Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='KhaosX']They need a large steady stage... something like Hyrule Castle in Melee.[/quote]
How long have I been saying the same thing?

All the stages may change and are interactive and stuff, but the stage design themselves are kind of generic and bland, which has been noticed by a lot of other people too.

I don't think we'll get quite what we are asking for, they seem to be intent on creating maps that constantly change, but we'll prolly get one thats good enough.

[quote name='AmigoOne']How long have I been saying the same thing?

All the stages may change and are interactive and stuff, but the stage design themselves are kind of generic and bland, which has been noticed by a lot of other people too.

I don't think we'll get quite what we are asking for, they seem to be intent on creating maps that constantly change, but we'll prolly get one thats good enough.[/quote]

I think we will, we're expecting alot early.
I'm sure all the awesome stuff is being held for when the game launches.
Also, I think there will be LOTS of stages and even more characters.
Here's hoping I'm right...

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']I think we will, we're expecting alot early.
I'm sure all the awesome stuff is being held for when the game launches.
Also, I think there will be LOTS of stages and even more characters.
Here's hoping I'm right...[/quote]worse case scenario they can always put up downloadable content and keep updating the game for balancing issues

I highly, highly, HIGHLY doubt Nintendo is going to have downloadable content. I'll believe it when Sonic appears in the menu, pimping it out.

maybe I'm obsessed a bit w/ the Peach, but I wonder what (IF there IS) the stage will be like. I didn't really like fighting on top of it last time..I hope they have the battle take place inside. Ya know, the type of scene we saw inside the castle back in Mario 64..the stairs..the second floor..lol bwahaha...

I'm almost tempted to say that they should give this game another year of development, just so they can put in more stages/characters...and make everything absolutely perfect. Right now, my biggest fear is that it's being rushed for the '07 holiday season.

[quote name='SMMM']I'm almost tempted to say that they should give this game another year of development, just so they can put in more stages/characters...and make everything absolutely perfect. Right now, my biggest fear is that it's being rushed for the '07 holiday season.[/QUOTE]

Nahh, I bet they have been working on this since Smash Bros Melee came out.

[quote name='SMMM']I'm almost tempted to say that they should give this game another year of development, just so they can put in more stages/characters...and make everything absolutely perfect. Right now, my biggest fear is that it's being rushed for the '07 holiday season.[/quote]
I'm sure it'll be fine.
Besides, I think this was supposed to be a launch title.
So seeing it dated for December 3rd is a good thing, I think.

Still, they need to leave things for the next SSB game.
If there'll be one...

Sheik and Ganondorf in Brawl, so says Aonuma!

GI: Have you been consulted at all for the usage of Link or Sheik or Ganondorf for Smash Bros. Brawl?

Aonuma: I’ve been working with Sakurai for a very long time with this new Smash Bros., because the Wii came out and when discussion for a new Smash Bros. took place nobody could think of anyone other than Sakurai working on it. He was kind of the default, and I was very happy to hear that he would be working on it. Actually, my designers did work on the designs for Sheik and Link and Ganondorf. So they submitted the initial designs, and so it would fit in the Smash Bros. Brawl environment, they’ve had to tweak some of the designs. But Sakurai has brought those altered designs to NCL. We’re working very closely with the team of Smash Bros. Brawl to make sure the characters look their best.

http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200708/N07.0802.1741.54921.htm

AMAZING update!

I guess its safe to say that Peach is back too!

Any idea who the green-haired lady is (in the screen shot with Pit on the bottom left)???

GOD! CAN'T WAIT! XD

http://youtube.com/watch?v=klfM-xkZSBE

Youtube link.

Also..

4lil92v.jpg

66ueeyo.jpg

fuck yea!

is that the lady who gives you all the cool gear before the last stage in Kid Icarus?

[quote name='Gameboy415']Who's that?!?

Thanks for the youtube link btw! :D[/QUOTE]

Palutena from Kid Icarus. Or in other words, the lady who gives you all the cool gear before the last stage in Kid Icarus

Cool.

So in terms of characters, we now know about 17 by my count:

1. Mario
2. Link
3. Pikachu
4. Kirby
5. Fox
6. Samus/Zero Suit Samus
7. Zelda/Sheik(?)
8. Bowser
9. DK
10. Yoshi
11. Pit
12. Wario
13. Ike
14. Metaknight
15. Snake
16. Peach
17. Gannondorf (?)

