Super Mario All-Stars (Wii) - 25th Anniversary Limited Edition Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='sontaru3431343']well then we have plenty of retailers to go to -

target, toys r us, gamestop, best buy, walmart.

I plan to call target and walmart friday nite to see how many they're getting in. btw, i'm tracking prices for $33- $60 on ebay. Doesn't seem like people are going to make a quick buck. Also amazon lowest guy is 44.99. Second guy is 75.99 with 98 copies.

It's possible value could jump once gamestop and best buy stop preorders (i'm doubting it right now).[/QUOTE]

target, toys r us, gamestop, best buy, walmart..... FYE, K-Mart, Sam Goody (are they still in business?), PlayNTrade,

Ended up preordering mine at FYE. I need to use up this damn FYE credit before these fucks go out of business..

[quote name='Maniac Mansion']Not to be argumentative, but it also says "While Supplies Last" on Flingsmash too, & I've seen that in every store I've been into the past few weeks. Best Buy probably 50-100 of them on the shelf. Of course then again there's also much less demand/hype for that than Super Mario All Stars Limited Edition.

I'll probably be @ Kmart @ opening on Sunday morning to put 1 or 2 copies on layaway @ most. I know if I got 2 copies it would only print out ONE coupon for the transaction, but for this release I don't really care either way.[/QUOTE]

I could be wrong, but I think the Fling Smash disclaimer is in regaurds to the to the bonus toy it came with, not the actual game. Especially since they do always put "while supplies last" in their ads in regaurds to the pre-order giveaways and all that stuff. But like I said, about just a game, especially one without preorder bonuses, ive never seen before.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']target, toys r us, gamestop, best buy, walmart..... FYE, K-Mart, Sam Goody (are they still in business?), PlayNTrade,

Ended up preordering mine at FYE. I need to use up this damn FYE credit before these fucks go out of business..[/QUOTE]

i think kmart will be a good location to go to. most gamers will probalby head off to target or walmart.

[quote name='sabanoo']Crap....he's on to you! :roll:[/QUOTE]

it was a joke. and that leads the question to should a simple statement lead to a ban?

lol power corrupts, absolute power absolutely corrupts.

[quote name='etcrane']Wow, this is getting really hard to find[/QUOTE]
It'll probably be easier to find once it's been actually been released. ;)

[quote name='sontaru3431343']it was a joke. and that leads the question to should a simple statement lead to a ban?

lol power corrupts, absolute power absolutely corrupts.[/QUOTE]
For a newb who just joined up this month and is breaking the rules and mocking mods, I think the answer is a definitive yes.
On topic, it is shocking just how many posts are in this thread, as the only "deals" being discussed here are MSRP.

[quote name='etcrane']Wow, this is getting really hard to find ... I'll trade someone my Cataclysm Limited Edition for a copy ...[/QUOTE]

Wow, this is getting really fucking hard to fucking find... I'll trade someone my sealed Half Life 2: Raising The Bar hardcover book for a copy. Thanks.

BTW, that sontaru user was the same person that's been banned from CAG repeatedly from trolling in here. He'll be back like the cockroaches you can't quite get rid of, until we get him IP banned. Sorry for the issue.

[quote name='Drclaw411']may i ask why?[/QUOTE]They're copyrighted material and tend to draw cease-and-desist orders to have them removed. We remove ad scans that are hotlinked on CAG. If you really feel the need to post an ad scan, link it off of CAG.

[quote name='shrike4242']BTW, that sontaru user was the same person that's been banned from CAG repeatedly from trolling in here. He'll be back like the cockroaches you can't quite get rid of, until we get him IP banned. Sorry for the issue.

They're copyrighted material and tend to draw cease-and-desist orders to have them removed. We remove ad scans that are hotlinked on CAG. If you really feel the need to post an ad scan, link it off of CAG.[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's really interesting. I wonder why companies don't want the scans up. I'd figure they'd love the free advertising.

I have a feeling this will be as "limited" as the Red Wii. I was going to pre-order it, but I already have all-stars, and I just can't see this having a value more than $30 in a few years...How many GameCube games are worth more than their original price?

[quote name='mywhitenoise']How many GameCube games are worth more than their original price?[/QUOTE]

Well, if we're talking factory-sealed, the answer is "quite a few".

[quote name='allyourblood']Well, if we're talking factory-sealed, the answer is "quite a few".[/QUOTE]

Completely untrue. If you mean the original $50 price that is. The vast majority of Gamecube games run around $20 factory sealed. Even the first party Nintendo stuff doesn't go for much more than original MSRP. There are a few in demand sealed Gamecube games like Pokemon Box, etc...but those are the exceptions and not the rule.

