Super Mario All-Stars (Wii) - 25th Anniversary Limited Edition Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Just because there is only one shipment/production run of ___, doesnt mean its going to get rare. The question is, was that singular shipment enough to meet the lifetime demand of the product. Atlus has very small, single runs and many of their recent games will never be valuable.[/QUOTE]
While I hear what you are saying here, it sort of misses the point. Atlus has no character or game as popular as Mario.

[quote name='ackbar7']While I hear what you are saying here, it sort of misses the point. Atlus has no character or game as popular as Mario.[/QUOTE]

right. sure there are people who love Sailor Moon or whatever but people (in a pure numbers sense) aren't obsessively collecting them like Disney stuff.

[quote name='scottman']Actually, I think most of the blemishes are from the printing process, and shrinkwrap probably wouldn't have helped.[/QUOTE]

Some of them jive with that idea, but a few are almost certainly from the copies being slid against one another as they were handled/cased. Interestingly, several also had dings in the corners, which wouldn't have been helped by shrinkwrap at all, but it says a lot about how these are handled before being boxed up.

Swung by Kmart to pick up a copy for an Xmas gift, pretty sure I got the last one. Cant wait to play my own copy that came in from Amazon today.

[quote name='confoosious']today's the 14th.

edit: he ninja edited us, arcane! :)[/QUOTE]

you guys are too quick lol I have no idea why I thought it was the 7th haha

[quote name='Vinny']Well... UPS decided to fuck up both my brother's order and my order (including another order for Ace Attorney Investigations).

Both of our copies were delivered to the wrong house today. Now I have out and ask around in hopes that whoever did get it is honest enough to return the games but with $70 of free games, I doubt it. Already called UPS but they're not taking any responsibility.[/QUOTE]

You have to go back to the retailer you purchased it from, tell them you didn't get the package, then they initiate a trace. UPS will ask the driver where it was delivered, and you'll go from there. If you bought it from Amazon chances are Amazon will throw some money your way or something considering their generous CS.

YAY! My Amazon order shipped Saturady the 11th, was estimated to be received by the 15th but arrived today in better condition than the store copy I purchased , arrived in a cardboard box. which fit the SMAS perfectly with no cushioning. Great Job Amazon!

[quote name='Vinny']Well... UPS decided to fuck up both my brother's order and my order (including another order for Ace Attorney Investigations).

Both of our copies were delivered to the wrong house today. Now I have out and ask around in hopes that whoever did get it is honest enough to return the games but with $70 of free games, I doubt it. Already called UPS but they're not taking any responsibility.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, unusual, but definitely traceable as UPS should require a signature (though they don't always), if it was USPS, I'd say you'd be pretty ass'd out

[quote name='NegativeZero']Hmm, unusual, but definitely traceable as UPS should require a signature (though they don't always), if it was USPS, I'd say you'd be pretty ass'd out[/QUOTE]

Amazon almost never requires a signature for ups residential deliveries. Usually only for pricey deliveries or when the seller pays for delivery conf. But I had a package that was delivered to the wrong address once and it actually showed that address in the tracking info somehow. I went to the house and got it.

[quote name='shrike4242']I'm in the same situation with Amazon and crappy packaging, though I think they have my issues under control after 6-9 months of complaints and conversation with their Executive Customer Relations group.

I can see them possibly pitching a fit if you're returning 33% of your items for refund, though if you're doing that many returns due to damage in shipment or due to packaging issues, that's a completely different matter.[/QUOTE]

During the summer I was returning a bunch of CDs and Blus that came with either dented, cracked or broken cases to get replacements. At the beginning of my return run, I had the option to print out a label directly from Amazon and ship back. After about a month of returns (I was returning maybe 2 items a week) the self-print label option was removed and stated that I would have to cover the cost of postage and they would refund me the cost of shipping to my account. So yea, they do look at that stuff and know the amount that you are returning. I returned something last week and the option to print was back as an option so I think the restriction falls off after a little while.

Woooo I got a great deal on mine!

