Super CAG Fighter Thread XXIIII - The New Challengers Turbo

Status
Not open for further replies.
A pic I took of my TV for an ad:

478b_1.JPG

Lili looks like she just huffed gas.

I totally agree that 300 ruled.

And I learned today that I can only play through arcade mode in Tekken one time per sitting. Anything beyond that will only lead to either a broken a hand or controller or something. But I did get the one guy I'm "good" with to 6th Kyu. I seriously need to learn these guys names...

[quote name='Ahadi']I totally agree that 300 ruled.

And I learned today that I can only play through arcade mode in Tekken one time per sitting. Anything beyond that will only lead to either a broken a hand or controller or something. But I did get the one guy I'm "good" with to 6th Kyu. I seriously need to learn these guys names...[/QUOTE]

if you don't know names, just post pictures of them and we can tell you who they are ;)

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']if you don't know names, just post pictures of them and we can tell you who they are ;)[/QUOTE]

That won't work at all! How can I find a picture of something I don't know the name of! :lol: Naw, I'll post his name tomorrow when I decide to get my blood pumping... I mean play Tekken.

But seriously, the biggest mistake made with Tekken was not keeping your fighter's name in the top left corner under your life bar. As far as I'm concerned, all my fighters are named "Dtrain".

My computer is broken *tear*

It seriously got owned by a power surge (even though it was on a surge protector) so it's probably just the power source, but waiting for Claim Papers from my electric company sucks.

Anyway, Chacrana and the rest of the PC heads please check out the thread I'm about to post in PC gaming, and help me out. I'd appreciate it.

PS: I went out to dinner at like 2 AM tonight and some crazy ass dude got beat down by the cops and threw over a table, before getting maced twice and handcuffed right in front of us. Shit was SO crazy.

PPS: His pants fell down about halfway through his tussle with the 5 cops. I saw his naked ass haha.

PPPS: It sounds pretty gay but his Spatch hair was like down to his knees. That shit seriously had to be a Guinness record.

OT: Tekken Rulez d00dz!

If you wanna rank up fast just get to first dan then play your same rank and win 3 in a row and you'll rank up. :)

Beginner - 1st dan = doesn't matter what rank you fight against as long as you keep winning you'll rank up.

http://sdtekken.com/t5dr/rankings/

:)

And shameless plug #100003498932

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8YIlldvVfk[/media]

[quote name='jimfoley16']PS: I went out to dinner at like 2 AM tonight and some crazy ass dude got beat down by the cops and threw over a table, before getting maced twice and handcuffed right in front of us. Shit was SO crazy.[/QUOTE]dinner that late better be sum muhfuggin mexican food

or jack n the box... I guess...

I mean, 2am aint that late yet...

okay.. i just got back home from seeing 300 after MUCH anticipation and after hearing MUCH praise from my friends..

and.. eh.

the action and visual effects were awesome, no doubt.. but jeez, it's just a 2 hour long fight scene. i feel like i want my 10 dollars back.

being a comic aficionado, i guess i was kind of hoping for the best, but i guess i gave it too much hype in my own mind. i guess i shouldn't be all that surprised.. sin city had a lot more source material to work with.

but i kept thinking how cool it would be if there was a fighting game with some of the different characters/soldiers.. and xerxes makes me think of urien for some reason..

[quote name='jimfoley16']Style in this instance meaning character design... it's like the creators were like, let's have generic karate guy, generic american(spikey hair,flamboyant style), generic black dude(big, muscular, seemingly unintelligent), generic ninja, generic old man, generic wrestler, generic monk character, generic oriental girl... That's just my opinion though, you're welcome to disagree.[/quote]

I've been saying that for years.

They finally started to realize the importance of aesthetics and design in VF4 though. I don't care how "great" a game is. If you have no style with that substance you'll be doomed to niche status. Vice-versa as well. There is a reason that there is a big difference in gameplay from DOA1 to DOA2. They knew bouncing boobs will only go so far. Same with character design from VF3 to VF4. There is a reason Sarah looks more like Nina now.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128790

[quote name='Sarang01']Anyone here know if "Fate Stay/Night" (Realta Nua) on the PS2 is going to be a Fighter?[/QUOTE]

It's not.

fuck. Just bloody well kill me. Have you seen the Anime?! It would be a great fighter. What a waste. I'm going to nag the Type Moon Project until they consider it.

[quote name='Sarang01']fuck. Just bloody well kill me. Have you seen the Anime?! It would be a great fighter. What a waste. I'm going to nag the Type Moon Project until they consider it.[/QUOTE]

Waiting for more of the US DVDs to come out before I get started on that show. I think there's only 2 out, so there's a ways to go and I know I'll be annoyed by the wait between discs if I start too early.

Okay, so my dad's trip to Japan didn't finish off my list of imports, but it did net me:

IMG_0910.jpg

IMG_0911.jpg

IMG_0912.jpg

Can you guess which one doesn't belong?

