Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (8/3 to 8/9)

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy promotes a minimum of $150 towards an Xbox One with the trade in of a working Xbox 360 or PS3.  rade in a 250GB Xbox 360 or Sony PS3 Slim model and get a $100 gift card as well.

18_t.gif
GameStop advertises an extra $15 credit for every 2 PS4 or XB1 games traded-in and drops Wolfenstein to $39.99 and WWE 2k14 to $29.99.

kmart.gif
Kmart discounts Titanfall to $34.99 and EA Sports UFC to $44.99.  SYWR Members get 50k bonus points ($50) with an Xbox One Kinect console purchase.

icontarget.gif
Target offers a $50 gift card with an Xbox One stand alone console.  Buy one gaming card (MS points, Steam, PSN, etc), get the second 25% off. Save 30% on select EA titles with the reservation of an EA game for $1. Buy an Xbox One without Kinect for $399.99 and get a $50 dollar gift card.

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us marks all Skylanders Giants & Swapforce single characters 3 for $30.  Alll Skylanders starter packs are over 50% off. Save $20 on an 12-month Xbox Live subscription with the purchase of any Xbox system.

The Rest of the Deals...
MRSP prices have been removed.

Best Buy (Ad)
Thanks, mossfan563 - See original post

:xb1: Get a minimum of $150 towards an Xbox One when you trade in a working Xbox 360 or PS3*

:360: :ps3: Trade in a 250GB Xbox 360 or Sony PS3 Slim model and get a $100 gift card as well.

:xb1: :ps4: Save $30 on CoD: Ghosts (X1 or PS4 version) when you purchase an Xbox One or PS4.

:xb1: Save $20 on either 12 months or 24 months of Xbox Live Gold with the purchase of any Xbox console.

:xb1: Save $10 on an Xbox One controller with the purchase of an Xbox One.

Titanfall ( :xb1:) - $49.99, ( :pc::360:) - $39.99

Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag ( :ps4::xb1:) - $49.99, ( :ps3::360:) - $29.99

Watch Dogs ( :360::ps3::pc:) - $39.99

*Any Xbox 360 or PS3 (regardless of model) will get a $50 coupon towards an Xbox One.

A 250GB 360 or Slim PS3 gets the $50 coupon as well as a $100 gift card that can also be used toward an Xbox One making that a minimum of $150.

GameStop (Ad)
Ends 8/5
18_t.gif
Get an extra $15 credit for every 2 PS4 or XB1 games traded-in

18_t.gif
Wolfenstein $39.99

:ps3: :360: WWE 2k4 $29.99

Kmart (Ad)
Thanks, LouieT - See original post

:xb1: :360: Titanfall $34.99

:ps4: :xb1: EA Sports UFC $44.99

:xb1: Buy any Xbox One console, get an Xbox One controller for $49.99

Shop Your Way members only:

:xb1: Buy an Xbox One witih Kinect for $499.99, get 50,000 bonus points, worth $50. Bonus points expire August 23.

Target (Ad)
Thanks, Beatles93 - See original post

icontarget.gif
Buy one gaming card get the second 25% off - available on all gaming cards (shows Microsoft, playstation and steam)

icontarget.gif
Save 30% on select titles (shows battlefield 4, Tianfall, Sims 3 starter pack, PvZ: Garden warfare and UFC) when you reserve an EA game for $1 (shows Madden 2015, sims 4, Battlefield: Hardline, Fifa 2015 and Dragon Age: Inquisition)

:xb1: Buy an Xbox One without Kinect for $399.99 and get a $50 dollar gift card
:xb1: :ps4: Battlefield 4 $49.99 :360: :ps3: $29.99

Thanks to freestufffinder.com

Toys R Us (Ad)
icontoysrus_r1.gif
All Skylanders Giants & Swapforce single characters 3 for $30
icontoysrus_r1.gif
OVER 50% OFF ALL Skylanders starter packs
:xb1: Save $20 on your 12-month Xbox Live subscription when you buy ANY Xbox game system

Walmart (Ad)

:xb1: Free year of Xbox Live with Xbox One stand alone console $399.99

Last edited by a moderator:
got 3 Xbox one copies for 5.80. No problems but bought some stuff with em to not make it obvious..tiv is pretty low so my friends and I are keeping em.

got 3 Xbox one copies for 5.80. No problems but bought some stuff with em to not make it obvious..tiv is pretty low so my friends and I are keeping em.
$5.80 each, right? Looks like Amazon has it for $24.73 currently. I'm going to try tomorrow. If you do the Wii U version and price match Amazon does it make the game $0 or give you overage? I know Walmart will actually give you change back if you use a coupon and the value is greater than the item..

