Super Mario All Stars $19.99 Toys R Us (or YMMV $16 each stacked with B1G1 40% off)

karkyco

CAGiversary!
Feedback
23 (100%)
EDIT: changed title to reflect some people's thoughts that the $16 a piece price is YMMV

I just picked up 2 copies of Super Mario All Stars for $30.48 (+ tax) at Toys R Us (manager miscalculated 40% off the 2nd copy which should have been $11.99/$12...although you might get someone who manually discounts it 40% off the original price, so the 2nd copy might end up for $8). Price is good this week while the game is on sale for $19.99 (and while quantities last, of course).

This should NOT be YMMV because the Toys R Us ad specifically states "Buy 1 Get 1 40% off ALL videogames priced $19.99", and there are no exclusions in the ad for sale priced games.

Combine this with last week's $25 giftcard deal for even more insane savings.

tru.jpg

Details:
Just got back from Toys R Us, where Super Mario All Stars Limited Edition is on sale for $19.99 (this discount is taken automatically from the register). I asked about the B1G1 40% off stacking since there were no limitations indicated in the ad, and the clerk indicated to me that the game may be limit 1 per customer, and that the B1G1 40% off won't work...however there was a manager there and he said "stack 'em, just stack the deals, if that's what the ad says then that's what it should be, but we'll have to manually adjust it. Second copy should be, what, $10.49? I think that's 40% off."

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='PCCharger']:lol:What's funny is we're all sitting here on a forum arguing over $8.:lol:

Never said it wasn't YMMV. Just sayin' there is nothing in the ad that says limit 1 per customer. A national retail chain like TRU should honor what is printed in their sale ad. If it states ALL games priced $19.99 or less are B1G1 40% off and All Stars is $19.99 then any store manager should honor it. If they have a problem with it then put up a sign by Al Stars with a correction.

I don't even wan't the game but I'm so hard headed:wall: that I might have to drive down there and try to get the deal. What's the TIV on this thing?[/QUOTE]

SMAS isn't $19.99 originally, what part of that don't you get?

:bow:I would just like to add that I don't think anyone here is being hostile but if it's me then I apologize. Oh, and I started using smilies in an attempt to not seem so hostile.:grouphug:

[quote name='ssjmichael']SMAS isn't $19.99 originally, what part of that don't you get?[/QUOTE]

Ad doesn't read original price, it reads ALL (in caps) games priced $19.99.

Thanks OP. My Amazon copy came in a scuffed/smashed box, and they have no replacements to send me. I'll be in LA all day tomorrow, so I'll check this out. If I'm lucky, I can get one in decent condition and save $10, then mail my Amazon copy back for a refund.

went into TRU. long ass lines. i was like forget it. if theres Kinect i would wait. i'll just pick up mario tomorrow or something.

Went to TRU and just picked up the one copy for $19.99, which is a great freakin deal anyway, considering it's 29.99 or 49.99 and up everywhere else. I contemplated going for the YMMV deal, but the place was a friggin zoo with all the parents and their little kids coughing and sneezing everywhere. I wanted to get the hell outta there before I got sick!

Internet beat me, both stores got raped. Someone else was there looking for a copy as well.

Fuuuuuu, if anyone can score me a copy I would love you forever. PM me please!

[quote name='PCCharger']lol...OK, I'm done looking like an ass. Got to go build a gingerbread house. Happy Holidays![/QUOTE]

Happy Holidays to you too :applause:

[quote name='wicketjedi']so this just rings up no problem 19.99 for one copy?[/QUOTE]
Yes, the deal is $10 off any Mario games for Wii.

[quote name='wicketjedi']so this just rings up no problem 19.99 for one copy?[/QUOTE]

Others have mentioned that the cashier has to adjust it.

edit: I'm referring to this person's statement from the other SMBAS thread:

[quote name='Vamatt99218']Just got a "perfect" copy of the game at Toys R Us for $19.99. There were 3 copies left but I chose only one. The guy there rang it up as $29.99 but after I told him about the ad he acknowledge his mistake. I'm pretty happy.

EDIT: Now that I've ready another threads I should've tried to get another one for 40% off but didn't know.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ionotropic']Yes, the deal is $10 off any Mario games for Wii.[/QUOTE]

What ad is this coming from exactly?

