Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Gen. Discussion & Info

I was thinking, since they mentioned that Samus wouldn't be the only one to have a whip-like function, could this be hinting more towards a Belmont family member showing up in the game? It would seem a likely move, considering the huge popularity of the series particularly on Nintendo's handhelds, and also that they already have one Konami character in the game.

It's official. She's finally confirmed (yes, she technically appeared like 2 weeks ago..). Now I can call out the week of December 3rd and play this game like crazy.

She looks incredible in this game. I really do love the details on her dress, and no, that's not the fag in me applauding her. Her & Zelda got nice little remakes--their dress' make them look even MORE Royal, which is good since they are.. like.. ya know.. Princess' and stuff.

I really hope her Final Smash is her RAGE from Super Princess Peach..that'd be AWESOME. Peach explodes into a firey rage and goes around TAKIN NAMES!

People do a grave disservice to themselves by not taking Melee and loading up the trainer mode to play it at about 1/4th speed. The level of detail in the animation for the characters is amazing - their facial expressions change, they stretch and distort, etc etc. It's a testament to how well the game is designed graphically, because the sheer amount of frames available is amazing.

Also, when you put it back to normal speed, you get all kinds of fucked up, because you keep thinking THERE AINT NO WAAAAAAAAY IT WAS ALWAYS THAT FAST!

Anyway, good update. I guess it had to come sooner or later.

2 days of waiting...

I guess this means that Toad will not be a playable character. Fine with me.
I hope the next update is an awesome one.
The Monday ones should always be worth the wait.

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']I guess this means that Toad will not be a playable character. Fine with me.
I hope the next update is an awesome one.
The Monday ones should always be worth the wait.[/QUOTE]

True, but the Toad she pulls out doesn't necessarily HAVE to be THE Toad we know.. there's many many many Toads.

I'd love a Toad/Toadette thing going (like the ice climbers).. or maybe even Diddy/Dixie Kong :)

[quote name='lilboo']True, but the Toad she pulls out doesn't necessarily HAVE to be THE Toad we know.. there's many many many Toads.

I'd love a Toad/Toadette thing going (like the ice climbers).. or maybe even Diddy/Dixie Kong :)[/quote]

Ooo, yeah, Diddy/Dixie Kong would be awesome, but unlikely.
I think I'd like Diddy Kong by himself though...

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']
I think I'd like Diddy Kong by himself though...[/QUOTE]
Diddy Kong could be fun if they made him the opposite of Donkey. Make his attacks weak, but he's extremely fast and agile. Would be a good fight to see.

Diddy & Dixie, ideally would be an awesome team because that's what made DKC2 really fun IMO. However, I would love both of them at least to be separate in the game. They could both be 2 kick ass characters. Like Elwood said, Diddy can be the opposite of Donkey--where as Dixie could be similiar to Diddy but slower, BUT float like Peach. Not many people float, we need more. Peach, Kirby, and Jigglypuff are the only ones to come to mind.

Man, now I want Diddy AND Dixie in the game. (Plus, Smash doesn't really have many female characters..they could use a few more IMO)

[quote name='maigoyume']raaaawr now announce ganondorf and i'm all set[/QUOTE]

You do know some interview (I want to say with Aounama, or however you spell it) supposedly confirmed Sheik and Gannondorf, aye? He said his art team submitted the character designs for those characters.

A small confirmation which remains to be seen, but still. It's there.

[quote name='Strell']You do know some interview (I want to say with Aounama, or however you spell it) supposedly confirmed Sheik and Gannondorf, aye? He said his art team submitted the character designs for those characters.

A small confirmation which remains to be seen, but still. It's there.[/quote]schweet, i'm wondering if they'll give him his TP sword, but not the homo hair

So when does everyone think they will stop doing updates? Think they will go right up until the very last Friday before December 3?

If they did..there would be A LOT of updates..though, sometimes the updates are completely worthless.

My understanding is that they did this with the last game and that they kept it going for at least a little while after release, though I dont remember how long they say it was.

[quote name='lilboo']She looks incredible in this game. I really do love the details on her dress, and no, that's not the fag in me applauding her. Her & Zelda got nice little remakes--their dress' make them look even MORE Royal, which is good since they are.. like.. ya know.. Princess' and stuff.[/QUOTE]I totally agree, particularly with Peach. Her dress is so pretty!