The game will be free, but you pay $1 for the preorder. Also, the register may give a limit to the alllowed discount which still makes the item free anyways. So no money to you. Sorry ;(

$5.80 each, right? Looks like Amazon has it for $24.73 currently. I'm going to try tomorrow. If you do the Wii U version and price match Amazon does it make the game $0 or give you overage? I know Walmart will actually give you change back if you use a coupon and the value is greater than the item..
It has to be sold by Amazon though not someone else. I suppose if the employee doesn't notice or know much about their price matching policy you might get it for free but otherwise probably not.

Anyone know if the best buy xbox one coupon works on pre order systems?  Would love to use it on the madden 15 bundle.

Anyone know if the best buy xbox one coupon works on pre order systems? Would love to use it on the madden 15 bundle.
I am wondering the same. I have an extra 360 that I could trade in, but not really needing a Xbox One yet. Getting the extra game would make it more appealing.

Does anybody know if the $50 coupon for trading in xbox 360 at best buy will work towards the madden xbox one bundle? Or is there a promo code on the coupon for online orders or is it in store only?

I attempted to order the Madden Xbox One bundle in store using the coupon and the system would not allow the customer service rep to place a preorder.  The manager checked to see if it was in the preorder kiosk, but did not go to any further effort to help.  I left without buying anything, the coupon expires August 9.

Just to confirm: the 30% off works with a PM as well. PvZ: garden warfare are both $28-30 on Amazon and can be brought close to $20 each. I got PvZ for ~$21ish

I attempted to order the Madden Xbox One bundle in store using the coupon and the system would not allow the customer service rep to place a preorder. The manager checked to see if it was in the preorder kiosk, but did not go to any further effort to help. I left without buying anything, the coupon expires August 9.
Yeah, I'm starting to regret doing this.
Someone else tried to use the Mover's Coupon and couldn't, you can't pre order the Madden Bundle, and the coupon expires on Sat.
Might have to try to PM Targets deal, or maybe buy a console now and try to exchange it for the Madden Bundle on the 26th. I'm Elite, so I have 30 days.
Maybe they'll run another Deal of the Day with the One, and give away something before the end of the week.

I guess if you tried returning the console, you'd just lose out on the $50. Might have to double check that also.

Yeah, I'm starting to regret doing this.
Someone else tried to use the Mover's Coupon and couldn't, you can't pre order the Madden Bundle, and the coupon expires on Sat.
Might have to try to PM Targets deal, or maybe buy a console now and try to exchange it for the Madden Bundle on the 26th. I'm Elite, so I have 30 days.
Maybe they'll run another Deal of the Day with the One, and give away something before the end of the week.

I guess if you tried returning the console, you'd just lose out on the $50. Might have to double check that also.
So the 50 dollars off an x1 coupon for trading in expires the 9th?

I gave up on getting the Madden bundle after talking to customer service at a second store. I was able to use the Mover's coupon when checking out. I also went with the $20 off Xbox Live offer (which the coupon took off another $4)

So the 50 dollars off an x1 coupon for trading in expires the 9th?
Correct.

I gave up on getting the Madden bundle after talking to customer service at a second store. I was able to use the Mover's coupon when checking out. I also went with the $20 off Xbox Live offer (which the coupon took off another $4)

Correct.

So, you were able to use both the Movers Coupon and the $50 coupon from the trade ?

Got the last display copy of cod, flipped it right away along with infamous ss (already got platinum, will probably be on PS+ at some point) and put it toward diablo... Again.

So, you were able to use both the Movers Coupon and the $50 coupon from the trade ?
Yes. Using the suggestion of other CAGs, I had a second checkout item (a $15 Flash Drive that I needed). After the Xbox coupon applied, I handed him the Movers coupon "for the flash drive". The coupon was one of the newer coupons that took 10% off of everything on the order. I likely could have saved $5 more if I had used the 10% coupon first, but I felt using it second was less likely to be scrutinized by the sales rep.

