Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='tankexmortis']The gap between the amazing talent of Nintendo's developers and the insanely stupid decisions of their executives is simply incredible.[/quote]This is the greatest truth ever said on any forum ever.

[quote name='pygmy carnotaur']Warioware level is by far my favorite(and has great music too- I'm glad they included Ashley's Song & Mona Pizza in particular).[/QUOTE]

This guy knows what greatness is. Warioware is godlyness.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']I think you can't copy it do to the save being linked to the friend code. You can't copy Elebits save either. Does anyone know about other online games?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='lilboo']Then they could have made 2 separate save files for Brawl :roll:
Would one save file for your progress and the other for your online stuff be really difficult?[/QUOTE]

Yeah. It's fucked up how some games disallow you any saves to SD/internal copying because the game features wifi content while others have two separate files or copies only the local data. It's really stupid that Mario Strikers Charged, from Nintendo half a year+ ago, features more advanced save functionality than SSB: Brawl.

I just unlocked Mr. Game and watch and it's brawl stage level. Now that's crazy playing inside of one of those early 80's unit nearly 30 years later. I don't know why everyone is bitching about the SSE... I think it's great.

Yeah, I didn't have a problem with SSE either, except for the last level which was a little annoying. It was actually pretty cool, with the Kirby-esque level design.

Oh, and Wario moves that way because that's the way he moves in his games.

Same. I loved the SSE all the way through. Well, except for some of those cheap deaths. But even the Maze - padding though it was - was emjoyable thanks to liberal placement of heals/saves/revives/teleporters.

[quote name='GunstarRed']

I'm online now until probably 9pm if anyone wants to Brawl.[/quote]

Good games just now Gunstar, it was fun playing you

[quote name='io']Still looking for more people to add - I've got 26 on there and only about 7 or 8 are active. By the way, apparently the connection is instantaneous if you add someone who is currently online and they have already added you. I just added one CAG in and it showed "Online" status for him right away. Yet others on there (who claim they've added me) have been waiting for connection for over a week now.[/QUOTE]

I think I might be one of them. :oops:

I've got a lot of people I added or who added me that haven't gone through as registered yet, mostly because I'm too busy having college kick my ass to have time to play right now. When you've got three papers and multiple homework assignments to do over the weekend, there isn't much time left for games. :cry:

I was discussing with a friend how they really should have made this 6 players. It would have been a perfect opportunity to sell more controllers. 4 Cube controllers and 2 classic would be ideal. It would also would have been a good chance for Nintendo to implement a firmware update to support 6 Wiimotes. If I'm not mistaken, bluetooth devices can handle 7 different connections at once.

[quote name='CouRageouS']I was discussing with a friend how they really should have made this 6 players. It would have been a perfect opportunity to sell more controllers. 4 Cube controllers and 2 classic would be ideal. It would also would have been a good chance for Nintendo to implement a firmware update to support 6 Wiimotes. If I'm not mistaken, bluetooth devices can handle 7 different connections at once.[/QUOTE]

I don't think the brawls would be any fun with more than four characters on-screen. On some of the smaller stages, 4 is almost too much already.

SO is it thu that both people have to be on for the FC thingy to work? If so ill have my wii on all nite on ssbb so u caggers can add me pm me if u add me and ill do the same. I got like 5 or 6 people that still say awaiting registration. I know Strel and Beef is 2 of them ill just keep teh wee on and see if that works

I had a friend play with me in SSE up till the Maze. IMO, playing it solo is a little bit better since you don't have to wait on your friend to follow you. I know it has that instant transport if you get too far away, but it just felt like dragging dead weight until you had to fight something.

[quote name='rabbitt']I don't think the brawls would be any fun with more than four characters on-screen. On some of the smaller stages, 4 is almost too much already.[/quote]

I dunno, it could work if they could make stages usable for certain amounts of players like they do in FPS maps. It might actually make some stages more fun (I'm looking at you, New Pork City).

when i think of adding more characters, i think of the whole zelda/sheik transformation.

you might think... oh, it takes a lot longer now to transform! surely there must be some good gameplay reason!

no, what is happening is that when you transform, it loads the other character. so the time of transformation is dependent on the load time.

terrible.
and now you wanna add two more characters? =)

As far as replays go, 3 minutes is the max. It was on the Brawl site and it is also in the instruction manual (yes, I was bored).

