Sunday VG Ads 11/4-11/10 - CC VF5 (360) $40, COD4 (360) w/free COD3 and more

heyheyhey11

CAGiversary!
im typing on my iphone so its tough to type everything but i just saw newxt weeks cc sales and i see virtuafighter 5 for 360 is listed at 39.99

It a good thing i waited

Tomb raider anniversary for 360 is 30

Very excited and freaked out

CheapyD's Picks
Best Buy
:360:Save $20 when you buy COD4 and the Wireless Headset
:360:F.E.A.R Files w/$10 gift card $49.99

Circuit City
:360:Virtua Fighter 5 $39.99
:360:Call of Duty 4 w/Free Call of Duty 3 $59.99
:360:Tomb Raider Anniversary $29.99
:360:Timeshift w/$10 gift card $59.99
:360:Wireless Controller $39.99 (Black, White)
:pc:Gears of War $39.99

Target
:360::ps3:Call of Duty 4 w/$5 gift card $59.99

THe clerk told me that I can not mix and match COD4 for 360 and get COD3 for PS3. Has anyone else tried this and got it to work?

[quote name='gantt']First location, no COD3 left, they claimed (supposedly they had some at 2:00) but they gave me COD2 free.

Second location, they said they had no COD3 left, either, but I found one on the shelf. They said they had 3 to begin with. No way to run a nationally advertised promo, I'd think they'd have at least 15-20 per store, if not more. They're not laptops, after all.

Anyway:
COD4, COD3, and COD2 for $20 each
or
COD4 and COD2 for $15 each

Which would you do? Is COD3 worth $30?[/quote]
Call Of Duty 2 >>> Call Of Duty 3

2 stores said they would NOT give rainchecks because CC does "not do that" and I called the 1800 number and they didnt have any copies of either, and would not offer me a raincheck either...wtf. I am about ready to cancel my CC credit card. If you advertise, they will come, so for the love of christ, have some in stock! AGGHH

So get this; I went to CC today around 12pm to pick up COD4. I had stopped by the night before and purchased COD3 so I would have it. I returned COD 3 and then had them ring me up for the package...

There was some sort of glitch and the register was only charging me $30 for both games! The girl at the register tried to fix it, but there was a huge line growing. After about 10 mintues of messing with the resgister she got fed up and told me that it was my lucky day!

CC only charged me $30 and I got COD 3 and COD4!! Hell of a deal!

To make matters even better, the COD3 that I received was the gold edition that contains the free extra multiplayer maps!

I love you CC!

[quote name='relic5279']So get this; I went to CC today around 12pm to pick up COD4. I had stopped by the night before and purchased COD3 so I would have it. I returned COD 3 and then had them ring me up for the package...

There was some sort of glitch and the register was only charging me $30 for both games! The girl at the register tried to fix it, but there was a huge line growing. After about 10 mintues of messing with the resgister she got fed up and told me that it was my lucky day!

CC only charged me $30 and I got COD 3 and COD4!! Hell of a deal!

To make matters even better, the COD3 that I received was the gold edition that contains the free extra multiplayer maps!

I love you CC![/QUOTE]

Yeah there was a whole thread about this.

Went to my local CC, they didnt get any cod4 in today but the cust service clerk just handed me a $20 GC right on the spot, didnt even ask for one. I had also bought cod3 on saturday to price adjust today, im holding on to that for a few days and see if my CC gets any cod4's in. Anyway ended up picking up my reserved copy at my local GC, if I end up getting it at CC and get cod3 or a $10 gc from BK coupon, ill return my sealed cod4 copy to GC and still have gotten to play the game today. I know its not morally right but GC is not technically losing anything since they had no copies of the game left for anyone. anyway, anyone end up getting cod3 free as well as use the $10gc from BK coupon to work? just wanna know, cuz now id rather take the GC and use it to get mass effect. btw efff... CC!

I did the same thing. Went at lunch, and they weren't selling until 2pm, so I bought COD 3 after reading your suggestions, seemed the way to go.

Went back at 3:30, and returned it and bought COD 4 and the girl rang it up and gave me both games for $30.

Unbelievable. And luckily I bout one of the 7 COD 3's they had at lunchtime, because when I got there the girl said they were totally out and customers got mad.

And I know it sucks to do that to other gamers, but if CC is gonna run a promo like that they should get a hefty stock of the free game.

