Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (8/3 to 8/9)

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy promotes a minimum of $150 towards an Xbox One with the trade in of a working Xbox 360 or PS3.  rade in a 250GB Xbox 360 or Sony PS3 Slim model and get a $100 gift card as well.

18_t.gif
GameStop advertises an extra $15 credit for every 2 PS4 or XB1 games traded-in and drops Wolfenstein to $39.99 and WWE 2k14 to $29.99.

kmart.gif
Kmart discounts Titanfall to $34.99 and EA Sports UFC to $44.99.  SYWR Members get 50k bonus points ($50) with an Xbox One Kinect console purchase.

icontarget.gif
Target offers a $50 gift card with an Xbox One stand alone console.  Buy one gaming card (MS points, Steam, PSN, etc), get the second 25% off. Save 30% on select EA titles with the reservation of an EA game for $1. Buy an Xbox One without Kinect for $399.99 and get a $50 dollar gift card.

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us marks all Skylanders Giants & Swapforce single characters 3 for $30.  Alll Skylanders starter packs are over 50% off. Save $20 on an 12-month Xbox Live subscription with the purchase of any Xbox system.

The Rest of the Deals...
MRSP prices have been removed.

Best Buy (Ad)
Thanks, mossfan563 - See original post

:xb1: Get a minimum of $150 towards an Xbox One when you trade in a working Xbox 360 or PS3*

:360: :ps3: Trade in a 250GB Xbox 360 or Sony PS3 Slim model and get a $100 gift card as well.

:xb1: :ps4: Save $30 on CoD: Ghosts (X1 or PS4 version) when you purchase an Xbox One or PS4.

:xb1: Save $20 on either 12 months or 24 months of Xbox Live Gold with the purchase of any Xbox console.

:xb1: Save $10 on an Xbox One controller with the purchase of an Xbox One.

Titanfall ( :xb1:) - $49.99, ( :pc::360:) - $39.99

Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag ( :ps4::xb1:) - $49.99, ( :ps3::360:) - $29.99

Watch Dogs ( :360::ps3::pc:) - $39.99

*Any Xbox 360 or PS3 (regardless of model) will get a $50 coupon towards an Xbox One.

A 250GB 360 or Slim PS3 gets the $50 coupon as well as a $100 gift card that can also be used toward an Xbox One making that a minimum of $150.

GameStop (Ad)
Ends 8/5
18_t.gif
Get an extra $15 credit for every 2 PS4 or XB1 games traded-in

18_t.gif
Wolfenstein $39.99

:ps3: :360: WWE 2k4 $29.99

Kmart (Ad)
Thanks, LouieT - See original post

:xb1: :360: Titanfall $34.99

:ps4: :xb1: EA Sports UFC $44.99

:xb1: Buy any Xbox One console, get an Xbox One controller for $49.99

Shop Your Way members only:

:xb1: Buy an Xbox One witih Kinect for $499.99, get 50,000 bonus points, worth $50. Bonus points expire August 23.

Target (Ad)
Thanks, Beatles93 - See original post

icontarget.gif
Buy one gaming card get the second 25% off - available on all gaming cards (shows Microsoft, playstation and steam)

icontarget.gif
Save 30% on select titles (shows battlefield 4, Tianfall, Sims 3 starter pack, PvZ: Garden warfare and UFC) when you reserve an EA game for $1 (shows Madden 2015, sims 4, Battlefield: Hardline, Fifa 2015 and Dragon Age: Inquisition)

:xb1: Buy an Xbox One without Kinect for $399.99 and get a $50 dollar gift card
:xb1: :ps4: Battlefield 4 $49.99 :360: :ps3: $29.99

Thanks to freestufffinder.com

Toys R Us (Ad)
icontoysrus_r1.gif
All Skylanders Giants & Swapforce single characters 3 for $30
icontoysrus_r1.gif
OVER 50% OFF ALL Skylanders starter packs
:xb1: Save $20 on your 12-month Xbox Live subscription when you buy ANY Xbox game system

Walmart (Ad)

:xb1: Free year of Xbox Live with Xbox One stand alone console $399.99

Last edited by a moderator:
So the Xbox One coupon won't stack? I have both consoles so I couldn't have my brother trade in the PS3 and I trade in the 360 and use them together on an Xbox One?