[quote name='bojay1997']Completely untrue. If you mean the original $50 price that is. The vast majority of Gamecube games run around $20 factory sealed. Even the first party Nintendo stuff doesn't go for much more than original MSRP. There are a few in demand sealed Gamecube games like Pokemon Box, etc...but those are the exceptions and not the rule.[/QUOTE]

Mario games tend to be one of the exceptions to the "Gamecube games run around $20 factory sealed" rule, though. Those particular games don't go that low. Still, you're not going to get rich speculating on them. As you said those games seem to sell on eBay for around their initial MSRP. After all, even if they're "limited" there's still going to be millions of copies out there.

fuck..i ordered super mario all stars on gamestop.com a few weeks ago, in which it said "pre-order." It now shows up as back ordered.

[quote name='bigsick']fuck..i ordered super mario all stars on gamestop.com a few weeks ago, in which it said "pre-order." It now shows up as back ordered.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty standard. At one point, the release date for the game was today as opposed to Sunday, so their computer gets confused and thinks because it's not in, it's backordered. It should not reflect in any way on whether you actually get a copy come Sunday/Monday.

Are we sure this is gonna be that rare?

Anyways It's available from Amazon again with the release date of December 12th. I just placed an order and it went through. lulz @ the overpriced third party sellers.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Are we sure this is gonna be that rare?

Anyways It's available from Amazon again with the release date of December 12th. I just placed an order and it went through. lulz @ the overpriced third party sellers.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads-up. Just placed an order there. Now to cancel at Gamestop?

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']And now it's "Currently Unavailable Online" on GameStop.com[/QUOTE]
And BestBuy, and TRU.

I just tried changing a credit card on gamestop.com and it wouldn't let me, so i called them up and they said i couldn't change it there either? Wtf, fuck gamestop. Luckily amazon had copies so amazon gets my business.

[quote name='bojay1997']Completely untrue. If you mean the original $50 price that is. The vast majority of Gamecube games run around $20 factory sealed. Even the first party Nintendo stuff doesn't go for much more than original MSRP. There are a few in demand sealed Gamecube games like Pokemon Box, etc...but those are the exceptions and not the rule.[/QUOTE]

I didn't say they went for vastly more, but many Nintendo-published titles go for above original $50 MSRP, and quite often. Hell, even the occasional copy of Player's Choice Zelda Wind Waker and Super Mario Sunshine go for over $50-60, when they originally sold for $29.99 or less.

Completely untrue? Pfft.

[quote name='allyourblood']I didn't say they went for vastly more, but many Nintendo-published titles go for above original $50 MSRP, and quite often. Hell, even the occasional copy of Player's Choice Zelda Wind Waker and Super Mario Sunshine go for over $50-60, when they originally sold for $29.99 or less.

Completely untrue? Pfft.[/QUOTE]

Ok, I'll concede that some first party games go for a little more than they originally sold for factory sealed, but most Gamecube games go for far less than they originally sold for. Given the fact that the number of people collecting or at least trying to resell "rare" games has increased substantially in the last few years, the number of copies of this particular release sitting unopened is going to be pretty substantial. Could it become valuable? Anything is possible, but if you look back over time to what games maintain or increase in value, it's stuff that people generally didn't think was going to be rare at the time (MGS Subsistence LE for the PS2 or Bioshock CE from back in the days when collector's editions were relatively new and people didn't scoop them up in hopes of flipping them immediately) or didn't really bother to preserve (i.e. first party SNES and NES games, etc...that everyone opened and played).

People keep citing MPT as the baseline for what this release is going to do, but even assuming that you can't find a copy of MPT at Kmart or TRU still at MSRP, even Ebay copies on the top end only go for about 50% more than MSRP. That's $25 and doesn't really factor in the 13% you pay in Ebay fees and Paypal fees and whatever it cost you to buy the copy you're selling originally (time, gas, tax, etc...). Not exactly worth it to try and corner the market for that low of a return and 50% of a $30 item is only $15. This is a completely manufactured collectible like one of those Franklin mint plates. Could it still go up in value? Sure. Is it likely to do so? No. Obviously, Amazon has it back in stock and I'm sure other retailers will follow.

[quote name='bojay1997']People keep citing MPT as the baseline for what this release is going to do, but even assuming that you can't find a copy of MPT at Kmart or TRU still at MSRP, even Ebay copies on the top end only go for about 50% more than MSRP. That's $25 and doesn't really factor in the 13% you pay in Ebay fees and Paypal fees and whatever it cost you to buy the copy you're selling originally (time, gas, tax, etc...). Not exactly worth it to try and corner the market for that low of a return and 50% of a $30 item is only $15. This is a completely manufactured collectible like one of those Franklin mint plates. Could it still go up in value? Sure. Is it likely to do so? No. Obviously, Amazon has it back in stock and I'm sure other retailers will follow.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree. I'm getting one 'cause I'm a fan and I like the extras. I also think the price point is perfect. Would it be cool if it goes up in value later? Sure. But that shouldn't really be anyone's main reason for picking this up.