I'll also be picking up Fatal Fury Achives 2 and SamShow in a couple weeks. Let me know how Ultimate Jump Superstars is. I never played the first one but was thinking about picking this one up.

Real Bout 2 Nuff said:

rbff2andy-1.gif

rbff2andy-2.gif

rbff2andy-3.gif

rbff2andy-4.gif

[quote name='Sarang01']I'm surprised you didn't have him bag any SMT stuff for you.[/QUOTE]

Well I've already got all the SMT games that I need. The only thing I'd want him to pick up from that would be Persona 3 Fes, but that's coming out here in June so it's pointless.

Geez, you don't come into the threads for a couple days and there's a new fighter thread every time. It's good that this is the best thread in the world but bad that I've gotta go searching for it everytime I'm away for a few days.

Awesome combo video MarkMan.

Question for any gumball stick owners.

I recently acquired a used Agetec Dreamcast stick ("The Green Goblin"). The top and bottom part of the metal stick are ok, but it has some weird dirt in-between. At first I thought it was rust, but it wasn't orange. More like brown/black and I can't seem to get it off.

Anyone know what it might be?

Thanks for taking the time to check it out :) !

It's rust/wear on the metal panel.... it happens to Hori sticks too... specifically the old Real Arcade Line (TTT/SC II/T4/T3/T2 Namco stick)...

Jimfoley-- that takedown sounds pretty epic. I never get to see crazy shit like that :lol:

only thing like that I've seen was when I saw an undercover cop busting some guy at a gas station. It was fucking nuts-- he was this middle aged, balding guy in a velour suit pointing a gun and screaming at the guy, who was on the ground with his hands on his head. My friends and I thought he was a psychopath and were very freaked out, being 13 at the time. He finally pulled out his badge and explained what the hell was going on.

OT: ouch, the buttons on the Tekken stick worked with a USB adapter, but not the stick :(

[quote name='MarkMan']Thanks for taking the time to check it out :) !

It's rust/wear on the metal panel.... it happens to Hori sticks too... specifically the old Real Arcade Line (TTT/SC II/T4/T3/T2 Namco stick)...[/QUOTE]

It's a great video. If I have the money I might hit up the Tekken tourney going on @ Sunnyvale Golfland. You and Kristianator are going to be there right?

So the wear is normal? Is there anyway to get rid of it, or should I just let it be?

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']I'll also be picking up Fatal Fury Achives 2 and SamShow in a couple weeks. Let me know how Ultimate Jump Superstars is. I never played the first one but was thinking about picking this one up.

Real Bout 2 Nuff said:

rbff2andy-1.gif

rbff2andy-2.gif

rbff2andy-3.gif

rbff2andy-4.gif
[/quote]

Hehe.

Innuendo is quite entertaining indeed. :lol:

[quote name='MarkMan']And shameless plug #100003498932

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8YIlldvVfk[/QUOTE]ah~!!! how do u do that xiaoyu combo the second????

I don't kno how to do that backflip, and I dont even kno that the u/f+1+2 can leave u in RDS stance...

furthermore I cant see what move u did after the backflip.. it looks like a low kick...

Markman-- nice vid!

Jekki-- f,f+both kicks for the backflip. if you land flush with the other guy's head, she lands on their shoulder and punches their face...lots of damage on that one.

[quote name='JEKKI']ah~!!! how do u do that xiaoyu combo the second????

I don't kno how to do that backflip, and I dont even kno that the u/f+1+2 can leave u in RDS stance...

furthermore I cant see what move u did after the backflip.. it looks like a low kick...[/QUOTE]

JEKKI: u/f+1+2~B, RDS f,f+3+4, RDS d+3,2, RDS 2, RDS 2~(2),1 is the notation for that combo...

--

Apossum: thanks! So far there are only 2-3 convertors that work with arcade sticks for the PS3... and they only sell them in Japan. One of them is by Sanwa Supply and the other two are made by Elecom.

Just hang in there, in April Pelican will be releasing a lag free convertor that not only enables you to use PS2/PS1 controllers/sticks on the PS3, but also for your PS2/PS1 games. A friend of mine works for Pelican and he confirmed no lag.

The slight, SLIGHT, lag on the current adapters that work with arcade sticks make me sad. I mean 2-3 frames might not seem like much. But that's a shitload too much for me.

Got these off someone on another forum...

416403131_62b316c4ca.jpg

Hori Fighting Stick 3 casing...

Will use in conjunction with these...

416402617_4bb92869a4.jpg

Misc Sanwa/Seimitsu parts...

:) :) :)

Hopefully I'll have some nice new pics in a few days...

And... hopefully I'll finally get my Virtua Stick High Grade...

[quote name='GuilewasNK']There is a reason Nina looked like Sarah to begin with.[/quote]

Fixed.

