Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='SpottedNigel']I;m gonna go get some KFC and then I'll do some ass-kicking-recieving[/quote]

KFC: Breakfast (or whatever meal) of the 1337

[quote name='yukine']Who the hell is Marc and why does he lack variety?

There are other characters besides Ike you know. ;)[/QUOTE]

Lol. Yeah I know.

I have a few secondaries (Falcon, Olimar, Marth, Ganondorf) but none of them are as good as my main, Ike.

Besides, I like seeing how many kills I can accumulate :p

So, question.

Just how annoying to you all is it when someone repeatedly uses the same character? I ask because of Yukine's comment, and because I do that very thing. I switch things up after about three games. Meh, I guess I should adopt a few more mains.

I very rarely switch who I'm using. It's one things to be annoyed if someone spams the same move over and over, but to be annoyed by someone's character preference that's just dumb.

[quote name='evergoo']Lol. Yeah I know.

I have a few secondaries (Falcon, Olimar, Marth, Ganondorf) but none of them are as good as my main, Ike.

Besides, I like seeing how many kills I can accumulate :p[/quote]

too bad I own you with the twin terrors that are the Ice Climbers

I think I'm going to name the punching bag... and then have conversations with it. It should make passing the time by easier. Maybe I'll just turn pillow talk on in the background...

[quote name='SpottedNigel']I think I'm going to name the punching bag... and then have conversations with it. It should make passing the time by easier. Maybe I'll just turn pillow talk on in the background...[/quote]
I call it sandy, since its a sandbag.

GG Phnx. You sure gave me a run for my money against Toon Link and Snake. You and crystalklear64 are some of the toughest I've played on CAG so far.

Good games Suko. Your connection is so much better now. There was barely any lag at all. I don't know how the hell I won in that match as Kirby, but you owned me the other matches. That King Dedede match was not even funny.

So... I'm awful compared to a lot of you. That sucks :cry:
Daroga and Cj are on my list now (added you during our fights). I hope you two don't mind. But I have no idea who you guys are here on CAG.

I'll be playing somebody from another forum tomorrow at 1PM central time. If anybody wants to join us just let me know.

Why complain about someone using only one character? Unless smash balls are off, I go entirely with Ike. If there are no smash balls, then I'll sometimes switch it up with Zero Suit Samus, but that is rare indeed.

Chill out people, I was joking.

As like many of you I like using Ike as well, but Marc (evergoo) is insanely good with him so I'm put to shame and it makes me cry at night. :lol:

[quote name='Daisydog']So... I'm awful compared to a lot of you. That sucks :cry:
Daroga and Cj are on my list now (added you during our fights). I hope you two don't mind. But I have no idea who you guys are here on CAG.
[/quote]

Ha ha, I'd be the CJ you were playing... pretty good game, definitely kept it interesting with the 3, then 4, of us mixing it up. I especially loved the 2 Ike and 2 Link match; definitely entertaining :lol:

[quote name='crystalklear64']Come on peeps, room made, keep your item shit outta here.

Lets go peeps I need a challenge![/quote]

And good games just now Cklear. Sorry I forgot to turn items off there on my game, I usually just leave em on and always forget that some people don't like them. I'll remember that next time I play you...

Strell is a beast. He handed my ass to me on a silver platter... many times over.

I wish I could've kept playing, but I needed to go to bed and pee. Not necessarily in that order. Even though I only won a few, there were some great games in there!

[quote name='yukine']Chill out people, I was joking.

As like many of you I like using Ike as well, but Marc (evergoo) is insanely good with him so I'm put to shame and it makes me cry at night. :lol:[/QUOTE]

LMAO. Thanks for your compliment. You sure made my day. I'm gonna show your quote off to some friends.

And guys, it was a joke. Get off yukine's back.

[quote name='maigoyume']according to sakurai the closer the colour is to blue, the better, but i'm starting to have my doubts (i wish he just used a bars to display it)

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/wi-fi/wi-fi03.html

scroll to the bottom for the info[/quote]
That's just a Japanese cultural thing, I'm sure. As they use the word for blue when referring to a green traffic light and when someone is "looking green" as in being sick.

