Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='Strell']^^^ AWWWW F*CK.

Edit: Hmmm. Aananag or whatever just deleted their post that showed possibility of Sonic being confirmed inside of Brawl. Hence the arrows.[/quote]

Ahhh, what did this post consist of?

[quote name='munch']I think you can see Sonic in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU

Look in the back around the 2:23 mark.[/quote]Dang it! Fell for it again!

Anyway, this is the only game, out of every upcoming game for any system that makes me truly excited.

Looking at these pictures from the Adventure mode made me feel like a child again looking an old EGM or Gamepro.
This is the only game that makes me feel this way.

I would get rid of my PS3 for this if it was the only option.

If they can keep one really good update each week.. it'll drive us insane.. lol

It's funny..Meta Knight and Snake have been confirmed since the first trailer--I wonder why their profiles aren't up yet? Now with this recent trailer we can add Peach to that update.

I guess when we see an update on Monday and it's "Peach" or "Meta Knight" it won't be that big of a deal since.. we knew it..sigh

I really hope Tom Nook makes it as a character..it's pretty neat that they have an Animal Crossing stage..and so far included at least one item related to the game..I just really wanna beat his ass..that's all :)

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']This is a strange statement. Why would you say something like this.[/quote]
[quote name='hohez']Maybe it's a joke aimed at the gamecube and it's smaller storage size.[/quote]
I assumed he was making fun of developers that intentionally leave out content so they can later charge for it as DLC.

[quote name='yukine']I assumed he was making fun of developers that intentionally leave out content so they can later charge for it as DLC.[/quote]
That made sense once it was pointed out, but the first thing I thought was that he was addressing the concerns about developers having to leave content out for games where multiple discs doesn't make sense (PGR4 for 360).

All of that looks stunning and makes my mouth water at the prospect of finally being able to play this game. How long can this dedicated Nintendo fan wait!

Looks really awesome, that's basically 2 characters today, & a sneak peak at what looks like a great 1 player mode. I'm wondering how long it'll be, & if secret characters would be in it too, & how the story works etc. Also, as a few people suggested on the other thread, that screenie with Mario, Kirby, Peach & Zelda could imply a 4 player CoOp. That would be excellent.

Oh, and that last scene where Mario was in his DBZ stance was so awesome. :)

People say Galaxy is the best looking Wii game, but I beg to differ with what we've seen so far. The story looks interesting. But...are we going to get voice acting or word bubbles or nothing? I mean, right now looking at it just seems like bad guy a + b show up, you destroy them and move on. Which is fine, but maybe depth will be something he adds.
Sakurai can do whatever he wants with this game, and I mean anything, so voice acting might not be out of the question with him.

[quote name='KhaosX']I like how the Zelda in that video is nothing like any Zelda in the series, the way she rushes in to aid, and stands like a warrior.[/quote]
Zelda in Wind Waker does a little fighting.

I wonder if we will also get Wind Waker versions of Link and Zelda in this game.

[quote name='KingBroly']People say Galaxy is the best looking Wii game, but I beg to differ with what we've seen so far. The story looks interesting. But...are we going to get voice acting or word bubbles or nothing? I mean, right now looking at it just seems like bad guy a + b show up, you destroy them and move on. Which is fine, but maybe depth will be something he adds.
Sakurai can do whatever he wants with this game, and I mean anything, so voice acting might not be out of the question with him.[/quote]

Personally, I don't want to see voice acting. That has the potential to ruin the game for me. Nintendo characters don't talk. That is that.

[quote name='Rocko']Personally, I don't want to see voice acting. That has the potential to ruin the game for me. Nintendo characters don't talk. That is that.[/quote]grunts, yelps and short VA clips to establish the chars personality is fine and all, but anything more would just be wrong

I don't need to hear Fox talk about how he's going to smack Luigi, kthx. All I really want is the character intros from the first game.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']I don't need to hear Fox talk about how he's going to smack Luigi, kthx. All I really want is the character intros from the first game.[/quote] :lol: Fox is one of the few Nintendo characters that talks.

[quote name='Kaijufan']:lol: Fox is one of the few Nintendo characters that talks.[/quote]Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I guess the not-so-good acting in Assault left a bad taste in my mouth. And my memory.

[quote name='mr ryles']Peach can talk, but outside that most characters can only grunt or say there own name.[/quote]

Well there's a couple that can talk as others pointed out...

my favorites gotta be c. falcon with his "FALCON PUNCH"

Marth/Roy speak Japanese

And with the Windwaker stuff, I always thought it would be cooler if they made it a costume swap for the character (as opposed to a full fledge new character), either through a clothing menu type deal or the color change button when you select the character. TP and Windwaker Link would both be part of the same character, just a palette swap. I envision the same thing for other characters like Mario with FLUDD, Luigi with the Vacuum, Metroid Fusion Samus, etc.

I think I've got something here. A couple of weeks ago on GoNintendo there was a write-up about how un-original most of the Brawl levels were. AKA they were flat with 3 platforms for the most part. And thinking back to Mario Kart DS you only got part of the tracks online (why I don't know).