So I don't mind screwing them outta $30.

Thanks for all the tips.

More CC crappiness.

Went there @ 3:15... wasn't out yet.. come back later...

Came back @ 5:15 ish none left, sorry get lost.

My friend was pretty annoyed and gave the manager a talking to about having enough stock of the free item when you toss it in the circular. Manager said its assumed while supplies last so ES&D (me adlibbing it of course)

Went over to best buy. Manager is like awesome deal. We'll price match that. Go to the shelves. Sorry guys, don't have either game.

So I will try another best buy, sears, etc for the price match.

----

Edit:

I thought it was funny how the CC customer service person was genuinly pissed that I didn't want the game w/ out the free game. Rolling her eyes, etc.

Also... what is this Speedy incident? I'm very new to the forums so could someone explain it to me? Thanks

Another craptastic CC Promotion!

I went to two CCs around 1ish. Both didn't have CoD4 but as I was browing the shelves I saw plenty of CoD 3. I didn't give it much thought and thought I would grab it when I returned. Tonight I got the idea to try again, I called the store and indeed they had CoD4 now..Great. I show up and they had no CoD3 left! I asked for a raincheck and both managers told me that they wouldn't offer it because the flyer said "until supplies last". Whatever. This is just the same tease as the 2 for 1 Xbox live cards in July. They put this stuff in add and never are able to back it up with sufficient quantities. I bought a copy of CoD4 but will return it next sunday if I can't find a copy of Call of Duty 3.

My circuitcity said that the deal only works with "regular" version of COD3 while I have both platinum and gold edition in hand. I tried to argue with her for 20 minutes and got pretty angry in the end. I think I won't shop there for some time.

Bad experience for me as well: I live 30 miles from CC, but was driving home from Atlanta and passed one and bought COD 3 to return and rebuy w/ CO4. The poor girl helping me yesterday would have sold me COD 4 if she could find the box of games...

I called CC today at about 1 pm and asked when they will be putting COD 4 out. The guy said they're already out. I asked do you still have any of the COD 3 left in stock to get free with the deal in the ad...he told me that "we're not doing that"....I asked what do you mean you're not doing that?--it's in your ad...

I got frustrated and didn't waste the time to drive up there. However, Mom and dad were driving back from vacation and stopped at another CC on the way right at 2 PM....CC told her they didn't have the games in...but she was persistent and they found them after about 45 min.....they rang her up and with the glitch...got COD 4 and COD 3 for $30...worked out in the end I guess

After the way CC refused to let me get COD 3 and the mess I had on Sunday to get Virtua Fighter and Tomb Raider, I am tired of going to Circuit City. They never have any of their free offers and you have to fight with an employee to get a correct price on a sales item. I really have no idea how my Circuit City is still in business.

Showed up at CC around 2:15. After waiting about 30 minutes for a "delayed" shipment to appear (I think it was more "I'm too lazy to get this from the back right now"), customer service rings me up for both COD3 and COD4.

The sweet part was...

COD4 rang up as 0.00 and COD3 rang up as $29.99. I didn't realize this on my receipt until just a few mintues ago. So...I'll take COD3 back sometime next week for a refund or put the $30 bucks towards another game.

I should have posted in this thread instead of the other thread, but here it is anyway (another bad anecdote on CC with a happy ending).

-

What a nightmare, the asshats in CC is astounding.

Went to CC #1, sorry we don't have COD4 (but had a few COD 3's. I planned ahead and hid 1 copy of COD3 among Gamecube games! ;)

Goes to CC #2, have plenty of COD4, but no COD3 in sight.

Grrrr... Went back to CC #1 a few hours later. Cashier refuse to let me buy COD4 with COD3 (untouched in the Gamecube rack). She said I must buy COD4 LE to get it. I was like WTF, it does not say that in the flyer. Call the manager over, he spew the same BS to me. I said he is making stuff up and he said no. I told him to show me where it says I have to buy the LE, he points to the free poster which is not part of LE. He won't budge. At this point I was about to blow a gasket. So I decide to just buy COD3 hoping I can go back to #2 store and do a return/rebuy.

Went back to CC #2 and waited almost 1/2 hour in the customer service line and the guy there was super nice. Did a return and rebuy COD4 with the COD3.

So 5 subway trips and 2.5 hours later, I have COD4 and COD3 Gold Edition. Whew!!

