Super Mario All-Stars (Wii) - 25th Anniversary Limited Edition Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='fuchikoma']It's hard to tell the scale, but yes Amazon shipped my copy in a 3 foot long box.

71521782.jpg
[/QUOTE]
I don't believe you. Maybe you bought more than 1 copy.

[quote name='kell']TRU had a buy one get one 50% off on games/accessories/guides today only.

Was able to pick 2 of these up. Was a great deal with the $25 GC and a $5 reward coupon.[/QUOTE]
Where at TRU?

[quote name='Strongbad2143']I just bought two today and didn't get one for 50% off...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, where is this 50% off sale? There was one maybe two weeks ago but I don't see anything about it being today in the 12/15 TRU thread.

Maybe it is a store specific sale for that guy with B1G1 50% off.

And where is anyone seeing it will be $19.99 next week? That is still slightly more than it comes out to with this GC deal this week, but I don't see why TRU would be itching to move these, if they even have any left next week. The $25GC seemed like a fluke due to their ad that they decided to honor.

[quote name='scottman']Maybe it is a store specific sale for that guy with B1G1 50% off.

And where is anyone seeing it will be $19.99 next week? That is still slightly more than it comes out to with this GC deal this week, but I don't see why TRU would be itching to move these, if they even have any left next week. The $25GC seemed like a fluke due to their ad that they decided to honor.[/QUOTE]

sicne a overide was required the store probobly just left up signage from last week and therefore honored it because it was their mistake

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']I don't believe you. Maybe you bought more than 1 copy.[/QUOTE]

I received the same exact box and I only ordered one copy so there's no need to call BS on him.

[quote name='josh62488']sicne a overide was required the store probobly just left up signage from last week and therefore honored it because it was their mistake[/QUOTE]

ugh. i hate when details like that are left out and everyone gets all excited.

Everyone was about to get SMAS for xmas whether they owned a wii or not. :D

Plenty of copies at Best Buy.
I wanted to get it at K-Mart but they sold out on Sunday.

Costco and Sam's both had them.

Costco had the best price at $26.99.

So I now own the game I said I wouldn't buy. ;)

[quote name='josh62488']sicne a overide was required the store probobly just left up signage from last week and therefore honored it because it was their mistake[/QUOTE]

No, that wasn't the case. It may be store specific, but they are the ones who pointed out that for "today only" it was BOGO 50% and the signs weren't up yesterday when I was in.

[quote name='kell']No, that wasn't the case. It may be store specific, but they are the ones who pointed out that for "today only" it was BOGO 50% and the signs weren't up yesterday when I was in.[/QUOTE]

ah the plot thickens

[quote name='scottman']And where is anyone seeing it will be $19.99 next week? That is still slightly more than it comes out to with this GC deal this week, but I don't see why TRU would be itching to move these, if they even have any left next week. The $25GC seemed like a fluke due to their ad that they decided to honor.[/QUOTE]

The ad for next week says "save $10 on any Mario game" or something to that effect.

As for this current deal with the gift card being slightly better, well, yes and no. remember, you're not getting the $25 gift card applied against the initial purchase, thus you are $85 worth of goods for $60 (plus tax) - basically 30% off. So if you only purchase 2 this week, you've spent $60 and saved 30%. Next week, you only have to purchase 1 copy, $20, and thus save 33.3%

Even if you manage to chain multiples of this promo (remember, the gift card is supposedly inactive until 6 hours after purchase), the maximum savings rate approaches 42% or $17.50 a piece, (not accounting for state sales tax)...but it would take an enormous amount of purchases to get it even under $18 a piece. Unless you can somehow get the store to apply the $25 gift card to the initial purchase (highly doubtful) which would actually be the best discount rate at $17.50 a piece, then the best use of this deal is to combine this week's $25 gift card with next week's $20 sale price.

I.e.:

Just purchasing the games this week:

Round 1: Purchase 2 copies for $60, get a $25 gift card. Cost per unit is $30 a piece. Savings is 29.5% ($25/$85).

Round 2: Purchase 2 more copies using the first $25 gift card. Total cost now is $95. Cost per unit is now $23.75, and you should get another $25 gift card.