There was nothing i could say or do to get that 40% off the second one. Plenty of copies at my store but the manager said "you don't get both ".

[quote name='myke-myke']I'm buying multiple. If those games are really gonna be "limited", I'm ebaying them.[/QUOTE]
There are hundreds of copies available on ebay, so I doubt you would greatly profit from it at this point in time.

Ya know, a part of me is tempted to run out and get a few copies, hope they go up in value and then ebay them later on. However, this is the same reason I have a sealed copy of Mario Party 4 just sitting collecting dust somewhere, as well as other games. I own the SNES version, and just don't need this one...

Still, OP, a good deal IMO. Especially if you want the game. The $10.49 second price should be EXTREMELY YMMV though, because $19.99 at 40% off should be $11.99, but obviously basic math skills aren't required to get a management position at TRU.

[quote name='slowdive21']So does the computer ring up 2 copies with the GC correctly or do you need an override?[/QUOTE]

There is no GC involved this week.

Semi-offtopic but a TRU question: Does anyone know if the buy one get one for $20 on Black Ops is available in-store? I have credit to burn from marios and this seems the best way to convert it for Amazon credit to retain most value. Any insights welcomed.

[quote name='scottman']There is no GC involved this week.[/QUOTE]

OOPS, I saw the value card and thought it was a GC deal...no wonder I couldn't find it in the ad.

So why is this YMMV? Does the game ring up at 19.99? Does it require in override?

Checked both local stores and they were soldout of SMAS. At one store they said they soldout within 15 minutes of opening.

Big lines at both stores. They were swamped with shoppers and tons of DS lites were getting bought. Seemed like every other person was buying a DS. Also saw like 7 UDRAW bundles sold, while I was waiting around.

Can't think of the last time I saw a TRU that busy

Couldn't get this as my TRU didn't have any in stock. I didn't realize this was a limited print until my buddy was talking about it yesterday. Ending up getting this at MSRP at Target, but with the way people were looking for this at all the various stores I went to I was happy just to get it.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']My local TRU hasn't had SMAS in stock for almost 2 weeks.[/QUOTE]

Well, it's only been out for 1 week...

it should scan and you get the price of $20 + tax. that's how it happened with me.
Too bad i couldn't try buying two since i got the last copy.

Out of two toys r us stores i went to, there was just one copy, i might go hunting in another toys r us soon though.

OT but smh at toys r us (and in general stores) not price matching their online section.

My local TRU had at least 5 copies. Person said they just got a shipment in this morning. So all of this about a one time shipment sounds untrue.

Only bought one copy though since they wouldn't stack it with the BOGO.

I tried to PM at best buy off of two copies I already bought and no dice. The add I got says 29.99 for the games, then right next to it is the thing that says 10 off any mario title, so of course the manager argued the point. I'm irritated to the point I just want to take my copies back.

[quote name='Detonation']My local TRU had at least 5 copies. Person said they just got a shipment in this morning. So all of this about a one time shipment sounds untrue.

Only bought one copy though since they wouldn't stack it with the BOGO.[/QUOTE]

Can you buy a copy for me or anyone else if any are still in stock? I would be willing to reimburse you. Though of course not before going to my local store right now to check.

Edit: Getting busy signals to every single store I call. Fail.

I just printed out the OP receipt for price-proof. I'll go there tomorrow when I pickup my order for Salt Steelbook & Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps BB Exclusives.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']I just printed out the OP receipt for price-proof. I'll go there tomorrow when I pickup my order for Salt Steelbook & Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps BB Exclusives.[/QUOTE]

Good luck...btw, this is your ad, right? :D:lol:

Asking $70 for the Amazon Warehouse Deals copies?;)

[quote name='karkyco']Good luck...btw, this is your ad, right? :D:lol:

Asking $70 for the Amazon Warehouse Deals copies?;)[/QUOTE]
nah thats hubbub, has to be

Hate the All-Stars remakes, but I couldn't resist for the price.
Got two copies to give as gifts, maybe introduce younger family to classic 2D gaming.

/all glory and praise to the OP

bread's done
Back