So, I went to Toys R Us tonight, and they were out of stock of the game. My friend however, works at that same store, so one of her favorite coworkers offered to give her the copy she put on hold because she really didn't want it. So, using the $20 giftcard I got my from Black Ops, plus my friends 10% discount, and a $5 off coupon, I got the game for a grand total of $3.84, plus a free $5 giftcard (I wanted to do the 2 for $25 giftcard, but it was the last copy of Allstars and none of the other games were appealing).

Therefore, even though I would never have considered this at $30, under $5 was a rather sweet deal :)

[quote name='Lord Draconus777']Woooo I got a great deal on mine!

So, I went to Toys R Us tonight, and they were out of stock of the game. My friend however, works at that same store, so one of her favorite coworkers offered to give her the copy she put on hold because she really didn't want it. So, using the $20 giftcard I got my from Black Ops, plus my friends 10% discount, and a $5 off coupon, I got the game for a grand total of $3.84, plus a free $5 giftcard (I wanted to do the 2 for $25 giftcard, but it was the last copy of Allstars and none of the other games were appealing).

Therefore, even though I would never have considered this at $30, under $5 was a rather sweet deal :)[/QUOTE]
Now sell it on Ebay for $900!!!

[quote name='kodave']You have to go back to the retailer you purchased it from, tell them you didn't get the package, then they initiate a trace. UPS will ask the driver where it was delivered, and you'll go from there. If you bought it from Amazon chances are Amazon will throw some money your way or something considering their generous CS.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='NegativeZero']Hmm, unusual, but definitely traceable as UPS should require a signature (though they don't always), if it was USPS, I'd say you'd be pretty ass'd out[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the help guys but good news!:D

Whoever received the packages by mistake dropped them off. I have no idea who it was because they just left them at the door without knocking or ringing the bell and left. My mom found them when she came back home.

I didn't bother contacting Amazon (I know they'd take care of it though)... I was hoping it was delivered around here because our street and the next street are cool about mistakenly delivered packages (13 years here, never had an issue). I was just worried that it was delivered somewhere else in the neighborhood, which would guarantee that I wouldn't get it.

Amazon delayed my 2 orders & I ended up buying a couple today at TRU. Almost every other pack had some minor damage & it took me a while to get the perfect ones. Guy over there was really patient & understanding.
Combine this with $25 gift card & 10% rewards, this is the best possible deal you will ever get on this game.
Already contacted Amazon & will be refusing their shipments whenever they arrive. You disappointed me here Amazon!
Not that it stopped me from paying you almost $100 in other video game purchases this week ;)

I forgot about my 1st preorder from 2months ago.

it showed up today but for some reason Amazon used a nontradional box? Was like a folding box of somekind. Maybe you would ship a hardcover book in it.
Anyway due to this dumb box and no padding The Game box was smashed pretty good on 1 side.
So this will be the copy I play. But i would be really pissed off if I had ordered it to collect and half the box was smashed.

I emailed amazon mainly because they shouldnt be using cheap "boxes" to ship stuff like this.
They gave me a 8.00 giftcard/credit due to the issue.

I have probably bought over 2k worth of stuff the past 3months on amazon with never any shipping issues before and never seen a item come in this fake box that they used to ship SMAS in.

[quote name='theflicker']Are you saying they lied to you about how many copies they received or did they have 4 copies left after you bought 1?[/QUOTE]

I'm saying the store ordered 5 copies and they had 5 copies there on monday.

Has anyone who ordered from Best Buy gotten their order yet? Mine hasn't shown, and my tracking number isn't doing anything either... :whistle2:?

I did get a "shipment on the way" e-mail and they did charge me, which both seem promising, but...I kind of want that tracking number to work.

Check your local Costco. Mine (UT) had a good sixteen copies tonight. With the regular Wii games, $26.99. I would have picked one up, but I already got mine from Amazon (padded envelope, but in perfect shape, +1 blemish on the bottom.)