Didn't anybody read my post about VF not including the fantasy and sci-fi elements you guys are mistaking for style?

[quote name='MarkMan']
416402617_4bb92869a4.jpg

Misc Sanwa/Seimitsu parts...[/quote]

deeyamn, oh no u didnt~!!!

I just did a real horrible thing this morning, I added my credit card to my paypal account.

now my spending power is that much more powerful, and I think I may be in the mood to soon waste me sum scrilla on sanwa parts and bathing apes

anyway thankx for the notation, but I can't do it on PSP :( I need a stick...

[quote name='B:L']This is not markman.

And that youtube video didn't work for me. Malformed ID? :hot:

As for Fate Stay Night...

020506dru_saberdojo.jpg

We could always hope for a doujin game like Melty Blood. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Wait, did you photoshop that or is it the real PS2 Fate coming? Too bad it won't be coming out on the 360. If it was then I could play against MarkMan and Chacrana.

[quote name='Darkside Hazuki']Fixed.

Didn't anybody read my post about VF not including the fantasy and sci-fi elements you guys are mistaking for style?[/QUOTE]

Why don't you consider "fantasy and sci-fi elements" as style.

I'm super addicted to VF4 evo. It's like crack, once I start playing I'm not leaving that T.V. for another hour or so.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Why don't you consider "fantasy and sci-fi elements" as style.[/quote]

On the contrary, I do. I'm simply saying that VF is no less stylized without those things, and should not be critqued as such.

Thusly. ;)

[quote name='Darkside Hazuki']On the contrary, I do. I'm simply saying that VF is no less stylized without those things, and should not be critqued as such.

Thusly. ;)[/QUOTE]

Gottcha and agreed.

BTW out of curiosity who does everyone use in VF? I'm training hard with Lei Fei, the monk. If anyone has any tips on using him I'd apperciate it. I was using Akira but some of his moves are a bit hard to pull off 100% of the time. Especially his Knee Bash, the one where you have to release G after 1 frame. I'm guessing it's probably easier to do with a stick, along with most of his moves.

Hey guys, I like opinions. You know this. Hell, I don't even think for myself any more it seems. So I want yall's opinions on this:

Should I hook up the HT setup I'm getting to my PC with nice monitor, or my nice TV with the gaming stuff? I'm playing a shitload of games on both the PC and the consoles... but here's where it gets complex: I have my DVD player hooked up to the TV, so it'd be nice to watch stuff with surround sound, but my parents already have an HT setup for the big screen in our basement which we're replacing this summer... so it's not all that useful for that. So any opinions on what I should do?

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Gottcha and agreed.

BTW out of curiosity who does everyone use in VF? I'm training hard with Lei Fei, the monk. If anyone has any tips on using him I'd apperciate it. I was using Akira but some of his moves are a bit hard to pull off 100% of the time. Especially his Knee Bash, the one where you have to release G after 1 frame. I'm guessing it's probably easier to do with a stick, along with most of his moves.[/quote]
I used Sarah. She seemed pretty easy to pick up... not too many execution problems with her =P I can actually watch videos and understand what she's doing.
A lot of the game is learning what to do against other characters... I never really learned other people's weight-classes, or their frames... or even how to block their super simple strings. -_-;

I use Aoi in VF4:evo and VF5. I used Kage from the first time I played VF1, up until Evo came out and I decided enough was enough.

[quote name='Chacrana']Hey guys, I like opinions. You know this. Hell, I don't even think for myself any more it seems. So I want yall's opinions on this:

Should I hook up the HT setup I'm getting to my PC with nice monitor, or my nice TV with the gaming stuff? I'm playing a shitload of games on both the PC and the consoles... but here's where it gets complex: I have my DVD player hooked up to the TV, so it'd be nice to watch stuff with surround sound, but my parents already have an HT setup for the big screen in our basement which we're replacing this summer... so it's not all that useful for that. So any opinions on what I should do?[/QUOTE]

I don't know but there's a catfight outside my window. they're kinda fat though :whistle2:\

anyway, yeah, go for the blue one. er, the TV. pc games are for loose, promiscuous women.

[quote name='Apossum']I don't know but there's a catfight outside my window. they're kinda fat though :whistle2:\

[/QUOTE]

send a picture... either that or fight them to the death!

[quote name='Apossum']I use Aoi in VF4:evo and VF5. I used Kage from the first time I played VF1, up until Evo came out and I decided enough was enough. [/QUOTE]

I was in the same boat with Akira. Been using him since VF1, so I also decided to move onto some new blood, somebody a bit easier to use. Anyone know why Taka-Arashi (the Sumo) wasn't in VF5. And I'm not buying that this generation can't handle his blubber.

Thanks for the video Markman. Holy crap is he strong. That guy using Taka just wreacked everyone, 4-5 hits with him and you're dead. But his opponents didn't seem too good. I wish he was in VF4 evo, I'd use him. He seems simple enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back