Super Mario All-Stars (Wii) - 25th Anniversary Limited Edition Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
All my 6 local targets are sold out, and so are the 8 or so walmarts but best buy had a few in stock. I got 1 $10 and 1 $20 reward zone coupons that best buy sent out for free, so i bought 2 mario all star games1 for a gift the other to be put away. So i ended up paying $15 each. See how much this thing is worth in a few years. Wait thats if 2012 dont happen ;)

[quote name='confoosious']Probably.

But do you think kids these days would like SMAS? Imagine if you were a kid -- y ou've seen this game knocked off like 100 times in better graphics.[/QUOTE]

My 4-year-old loves it. :)

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']I just called Target saying that they don't have it on the floor but we do have it in the back. What kind of respond is that? I told them to bring them out on the floor for fucking sake! BTW they still have 18 copies left in the box.[/QUOTE]

Wouldnt have them do that my Target had 8 copies all out and every one of them had the Spider wrap security on them and just mangled the fuck out of them

I got my two copies from Newegg and it came in a bubble mailer.
You could imagine what they look like.
I dont even want to give these as gifts which is what they are intended for
DSC01870.jpg

Finished Lost Levels this morning; D-4 with no Warp Zones.

Hard? A couple levels, maybe. Harder than the other Mario games? Definitely.

Can't believe how many of these I remembered patterns for. Honestly, I was eight years old when All-Stars came out...and it's crazy that I remembered things about this game like I played it last week!

Just SMB3 left to 100%.

I got my copy from NewEgg yesterday in the bubble mailer. I was expecting it to look like the ones in the previous post's picture but, to my surprise, it is immaculate. I now wish I'd ordered 2. I see NewEgg has them back in stock but they're now $39.99.

[quote name='nddave']Wouldnt have them do that my Target had 8 copies all out and every one of them had the Spider wrap security on them and just mangled the fuck out of them[/QUOTE]
I did tell them not to put with the Spider Wrap or Security Box because its Collector's Item. I'm glad they didn't put them out yet. I will pick them up later when I get there after lunch.

[quote name='nddave']I got my two copies from Newegg and it came in a bubble mailer.
DSC01870.jpg
[/QUOTE]

For everyone who ripped on my for not preordering on amazon or some other internet site because I wanted to not deal with shipping: lololololo

[quote name='nddave']I got my two copies from Newegg and it came in a bubble mailer.
DSC01870.jpg
[/QUOTE]

A lesson for all of us to consider what games is require to buy retail and what games can be bought online.

[quote name='Drclaw411']For everyone who ripped on my for not preordering on amazon or some other internet site because I wanted to not deal with shipping: lololololo[/QUOTE]

Laughing at others' misfortune.... really?

DSC01870.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Pretty much what mine look like too.
I'm in the middle of returning them to newegg for a refund.

[quote name='Ivanhoe']Pretty much what mine look like too.
I'm in the middle of returning them to newegg for a refund.[/QUOTE]

That's what mine looked like from Amazon, except one of the creased on the front was ripped as well. Sold it to my buddy for $29 cuz he didn't care about the outside box.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']That's what mine looked like from Amazon, except one of the creased on the front was ripped as well. Sold it to my buddy for $29 cuz he didn't care about the outside box.[/QUOTE]

Yeah 1 amazon one looked like it was sat on even though it was in a "box". It was a folding wrap box so it didnt have normal edges so could easily be smashed like it was.

Amazon gave me some credit due to the dmg but my 2nd one had the same thing and they just said sorry.. no credit for that one.. Kinda pissed that they have dmg to them.

[quote name='Ivanhoe']Yeah 1 amazon one looked like it was sat on even though it was in a "box". It was a folding wrap box so it didnt have normal edges so could easily be smashed like it was.

Amazon gave me some credit due to the dmg but my 2nd one had the same thing and they just said sorry.. no credit for that one.. Kinda pissed that they have dmg to them.[/QUOTE]

Everytime my shipment comes out of Phoenix for some reason, I usually have a problem if it's a collector's edition game. The box will be ripped or crushed, etc. When it ships out of a warehouse in Nevada, I usually never have a problem. I don't know, hah.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Everytime my shipment comes out of Phoenix for some reason, I usually have a problem if it's a collector's edition game. The box will be ripped or crushed, etc.[/QUOTE]I can second you on the Phoenix complaint. I bought a "fulfilled by Amazon" used CD off of the Amazon Marketplace and it was shipped out from Phoenix. When it arrived, there was no CD in the case. Being used, it wasn't shrink wrapped so I'm pretty sure whoever packed it swiped the disc.