Now that Amazon is allowing orders again I was finally able to change my shipping speed to 2 days, chose FSSS when I made the order Oct.28 since I didn't have prime then.

My delivery estimate with FSSS was Dec. 27th-30th. I changed it to standard and back to FSSS and it's now at Dec. 20th-Dec 23rd. Good enough for me.

Yay! Available once again for pre-order on Amazon! In for one!

Here's to hoping it stays in stock, not-rare and $30 just to punish all the jerks trying to make a quick buck.

What the hell, I'll spring for a game over 20 bucks once in awhile. I have the original and still play it from time to time on my snes but I love Mario so I'm in just for the extras that come with it.

hehehe. Love you Amazon. Thanks for the heads up. Ordered 1 copy.

Also, not sure if it matters for pre-orders, but they got more than 999, heh

**** yeah! It's back! Just ordered it from Amazon, and with the 10 dollars in credit from Cataclysm, it only came to 20. Now, to cancel from Best Buy.

And so this is how it starts. Tons of these from cancelled preorders and returns will be on store shelves soon.

[quote name='scottman']And so this is how it starts. Tons of these from cancelled preorders and returns will be on store shelves soon.[/QUOTE]

Not sure how you know their from canceled pre-orders.

Anyways, pre-ordered one from Amazon to go along with my Best Buy pre-order. Thanks for the heads up about it being available at Amazon again.

[quote name='SteveGo']Not sure how you know their from canceled pre-orders.

Anyways, pre-ordered one from Amazon to go along with my Best Buy pre-order. Thanks for the heads up about it being available at Amazon again.[/QUOTE]

I think he is referring to Gamestop where a lot of these cancellations are now happening if you can believe the last few pages of posts. It's amazing, but everywhere I look there are threads about people who pre-ordered two of these. There is even a thread on Amazon of all places with 20-30 people saying they pre-ordered two. This has all the markings of the Devil Summoner PS2 box set with plush where lots of people who had no interest in the game bought it up thinking they would flip it and here it is two years later and the game is still readily available all over the place for MSRP new.

That was fast. I managed to pre-order with Amazon, go back to the page, and Amazon is sold out again.

[quote name='bojay1997']I think he is referring to Gamestop where a lot of these cancellations are now happening if you can believe the last few pages of posts. It's amazing, but everywhere I look there are threads about people who pre-ordered two of these. There is even a thread on Amazon of all places with 20-30 people saying they pre-ordered two. This has all the markings of the Devil Summoner PS2 box set with plush where lots of people who had no interest in the game bought it up thinking they would flip it and here it is two years later and the game is still readily available all over the place for MSRP new.[/QUOTE]

I still have my factory sealed Devil Summoner 1 and 2 LE editions in my house :D...I never thought Devil Summoner would become so rare after literally selling for 19.99 for along time in store shelves before going gonzo. I figures Devil Summoner 2 LE would be the rarer one, but I guess I was wrong.

[quote name='bojay1997']I think he is referring to Gamestop where a lot of these cancellations are now happening if you can believe the last few pages of posts. It's amazing, but everywhere I look there are threads about people who pre-ordered two of these. There is even a thread on Amazon of all places with 20-30 people saying they pre-ordered two. This has all the markings of the Devil Summoner PS2 box set with plush where lots of people who had no interest in the game bought it up thinking they would flip it and here it is two years later and the game is still readily available all over the place for MSRP new.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was assuming this was now in greater supply, so people would cancel to order from amazon. I also bought 2, one to play and one to keep indefinitely, regardless of how rare it turns out in the short term. When you have so many unopened games in the backlog, what's one more?

But now that it seems amazon only had a few more to put up, not so sure anymore if anyone will have them. Doesn't anyone have print run info about this?

[quote name='scottman']Yeah, I was assuming this was now in greater supply, so people would cancel to order from amazon. I also bought 2, one to play and one to keep indefinitely, regardless of how rare it turns out in the short term. When you have so many unopened games in the backlog, what's one more?

But now that it seems amazon only had a few more to put up, not so sure anymore if anyone will have them. Doesn't anyone have print run info about this?[/QUOTE]

No, but you can develop a pretty good rough idea just based on all the stores that are carrying it. The print run has to be at least 100K or more given that it's being stocked at every Gamestop, Best Buy, Kmart, Toys R Us, Target, etc...

Here is how I arrived at that:

Gamestop 4,400 US Stores
Best Buy 1,010 US Stores
Kmart 1,382 US Stores
Toys R Us 585 US Stores
Target 1,745 US Stores
Sears 870 US Stores

Those major stores total just about 10,000 locations and don't include other smaller regional retailers, on-line and independent game shops. Even if the majors only get five copies per store (and let's be honest, Kmart, Target and Toys R Us got cardboard displays for the game in larger locations, so their allocation will likely be 30+ copies), that's a minimum of 50K copies just at large brick and mortar chains on launch day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back