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']Has anyone who ordered from Best Buy gotten their order yet? Mine hasn't shown, and my tracking number isn't doing anything either... :whistle2:?

I did get a "shipment on the way" e-mail and they did charge me, which both seem promising, but...I kind of want that tracking number to work.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I wanted to cancel last sat cause my amazon order shipped but couldn't. But it still hasn't hit the USPS system yet. Mail Innovations my ass.

It's getting returned anyway so I don't care.

[quote name='Soma_Cruz']I received my game yesterday and it was pretty annoying the way it was sealed with the stickers on top and bottom. I ended tearing a little bit while removing the top sticker but it was on the back, so not much of an issue.[/QUOTE]

Use a blow dryer and heat up the sticker 'til it gets pretty hot. It should loosen the adhesive. Peel slowly and you shouldn't have any residue left.

[quote name='scottman']Amazon almost never requires a signature for ups residential deliveries. Usually only for pricey deliveries or when the seller pays for delivery conf. But I had a package that was delivered to the wrong address once and it actually showed that address in the tracking info somehow. I went to the house and got it.[/QUOTE]

I've never had to not sign for a UPS package from Amazon. That's been the only downside to having Prime, since it always ships with UPS (for me anyway) and I'm never home in the day when they come that means I always have to wait an extra day for them to come back a second time and take the little sticky note with my signature.

[quote name='Cyrian']I've never had to not sign for a UPS package from Amazon. That's been the only downside to having Prime, since it always ships with UPS (for me anyway) and I'm never home in the day when they come that means I always have to wait an extra day for them to come back a second time and take the little sticky note with my signature.[/QUOTE]

Weird, I have Prime and have never had to sign.

Probably depends on your neighborhood.

Requiring a signature costs more money. For regular schmoes it's like an extra $3. I assume it costs amazon more too.

At Best Buy they have a lot of them everywhere the Wii section and even next to the inception DVDs is it really that rare? I'm thinking on buying it

[quote name='Ivanhoe']it showed up today but for some reason Amazon used a nontradional box? Was like a folding box of somekind. Maybe you would ship a hardcover book in it.
Anyway due to this dumb box and no padding The Game box was smashed pretty good on 1 side.[/QUOTE]
Same here...and my CD was scratched. Still, my game disc is perfect, so I can live w/ it.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']Has anyone who ordered from Best Buy gotten their order yet? Mine hasn't shown, and my tracking number isn't doing anything either... :whistle2:?

I did get a "shipment on the way" e-mail and they did charge me, which both seem promising, but...I kind of want that tracking number to work.[/QUOTE]

That stupid tracking thing didn't show anything until the day before a Blu Ray arrived. It had been "shipped" for 5 days when it finally had some information. I expect the same for this game.

My Amazon order came yesterday in a damn padded envelope. Box looks like shit. I was and remain furious. None of the Gamestops around me would sell me a copy yesterday as they were all preorders, so I'm hoping to try again today. Will open the messed up copy I guess.

My Amazon package was just cardboard folded around the game also. I get those packages usually when I order a couple dvds. Somehow it's in pristine condition with four sharp corners. It was in such good shape it yelped a liittle when I sliced the sticker. Maybe it's a Christmas miracle?

The next day I got a 12 month XBL card in a box with bubble packing! It was unharmed as well. :D

My order from GS arrived yesterday, pretty fast for free shipping. GS did a great job with packaging, the box is in perfect condition.

[quote name='$hady']My Amazon package was just cardboard folded around the game also. I get those packages usually when I order a couple dvds. Somehow it's in pristine condition with four sharp corners. It was in such good shape it yelped a liittle when I sliced the sticker. Maybe it's a Christmas miracle?

The next day I got a 12 month XBL card in a box with bubble packing! It was unharmed as well. :D[/QUOTE]
hahaha I couldn't help but rofl at the christmas miracle part

Finally got my order this morning from Amazon in one of those fold-up boxes. No padding whatsoever inside so the corners got a bit dented and are worn from sliding around inside plus it also has that blemish on the bottom that so many people have mentioned. I don't mind the blemish so much as this is for me and I don't have hardcore OCD, but the condition of the corners due to poor packaging does annoy me. I shot Amazon and email to see what they say.:cry:

TRU had a buy one get one 50% off on games/accessories/guides today only.