But it seems to me that the abundance of these platforms will lead to not all of these levels being online. More specifically the generic ones we've seen. I think we'll see half of them (however many there are) as well as the more unique ones to save on server space. It will be disappointing not to be able to play on some levels online but seeing as how they're the same level, it would make sense.

Even with level hazards, I doubt there would be any need to have every level online. But, I still think we'll get 20-25 levels online, out of the 40 I've heard. I've also heard 40 characters will be in the game (we know about a third of them now with Mario, Link, Pikachu, Kirby, Samus (ZS Samus), Pit, Meta Knight, Ike, Zelda, Bowser, Yoshi, DK, Wario, Sheik and Ganondorf; so 14). In Melee we got 25 levels and 25 characters. So, an even setting would make sense.

But back to online. Would you really care about not having 6-7 level copies online? I wouldn't. I just want the unique stuff online. But, it'd be even more awesome if all levels were online. But, I'm just saying don't expect it.

Go back and watch the Wi-Fi part of the E3 press event again. Near the end, there is a shot of Brawl shown, hinting it's online. It's on the right hand side.

Link me, sure. I won't go digging for something I don't really care about, though. They've never come out and said the game is going to be online, which to me says it won't be, only because you'd think if they knew it would be online they'd want to get it out now.

Well, at the 05 Press Conference, Iwata said it'd be online so that matter where Reggie was, he could beat him.

Interesting, but didn't development start in late '05? A lot can change in two years. If that was true, then they wouldn't sidestep the question now.

Well remember they want to plug the website for updates. It's part of their Blue Ocean Strategy. It works wonders in Japan cuz they have patience. We don't.
I'm trying to find a full video of this conference on Gametrailers and Youtube, but I just can't find it >_< I'll keep looking.

EDIT:
Just found the full video. I'm going to sift through it for the time when the image is shown.

[quote name='KingBroly']Well, at the 05 Press Conference, Iwata said it'd be online so that matter where Reggie was, he could beat him.[/quote]

2005 may as well be 100 years ago in terms of how fast things change in the video game industry.

I'm starting to feel pretty uneasy myself about Brawl's online prospects. Strikers Charged is a decent effort, but features rudimentary online functionality at best. I'm just really skeptical that Nintendo can implement the kind of robust online functionality they'll need to allow Brawl to live up to its full online potential. I hope that they pull it off, I really do, but announcements like the adventure mode make me think they're more focused on the offline experience....Same old stubborn Nintendo.

Okay, here we go:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=WNdCgnPga2A

Go to...48:19
Far Right-hand side shows the Smash Bros. Brawl trailer with Reggie wrapping up the peripherals and online talk. Next to Brawl from Far Left is Madden, Mario Kart, and some Soccer game. These games either have a peripheral or are online or are both.

Like I said, it's not a direct confirmation by any means, but a hint.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I guess the not-so-good acting in Assault left a bad taste in my mouth. And my memory.[/quote]I liked his acting in Star Fix Adventures. Ok, so far Ike is in. He's basically Marth. I'm guessing Elwood to take place of Roy. Then maybe they cn also put in Lynn.

How come there is nothing from Advance Wars?

[quote name='Predator21281']I liked his acting in Star Fix Adventures. Ok, so far Ike is in. He's basically Marth. I'm guessing Elwood to take place of Roy. Then maybe they cn also put in Lynn.

How come there is nothing from Advance Wars?[/QUOTE]

there might be. I'd expect at least items/assist trophies. Would be hard to make an Advance Wars character, but really cool if they could somehow pull it off.

[quote name='SMMM']there might be. I'd expect at least items/assist trophies. Would be hard to make an Advance Wars character, but really cool if they could somehow pull it off.[/QUOTE]
The only way I see it working is as items or assists, most likely in vehicular form. I don't think the characters are defined enough to work outside of that context.

I'm still holding out hope for Chibi-Robo, but he'll probably be an assist if he appears at all. Since he hasn't been denied yet, though... :)

[quote name='Tybee']2005 may as well be 100 years ago in terms of how fast things change in the video game industry.

I'm starting to feel pretty uneasy myself about Brawl's online prospects. Strikers Charged is a decent effort, but features rudimentary online functionality at best. I'm just really skeptical that Nintendo can implement the kind of robust online functionality they'll need to allow Brawl to live up to its full online potential. I hope that they pull it off, I really do, but announcements like the adventure mode make me think they're more focused on the offline experience....Same old stubborn Nintendo.[/QUOTE]
The game would require a solid Internet connection to work - if there was any lag at all, it'd probably kill the experience. I have a feeling that this is a case where if Nintendo can't do it right, they won't do it at all.

Besides...nothing can beat sitting next to your friends on the couch and talking trash while you play. It's just not the same over the internet. :)

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']
Besides...nothing can beat sitting next to your friends on the couch and talking trash while you play. It's just not the same over the internet. :)[/quote]

Well yeah, but any kind of multiplayer beats playing with computers. :lol:

I would hope that the smoke is a gas based substance that you could combine with Mario's fireball technique. What a deadly combination that would be.

bread's done
Back