So I went hunting at TRU yesterday, but none were out. When I asked, the clerk told me they still had some in stock, but were saving them for the sale that begins on Sunday (tomorrow). So if you check TRU tomorrow morning, you might get lucky--I don't know how many stores did that.

[quote name='BShea']Best Buy takes FOREVER to ship to me.[/QUOTE]

Best Buy and Toys R Us are two of the WORST companies to order from online, they both seem to take forever to ship and they ship the slowest possible method.

[quote name='adamical']So I went hunting at TRU yesterday, but none were out. When I asked, the clerk told me they still had some in stock, but were saving them for the sale that begins on Sunday (tomorrow). So if you check TRU tomorrow morning, you might get lucky--I don't know how many stores did that.[/QUOTE]

Great business sense there. Let's prevent you from buying something so we can sell it to you cheaper tomorrow.

[quote name='Chuplayer']Great business sense there. Let's prevent you from buying something so we can sell it to you cheaper tomorrow.[/QUOTE]
Toys R Us has always done that. i remember years ago when i worked in a TRU in Portland Jermaine O'Neal really wanted to buy Star Wars Episode 1 action figures, but we had a sale that started the next day and could not put them out. He said "Do you know who I am?" and I wanted to respond, "19 year old 12th man for the Blazers?" but instead told him it didn't matter and that he could come back tomorrow. In my years of retail customer service jobs, that ranks as one of the strangest interactions I have ever had with a customer.

[quote name='Cmosfm']Best Buy and Toys R Us are two of the WORST companies to order from online, they both seem to take forever to ship and they ship the slowest possible method.[/QUOTE]

I just ordered Lost Planet 2 from BestBuy.com and it was free - they also shipped via UPS. UPS isn't exactly slow.

So even though it is sold out online everywhere, I find out that almost every Target or Best Buy has it in stock. Most of the boxes are also in prestige condition. The BB I went to has 10+ in stock. I bought the red wii and used the giftcard to buy 2 copies. So if you are a perfectionist like me, you should try your local B&M stores.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']I just ordered Lost Planet 2 from BestBuy.com and it was free - they also shipped via UPS. UPS isn't exactly slow.[/QUOTE]
For an individual game, in my experience it is. USPS First Class takes about 3 days to get here, UPS usually takes 7 or 8 days. That is a substantial difference.

[quote name='ackbar7']For an individual game, in my experience it is. USPS First Class takes about 3 days to get here, UPS usually takes 7 or 8 days. That is a substantial difference.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a trap!

[quote name='confoosious']Probably.

But do you think kids these days would like SMAS? Imagine if you were a kid -- y ou've seen this game knocked off like 100 times in better graphics.[/QUOTE]

My kids (6 & 8) enjoy all the NES Mario titiles in their 8 bit glory. Ultimately if the game is fun, the graphics don't matter.

[quote name='cytmike']So even though it is sold out online everywhere, I find out that almost every Target or Best Buy has it in stock. Most of the boxes are also in prestige condition. The BB I went to has 10+ in stock. I bought the red wii and used the giftcard to buy 2 copies. So if you are a perfectionist like me, you should try your local B&M stores.[/QUOTE]

thanks for this! will check out toys r us tomorrow and see if I can get it for 20 since it says 10 dollars off any mario wii game in the ad.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']I just ordered Lost Planet 2 from BestBuy.com and it was free - they also shipped via UPS. UPS isn't exactly slow.[/QUOTE]

My free Best Buy shipping was by Streamlite which I now equate to hella slow. It looks like it takes 5-6 days for Streamlite to get it to the USPS and then the USPS takes it the rest of the way.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']UPS isn't exactly slow.[/QUOTE]
Like all shipping couriers depends on the speed they used. Amazon goes with next day or 2 day, Toys R Us & Best Buy seems to be complete cheap bastards & choose the slowest.

Is this SMAS going to be obsolete after they sell out of this shipment or is it going to be a gain to remain and buy like any other??? I'm asking this because someone told me that once these are gone, they're gone....and they are not getting any more in.

[quote name='GoVols']This SMAS is going to be rare after they sell out of this shipment. These are almost gone, they're almost fucking gone....and they are not getting any more shht in.[/QUOTE]
fixed.

Kmart gamer told me their warehouse is empty of this game. Once they are gone that's it I'm afriad.

I don't know about everyone else but I have loved this 25th birthday campaign. I jumped right on the consumer bandwagon and loved every second!

