Super Fighter Thread 9x Turbo Final Edition! (Fighter Thread 9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverPaw750

CAGiversary!
Feedback
35 (100%)
Referring back to the rumoured list of Sammy vs Capcom characters:

Complain all you want about the small cast of characters (no Sagat?! WTF?!), but I bet more of them will be in the inevitable sequel. Not to mention it's a Godsend that some of those characters (Morrigan, Lilith, Demitri, Sakura) are finally going to get redrawn.

I thought the original plans for the corss over series was to be a darkstalkers vs. guitly gear sort fo game. I'm actually surprised that they didn't go through with that seeing as how they both play SOMEWHAT similarly.

[quote name='Metal Boss']The other thread is better[/QUOTE]

guileprofile7uw.gif
http://img478.imageshack.us/img478/5077/guileprofile7uw.gif

[quote name='SilverPaw750']Er...I made this thread before he made the other one.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, didn't do it on purpose.

[quote name='gigan54']haha I've gotta replay that game. it's super terrible and incredibly broken but just seeing an american interpretation on a good series makes it hysterical.

p.s. zangief sucks major balls in this game.[/QUOTE]

You know a game is terrible when you simply insert a token and you double over in laughter.

What rumored Sammy Vs Capcom roster?

Maybe I'm just not looking hard enough, but I never saw it mentioned in the old thread... got any links?

I assumed this game was dead and buried. I don't even see anyone talking about it on shoryuken's forums.

[quote name='Roufuss']What rumored Sammy Vs Capcom roster?

Maybe I'm just not looking hard enough, but I never saw it mentioned in the old thread... got any links?

I assumed this game was dead and buried.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Not sure if this is 100% acurate but a reliable source sent me a list of fighters for the upcoming Capcom vs Sammy, (which should actually be called Street Fighter vs Guilty Gear.)

Capcom Side: Ryu, Ken, Sakura, Akuma, Dan, Chunny, Yun, Yang, Demitri, Morrigan, Lilith, Hsien-Ko.

GG Side: Sol, Ky, Dizzy, May, Johnny, Slayer, Potemkin, Jam, Anji, I-No[/QUOTE]

Here

If it's true, consider me very dissapointed, espically since Sammy promised to use alot of the lesser known characters, the ones that meshed with Guilty Gear the best.

As much as I love the SF cast, I'm getting sick of seeing the same faces in every cross over game. I mean, 5 shotos? That's very much overkill. Hell, even more if you count Morrigan and Demitri.

Hsien-Ko is cool though, definately.

[quote name='MarkMan']I don't mind which thread we use, let's just use one...

The great JCVD... I'd like to contribute as well:

damme_copy3541350.gif
[/QUOTE]

he doesn't quite have the capoeira stance down yet

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I saw the Darkstalkers movie/anime at Fry's the other day and the cover was hilariously bad. Just how bad is it?

226738.jpg
[/QUOTE]

morgan is a pale white dude in the anime?

Heh, I was really confused the first time I saw those Darkstalkers DVD's. There's also an anime series that's completely different. Observe:
darkstalkers1.jpg
darkstalkers2.jpg

The darkstalkers animated series actually isn't that bad and actually plays out alot better than most of the SF animes (other than the original anime movie).

Ha ha check it out... video footage of me getting my ass kicked in UMK3!!!! Here's some hand-held camera videos from 8 On The Break:

Busta (Liu Kang) vs. Shock (Ermac) - well here's the one match on tape that I actually win :D

Busta (Stryker) vs. RSigley (Sindel) - me losing and getting FLAWLESSED in Round 2 (complete with a closeup of the health bar at the end, lol). Jobber to the stars, baby!

Busta (Kano) vs. Bill (Kabal) - a damn fine showing I must say, but I GIVE this guy the match with a stupid mistake near the end. A real heartbreaker! Other than that goof though, this was probably my personal best-played match of night.

More stuff posted at http://www.darktemplarz.com/umk3matchvids/clash06/ for anyone who wants to distract themselves at work. I feel like such an empowered nerd today!

Yeah man that's what I'm talking about. The funny thing is, while I was taping some of the other matches, people behind me were talkin smack about MK. They thought it was ridiculous to see a dedicated crowd around an MK cabinet. But as the afternoon progressed, some of the onlookers seemed kind of impressed... I overheard some people who were like "wow I had no idea MK could be played at this level."

I was REPRAZENTING, man. That cabinet was getting some love. The sticks were crap though. Hopefully they'll get fixed soon. The machine had been outfitted with new convex buttons, so it's obvious that they have no problem messing around with the parts... so they have no excuse NOT to fix those sticks!