EDIT: When do you guys typically play? I am usually on at around 9:30 pm - 11:00 pm EST and rarely is anyone else on (at least from my friends list).

you know I just beat classic with sonic and while I still really like him he seems at my first main playthrough to have pretty horrid KO ability I don't expect it to be phenominal but yeesh took me getting people to around 180% or better to KO people most times which seems kinda high.

Sonic is more of a hit-and-run character and not much of a knock out person. And, it may be just me, but unless you land a good smash attack, you aren't gonna go flyin around 100% like in Melee

Man i was just playing Boss Battles and using Wolf. I made it to the spider boss (earthbound?) and i tried to jump over it and i landed on top of it and the jerk carried me off screen and i died. How cheap is that?

Good games Wooten and dmunkee. I like that I was able to add Wooten's friend code on the fly since he was part of dmunkee's brawl. Sorry I had to drop, my daughter woke up from a nap and demanded attention.

Yeah, good games. I've collected a majority of my CAG fc's through battling other CAG's and adding from their games. A feature I'm glad they included, since it eases the friend code monotony a little.

Does it show anywhere how many songs you have? I guess i could go into stage builder and count. But i am having a hard time finding new songs now. I even made a stage so i can sit there and hit those bags you hit in homerun contest, but the only thing that comes out anymore are stickers. Unless i still have some to unlock as challenges. hmmm.

Also when it says play 30 hours a brawl, which stat shows how long ive played for in the data section?

[quote name='The 7th Number']Does it show anywhere how many songs you have? I guess i could go into stage builder and count. But i am having a hard time finding new songs now. I even made a stage so i can sit there and hit those bags you hit in homerun contest, but the only thing that comes out anymore are stickers. Unless i still have some to unlock as challenges. hmmm.

Also when it says play 30 hours a brawl, which stat shows how long ive played for in the data section?[/quote]

I would guess the Total Vs. Time is the measure to look at, but I'm not 100% sure.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Does it show anywhere how many songs you have? I guess i could go into stage builder and count. But i am having a hard time finding new songs now. I even made a stage so i can sit there and hit those bags you hit in homerun contest, but the only thing that comes out anymore are stickers. Unless i still have some to unlock as challenges. hmmm.

Also when it says play 30 hours a brawl, which stat shows how long ive played for in the data section?[/quote]

It shows you how many songs you have on the same screen all the other information is displayed, the Data screen. Scroll all the way down, I think it's near the bottom where it displays how many trophies that you have.

[quote name='yukine']It shows you how many songs you have on the same screen all the other information is displayed, the Data screen. Scroll all the way down, I think it's near the bottom where it displays how many trophies that you have.[/quote]

Ahh its in sound test, well it says 257 in there. So how many songs are there?

Oh and i was playing boss battle again. Its getting easier, but damn i got to tabuu and was about to beat him then i fell off the ledge and couldnt get back up so i died and all for nothing. Man i hate that.

EDIT: Unbelievable .... I used wolf again and the same shit happened before. Tabuu did that sonic boom move and i flew off the edge and i pressed up+b to warp to the edge and the jackass didnt even grab it and i died. AGAIN! Same old ish.

[quote name='WarriorBlake']And, it may be just me, but unless you land a good smash attack, you aren't gonna go flyin around 100% like in Melee[/quote]Or you could just use Ike's basic A combo.

[quote name='The Crotch']Or you could just use Ike's basic A combo.[/quote]eruption charged for 2 secs is sufficient, plus no flinch for that attack

Maybe I have just been spoiled by so many good Neo-Geo fighting games but this game is not that good. It almost makes me want to sell my wii but I don't think I will. If there was no virtual console I wouldnt even think twice about selling my Wii right now. Maybe I just have to find some controllers that don't suck? Wavebird, wiimote sideways, and the classic controller don't cut it.

[quote name='HuppSav']Maybe I have just been spoiled by so many good Neo-Geo fighting games but this game is not that good. It almost makes me want to sell my wii but I don't think I will. If there was no virtual console I wouldnt even think twice about selling my Wii right now. Maybe I just have to find some controllers that don't suck? Wavebird, wiimote sideways, and the classic controller don't cut it.[/QUOTE]

Sell it to me! :D

I'm open for a few matches.

