Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Gen. Discussion & Info

Poor Zelda - mercilessly killed by two Pits and an Ike. Man, I cannot get a Princess Kick off when there's lag. [/silly excuse]

EDIT: I'm watching evergoo and dmunkee play. Man, Ike's UpSmash is fierce!

Poor evergoo. I could tell all of your deaths were due to lag. And on 1v1? This is odd.

EDIT: Agh! There were so many times I thought I had you in a Princess Kick. Darn this game!

[quote name='Arikado']Anyone up for a few 1v1s before I have to head out?[/quote]I have a game up

Sorry for turning some of you down, Kado wanted to play 1v1

[quote name='JoeB1233']Poor evergoo. I could tell all of your deaths were due to lag. And on 1v1? This is odd.

EDIT: Agh! There were so many times I thought I had you in a Princess Kick. Darn this game![/QUOTE]

LAAAAAGGG. Damn Nintendo servers.

Either way, I still think you're better than me. At least I minimized your chain grabs to 1-2 per encounter.

[quote name='SnorE']anyone down to brawl?[/quote]
I had a game up.

Damn I got dropped and lost connection! That was a fun 1v1 situation me and Suko were having. Now I can't connect and I keep getting error codes. Not Nintendo's fault sometimes my firewall likes to lock out my Wii.

[quote name='JoeB1233']I'm up, but am determined to finish Classic Mode with all characters. Only four more to go![/QUOTE]

That isn't too bad. All-Star Mode, on the other hand...

[quote name='Arikado']That isn't too bad. All-Star Mode, on the other hand...[/quote]

Urgh. Don't remind me. And after that, 100-Man Brawl. And after that, trophy collecting. And after that...

IT NEVER ENDS!

EDIT: SnorE, I'm going to finish it with two more characters, then I'll hop online. Hope you're still around!

Hard? Not really. I doubt my ability to complete it with some of the characters, but I'll bet I can eventually get it. But it's time-consuming.

Yeah, I just realized this is probably what you didn't understand: I'm trying to do it with all characters to get that vault entry.

[quote name='The Crotch']100 Man Brawl? Seriously? DK + DownB = GG.[/quote]

Well, when I get to playing it as DK, I'll keep that advice in mind.

In other news, who wants to play? evergoo, I didn't enter because I wasn't sure if you were waiting for someone else to play against. Given that we've already had several great 1v1 matches today. Wait, you just changed to seeking brawl again. I think you're inviting me to doom.

I accept! :D

GGs, Strell. I was tired+hungry, so I left early. I don't know how many matches we had, but that was the longest I've ever played Brawl, haha. Looks like my weakness is DeDeDe's up+b move. But my ROB improved a lot since our tourney match.

Also, GGs to Joe(?) and Snore earlier. Snake is whacky =/

[quote name='JoeB1233']SnorE: I don't think you can.

evergoo: I thought we'd see if me hosting would clear up any of the lag.[/QUOTE]

I think it's my fault because I'm DLing stuff. Sorry.

Hey, I'm getting better against your King Dedede...I think. I still need more practice, especially avoiding that fsmash.

BTW, that was my first time playing Snake online. He might be my second main.

[quote name='evergoo']I think it's my fault because I'm DLing stuff. Sorry.

Hey, I'm getting better against your King Dedede...I think. I still need more practice, especially avoiding that fsmash.

BTW, that was my first time playing Snake online. He might be my second main.[/quote]

Snake is quite good! He managed to frustrate all of my characters quite severely. And I thought you had me in that Dedede vs. Snake match. But the worst were poor Sheik and Marth :cry:! (I'm still tier-whoring from Melee)

Anyway, I agree, your Ike is improving! Not that it needs to - I have to be so extremely careful against him as Dedede, and he just destroys Marth, Zelda, and Sheik.

[quote name='aTOH']GGs, Strell. I was tired+hungry, so I left early. I don't know how many matches we had, but that was the longest I've ever played Brawl, haha. Looks like my weakness is DeDeDe's up+b move. But my ROB improved a lot since our tourney match.

Also, GGs to Joe(?) and Snore earlier. Snake is whacky =/[/quote]

aTOH, that actually wasn't me. But I added you regardless. We have to play each other for the tournament in a couple of days, so I thought now would be a good time to add.

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']I was trying to play some games with you two, but it wouldn't let me in the room. :[[/QUOTE]

Yeah, sorry about that. I pressed OK to let you join a little too late, and I guess you cancelled before that.

JoeB1233 - So, that was you online, but not you playing, right? Or is there two Joe's?

I thought to myself twice.
"Hey, I might beat him!"
Once was with Lucas, but I didn't win.
The second was with Ike, but then I fucking fell because of the stupid stage change. :bomb:

Well, great job Joe.

Yay!

Yeah, that Ike ForwardB definitely ended at an unfortunate time. Just in time for you lose a life for no good reason.

You're really good with Lucas (I mean, you're good with all of your characters, but to me Lucas stood out the most)! I'd like to play again some time!

Thanks. :]
Maybe we can play sometime tomorrow.

I'm off to sleep though. G'night everyone.

Also, my King D3 is nothing like yours.
I saw your strategy after awhile. It's great.

Is there a way to select zero suit Samus w/o using the final smash with samus? I'm confused in this regard. I never fought anyone that was good in samus anyways.

[quote name='hero101']Is there a way to select zero suit Samus w/o using the final smash with samus? I'm confused in this regard. I never fought anyone that was good in samus anyways.[/QUOTE]

Don't quote me, but I think if you hold R (gamecube config) when selecting you'll start as zero suit samus.

I found that I had to hold R before selecting Samus to get it to work.

Edit: GG's. I guess that's what I get for not playing for a bit.

aTOH - thanks for the matches. I really need the practice, and this is the best way I can do it for now. Still formulating a good plan against Rob, but at least I can put down a few things as strategy.

Sorry to the people I was refusing to let come into our games last night (JFD, someone else...I think "Marc" but I could be wrong). I really wanted the practice.

Also, sorry for not posting a follow-up to last night, aTOH. I didn't have access to a computer. It's a dumb explanation so just rest assured it's valid.

dallow, I'll be up for some games tonight. I haven't played a lot of people on this board, and I want more experience.

bread's done
Back