Super Mario RPG

What blackbird3216 said.

How much control (copyright, etc.) does Square Enix have over this game? Their VC output has been smaller than tiny thus far; it seems like the chances of getting Super Mario RPG are the same as those for getting Chrono Trigger :cry:

I wouldn't be surprised to see a DS remake instead of a VC release, given Square Enix's recent history.

Wow, there's a title I haven't heard of in years. Takes me WAY back.

I'm surprised we don't hear more CAGs clamoring for this one. Then again, with games this obscure, who really gives a shit?

[quote name='dothog']Wow, there's a title I haven't heard of in years. Takes me WAY back.

I'm surprised we don't hear more CAGs clamoring for this one. Then again, with games this obscure, who really gives a shit?[/quote]

+1

Weve never had a super mario rpg topic. Ever.

@_@

A DS remake would be more likely. but since nintendo is planning something big for the 200th game, its a possibility.

Best fucking game ever. I've beat it countless times. Still have my SNES cart.

I'd rather see a DS port than a VC release, although I'd love either.

I'd rather see a sequel for DS and the original on the VC.
Anyways, if I remember correctly, the ESRB rated SMRPG back at the beginning of the Wii's life cycle.

a ds remake would be awesome! but i hope they do either that or a VC release cuz i havent played this game is a long time cuz i never had the original snes cart and just borrowed from a friend

yeah, i wish this'd come out soon... i remember hearing about it being rated on the esrb site and was convinced it'd be released with super paper mario, and then got excited when mario galaxy came out, but no dice...

i'd be down for a ds release (portable on the go!) as well. come on square-enix!

i remember having my cart's battery die (guess it only lasted so long from 1996) so i had my friend put in a new battery so i could play it again...

Remember all of the cameos??

ss_smrpg_samus2.gif

250px-LinkSuperMarioRPG.jpg
Culex.JPG

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']+1

Weve never had a super mario rpg topic. Ever.

@_@

A DS remake would be more likely. but since nintendo is planning something big for the 200th game, its a possibility.[/quote]

I don't know where anyone came up with the idea that Nintendo was planning anything "big" for their 200th VC game, but they aren't, it's going to come and go without mention.

Wasn't there a big ass rumor awhile back ago or so that there was going to be a DS remake of this except basically updated and Square-Enix characters will be added to the mix as well?

[quote name='bardockkun']Wasn't there a big ass rumor awhile back ago or so that there was going to be a DS remake of this except basically updated and Square-Enix characters will be added to the mix as well?[/QUOTE]
ya, but they never said anything else about it.

The most recent Nintendo Power had a question to the editor about this game. He said it is more likely to be released on the DS than the VC. Either way I want to play this game from all I have heard about it.

I never played this before (had a Genesis instead of SNES). Hopefully the editor was hinting at a release and not just making stuff up.

Square-Enix will make lots money if they port this game on DS w/ Update graphics & extra and sale it for $30 a piece instead $10 on VC.

Full blown CGI cinematics of the Axem Rangers kicking some ass :drool:.

As long as they don't make it suck by adding too many hidden things like FF3 it could be legit.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']It was rated by the ESRB for the Virtual Console before the Wii even launched. I wonder what the deal is.[/quote]

Dr. Mario was also rated for the ERSB, and now its a wiiware title.

interesting...

Over at the Smash Bros area people keep clamoring for Geno. I've always wonder where my Mallow supporters are. If I ever get caught up on my games I'm going to find a ROM for SMRPG. I rented it once and I've always wanted to go back to it.

This was one of my favorite RPG's ever, I HOPE they make a Wii version (I heard they were going to make one for gamecube but it never happened)

ahh Necrojustice you are both wise and clever to have figured out such a ruse. Only you have proven worthy of the title king.

bread's done
Back