This is assuming that Zero Suit Samus and Sheik are not separate characters of course.

There are still 13 characters from Melee that haven't returned, but several of them were clones so perhaps they'll show up as alternate costumes this time.

350px-MeleeCharacters.jpg

We've still got a few more 3rd-party characters coming too!
I'm hoping for:
-Sonic
-Mega Man
-Bomberman
-Pac man

:D

modea02_070803g.jpg

Take notes, kids. This is what is going to happen to you when you play me online. If online ever happens, that is.

Groin-grabbingly good update.

[quote name='Strell']
modea02_070803g.jpg

Take notes, kids. This is what is going to happen to you when you play me online. If online ever happens, that is.

Groin-grabbingly good update.[/quote]

It is an update worthy of Strell Wii-Waggle :speaktothehand:

I have to say, it's a pretty good week when the announcement of an actual newcomer isn't the week's best update.

Today's update has shifted my interest in this game from "get it first day at all costs" to "call in sick to work on release day."

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']This is a strange statement. Why would you say something like this.[/quote]

Maybe it's a joke aimed at the gamecube and it's smaller storage size.

PEACH THE DESTROYER RETURNS

and I'll take adventure mode for $50, sora.

this game looks unbelivably good. graphicallly and in fun. i just hope all this hype is for nothing and that it actually delivers because i'm heavily anticipating this game

I love it, Peach floating in and lading gracefully it hilarious. It would be a bit better of the parasol deflated when she landed.

[quote name='WiiGame']this game looks unbelivably good. graphicallly and in fun. i just hope all this hype is for nothing and that it actually delivers because i'm heavily anticipating this game[/quote]i think we all share the same sentiment

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']This is a strange statement. Why would you say something like this.[/QUOTE]

It's not strange. It's a jab at the companies who deliver incomplete content and then patch them like crazy over the net.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PEACH!
:D

She OBVIOUSLY has to be next week's update! I love how she floats down!!! Oh GOD I'm calling out of work for AIDS that week!!! Make it 2 weeks!!! AAAHHH

modea02_070803b-l.jpg

So what's that chasing Fox?

modea02_070803c-l.jpg

So...wait..what villian rides around with a pig face?...Wizpig..????

now thats an update, it would be cool if every fri update was a lil bigger than the rest of the weak, def something to look forward to especially since I hear Big N will be a no show at TGS

I like how the Zelda in that video is nothing like any Zelda in the series, the way she rushes in to aid, and stands like a warrior.

^^^ AWWWW F*CK.

Edit: Hmmm. Aananag or whatever just deleted their post that showed possibility of Sonic being confirmed inside of Brawl. Hence the arrows.

Edit 2: From my post over at NWR:

It would be beyond awesome if the adventure mode had the characters fighting the enemies of the other characters.

In other words, Samus gets warped into Kirby's world/universe (Dreamland?) and has to fight off King Dedede and all those minions. Star Fox pops into Angel World (Angel Land? Can't remember...) and has to shoot down some Egg Plant Wizards. Metaknight ends up in Hyrule.

That would easily, easily make this one of the best games of all time. Basically creating a gigantic 2D side scroller mismatch.

Like all the villians somehow got together and stole their trophies. Maybe it's like each character's soul. So they have to go to those other universes to get their trophy. (Something like all the Disney villians in Kingdom Hearts cooperating into their own Legion of Doom.)

You'd have to fight your way out with each character and reclaim your trophy.

/super wishful need-new-pants thinking

Jaw, meet floor.

Hey lilboo: That appears to be a demonic ram chasing Fox, and overall that level looks Kid Icarus-inspired. The "pig gun" level appears to be aboard the "Subspace Emissary," as one of those little robots is also there.

So here's what I'm thinking, kind of a variation of Strell's idea:

You can use any of the characters to go through the single-player game. Like Kingdom Hearts, each level will be the home world of a different character. Depending on who you're playing, perhaps the last world will be your character's own, but I don't think they'll deliberately place characters in different worlds just for the heck of it. You'll travel through them all, no matter who you choose. This will allow the single player game to be more robust overall, rather than many smaller, less robust mini adventures.

bread's done
Back