Speaking of sticks, my trip to 8OTB had me wondering - why is it that 360 degree sticks are in demand for fighters? Since most fighters work off an 8-direction setup, I feel like a 360 stick would just be less precise. Having a distinct "down-back" diagonal is key in Capcom fighters, for example, where the difference between a high and low block will make the difference in a tight match. There are some games that definitely benefit from 360 degree freedom, but I never understood how it benefits fighters.

[quote name='Purple Flames']Nice matches. Makes me wanna crack open my copy of Midway Arcade Treasures 2 and get to practicing :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, when I owned a copy of that game collection, MK2 was the real highlight of the whole package... too bad midaway didnt put MK1 in there since Deception had it boxed in :(

I just hope they do a re release of MK Trilogy to run on a faster system... and also have the ability to play each game seperately, unlike the original MK Trilogy for PS1.

I wish alot of things werestill 2d... but we live in a world that loves 3d more than 2d :(

and on that note: CAPCOM! Make a damn sequal to Captian Commando! Once you're done releasing the hopefully good Final Fight Streetwise start damn work on Cap Com (ie. captian commando)... Make it or I aint stoppin with the bitchin'!

That Sammy vs Capcom list I posted back in the last thread seems accurate, It was taken from a japanese video game mag, (Probably Famatsu Arcade.) Hopefully the list is just the tip of the ice berg.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I wish alot of things werestill 2d... but we live in a world that loves 3d more than 2d :(

and on that note: CAPCOM! Make a damn sequal to Captian Commando! Once you're done releasing the hopefully good Final Fight Streetwise start damn work on Cap Com (ie. captian commando)... Make it or I aint stoppin with the bitchin'![/QUOTE]

Final Fight Streetwise has no chance in hell to be good, I am pretty much committed to this line of thinking.

Ya know, I've always thought about picking up Mortal Kombat Trilogy for the PS1. I bet it can be found for really cheap.

Ph, and I like Mortal Kombat Deception, but not as a fighter. I like it in a stupid beat-em-up kinda way.

[quote name='Roufuss']Final Fight Streetwise has no chance in hell to be good, I am pretty much committed to this line of thinking.[/QUOTE]
Sorry, but it kicks ass. At least it did when I got to play it at E3. It just felt like Final Fight, but in 3D!

alright, who wants to break down the DOA series for me...

my perdiciment:

I have played the shit out of DOA ultimate (DOA 2 mainly) I have never played DOA 3 and i just purchased DOA 4.

Am i missing out on not playing DOA 3? What are your reccomendations? Should i play 3 before 4? will 3 be an step back from the ultimate version of 2?

[quote name='evanft']Ya know, I've always thought about picking up Mortal Kombat Trilogy for the PS1. I bet it can be found for really cheap.[/QUOTE]
Be advised, it doesn't play well on the PS2. One of the few games on its "incompatible list". You can play matches, but it hangs on the continue screen, which means if you want to switch characters you have to reset.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Sorry, but it kicks ass. At least it did when I got to play it at E3. It just felt like Final Fight, but in 3D![/QUOTE]

$20 in a month, and I won't pay a penny more.

At least change that horrible name.

[quote name='BustaUppa']Heh, I was really confused the first time I saw those Darkstalkers DVD's. There's also an anime series that's completely different. Observe:
darkstalkers1.jpg
darkstalkers2.jpg
[/QUOTE]

That's proper Darkstalkers.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I saw the Darkstalkers movie/anime at Fry's the other day and the cover was hilariously bad. Just how bad is it?

226738.jpg
[/QUOTE]

This is the bastardized American toon.

The Japanese anime is actually pretty good (I have only seen the first volume though). I need to get the second one. :bomb:

[quote name='Roufuss']$20 in a month, and I won't pay a penny more.

At least change that horrible name.[/QUOTE]
Maybe it'll launch at $20. :lol: Price drops aren't indicative of how good they are, though I wouldn't be surprised if the public ignored this game enough so that a large drop would happen. I don't mind the name, though.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Maybe it'll launch at $20. :lol: Price drops aren't indicative of how good they are, though I wouldn't be surprised if the public ignored this game enough so that a large drop would happen. I don't mind the name, though.[/QUOTE]

I don't know... the whole game just seems generic to me. I love Final Fight but I just can't get into this one.

I mean, Cody has a brother (who looks like a douche) named Kyle, who has NEVER been mentioned before now. Suddenly, Cody is missing, but isn't he supposed to be in jail for beating up random people? (another stupid Capcom plot).

Not ony that, but Kyle Travers is supposedly an "underground pit fighter champion"... where was he when Cody's girlfriend was kidnapped??