Was able to pick 2 of these up. Was a great deal with the $25 GC and a $5 reward coupon.

[quote name='kell']TRU had a buy one get one 50% off on games/accessories/guides today only.

Was able to pick 2 of these up. Was a great deal with the $25 GC and a $5 reward coupon.[/QUOTE]

Are you saying the promos stacked? Or are you saying you used a 25$ CG on it?

Long story short, after some hustle I managed to get 2 copies from the local Toys R Us with the $25 gift card. Lesson to be learned is, never quit, never give up trying to get the deal.

BTW, has anyone tried to buy a copy with any of the "Buy 2 get $40 gift card on these $49.99 and up" games? I'm just wondering what the register will do if you try to buy a copy with say, Epic Mickey.

Long story:
Success! I went into Toys R Us again this morning, and the workers in the R Zone again told me they had no copies available, after looking at each other with that odd "I'm hiding something" look. I asked them to check inventory, and sure enough, it indicated that there were 21 copies in stock, but they said they had no idea where they could be in the store, on the truck, blah blah blah.

I had them call over the manager, and calmly and firmly explained the situation to him - I had been told by staff at that store that they had sold 20 or so copies to a single individual on the day of release, and now it seemed they were either keeping the remaining stock for themselves, rationing it out to favored customers/family/friends, or who knows what.

He told me they would find one for me immediately, and sent one of the workers to the backroom where she came back after a minute with a single copy. I told the manager I wanted to purchase 2 copies, one for myself and one as a gift. He indicated to me that it was limit 1 per customer.

So of course I point to the ad which indicates it is 1 gift card deal per customer, but there are no quantity limitations on the games itself. I also indicated I wasn't looking to clear out their inventory, just get 2 copies.

Stood my ground and finally the manager capitulated and told a worker to ring them up together. So I paid the $60 plus tax and took my loot and $25 gift card. I'm going to use it on a couple more copies next week when it's on sale for $19.99. I just plan on giving them out to some of my employees and clients

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my copy from Best Buy, they didnt even have them out for show. I asked an employee and he came out with a mint copy in the plastic box. It didnt even have a yellow best buy price sticker on it.

Feels good man.

[quote name='kell']TRU had a buy one get one 50% off on games/accessories/guides today only.

Was able to pick 2 of these up. Was a great deal with the $25 GC and a $5 reward coupon.[/QUOTE]

where was this?

[quote name='confoosious']Are you saying the promos stacked? Or are you saying you used a 25$ CG on it?[/QUOTE]

Yes, the promos stacked. Got 50% off the second one and a $25 GC.

Math: $29.99 + $29.99 - 14.99(50% promo) -$25.00(for future GC) = 19.99 - $5 reward coupon = $14.99 for 2 games

I forgot to mention that the guy had to manually adjust for the 50%. But there were signs everywhere and I believe it was in the ad as well. They are having a bunch of promotions for today only.

[quote name='kell']Yes, the promos stacked. Got 50% off the second one and a $25 GC.

I forgot to mention that the guy had to manually adjust for the 50%. But there were signs everywhere and I believe it was in the ad as well. They are having a bunch of promotions for today only.[/QUOTE]

Hot damn. TRU FTW ... for the 100th time.

It's hard to tell the scale, but yes Amazon shipped my copy in a 3 foot long box.

71521782.jpg

Yeah, I got the SAME exact box this morning. I was thinking to myself, "What the hell did I order from Amazon that is that big?" And then I open it and it ends up being the Mario game. Amazon really went above and beyond with this packaging.... game came perfect.

I just bought two today and didn't get one for 50% off...

[quote name='fuchikoma']It's hard to tell the scale, but yes Amazon shipped my copy in a 3 foot long box.[/QUOTE]

That's absurd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back