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']My understanding is that they did this with the last game and that they kept it going for at least a little while after release, though I dont remember how long they say it was.[/quote]

Do you know how much of the game was revealed?
I still want to be suprised when I get the game...
I should probably stop looking at the updates. :cry:

I don't think the secret characters in SSBM were revealed until AFTER the game came out.
If they release the entire roster before the game comes out (excluding hidden ones) it's ok, because it won't be THAT much of a secret. In fact, I like knowing who's going to be in the game ahead of time, but that's just me.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']I totally agree, particularly with Peach. Her dress is so pretty![/QUOTE]

And ty for agreeing and NOT making fun of me, LOL :)

So, who's left from Melee?

Ganondorf
Young Link
Ice Climbers
Mr. Game & Watch
Luigi
Dr. Mario
Falco
Pichu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Marth
Roy
Ness
Captain Falcon

Luigi, Ness, Jigglypuff and Captain Falcon are pretty much guaranteed (seeing as how they've been there from the start start of the series), and Ganondorf's already been "confirmed." The others are completely up in the air.

[quote name='Greetard']So, who's left from Melee?

Ganondorf
Young Link
Ice Climbers
Mr. Game & Watch
Luigi
Dr. Mario
Falco
Pichu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Marth
Roy
Ness
Captain Falcon

Luigi, Ness, Jigglypuff and Captain Falcon are pretty much guaranteed (seeing as how they've been there from the start start of the series), and Ganondorf's already been "confirmed." The others are completely up in the air.[/quote]

I don't know about that. Luigi is pretty close to a Mario clone, so if he does make it, I bet he'd be way different. What about Ness? Maybe he'll get replaced with that new guy. I hope Ike replaces both Marth and Roy though. I get tired of everybody talkin about those losers. Haha.

[quote name='Greetard']So, who's left from Melee?

Ganondorf
Young Link
Ice Climbers
Mr. Game & Watch
Luigi
Dr. Mario
Falco
Pichu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Marth
Roy
Ness
Captain Falcon

Luigi, Ness, Jigglypuff and Captain Falcon are pretty much guaranteed (seeing as how they've been there from the start start of the series), and Ganondorf's already been "confirmed." The others are completely up in the air.[/quote]
These are the only ones that should return IMO out of that list .

Ganondorf
Luigi
Falco
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Ness
Captain Falcon

And when you factor out the four originals since they are pretty much guaranteed and Ganondorf since he was pretty much confirmed, that only leaves:

Mewtwo
Falco

For me to be waiting on.

Roy was my main in Melee, but as long as Ike turns out to be similar, then I don't mind Roy being cut.

I like how Peach is winking when she does her hip attack :lol:.

So how's the online aspect of this game looking? I haven't heard diddly about online play on the Wii.

Yeah, the winking booty bump is cutee. :lol:

It'd be so dope to have online Smash.

Strell, dallowbg.. YOUR SOULS WOULD BE MINE!

Although it's nowhere near certain, I'm going to go ahead and predict (once again) that Viewtiful Joe is up in the mix. Or did maigo predict that one?

I mean, he made his start on the GCube, so he passes that prereq about having to debut on a nintendo system. He's also been in his own Melee-style game (despite it lacking fun), and his move set wouldn't be awkward to convert into the Brawl setting, unlike a certain hedgehog that enjoys losing to plumbers in foot races.

Add to the equation that he has the potential for a nice Final Smash (slo-mo, anyone?), and you've got the makings of a good candidate.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Although it's nowhere near certain, I'm going to go ahead and predict (once again) that Viewtiful Joe is up in the mix. Or did maigo predict that one?

I mean, he made his start on the GCube, so he passes that prereq about having to debut on a nintendo system. He's also been in his own Melee-style game (despite it lacking fun), and his move set wouldn't be awkward to convert into the Brawl setting, unlike a certain hedgehog that enjoys losing to plumbers in foot races.

Add to the equation that he has the potential for a nice Final Smash (slo-mo, anyone?), and you've got the makings of a good candidate.[/QUOTE]

I dont buy that there is a requirement of starting off on a Nintendo system. If Sega is willing, Sonic will appear in the game.