Now the games title is Final Fight X: Streetwise. X? Why X?

Screenshots do look interesting, but I gurantee your theory will ring true. I remember I waited on Killer 7 because of that exact same reason, and sure enough, it dropped price $20 in about two months.

[quote name='Jaket']alright, who wants to break down the DOA series for me...

my perdiciment:

I have played the shit out of DOA ultimate (DOA 2 mainly) I have never played DOA 3 and i just purchased DOA 4.

Am i missing out on not playing DOA 3? What are your reccomendations? Should i play 3 before 4? will 3 be an step back from the ultimate version of 2?[/QUOTE]

No, if you have DOA4 then there's no need for 3, unless you want to own the entire series then I don't see why you'd need it. But this is my opinion.

the spartan's story is that she is there to sell copies and be chosen by all the noobs, who scream "cheap" when you beat them down with a little anime girl.

[quote name='Jaket']alright, who wants to break down the DOA series for me...

my perdiciment:

Am i missing out on not playing DOA 3? What are your reccomendations? Should i play 3 before 4? will 3 be an step back from the ultimate version of 2?[/QUOTE]

3's a step forward from ultimate, but there's no reason to get any other doa game if you have 4.

[quote name='Apossum']the spartan's story is that she is there to sell copies and be chosen by all the noobs, who scream "cheap" when you beat them down with a little anime girl.

3's a step forward from ultimate, but there's no reason to get any other doa game if you have 4.[/QUOTE]

did you think the last boss was really cheesy or did you just kick its ass all over the place?

[quote name='2poor']did you think the last boss was really cheesy or did you just kick its ass all over the place?[/QUOTE]

I use scrubby tactics on it. it doesn't block charge moves and dash moves with speed and power, but it counters all the regular combos, so I spammed it to hell :) I've beaten it without cheating a couple times, but it's just not worth taking head on since people can't use her online.

she's cheap with "telepathic" counter holds, but other than that, she's just as vulnerable as any other character.

[quote name='evilmax17']Be advised, it doesn't play well on the PS2. One of the few games on its "incompatible list". You can play matches, but it hangs on the continue screen, which means if you want to switch characters you have to reset.[/QUOTE]Yeah, it's too bad. My main suggestions for getting maximum enjoyment out of MK Trilogy are:

1. Don't even bother playing the CPU. As much as I love MK, the AI has to be one of the most useless in fighting game history. You're not even really playing the game.

2. Bypass the PS2 problems altogether... put the disc in your PC and use a Kaillera-enabled PS1 emulator instead.

And of course with a Kaillera emulator you'll be killing two birds with one stone there. Man I can't tell you how refreshing it was to start playing against humans again.

Oh and make sure you get a Greatest Hits version, they fixed up a few problems in it.

[quote name='Roufuss']I don't know... the whole game just seems generic to me. I love Final Fight but I just can't get into this one.

I mean, Cody has a brother (who looks like a douche) named Kyle, who has NEVER been mentioned before now. Suddenly, Cody is missing, but isn't he supposed to be in jail for beating up random people? (another stupid Capcom plot).

Not ony that, but Kyle Travers is supposedly an "underground pit fighter champion"... where was he when Cody's girlfriend was kidnapped??

Now the games title is Final Fight X: Streetwise. X? Why X?

Screenshots do look interesting, but I gurantee your theory will ring true. I remember I waited on Killer 7 because of that exact same reason, and sure enough, it dropped price $20 in about two months.[/QUOTE]
I'll admit I have no clue about the FF story, I just like to beat up people and have fun. :) As for the X? Capcom and GameSpot says there's no X in the title so I'm not sure where you got that from. I probably won't get it at launch since I've got more pressing new games that I want like Ape Escape 3, MVP NCAA Baseball, and Dragon Ball: Advance Adventure coming within the next month.

The people online in DOA4 didn't seem all that great. I was at a friends house playing online, expecting people to be pros already but ended up doing very good, I got my friend up from a "C- " to a "B." Bunch of Ninja Gaiden lovers using Ryu and trying to exploit his teleports, but very easy to spot. And alot of annoy kids who talk trash but suck. Reminds me of VGM.

Spartan plays like a mix of Zack and Bayman from what I see. We haven't unlocked her yet, but does she have any orginal moves at all?

[quote name='evanft']Ya know, I've always thought about picking up Mortal Kombat Trilogy for the PS1. I bet it can be found for really cheap.

Ph, and I like Mortal Kombat Deception, but not as a fighter. I like it in a stupid beat-em-up kinda way.[/QUOTE]

I think you can get this a CC for pretty cheap now. It seems to be one of the few PS1 games that they have in stock and I got it for $5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back