[quote name='Mad D']Good games, Suko. What the hell was with all that tripping when we were running. I've never seen it so many times before.[/QUOTE]

Must be the input lag :)

[quote name='The Crotch']Ike is considered cheap because all the players who don't play Ike are obviously mentally impaired. If they weren't, they'd play Ike![/quote]

:lol: I don't get that, though - to me, the fun part is the variety of characters. Though I don't really get the appeal of Ike at all, but then maybe I'd feel differently if I'd played Fire Emblem?

I know I'm not a very good player, but there's still a point where it stops being about my lousiness, and starts being about getting gang raped by 2 or 3 Ikes. I don't mind losing at all, but that *does* get boring.

Can you get the connection orbs by people's names even if you haven't synced with them yet? I have one for Shipwreck, but we're not synced - I'm assuming it means I ran into him in a random battle?

I'm still trying to find people I can add to my roster. If anyone is looking to match up with a lower level player, I'm your gal. I don't mind getting my ass kicked... but I prefer to keep it from getting beaten beyond all recognition :) Why did they have to leave out ranked matches? :wall:

Here's what I hate about this game:
- Boss Battles. More specifically on Intense. I hate the fact you can't use continues, and the fact that you have to do this by yourself in order to break open the challenge window.

- All-Star mode. It's the last thing I have to do, so it might be a cause of that, but 37 characters (you have to go through all 3 Pokemon for PT) with all characters (including ZSS and Sheik) is a PAIN IN THE ASS. 15 characters would've been fine. 35 = too much. For the next one, if it was 45-50, I'm not doing it.

- Golden Hammers. I use them, but not being able to open everything makes me want to go through modes I have NO DESIRE to play.

- Attack spamming. You do this against me, I'm never playing you again. Period. You ruin the fun. It's just like snaking. It makes me not want to play anymore.

- Online. It sucks. It sucks hard.

Here's what I do like:
- Zero Suit Samus. A really fun character to play with and take photos of.

- Subspace Emissary. It's a nice distraction. It makes me want to keep playing.

- Animations. They're really good and wide in variety. You'll find a lot of new animations almost every time you play.

- Replays. Sure, only 3 minutes, but it still means I can upload every Basic Brawl to youtube thanks to a Webcam (I'm in need of a capture card for a laptop)

- Coin Launcher. It's addictive as sin. It should be it's own Wii Ware title.

[quote name='PleasantOne']I'm still trying to find people I can add to my roster. If anyone is looking to match up with a lower level player, I'm your gal. I don't mind getting my ass kicked... but I prefer to keep it from getting beaten beyond all recognition :) Why did they have to leave out ranked matches? :wall:[/quote]
Feel free to add me.

I'm spectating some matches while I do other stuff... and someone was going all kamikaze with Bowser - grabbing Kirby and jumping off the edge so they both took a hit. Is that an accepted tactic? It seemed kinda dirty :lol:

[quote name='ChibiJosh']Feel free to add me.[/quote]

Great, just added you! :)

I saw a fantastic match once while spectating - someone was playing as Snake and kept crawling back and forth across the stage. Then Dedede started to do it to. Finally it was Dedede, Marth, and Snake, all crawling around, with a probably very confused Mario just kicking the crap out of them.

It made me wonder though - are spectate matches random, friends, or both? I thought they were just random, but this made me think that maybe these people were in contact with each other.

[quote name='tankexmortis']I saw a fantastic match once while spectating - someone was playing as Snake and kept crawling back and forth across the stage. Then Dedede started to do it to. Finally it was Dedede, Marth, and Snake, all crawling around, with a probably very confused Mario just kicking the crap out of them.

It made me wonder though - are spectate matches random, friends, or both? I thought they were just random, but this made me think that maybe these people were in contact with each other.[/quote]

Spectate mode matches cover the whole spectrum of random and friend matches. Keep in mind that matches you are "spectating" are just replays of recorded matches. If you turn your "Allow Spectators" option on, that just allows Nintendo to pull your replay data to their servers to be used for spectating. That is why every match you will watch during spectating will most likely be the a basic brawl since it has to be less than 3 minutes.

bread's done
Back