Well, shoot, I drove all around town today between and after classes, and the first two stores were out of COD3. (Or, in the case of the first store, they kept both games behind CS and someone kinda "line-jumped"; long story, not worth telling, confusing.) I finally wound up on the other side of town where I used to work, since the second store said they should have 7. I went to customer service, and they had 3 held, probably for the rare few who preordered. Turns out their UPS guy (apparently this game didn't come on a regular truck) was late, so COD4... If it isn't one thing, it's another... So I bought COD3 anyway to return/rebuy elsewhere. (BTW, the shelf tag where it should have been says Reg/Gold, and the receipt shows the Gold UPC number despite it being the Reg I bought).

I went over to the Best Buy I used to work, and they miraculously PM'd for me. She already knew the offer before pointing it out in the ad, so looks like it was green-lit earlier in the day. They didn't have any of the ones with on-pack Behind Enemy Lines DVDs, but there were some put next to the game as probably a roll-your-own deal promo SKU as is sometimes done. I neglected to bring one with me when making my attempt at PM-ing, but I'll just uncharacteristicaly let it go. This is the Waterford Lakes/UCF (Orlando, FL) location for those who care to try.

I then went ahead and returned COD3 to the CC so I wouldn't have to deal with it later.

Then I come home and read about this glitch?!?!?! Boo-urns. I'm a sad panda. Eh, maybe it'll be in effect later this week, and the other stores might re-stock on COD3. One can hope.

EDIT: Looked for the thread, couldn't find it, assumed it was in the Graveyard. Yep. Or only quasi-Dead-ish, by the looks of things.

I don't know how the hell any of you got this deal for $30 for both or even just COD4. I was at CC at 3:15pm, and they not only were out of COD3, they wouldn't sell COD4 @ $29.99. I talked to 2 managers and the one told me "you could have had both at $29.99 had you been here 45 minutes ago!" and laughed. How the fuck do you tell a customer that? "we fixed it in our system after we noticed it wasn't ringing up right" to which I said "Do you ever have any promotions that actually ring up correctly to begin with? I've been here 10 times this year, and on 9 of those nothing rang up correctly and required manager overrides." He looked at me quite bemused. fuck 'em. The Circuit City closest to me is an absolute sack of shit...it's run worse than the BB right by it, and that store is, I swear, the worst BB in the country.

Seeing some of the difficulties both here and a couple of other boards (DVDtalk, etc) that people have had with CC on their promotions makes me wonder why I even bother going to the fucking store to begin with. There was the guitar hero fiasco earlier this year, then the XBL $20 off points cards fiasco. various DVDs that never ring correctly, now COD4. I really don't think that anyone at Circuit City corporate has any idea how their stores are actually being run, and if they do, then they are really trying to drive that company into the ground.

I did't buy COD4 today but I was going to Pick up Gears for the Pc. I get to the PC section, I see none. THe Employee told me they are holding them in C.S. I am running around the place for the game, and they are telling me they don't have any. Last time I worked in retail we usually get systems and games a week before. I know this because I sold a PS2 a week before, and unpacked many games a week before release.

[quote name='dipset121']I hope I can get this deal tomorrow[/quote]

You're joking, right? I mean, a shitload of COD3 will show up on Sunday morning at CCs across the nation, just like the 1600pt live cards - literally the day after the promotion ends.

[quote name='Ronin317']You're joking, right? I mean, a shitload of COD3 will show up on Sunday morning at CCs across the nation, just like the 1600pt live cards - literally the day after the promotion ends.[/quote]

yea im dead serious why wouldn't I be

[quote name='dipset121']yea im dead serious why wouldn't I be[/QUOTE]

CC has lost touch, they advertise great deals but they seem to always fail at delivering. I'm not heading to CC for any more deals.. screw them. I got to CC today at 3pm, they had tons of COD4 they said they didn't have any COD3s.. thanks for advertising a real shitty deal!!!! Make me drive all the way to the store only to find out they never intended on giving away COD3. I'm sticking with BB at least when they advertise a deal they actually stock it!

CC is a fucking store toolbox!

"What a nightmare, the asshats in CC is astounding." .......I agree!

I called CC cs to see if my store had anything. They said call back 2pm. They said they would call me back too! They didnt call.

I show up at 3PM with my kid and guess what ??? they ran out of COD3 & the poster 40min ago. F'in Posers. They put COD4 down and rang it up like there was never a Sunday add deal in the first place. I almost slapped him with it.