Is the $20 off Cod Ghosts good through the end of the ad? I won't conveniently be near Target until Friday, but I'll make a special trip if I have to for this deal. Plus I can just go ahead and get my Xbox sooner this way.
I'd like to say yes xd

Anybody know if I'm better off trading a 60gb ps3 to best buy or GameStop? I'm looking at getting a Xbox one, but I'm a little worried a special edition sunset overdrive one will come out

Where is the Ghosts pre-order promo in the ads? I've called two Targets just now and they don't have any idea what I'm talking about. Only a promo where if you pre-order a game you get a 5 dollar gift card. Someone help?

Currently Amazon has COD Ghosts Wii U for $15.70. If the you can price match and if the $20 thing applies to the Wii U version, does that make it free or does Target have some sort of policy in place to prevent that?

Tried to buy two $15 Microsoft cards  at Target and got denied the discount of 25% off.  Ended up buying two $25 cards to trigger the discount.   Did see signage that includes 3 months of Xbox Live cards.

Also saw signage for a year of PS+ and a month of PS+.  Might go back on pay day to get some PSN cards.

Got both Xbox One and PS4 version for $27.34 total out the door this morning.

Go to Target, have them PM Target's website for the XB One version@ $24.99. Add the Destiny pre-order for $1, get the $20 off bringing CoD down to $4.99.

PS4 version works the same, but is $39.99 on their website so it's not as good of a deal but still not bad. ;)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ainkqayktkd2dbg/2014-08-04%2011.54.45-1.jpg
Oh man. I'll have to try that, thanks! Is this YMMV or is it just target following their own rules?

Oh man. I'll have to try that, thanks! Is this YMMV or is it just target following their own rules?
AFAIK it's in the rules, there was no trickery done on my part. They did the price matches, then added the Destiny pre-order cards which automagically brought the prices down.

My guess is that you might run into an employee that sees what's happening and decides not to honor the price match + $20 offer (they'll probably say they'll honor one or the other but not both), but it does work in the system as shown by my receipt.

AFAIK it's in the rules, there was no trickery done on my part. They did the price matches, then added the Destiny pre-order cards which automagically brought the prices down.

My guess is that you might run into an employee that sees what's happening and decides not to honor the price match + $20 offer (they'll probably say they'll honor one or the other but not both), but it does work in the system as shown by my receipt.
Yeah, I just got back from getting a copy of COD for about $6. It's all done through the system so just price match and buy the destiny preorder card in the same transaction and the computer will do the rest.

Hopefully I can get this to work tomorrow. Can get a PS4 and Xbox One copy for 25ish each and just move them to gamestop.

Then the fun of trying to move game stop credit to best buy lol.

Looks like I'm going back to target. He forgot to take them out of the case and I wasn't paying attention because I was watching the register.

And just a heads up, I noticed a sign that if you bought a contract phone, you would receive 20% off an entire target purchase. So could be a good deal for some.

Denied at three stores and allowed 2 copies at at one. I suppose paying $15 and making $54 but all that gas was used.... Also itunes cards are valid under the promotion.

Sweet, I also got Target to sell me Ghosts XB1 for $6.38. CSR questioned it just as I swiped my card. She said "if You can't pre-order the game on the website then I can't do it". I then pre-ordered (or put in cart) Advanced Warfare on my phone and showed her. She then picked up a big red phone and spoke with someone, eventually saying that they said it was okay to sell it to me so cheap.

So all in all I got Wal-Mart to give me a free year of Gold and a $6 copy of Ghosts which I will probably flip anyway today. As Ice Cube once said, TODAY WAS A GOOD DAY!

Actually, it's the opposite. Their PM policy page says that it is not allowed with a pre-order offer. However, their software is apparently junk and can't figure that out. A knowledgeable rep will tell you it's not allowed (unless he doesn't care), but the reason it's allowed is usually ignorance, on the part of the employee.