[quote name='Strell']Get out. Now.[/quote]Heh heh. Although Luigi and Mario are similar, I have to say that Luigi is an unstopable force to watch out for. When playing with my brother, he will always pick Luigi and give me an INTENSE battle every time. That foward smash attack is really deadly.

[quote name='foltzie']I dont buy that there is a requirement of starting off on a Nintendo system. If Sega is willing, Sonic will appear in the game.[/quote]Well techinically according to Gamefaqs Metal Gear was released on the MSX before the NES, so this is solid proof to there is no requirement anymore?

I thought the requirements stated that they only HAD to be on a Nintendo system, not debut. So things like Cloud couldn't be in it, but Snake could as he has Twin Snakes, Metal Gear, etc.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']He's also been in his own Melee-style game (despite it lacking fun)[/QUOTE]
Really? I liked VJ. I thought it was good fun. And fucking hard in places, but maybe it seemed hard because it had been so long at the time since I'd played a challenging game.

However, I'll admit that VJ is one of the games that made me dislike the GC controller: using the shoulder buttons in VJ is not fun as you have to press them all the way to get it to engage. I think the GC controller is generally very comfortable, but those shoulder buttons could be improved upon.

Anyhow, I'd agree that VJ in SSBB is more acceptable than Sonic. To hell with Sonic. He runs fast to terrible guitar rock. THAT'S ALL HE DOES.

[quote name='naes']I swear, if Captain Falcon isn't in this game, I'll eat my underwear.[/quote]

You don't wear underwear.

[quote name='dothog']Really? I liked VJ. I thought it was good fun. And fucking hard in places, but maybe it seemed hard because it had been so long at the time since I'd played a challenging game.

However, I'll admit that VJ is one of the games that made me dislike the GC controller: using the shoulder buttons in VJ is not fun as you have to press them all the way to get it to engage. I think the GC controller is generally very comfortable, but those shoulder buttons could be improved upon.

Anyhow, I'd agree that VJ in SSBB is more acceptable than Sonic. To hell with Sonic. He runs fast to terrible guitar rock. THAT'S ALL HE DOES.[/QUOTE]

He was referencing VJ: Red Hot Rumble, which was a blatant rip-off of SSBM.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Although it's nowhere near certain, I'm going to go ahead and predict (once again) that Viewtiful Joe is up in the mix. Or did maigo predict that one?

Add to the equation that he has the potential for a nice Final Smash (slo-mo, anyone?), and you've got the makings of a good candidate.[/quote]thanks for the credit beef, his moves would translate fairly easily into melee and his final smash could be slow (like you mentioned) + zoom + RHOH (Red Hot One Hundred) or something to that effect, VJ 1 + 2 were awesome games, probably some of the best i played last gen, in terms of beat'em ups at least, red hot rumble on the other hand was lacking in terms of a deep gameplay system, it was just CHAOTIC, i bought it just to complete my VJ experience

If RHR didn't feel like one big minigame, then I think I would've liked it a bit more.

In either case, now that Peach is official, I'm just hoping that Kirby's former power is returned to him. God, he was nerfed so terribly in melee...

I hope Peach can somehow pluck the SMA giant vegetables, be it a final smash, or a rare one, not unlike the elderly death turnip.

[quote name='pop311']where is the update? All I see is Peach, wonderfully packed with Vitamin C.[/quote]

Yeah, I had the same problem originally. I had to hit refresh before Link showed.

[quote name='lilboo']What was Link's side special move before??? *forgets*[/quote]

I believe it was just a regular boomerang, without the wind or pullback effect.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']He was referencing VJ: Red Hot Rumble, which was a blatant rip-off of SSBM.[/QUOTE]
Ah. My apologies on the misunderstanding, beef.

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']...I was hoping for a more epic update. :/[/quote]

This is actually my second favorite update. (Ike as a character was my favorite) I say this because I always liked Link in Smash Bros. before, but I always liked Roy better for his charged sword attack, but now since Link can charge his spink attack, he might become my new main depending on how good the charge actually is.

Eh, this is still pretty cool. The moves look mostly the same as the old Link's, but refreshingly modified to fit the Twilight Princess motif.

And the clawshot bit was pretty funny.

bread's done
Back