Great, thanks Weagle. That's enough of a deal for me.
$40 off for Movers, $50 coupon, $110 trade makes it half off the console. Good enough for a second one.

Although, I will still try and exchange it for the Madden bundle when that comes out.

Did the Ghosts/Destiny Pre Order trick at Target last night for two copies.
Man that game has been good to me. I don't know how many cheap copies of that I've gotten in the past year to trade, give away to friends, or just keep myself. I still have that free Prestige Edition sealed and I think I'll just keep it that way.

thinking of trading in my PS3 to get the 150 credit for a X1 with kinnect and use a 10% moving coupon (are these at all US post office branches?

That's going to get me a X1 better than the black friday deals wouldn't you think?

jb

Black Friday is a wild card. Places like best buy could very well offer something like the Madden, Sunset overdrive or possible halo bundles with extra games like dead rising 3 or ryse or something like that for around $399 or one of those bundles with a $50 gift card.

They have done this trade offer before at best buy so i wouldnt be shocked to see it again.

Unless you really want to play something on X1 right now, id just wait.

Agree completely with this sentiment. I probably jumped the gun as there is no real game that anyone in my household was dying to play. Forza Horizon 2 and Sunset Overdrive are the earliest exclusives I'll be getting.

As for the movers coupon...At my USPS office, the movers packets were in a self help area with priority and express envelopes, others have had to ask for the packet at the counter. Check the packet before leaving as sometimes they have old/expired packets.

[quote name="Nilbog" post="11985452" timestamp="1407282213"]Just to confirm: the 30% off works with a PM as well. PvZ: garden warfare are both $28-30 on Amazon and can be brought close to $20 each. I got PvZ for ~$21ish[/quote]

Thanks! How do you go about asking for this?

I get denied or referred to the customer service desk

Thinking about buying this and swapping for the PS4 version, is this allowed?

So i just got back from trading in my 360 console. Basically I traded in a 250 s slim model with 3 controllers including a white one and got 130 dollars. Traded in 3 copies of wii u cod ghosts for 42 dollars more for a total of 172 credit on a gift card with a paper print out of the 50 dollars off an xbox 1 coupon separate. Went to buy my xbox 1 w/o kinect and a used copy of dead rising 3 which cost 40 dollars. At first the guy at the register read the 50 dollars off an x1 coupon and said that it couldnt be combined with any other offers since I wanted to use the movers 10% off coupon as well. Well after coaxing him into trying after telling him that I read online that it works he scanned it and indeed it did work. So my total was brought down from 478 ish i think to 382 after tax (I live in California). After my credit I walked out with an xbox one for 210 dollars.

Unfortunately the 50$ off xbox 1 coupon expires on the 9th basically Saturday. I casually tried to ask if they match gift card offers but I didn't pursue it after he said no. The cashier was the guy who also did my trade in and he was cool so I didn't want to be a dick and keep pushing it. I'm happy with what i got.

its very ymmv I was able to do 3 in one transaction earlier in the week at one store, basically if the clerk is a young person they usually don't give a fuck and will do whatever.  I've found older clerks get nervous about their job and ask for the manager if things look shady.

I had xbone, 360, & ps3 copies & a few groceries. The electronics employee's id number wouldn't let him price match so he called a woman up.

After PM to targets own website total was 71 for games. After groceries & cards it was 30 something. The woman goes "no hold on. Something's not right" then tells me I can have them this cheap & that she's going to manually add the $20 per game back to my total.

I told her to cancel my entire order & she got mad. Irate actually. She started complaining so I told get I wasn't going to spend money in a store where the cashier refuses to let me pay what I owe & states she is going to manually charge me more. Lol.

All in all. I wasted 2 hours & about 4 gallons of gas in my truck for this. Not happy

It especially sucks since its the only target anywhere near me, so I'm screwed on any good deals like mext weeks target special

Black Friday is a wild card. Places like best buy could very well offer something like the Madden, Sunset overdrive or possible halo bundles with extra games like dead rising 3 or ryse or something like that for around $399 or one of those bundles with a $50 gift card.