You guys think the trade values for cod ghosts for both xb1 and ps4 will stay the same on 8/25-8/31? I have a 50% extra credit coupon I got from them so I'd probably just wait till 8/25

You guys think the trade values for cod ghosts for both xb1 and ps4 will stay the same on 8/25-8/31? I have a 50% extra credit coupon I got from them so I'd probably just wait till 8/25
Just take the $15 Extra promo. $16 for X1 and PS4 is around $16-17 but someone got around $53 with probably a 10% extra from pur. So instead of taking the risk of it dropping doing it now is probably your best bet.

Just take the $15 Extra promo. $16 for X1 and PS4 is around $16-17 but someone got around $53 with probably a 10% extra from pur. So instead of taking the risk of it dropping doing it now is probably your best bet.
I just traded my copy in with assassins creed black flag. I got $47 with the extra $15 promo. I let my pro expire but the extra 10% is just for the base so you'd only get an extra $3.20 if both are $16 base.

If you have 2 COD you only lose 50¢ each trading now over during the 50% bonus assuming the TIV stays $16 and doesn't drop. Due to the $15 bonus on 2 next gen. Breaks down to 7.50 bonus each now versus $8 bonus each later. (Before PUR 10%)

True. I was just thinking of getting 2 xbox one copies I can get for $15 or less then trading them to two different gamestops for $25 each and I won't have to trade it in towards destiny or advanced warfare to get the 40% bonus. Either that or buy an xb1 copy and ps4 copy for $28 or less and trade it in now with $15 extra for $50. I should be able to transfer my deposit to another game anyway right?

Does the 320gb Slim PS3 count towards the $100 gift card too? Guessing you just take it to the CS desk like any other item for trade in?

EDIT: Ahh hell, nvm. Looks like there's no point since my warranty seal is broken.

I'm tempted to take my old fat PS3 to BB for $50. It doesn't read DVDs anymore, but BD still work. It might be slow ejecting discs though. I need to get rid of it, but I hate BB. Gamestop might test them more and pay less though.

And just a heads up, I noticed a sign that if you bought a contract phone, you would receive 20% off an entire target purchase. So could be a good deal for some.
There's really nothing to pair with that. It excludes games and a ton of other shit.

Stop calling and go in and test it out.
I went to three Targets today, and the first one I got Ghosts for PS3, 360, and X1 for 11 dollars. Turned down at the next. Only got it for X1 because I wanted to see if they'd let me. Traded them at two different GameStops for 53 dollars, and picked of Wolfenstein, successful day! (Thanks for the encouragement haha)

I went to three Targets today, and the first one I got Ghosts for PS3, 360, and X1 for 11 dollars. Turned down at the next. Only got it for X1 because I wanted to see if they'd let me. Traded them at two different GameStops for 53 dollars, and picked of Wolfenstein, successful day! (Thanks for the encouragement haha)
You got $53 for trading in those 3 games with 40% extra store credit? Don't you have to trade it towards a game like last of us destiny or advanced warfare?

You got $53 for trading in those 3 games with 40% extra store credit? Don't you have to trade it towards a game like last of us destiny or advanced warfare?
For the 40% yes, but I didn't say anything about the 40%. Now, you could wait until the 25th and get 50% more for your trade-ins, but I didn't want to wait that long and see the values drop, also I wanted Wolfenstein while it was 39.99. Still, PM as many X1 copies as you can and you'd be able to get a hundred in store credit easily.

If you want you could buy as many copies on the 360 and PS3 and trade them in into Walmart. Unfortunately they changed their system so I couldn't merge the credit on a plastic card apparently.

If you want you could buy as many copies on the 360 and PS3 and trade them in into Walmart. Unfortunately they changed their system so I couldn't merge the credit on a plastic card apparently.
They wouldn't allow me to do it in store but you can buy a $50 gift card on the website with free shipping using your trade in code. I did so myself a week ago.

Looks like I'm going back to target. He forgot to take them out of the case and I wasn't paying attention because I was watching the register.
Watch the road my friend or your trip could be to General Hospital`s ER with a different red logo. Also, a flathead screwdriver will fix the cases. I had it happen to me before it wasn`t worth the gas or effort so a screwdriver did the trick.

bread's done
Back