Round 3 etc.: Rinse and repeat, total cost is now $130 for 6 copies + $25 GC, $21.67 each...$165 for 8 copies/$20.63 a piece, $200 for 10 copies/$20 a piece, etc. 18 copies drops the cost below $19. So the more you buy, the more you save.

Instead of the hassle and trouble of that, you can get 37.5% savings on two transactions - the first being the buy 2 regular price get $25 gift card, then using the $25 gift card to purchase 2 more this Sunday. Total out of pocket cost will be $75 for 4 copies, $18.75 a piece, savings of 37.5%

[quote name='fuchikoma']It's hard to tell the scale, but yes Amazon shipped my copy in a 3 foot long box.

71521782.jpg
[/QUOTE]

lmao! I thought I was the only that received it in that large box. :lol:

I also got a 3 foot box that I didn't have time to open before leaving to work. Thought it would be for something else but I'm guessing it's the game now.

I'm guessing either that warehouse ran out of smaller boxes, or there was a typo in the suggested box size length in their system. I got the smaller custom fit wraparound type of box.

These are selling fast.

Grand Rapids 28th Street Best Buy yesterday afternoon had over 20+ yesterday. Was going to buy it yesterday but forgot my $10 gift card.

Went back today zero were on the shelves in the Wii section. After scouring the entire store in back far corner I found four copies left people missed. I would suggest if you want this set to go out and get it now it might become hard to find.

Very happy I was still able to pick this up it's a beautiful set but I wish more was included.

Well maybe that was the reason Amazon thought they couldn't ship the game out on time - they ran out of small boxes.

[quote name='tooshorty6432168']Damn I got mine in a little bubble mailer... one of the corners is dinged up pretty good :([/QUOTE]

ONE of the corners? Sheesh...every single corner on my box is messed up and my other copy is just crushed...

Yet I got another order today of a normal PS3 game that came in a box...

Glad I cancelled my Amazon order and got it at K-Mart. From the sounds of it lots of your guys' copies are all messed up. :cry:

I might just have to get a 2nd copy now... and my K-Mart still has plenty of them. :D

Both of mine came in a fitted box. One of them had a crease going along one of the sides. The other had a tiny crushed corner. I think I got lucky it wasn't worse, since that's the extent of the damage.

Received it today from Amazon, long box, and all. For the record, there are some minor flaws in the box, but as I have said, I have no plans on keeping the box.

[/QUOTE]

they must have really run out of small boxes over BF sales to be using that box, unless you have a pair of skis in that shipment too.

don't let the tree huggers know... they'll start to bitch and complain that amazon is not being eco friendly with their shipments.. who cares though as long as we get the games we order asap.

[quote name='frpilot']don't let the tree huggers know... they'll start to bitch and complain that amazon is not being eco friendly.. who cares though as long as we get the games we order asap.[/QUOTE]
That was... unnecessary.

71521782.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Ha, I bought a battery charger for a friend the Apple one, that thing is tiny and it came in the same size box. When it arrived, I was like "what the hell did I order?".... Yeah, a little battery charger in a box that big, haha.

Anyhow, I managed to sell my ruined copies to my friend who wanted it. Just sold them for $30 each, same price I bought them for. Got a copy at Best Buy, best copy they had, but still has some minor box crease. All the other boxes had the blue box wear or the box was crushed. O well, I'm happy with the copy I got.

Wow, sounds like lots of damaged packaging. I must've lucked out - the copy I ordered from Amazon arrived in perfect condition.

And that huge box is hilarious.

[quote name='karkyco']The ad for next week says "save $10 on any Mario game" or something to that effect.

As for this current deal with the gift card being slightly better, well, yes and no. remember, you're not getting the $25 gift card applied against the initial purchase, thus you are $85 worth of goods for $60 (plus tax) - basically 30% off. So if you only purchase 2 this week, you've spent $60 and saved 30%. Next week, you only have to purchase 1 copy, $20, and thus save 33.3%

Even if you manage to chain multiples of this promo (remember, the gift card is supposedly inactive until 6 hours after purchase), the maximum savings rate approaches 42% or $17.50 a piece, (not accounting for state sales tax)...but it would take an enormous amount of purchases to get it even under $18 a piece. Unless you can somehow get the store to apply the $25 gift card to the initial purchase (highly doubtful) which would actually be the best discount rate at $17.50 a piece, then the best use of this deal is to combine this week's $25 gift card with next week's $20 sale price.

