Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Gen. Discussion & Info

suko! I can't have you being sad!

*jumps on*

Also, I decided my format will be Random for 4 matches, Dedede for 2, Yoshi for 2. Although, against hero I got a pink Dedede twice in random.

EDIT: I IS SO MAD. WHERE IS YA'LL!?!?

Looks like I'm the one lagging I think. Sorry about that Daisydog and JoeB. GG's though!

[quote name='JoeB1233']suko, if for whatever reason we do another CAG teams tourney, we should TOTALLY make a D3 team. If only for friendlies.[/QUOTE]

Oh snap, I'd love that!

[quote name='JoeB1233']*ignores Maigo*

And then gives him a big hug to make him feel better. :D
[/quote]

Joe is turning sour and sweet.

What? No one on brawl right now?

GGs Nina & Janet. Nina, you have a good ZSS and G&W there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the games Maigo, Joe, Suko and Hero. Unexplainable lag towards the end, but Joe insisted on Final Destination. Well the matches with Hero were fine. Sorry I had to leave so soon :cry:

[quote name='hero101']Joe is turning sour and sweet.

What? No one on brawl right now?

GGs Nina & Janet. Nina, you have a good ZSS and G&W there.[/quote]

Thanks hero! GG too. I usually suck with ZSS. I guess I got lucky. :lol:

[quote name='Daisydog']Thanks for the games Maigo, Joe, Suko and Hero. Unexplainable lag towards the end, but Joe insisted on Final Destination. Well the matches with Hero were fine. Sorry I had to leave so soon :cry:[/quote]

Random insisted on FD two times in a row. And DK two times in a row earlier in the night.

I'll be on Brawl...awaiting anyone until my friends get here.

Edit: No one came, but it's okay.

Thirteenth place this past Saturday. :(

Did better than I thought against Metaknight with Lucario, though, although it was surpising how good Ike can be when he jab-throws you.

Off topic but now that the season is pretty much over any Smash CAGs have SoulCalibur 4 for the PS3. Feel free to add my PSN name (to the left).

[quote name='Mad D']Off topic but now that the season is pretty much over any Smash CAGs have SoulCalibur 4 for the PS3. Feel free to add my PSN name (to the left).[/QUOTE]

Also somewhat off-topic. We need to create an exclusive club for PSWii owners so that we can brag about how much fun we're having to peeps like hero, Strell, and Nina. Btw, make sure to post in this PS3 online gaming thread so that we can play in other online games besides Smash:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149288

The last SC game I ever tried to get any good at was....SC on the Dreamcast. Damn those were the days.

I'm at a breaking point where I'm either going 360 or PS3, and right now I'm leaning in the 360 direction, so if peeps gon' speak up to the contrary, better let me know now.

[quote name='Strell']The last SC game I ever tried to get any good at was....SC on the Dreamcast. Damn those were the days.

I'm at a breaking point where I'm either going 360 or PS3, and right now I'm leaning in the 360 direction, so if peeps gon' speak up to the contrary, better let me know now.[/QUOTE]

Get a PS3. Gamesharing (pay as low as 20% for DLC), one of the best Blu-Ray players on the market, FREE online, awesome user interface (XMB), and CAG Game Nights.

[quote name='evergoo']Get a PS3. Gamesharing (pay as low as 20% for DLC), one of the best Blu-Ray players on the market, FREE online, awesome user interface (XMB), and CAG Game Nights.[/quote]
Don't forget that That Triple has a better d-pad than the 360. That alone makes me want one when SFIV and KoFXII get released.

Strell, for the articulated reasons above you should get a PS3.

An additional reason: You can add me to your friends list! I know it's not a seller, but it would sell ME.

[quote name='dyeknom']
An additional reason: You can add me to your friends list! I know it's not a seller, but it would sell ME.[/QUOTE]

360 it is!

:]

Strell.... mean airse.

[quote name='BlueLobstah']
Guess you guys are going to leave me all alone with my Wii. :cry:[/quote]

Oh I don't plan on entirely abandoning my Wii... but I seriously needed to branch out and play the 8 billion in backlog ive accumulated.

I'll probably be joining the PSWii ranks shortly, since that's how it usually ends up ever since the PS/N64 days. Little Big Planet and Valkyria Chronicles (among others) pretty much sealed the deal.

On topic, I'm hoping to get back into Brawl shortly. I've been experiencing Brawl disc read errors for a while now, so I ended up ordering the Wii lens cleaning kit from play-asia. That thing worked like a charm, so I'm back in business!

[quote name='dyeknom']Strell.... mean airse.
[/QUOTE]

Alright.

Who's the jerk who has been saying otherwise? I don't want you people thinking I'm nice or something.

360 vs PS3

360:
  • +I already have a good amount of DLC that can transfer to a new system
  • + Multiplatform games appear to be better on the 360 overall
  • + XBL, which I already have a membership until 2010
  • + Netflix
  • + Braid
  • + Settlers of Catan
  • - Wants to wait until Jaspers are around, which might be another month

PS3:
  • + Bluray (but what are the odds of it becoming not-the-latest standard down the line?)
  • + Greater potential for quirky Japanese games
  • + More reliable hardware
  • + Free online, which I am told is "getting better"
  • + Cheaper marketplace stuff
  • - Dallow owns one

The problem is that I can't really name any exclusives that I care about on either platform. Halo/Gears aren't my thing. I think the only one that I'm honestly looking forward to would be Team ICO's next project. MGS4 is sort of want but not wholly justifiable.

But after that, they are pretty much identical. I got used to the 360's controller really quickly and I must admit it felt really nice, so I'm curious if I'll adapt to the PS3's all that well.

Much like mathematics, when something is on both sides of the equation, it is removed for simplification's sake.

I make this shit algebraic, brah.

If I knew Braid and Catan would end up on the Sony Store (ugh), then that would remove two big pluses. And I guess if I could compare the controllers directly (CoD4 would be the best way for me to do this), then that issue would be put to rest.

I mean when I really blur my vision, bluray is the only major difference, aye? Especially if I can't name any true exclusives on either side I really care about. And while I'd like to think that would end the argument, there's too much at stake with online/digital gaming at this point, where I personally think MS wins out overall. Plus - and this is something I don't think can really be measured - which online platform ends up with more people that would actually play games with me? Seems like if I wasn't up and up on the latest 360 game, it was a total bust trying to play anything multi on there. Probably no different on Sony's end.

Bah.

I'm also playing the waiting card on the PS3 since Sony is more likely to issue out a PSThree at some point instead of the monolith they've got now. I guess you could call that a minus, and really I could trade up down the line, but eh.

Yeah, they are pretty much the same. It's just the 360 does a few things better in my opinion. Which mainly comes down to the superior XBLA and the much more reliable LIVE service.

[quote name='BlueLobstah']Hey Marc, I don't think you should give up your Brawl career to chase your popstar dreams quite yet.[/quote]
I think he is going to move on to chess. He is going pro for sure. :cool:

[quote name='evergoo']
Check out my new videos of me singing in SingStar. [/QUOTE]What the.. Why aren't lasers coming out your face!

:lol:

bread's done
Back