra Sony Rewards bonus points, but also want to trade in my PS3 for the extra $150 towards an Xbox one.
You are charged at time of pickup. The receipt they hand you is just a pickup confirmation, not a real receipt. I think you would have to do a return/rebuy if you wanted to do the trade in deal.

[quote name="Jommy" post="11993169" timestamp="1407513691"]Anyone know if BB will PM the target B1G25% off game cards deal? I want to get FFXIV game time, but target doesnt carry it.[/quote]
No, from my experience they won't match package deals.

You are charged at time of pickup. The receipt they hand you is just a pickup confirmation, not a real receipt. I think you would have to do a return/rebuy if you wanted to do the trade in deal.
Do you mean charged at time of ordering? If I'm charged at pick-up, I should be able to do the trade in first then go to the pick-up window and have the amount removed from my total before getting charged.

Do you mean charged at time of ordering? If I'm charged at pick-up, I should be able to do the trade in first then go to the pick-up window and have the amount removed from my total before getting charged.
It doesn't work that way. While you do get charged when you pick up, the in store pick up guy doesn't actually do any ringing up. He just gets the game held for you and checks your ID. Its all automated. If the price is lower when you pick up, again, he doesn't change anything. The computer self adjusts the charged price on its own. so you cant do the trade in deal this way. Now you could return/rebuy with the trade credit as separate transactions

I fucking hate untrained Target staff...I was denied a PM of Ghosts :ps4: today because "we don't PM Amazon." I then asked about Target.com's $39.99 price and he got a dumb look on his face then said "oh, uh, we can't match the site. We don't price match online stores either, only physical." Now I have to go back tomorrow for a knowledgable employee...fuck.

I was able to do it earlier, but there will be restrictions next time though if you try to PM + the preorder card. The girl said that and she'll let it slide, so yay.

I guess my $1 deodorant impressed her. 

She said there will be restrictions? As in for you, if she sees you again, or as in this while ordeal coming to corporate's attention and all targets restricting PM + pre-order?

Grabbed Ghosts for the One for $6 and a PS3 and 360 copy for $4 each. Pretty pumped that there were no issues. Might try to grab a couple more tomorrow.

traded in an xbox 360S 4GB w/ 3 controllers (one of them was the transforming D-Pad controller) for a total of $81 + $50 towards Xbox One. I didnt mind though the controllers were all chewed up and the employee took them in at full credit. I had manually installed a 100GB HDD into the console inside of a 250GB casing and the employee asked if i had the 250GB model, i couldve said yes but i wasn't sure if it'd show differently when it scanned or whatever so i just said no and took the hard drive out and kept it. 

Also took advantage of the -$20 off 1 year of XBL and -$10 for another controller. Bought Titanfall which came up @ $39.99 with GCU and also used the ibotta rebate for +$20 paypal after purchase. Paid with BB Credit card. Overall pleased with the transaction. 

Ended up saving $90 off the transaction before my $81 gift card.

About to do the same thing with a PS3, Infamous.

Instead I'm also using a mover's coupon and my Amex for 25 cash back.

Should come out to 275 out of pocket. Probably won't take advantage of the live & controller deals and buy those at gamestop with some flipper credit I've been holding onto.

Just got my xbox one. Traded an extra xbox that I paid $111 for from cowboom. Used the 10% movers coupon. Traded in about $100 worth of games that I got from toysrus. $80 gift cert. Put $46 on my BB CC.

Cost me a total of about $190 out of pocket. Still waiting on games. Bring on next weeks target sale!

Anyone know if BB will PM the target B1G25% off game cards deal? I want to get FFXIV game time, but target doesnt carry it.

No, from my experience they won't match package deals.
I actually just did this with PSN cards earlier today. Definitely YMMV tho... it worked on the 3rd try. I had attempted it on Sunday and they gave me some BS about not being able to do price matches on tax free weekend and I also attempted it over the phone but with no luck. Today I had a bit of extra time while waiting on a movie start time and decided to try my luck again and didn't have a problem. After 10% back on BBY credit card and GCU/Elite bonus points brought them to around 23% off for both if my math is right.

YMMV but looks like the Ghosts deal may have ended early? Was just at my Target to pick up a PS4 copy and not only was the signage all gone but the deal did not go through in the system.

At target I got CoD Ghost (xbone) the preorder card and the ps4 camera for $49.99 after tax. Price match the camera to Walmart online.

OOOOOOOO yea... Traded in my PS3 and after a few gift cards and a movers coupon got my Xbox one for 39 dollars lol
Man... Any of these deals sound so pedestrian after getting an X1 and a new 360 just from trading my 2 old 360s to BB a couple of weeks ago. One deal I'm glad I got my ass to BB at opening on Sunday for...

Also got a dualshock 4 for $29.99 at best buy they had the wrong price on them. Would only let me take one. I didn't want more anyways. But that's a score.

Also got a dualshock 4 for $29.99 at best buy they had the wrong price on them. Would only let me take one. I didn't want more anyways. But that's a score.
Employee incompetence is the best, yeah. I had that happen with some Klipsch earphones 2-3 years ago. They were supposed to be $100, on-sale for $80. However, they were on a $67.99 rack, and my dad had given me his $50 in rewards certs, so I ended up getting them for $17 or so out-of-pocket. Grats on the controller.

If anyone was thinking about getting a Wacom Intuos Creative pen and tablet or Intuos Pro tablet, Best Buy has a $20 gift card for the Creative Pen and $50 on the Pro. They're also on sale so it knocks the price down a good bit for the smaller ones. I picked up a small Creative tablet for $75.99 before $20 RZ and $35 GC for $25 out of pocket. Plus I get a $20 gift card back.

If anyone was thinking about getting a Wacom Intuos Creative pen and tablet or Intuos Pro tablet, Best Buy has a $20 gift card for the Creative Pen and $50 on the Pro. They're also on sale so it knocks the price down a good bit for the smaller ones. I picked up a small Creative tablet for $75.99 before $20 RZ and $35 GC for $25 out of pocket. Plus I get a $20 gift card back.
Link?

bread's done
Back