I.e.:

Just purchasing the games this week:

Round 1: Purchase 2 copies for $60, get a $25 gift card. Cost per unit is $30 a piece. Savings is 29.5% ($25/$85).

Round 2: Purchase 2 more copies using the first $25 gift card. Total cost now is $95. Cost per unit is now $23.75, and you should get another $25 gift card.

Round 3 etc.: Rinse and repeat, total cost is now $130 for 6 copies + $25 GC, $21.67 each...$165 for 8 copies/$20.63 a piece, $200 for 10 copies/$20 a piece, etc. 18 copies drops the cost below $19. So the more you buy, the more you save.

Instead of the hassle and trouble of that, you can get 37.5% savings on two transactions - the first being the buy 2 regular price get $25 gift card, then using the $25 gift card to purchase 2 more this Sunday. Total out of pocket cost will be $75 for 4 copies, $18.75 a piece, savings of 37.5%[/QUOTE]

Nice thorough explanation. Technically, I suppose you're right about the % saved on this game only, but I always count free gift cards against the purchase price. If you are buying more from TRU anyway, with this deal, you could get these 2 games + $25 game for $60. Next week, you would spend $65 for the same 3 games.

[quote name='Serious McMopy']That was... unnecessary.[/QUOTE]

It wasn't unnecessary. He is right.

You know there are more trees now than 50 years ago, right?

LOL.. I got the same 3ft box with my one copy. I was like WTH did I order? Then opened it up to find the one game. HAHA Amazon.

[quote name='grumpier']LOL.. I got the same 3ft box with my one copy. I was like WTH did I order? Then opened it up to find the one game. HAHA Amazon.[/QUOTE]

I bet you a $1 that they ran out of the smaller boxes, and had no choice but use the larger boxes.

[quote name='52club']I bet you a $1 that they ran out of the smaller boxes, and had no choice but use the larger boxes.[/QUOTE]

I've had that happen before. They just stuffed it full of the plastic pillow wrap and still the game was floating in a 2x2' box.

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']It wasn't unnecessary. He is right.

You know there are more trees now than 50 years ago, right?[/QUOTE]Whether or not he/she is right is not the point. I am just saying this is not the place for that stuff.

Back on topic...

I doubt I'll even open the bonus disk. Probably just give it away, or something.

I got mine yesterday from Amazon and it came in a fitted box. Very disappointed as there were a whole bunch of scuff marks on the sides and one small dent on the left corner. I sent an email to Amazon and they replied this morning with a 10 dollar promotional credit to offset the dissatisfaction. They would have sent me a new one but they are out of stock. I figured they'd say tough luck but they at least they tried to appease the situation.

Ridiculously big 3ft box > bubble mailer.

I'm waiting for mine from GS. Hopefully they used a rigid box to ship it.

As far as the big boxes go I received an 8gb pro duo memory card in a box about 2' x 2' . The card was taped to the bottom under a ton of crushed paper.

[quote name='eau']Ridiculously big 3ft box > bubble mailer.

I'm waiting for mine from GS. Hopefully they used a rigid box to ship it.[/QUOTE]

Mine came shipped from GS in a nice box with bubble padding. It is in perfect shape except for a white speck on the bottom, and it sounds like that's a common defect.

Why is this item so popular? It's an overpriced unchanged port of a single SNES game. It's a terrible value when compared to things like Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection or even past Nintendo collections.

[quote name='Collectordragon']Why is this item so popular? It's an overpriced unchanged port of a single SNES game. It's a terrible value when compared to things like Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection or even past Nintendo collections.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but many people hold the Mario games in much higher regards than anything on the Sega collection. The extras in this are terrible, sure; but the games stand on their own like few other games can.

My $0.02 for what they're worth. Got my Amazon copy in the mail today, standard bubble mailer, perfect condition. Bought an extra copy for my best friend at the local Wal-Mart in Baldwin Park, CA; lady went to get it from the back, so they probably have a bunch for when people ask, 'cause I didn't see any for display.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back