[quote name='WhoKnowsWho']My free Best Buy shipping was by Streamlite which I now equate to hella slow. It looks like it takes 5-6 days for Streamlite to get it to the USPS and then the USPS takes it the rest of the way.[/QUOTE]

I think Streamlite is secretly an advertisement for Amazon Prime.

My town was sold out of these first thing Monday morning. My Kmart only got 6 copies, and my local Walmart sold out in minutes I guess, although the guy didn't know how many copies they received.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJVtony831
thanks for this! will check out toys r us tomorrow and see if I can get it for 20 since it says 10 dollars off any mario wii game in the ad.

Forget $20...you're not a CAG unless you walk out of TRU paying no more than $16 a piece (plus tax) for 2 copies. Combine the deals, my son!

Just got 2 copies at Toys R Us for $30.48 + tax - combined the sale price with the B1G1 40% off ALL games $19.99 or less. :hot::D

I posted a separate thread on that deal since I'd say it's pretty damn thread-worthy.

[quote name='AJVtony831']thanks for this! will check out toys r us tomorrow and see if I can get it for 20 since it says 10 dollars off any mario wii game in the ad.[/QUOTE]

Forget $20...you're not a CAG unless you walk out of TRU paying more than $16 a piece (plus tax) for 2 copies. Combine the deals, my son!

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']so, who want to be the first to clear the stores in entire city :lol:[/QUOTE]
I'm sure someone on SD already has.

[quote name='Evolved']I'm sure someone on SD already has.[/QUOTE]

Once the TRU combo deal really gets out, I'm sure that will be it, with people cleaning out whatever stock TRU still has and then trying to PM everywhere else...

[quote name='karkyco']Forget $20...you're not a CAG unless you walk out of TRU paying no more than $16 a piece (plus tax) for 2 copies. Combine the deals, my son!

Just got 2 copies at Toys R Us for $30.48 + tax - combined the sale price with the B1G1 40% off ALL games $19.99 or less. :hot::D

I posted a separate thread on that deal since I'd say it's pretty damn thread-worthy.[/QUOTE]

would have been nice if they had at least one in stock but they didn't :cry:

Idk if to wait and hope they somehow get more in, which I doubt or just go buy it for 30 at a gamestop that lists it as having it in stock.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a question to anyone who has played this. Does the video image seem a little off? It looks like it's running at a filtered higher resolution instead of actual 240p like VC games. I'm not sure if the game is designed that way or if it's a forced video mode from the backup loader I have to use on newer games on my hacked console. (I am playing the real game, not a backup btw.)

[quote name='GohanX']I have a question to anyone who has played this. Does the video image seem a little off? It looks like it's running at a filtered higher resolution instead of actual 240p like VC games. I'm not sure if the game is designed that way or if it's a forced video mode from the backup loader I have to use on newer games on my hacked console. (I am playing the real game, not a backup btw.)[/QUOTE]
They mentioned an issue with the video quality on Giant Bomb during their quick look. I wonder if this port is using an interlaced video signal. Anyone know for sure?

[quote name='GoVols']Is this SMAS going to be obsolete after they sell out of this shipment or is it going to be a gain to remain and buy like any other??? I'm asking this because someone told me that once these are gone, they're gone....and they are not getting any more in.[/QUOTE]

You know, I'd like to think Ninty won't re-publish this game in some form, but this generation, companies are much more willing to reprint and release games to make money.

My guess is that the LE edition is indeed a one-print run. However, I do see Ninty republishing just the standalone All-Stars game disc and selling it for $19.99.

Will that depress the price of the LE? Most likely. It could lead to a flood of people unloading their LEs and thus causing the LEs to sell below their MSRP for a brief period.

I dont think theres precedent for Nintendo doing the thing you're talking about. Closest thing would be a Player's Choice line, but it doesnt exist for either Wii or DS. Plus Nintendo wont let anyone touch their stuff so GQD reprint is out. If we exclude Player's Choice/Greatest Hits/etc, I cant think of a single LE/SE where there was no standard edition in the first run but it came later.

Just got a "perfect" copy of the game at Toys R Us for $19.99. There were 3 copies left but I chose only one. The guy there rang it up as $29.99 but after I told him about the ad he acknowledge his mistake. I'm pretty happy.

EDIT: Now that I've ready another threads I should've tried to get another one for 40% off but didn't know.

I wish TRU would get their heads out of their rear end and put a inventory check tool on their site for local stores, it shouldn't HAVE to have in store pick up to find out

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back