Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='The 7th Number']

World 1-4

[/quote]That stage made me smile. Good work.

You should submit that to ign's smash bros world. It would easily get high ratings.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Here is a stage i made in the stage builder. Its called "World 1-4" and its the boss battle from the original super mario brothers. The platform above the bridge moves back and forth like it does in the original level. Spikes have replaced the fire since there isnt any fire in the stage builder. And the spring is there instead of the axe, try not to get caught in there..lol. Oh and those platforms i used for the bridge part are the ones you can press down and fall through, so dont go making many mistakes or you are gunna get spiked. The only bad thing is that the players start on top of the roof. But i thought it was a cool yet easy design to make.

World 1-4

Original Level

supermt6.jpg
[/quote]That's easily the best-looking recreation of that screen that I've seen so far. I really like this "re-create classic levels/screens for Brawl" thing that's been going on. Someone even made an interpretation of a Goldeneye level (I think it was the Complex).

Now that is a kick fucking ass stage. Great work.[quote name='yukine']Well you are Canadian. THAT'S RIGHT I WENT THERE!!!!!
[/quote]Get out the cannons and muskets, Mike. We're going for their White House again.

[quote name='Mad D']That stage made me smile. Good work.

You should submit that to ign's smash bros world. It would easily get high ratings.[/quote]

I was going to but i have no way of transfering the save file from my wii to my pc. Oh well.

[quote name='yukine']Pretty awesome, can you send me that?[/quote]

It would probably be faster just to make it yourself using the stage builder pic. Not really that hard. I would send it to you but i think i have to register you on my wii and in brawl to send a stage. I am lazy. LOL. If you cant remake it maybe we can work something out.

Thanks for everyones comments. :D

I've been spectating a lot, and I notice that Ike seems to routinely knock people out before they're even close to 100% sometimes - is that the mark of a good player, or just one of the reasons he's considered cheap? ;)

And 7th Number, as everyone has said, AWESOME stage :)

hehe - so earlier I asked that this "maze" was that everyone was complaining about. Is that just the part where you have a map with different blocks and paths connecting them and different doors? If so, that is what I thought the WHOLE SSE was as it is the only part I helped my kids with. Then the other day I was trying to unlock the last 11% and I played a normal stage and I couldn't tell why the hell I couldn't pull up the map to see where the hidden doors were :lol:. So, anyway, I prefer the maze in that case!

Also, I hadn't realized the flags vs crowns thing because my kids had the crowns spaced perfectly evenly around the field so I assumed they were boss fights and the flags were normal stages. Now we're starting to clear them out though some are frustrating because we keep doing them and finding what we think are new things but then no crown... We've bumped it from 88% after defeating Wolf to 94% though.

[quote name='o ManBearP1g o']Does playing matches online count towards unlocking stuff?[/quote]

I'm pretty sure it doesn't, but might be wrong.

Did anybody link to the tournament thread in this thread? I'm guessing that's probably why I didn't see it (until tonight). :l

[quote name='Rig']

Did anybody link to the tournament thread in this thread? I'm guessing that's probably why I didn't see it (until tonight). :l[/quote]

Yeah that's the same reason why I missed it.

A quick question:

Other than unlocking characters, is there any real point to finishing the Subspace Emissary? I'm really close, but the Great Maze is really making me angry. I can't figure out where to go, damnit! The map only helps a little...

I'm going to finish it eventually, but unless I get a really sweet assist trophy or rare collectible unlockable item or stage or something I'll hold off for a while. I play a lot of brawls in general so I can unlock the other characters that way... I kind of like doing it that way better anyways.

[quote name='zerowing']oh there was a tournament?

Also Arikado, was Round 3 the other day, if so how'd you do?[/QUOTE]

Nah, it's next weekend.

ah man I got my ass kicked, that Olimar was beastly and the Pikmin annoying. And I really wish I could get back to the Melee days when I could actually kill with Captain Falcon and his knee was usable for me, I can't sweet spot it at all now, such a shame since I used to be so good with him.

Anyway enough rambling, you better win GameStop because you hand me my ass every time, I feel so unskilled when I play you =[.

[quote name='zerowing']ah man I got my ass kicked, that Olimar was beastly and the Pikmin annoying. And I really wish I could get back to the Melee days when I could actually kill with Captain Falcon and his knee was usable for me, I can't sweet spot it at all now, such a shame since I used to be so good with him.

Anyway enough rambling, you better win GameStop because you hand me my ass every time, I feel so unskilled when I play you =[.[/QUOTE]

It really is tough to KO with Falcon now. There's almost no room for error when you go for the knee. I'm still using him as my main mostly because of pride... heh.

Haha... I'm going into round three with the same approach I've had the past two rounds. I'm not changing anything. Although I really should get more practice in with the Wiimote and nunchuk. Don't sweat it dude... you're good, plus there's always some delay when we play each other.

What happened that last match? Did your connection crap out or something?

[quote name='zewone']When is your 3rd round ass kicking happening?[/QUOTE]

March 29th. If I win and get flown out to San Jose, you gotta steal some shit for me.

Yeah, man. No problem.

I know you're into all this badass Nintendo shit now, so I'll get a Wario costume for your karate trophy.

You may have noticed by now, that they are only flying 8 people out to San Jose, but there are like 26 round 3 locations. I dont think just winning will be enough.

[quote name='dallow']You're in Arlington?

You should play me sometime.
I like playing against people who know what they're doing.[/QUOTE]

Sure. Where are you from?

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']You may have noticed by now, that they are only flying 8 people out to San Jose, but there are like 26 round 3 locations. I dont think just winning will be enough.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I saw that. I'm guessing since it's a timed game, the eight with the best ratios will be flown out for the finals.

[quote name='dallow']DFW.
Addison to be exact.[/QUOTE]

Edit: Never mind. Add me to your list when you get the chance and we'll play.

Ah, I was wondering what was going on. Sorry for my inactivity. I'm typing and I can hear you beating up on me.

EDIT: Good games, Ultimo. You have a really good Mario - I always felt the most pressure from him. You and I get a pretty good connection, too. I hope to play again soon!

I'm online now doing Random battles if anyone wants to Brawl. My friend list is almost full and yet no one is ever online.

I did have some good Brawls with Aaron earlier, so there was some activity on my FC list.

Has anyone seen this youtube video, its boss battle on intense. This guy gets through it all with no hearts, and some bosses without even getting hit. Anyway, i had 2 questions.

1. How do you do that side step move during the tabuu fight when he does those 3 rings moves.

2. What in the world is that at 1:32 when he goes from 73% damage to 0% by blocking those shots that are fired at him. Is that a special move for lucas, or something about that boss that i never knew?

bread's done
Back