I know this defeats the purpose of this thread, but I set up an IRC channel to get quicker matchmaking. Although I check out the CAG forums a lot, by the time I read some of the posts here seeking brawls, they're already done.

Server: EFNet
Channel: #cagbrawl

I kind of enjoyed the Great Maze since I like 2D Metroid and Castlevania games. The only thing about it that bothered me about it was how it was pretty much 100% recycled content.

For boss rush mode, who do you suggest to get the easiest kills with?

I will probably use one of my hammers for the intense one but if there is a character that is really good I will see.

[quote name='ITDEFX']The great maze.............GRRRRR....:bomb::bomb::bomb:[/quote]

I was loving Subspace up until that moment. Then everyone's complaints about the mode finally started to make sense.

The levels with ZSS/Samus really got me wanting a new sidescrolling Metroid game on Wii, though.

Well im down to 13 challenges left. Working on boss battles right now. Beat it with 21 characters so far. Not sure if i will be able to beat that on intense, since it took me a few continues to beat classic and all-star mode on intense. Boss mode doesnt allow continues. :( I have 4 hammers though in the challenge room. But i read that sometimes the hammers wont break the glass windows you still need opened. Does anyone know if this is random, or are there certain windows that cant be broken open? Im thinking of using it on Beating boss battle on intense, and beat 100 man brawl with everyone.

Stadium - Boss Battles
- Clear Boss Battles with all characters.
- Clear Boss Battles on hard difficulty.
- Clear Boss Battles on very hard difficulty.
- Clear Boss Battles on intense difficulty.
Stadium - Multi-Man Brawl
- Clear 100-man brawl with all characters.
- Endure a 15-minute brawl.
Statistics
- Exceed 300 ft. combined swim distance for all characters.
Longevity
- Play over 30 hours of brawls.
- Play 50 hours of brawls.
- Play over 100 hours of brawls.
Collector
- Collect all songs.
- Collect all stickers.
- Get 500 different trophies.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']For boss rush mode, who do you suggest to get the easiest kills with?

I will probably use one of my hammers for the intense one but if there is a character that is really good I will see.[/quote]

I beat it pretty easy with ROB, Toon Link, Wario, Lucas. You just have to find the moves that do the most damage with each character. Then do them over and over while avoiding the bosses attack patterns.

Hey here's a question.
We played a round of All Star mode in co op. At the end, we got both final smash trophies.
Will this count as "Beat All Star Mode with All characters", or does that have to be single player :whistle2:k
I understand there's a challenge to collect all final smash trophies and this will most likely unlock it..but I'd rather have to do everything once..than do it twice. :roll:

[quote name='lilboo']Hey here's a question.
We played a round of All Star mode in co op. At the end, we got both final smash trophies.
Will this count as "Beat All Star Mode with All characters", or does that have to be single player :whistle2:k
I understand there's a challenge to collect all final smash trophies and this will most likely unlock it..but I'd rather have to do everything once..than do it twice. :roll:[/quote]

I'm not sure, but you can do Boss Battles with another person, and receive the "Complete on ___ difficulty" challenge.

Got "Very Hard" with a friend earlier. Gonna try to finish it on Intense later tonight. Two Charizards are great.

I doubt it because there's a separate challenge for "Get all character trophies" or "Get all smash trophies," right? I think you can fill that one by doing co-op, but you actually have to go through and beat it with all the characters for the other one. But I've been wrong before (I know, I was shocked too).

Wait, so hammers actually unlock trophies for you? I just figured they uncovered areas you couldn't see yet so that you could see what you needed to do to win them (ie, made them red or whatever). I'll have to make sure my kids don't waste them - I've stopped them a few times from just using them randomly when we had almost nothing unlocked.

Two things.

One, how do you use the hammers in the challenge screen? People keep mentioning it, and the time I went and messed with it, I honestly couldn't figure out how to break the glass with them. :oops:

Two, I really don't understand the problems that everyone has with the Great Maze. It tied everything together nicely, was pretty nifty, and the map made it extremely easy to navigate. I don't have any really useful insights here, just figured I'd mention it.

bread's done
Back