They have done this trade offer before at best buy so i wouldnt be shocked to see it again.

Oh they most definitely will have better deals and bundles on black friday, but I doubt they will also be offering $150 trade in for consoles at the same time. It more or less comes down to whether or not you need to offload you console while the trade in value is high.

I wonder though, how long do they give you to return the console? Might be able to hold on to it long enough to exchange it for one of the new bundles.

Doesn't show up online but Batman Origins is $21.99 in store.  Would be $17.59 with GCU. 

Funny thing is that it shows up $29.99 online and get this...comes with the Steelbook Collector's Case, which was originally a pre order bonus.  Maybe they have an overstock of the cases? 

[quote name="inkcil" post="11988423" timestamp="1407382673"]Doesn't show up online but Batman Origins is $21.99 in store. Would be $17.59 with GCU.

Funny thing is that it shows up $29.99 online and get this...comes with the Steelbook Collector's Case, which was originally a pre order bonus. Maybe they have an overstock of the cases? [/quote]
I ordered it for ps3 when I was deal of the day in July for $15.99 w/ gcu and they send the Steelbook case with it. So it does ship.

I ordered it for ps3 when I was deal of the day in July for $15.99 w/ gcu and they send the Steelbook case with it. So it does ship.
Ok thanks man b/c they had no idea in store when I asked about the Steelbook. Wish I could get the $21.99 base sale price online but no deal.

Just to confirm: the 30% off works with a PM as well. PvZ: garden warfare are both $28-30 on Amazon and can be brought close to $20 each. I got PvZ for ~$21ish
This is good to know, really tempted on picking this game up now.

I had xbone, 360, & ps3 copies & a few groceries. The electronics employee's id number wouldn't let him price match so he called a woman up.

After PM to targets own website total was 71 for games. After groceries & cards it was 30 something. The woman goes "no hold on. Something's not right" then tells me I can have them this cheap & that she's going to manually add the $20 per game back to my total.

I told her to cancel my entire order & she got mad. Irate actually. She started complaining so I told get I wasn't going to spend money in a store where the cashier refuses to let me pay what I owe & states she is going to manually charge me more. Lol.

All in all. I wasted 2 hours & about 4 gallons of gas in my truck for this. Not happy
It especially sucks since its the only target anywhere near me, so I'm screwed on any good deals like mext weeks target special
That's how ymmv deals work.

[quote name="stev0n" post="11988144" timestamp="1407374383"]I had xbone, 360, & ps3 copies & a few groceries. The electronics employee's id number wouldn't let him price match so he called a woman up.

It especially sucks since its the only target anywhere near me, so I'm screwed on any good deals like mext weeks target special[/quote]
I recommend doing 1 game at a time, what you did kinda looked suspicious by buying 3 of the same game, and the total discount was really large.

Some store are better than others. I visited 3 target in my area, turn down on 1 and got 2 copy of ghost each for xbox one from the other store. The store that turned me down I only grab one copy of ghost and 4 google card $20 per. Needless to say I did not get those card at that target either.

The key with not getting denied on price match plus the preorder cards at Target is not to be too obvious. I think trying to buy multiple copies of PS4 and XB1 COD in one shot counts as obvious. Last time I did maybe two games per transaction at the most.

I just came home from a store, and they actually called the manager. He was cool as hell and said It's no problem we will honor it. I was able to grab 3 copies for X1 without a problem. 

Best Buy question:

For in-store pick-up, do you get charged at time of online purchase, or once you go pick-up the item?

I want to do an instore pickup order online to nab some extra Sony Rewards bonus points, but also want to trade in my PS3 for the extra $150 towards an Xbox one.

[quote name="stev0n" post="11988144" timestamp="1407374383"]I had xbone, 360, & ps3 copies & a few groceries. The electronics employee's id number wouldn't let him price match so he called a woman up.

It especially sucks since its the only target anywhere near me, so I'm screwed on any good deals like mext weeks target special[/quote]4 gallons are you kidding me how far away is your target

Anyone know if BB will PM the target B1G25% off game cards deal? I want to get FFXIV game time, but target doesnt carry it.

bread's done
Back