I waited in line 10 min to talk to the 250lb manager. Sweating it out - Hoping they still have COD4 when I get back in the other line.

I told him, I can pay regular price anywhere, there are 4 video game stores on the same block, 3 more 1/2 mile away ... Blah Blah Blah.
The manager said pick a different $30 game ... Blah Blah Blah

I think I'm happy now. Still pissed though!

ps - you couldnt pre-order an instore pickup on this item. The guy in front of me Bought COD4 @ $60 with no extras. While I was paying, a store worker was hiding games behind the register. She also dropped one in her shopping bag.

So as usual, CC has no COD3. But they made up for it.

They said that if you purchase COD4, you can also buy another 360 game with $30 off. So I picked up COD4 and Naruto for $30.

Got both games for $45 each. Not a bad deal since I wasn't interested with COD3 at all.

i was just in best buy in nyc and picked up a call of duty 4 which included a seperate disk of behind enemy lines for only 60 bucks. yes. can u belive. so go to best buy and pick it up:lol: :applause: :D :D

[quote name='Shimrra']which best buy did you buy it from?[/QUOTE]

How about ANY OF THEM. Since it's in their ad and already covered in a separate thread. Yes, you get "Behind Enemy Lines" free with the purchase of either the 360 or PC version. However, no one seems to care because it got overshadowed by the free copy of COD3 that Circuit City was giving away with the game.

bought cod3 gold yesterday and brought it in today to price adjust and get cod 4. the line and everything was dealt with pretty poorly... people were just milling around the registers until about 1:45 when the cashiers arbitrarily decided to sell a couple copies, then stopped when a customer complained that they were selling it early. which really confused me, who would complain about being sold a game early? anyways, managed to use the bk coupon (csr had to manually give me a gift card though, he kept saying the coupon was worded wrong and would only work on accessories and not games but since he was so nice hed just do it for me... i just nodded my head and shrugged) and so got cod 4 + cod 3 + 10 gift card for 50. not too shabby.

Went to my local Circuit City in Tustin, CA today around 2:30. They didn't have copies of COD3, so one worker said that I would get a $25 dollar gift card instead of COD3 free. When I got to the customer service register where they had all the copies of COD4, the woman didn't know what I was talking about (she was younger) so she went to ask the guy that talked to me. They ended up just charging me $34.99 for COD4 instead of the gift card. Worked out well for me since I didn't really want COD3.

I couldn't find a best buy with both games either. One CC I called said they didn't get any yesterday but the others did(but when I called none of them had COD 4 except one that obviously didn't have COD 3). I got to the store at 3pm and a guy in line told me that the first two people got gift cards and no one else got anything. Whats the logic there, everyone else will be so happy that the first people to show up caught a break that we'd forget it was a wasted trip? Would be nice if they had some sort of rule they had to follow when these promotions happen and the games aren't in stock.

Circuit City blows my mind. I don't understand how they can roll out a national campaign with what seems like 2 games in each store. They didn't have COD4,3, or any helpful service. When I asked when they might get more, the guy says, "I dunno. Maybe next Tues." NEXT TUESDAY?!?! Good, right in time for their next fabulous deal! Thank you, CC Las Vegas, you've been great. You rank right up there with CrapUSA. kudos.

I got to my local CC at 2:05 and they were out of COD3 of course. I asked could I get a rain check, gift card? Shot down. My CC sucks so hard I'm never going there again.

Tried BB they didnt have any COD3's, which sucks cause their normally cool with the price matches.

I only got to use my 10% off reward zone coupon.

If the game wasn't so good I would be pissed

Yea. They couldn't promise anything they offered. Not enough CoD3 to go around.. and no posters either. I'm not falling for this again.

went to 2 CCs last night and CoD3 was gone at one store (employee said it sold out in 10 minutes) and another store didn't even have CoD4 yet. friggin blows. i'm gonna reorder the CE version from amazon since CC changed the site to only offer CoD3 with the regular edition now.

I was afraid of what might happen if I showed up on tuesday expecting to find COD3 on the shelves. I've had trouble at this store before with getting them to correct purchase prices, so I didn't pick one up for later. instead, I went in on sunday and hid 3 out of their 15 or so copies in various places.

of course, upon arriving yesterday at ~2:05, the shelves had been completely ransacked, with no one in line at the register and not so mysteriously, no COD3 to be found anywhere. I lucked out with the absolute last copy on the shelf that I'd hidden (in the original xbox section, no less)... who knows if I would've had any luck arriving just a few minutes later.

Showed up yesterday shortly after 2 PM, not really expecting any luck. They didn't have any copies of VF. However, they had one copy left of CoD3 (Non-GH, Non-Gold), which I bundled with CoD4. Lucked out on being able to find a copy, though I didn't get the poster that supposedly came along with it.

I have to say that the people working at the two Circuit Cities I went to were friendly and helpful, but it seems as though these new releases are always chaotic. (At least the ones I'm interested in).

I went to one CC at opening hoping by chance they'd sell COD4 early, but no luck. The truck hadn't arrived. So I ended up at another CC about 1:30, saw one last copy of COD3 Gold, grabbed it and joined at least three other guys wandering the store like zombies waiting for 2.

When 2 finally came and the line got longer, the people at customer service seemed to be taken by surprise. They didn't know about the free game. They didn't know about the poster. And every transaction took about seven minutes.

Again, everyone working there was friendly and tried to be helpful, but it just seems like there was no plan and no one was in charge.

On a side note, I feel bad for those who couldn't find COD3 at their stores. Mine had a case of COD3 behind the customer service counter, so that when someone bought COD4, the employee picked up one of each and rang them up. (Of course, that still took seven minutes, but still).

The stupid nigger at the Circuit City I went to yesterday afternoon basically told me they didn't know when they were going to get COD4.

They had 1, count 'em, ONE copy of COD3 on the shelves, which I promptly hid.

Anyone know if they were supposed to give out a $24 gift card or something for not having COD4 by 2 pm? Also, what about that guy that reported getting not only COD3 for free, but also COD4 for half price?

Is that glitch still working? Dude had a pic of his receipt and everything. I can't find that thread.

Went to Circuit City in Santa Monica, but (as expected) they didn't have any copies of CoD3. I can't believe a few lucked out with gift cards!!!!:applause:

Went home somewhat disappointed (I didn't really want CoD3 badly, another WWII FPS), printed out a 10% coupon at EB and went to my local EB. I waited line, and asked for a copy when it was my turn and was promptly told that they didn't have any copies if I didn't pre-order. So obnoxious. Can't believe EB still does this.

I guess scamming people out selling back their games is so lucrative, they don't need to take care of new game buyers.

My work of hidding a few copies of CoD3 on Monday paid off. Just picked up CoD4 with the final copy of CoD3 in the store. I also helped out another guy who looking for CoD3 and gave him my second hidden copy.

Also used a $10 gift card. So I got CoD3 and CoD4 for $50!!!!

[quote name='FxhoundADAM']My work of hidding a few copies of CoD3 on Monday paid off. Just picked up CoD4 with the final copy of CoD3 in the store. I also helped out another guy who looking for CoD3 and gave him my second hidden copy.

Also used a $10 gift card. So I got CoD3 and CoD4 for $50!!!![/QUOTE]

Where did you hide it? I hid mine in a stack of shitty Gamecube games, LOL.

[quote name='paean']Where did you hide it? I hid mine in a stack of shitty Gamecube games, LOL.[/quote]I hid one behind the massive stack of Neruto games in the 360 section but the Gold edition version I hid behind Tomb Raider Legends for the origional Xbox. The case is still the same color and I figured fewer people would happen apon that one if they really wanted CoD3. Oddly enough someon picked up one of the Tomb Raiders and my "hidden copy" was right out in the open.

Good thing I went at lunch to get the game.

On a side note, COD4 is fantastic so far, I'm about 30 mins in. The night vision goggles, the ability to use a knife in close situations, the quick changing to a pistol if your out of ammo, all really cool innovations to the series, and the opening play on the boat is incredible, get this game!

[quote name='bassec']I got the deal as intended...not bad CC, not bad at all.[/quote]Agreed. Pretty sweet deal, I just feel bad on everyone who missed out due to an unprepared CC.

[quote name='FxhoundADAM']Agreed. Pretty sweet deal, I just feel bad on everyone who missed out due to an unprepared CC.[/QUOTE]

This is a Week long Sale, They better get more in the stores & online!

O, and I love how they charge people $60 and dont even tell them about a free game & poster deal. WTF CC ??

bread's done
Back