Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Gen. Discussion & Info

I've started getting back into Brawl a little bit lately. It's still really fun, even the SSE, which is what I've mainly been playing.

There are so few things I need to complete the game I know I won't get 100% over because of simple stuff missing:
- The ability to Trade spare Stickers and Trophies over Wi-Fi (seriously, why do I need 508 stickers of Bowser Jr.?)
- Boss Battles SHOULD NOT BE 1 Death = Game Over
- You should be able to play anything online (any mode, any style, any item set, etc.)
- I'd gladly pay for downloadable content in this game in form of Mega Man, stages

And I'm still enjoying it despite these problems making me miss 100% of all stuff, and all by myself too. Also, I've now clocked over 400 hours into the game (200 of which happened in the first 3 weeks).

Man, I got robbed hard. Singles was a smaller, side tournament (2 stock), so it was mostly good people that entered.
2nd round I get sent to losers by Santi's Toon Link, which is understandable, though I kept it close.
Next round I play a Wario, and I have the guy beat. Last stock, he's at 140+ and I'm at under 50. He nails me with a fart and kills me.

They brought a copy of hacked Brawl just to show. They added wavedashing and L-Canceling, except they're super hard to do. Also you can only air dodge once. The heavy hitters, like ganon and ike, are now monsters. It was a lot of fun to watch, didnt try it though.

Last edited by a moderator:
GG Blue, Janet and Suko.

I like my ZSS double KO move. :cool: I think I'm getting slightly better.

I need to put off ZSS 4 hit combo. I can't get the timing down.

Edit: Daisy, I wished you show me some of your other characters. :(

Thank you guys so much for the practice! Especially you Hero.
Besides James and Nina, I haven't been able to track down anyone lately. So it was nice to finally get in some item-less matches to prepare me for my tournament match tomorrow :boxing:

My favorite move was on Yoshi's Island. When no one was around me I did a standing Down A. I slashed in front of me, then as I went to slash behind myself, I slid off the stage and immediately went into an air Down A which caused me to plummet to my death. Two attacks in one :lol:
-
Now I think I've earned some Tetris. Let's see if my Wii points code works! :whistle2:#

edit: Maintenance!!?? :bomb:
[quote name='hero101']
Edit: Daisy, I wished you show me some of your other characters. :([/quote]
Oh believe me, I'm rarely ever the same character twice. That was strictly practice for the tournament. I needed to get back into serious mode. After I lose tomorrow everything will go back to normal and I can start Gannon punching people again. :lol:

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']
They brought a copy of hacked Brawl just to show. They added wavedashing and L-Canceling, except they're super hard to do. Also you can only air dodge once. The heavy hitters, like ganon and ike, are now monsters. It was a lot of fun to watch, didnt try it though.[/quote]

Heh, they haven't perfected the air dodge code though. People with chain recoveries are super broken. I think you are able to air dodge again after a airdodge zair before the zair finishes.

[quote name='BlueLobstah']Wow, the lag. I don't think I've ever had lag problems with you before dastly.[/quote]
He got that lag from me. See my connection improved. :lol:

[quote name='BlueLobstah']Wow, the lag. I don't think I've ever had lag problems with you before dastly.[/quote]

Yeah I don't know why, probably my internet being shitty the past few days.

[quote name='Rig']Dunno how many of you still work on the single-player stuff, but I'm missing just one more of the Challenges. I need the "all stickers" trophy. I've got 675, and I hate farming for the damn things. It's taking forever to try and grab them.

I could use a hammer on it, but I wanted to complete all of the challenges without using a single hammer.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering if anyone else here was going for 100% on the game too. Back in early Sept., I finally got all 544 trophies, beat all the events on hard, and got all the notices in the game except the 1000+ multiplayer match notices.

As for the sticker farming, I found it to be a necessary evil. I used custom rules to set metal characters, the highest speed setting, the highest damage setting, and the highest gravity setting and just had my gamestop gamecube pad rubberbanded down on the A button with the turbo on. 2 hours later I moved from 699 to having all 700 stickers.

[quote name='KingBroly']There are so few things I need to complete the game I know I won't get 100% over because of simple stuff missing:
- Boss Battles SHOULD NOT BE 1 Death = Game Over
[/QUOTE]

The boss battle on Intense took me months of off and on playing to complete namely due to my impatience with Porky and Tabuu. I felt like I was playing the first few Castlevanias or Mega Mans on the NES with all the boss pattern memorization, but it felt good to finally clear it.

Boss battles on intense isn't too bad. You just have to be really patient in when to attack and when not to. Fox does the job pretty well with laser and reflector. Charizard with side B does pretty well also, but you really have to watch yourself from trying to powerhouse through, its tempting, but it never works.

I got lazy and used up all my hammers. Now I have get all trophies and get all stickers left. :(. Those were the only two I should've used it on.

Sorry I left Marc, need to get something to eat. I haven't played with you in a looong time (more than a month I think).

I got lucky when I was Link. I don't think I've ever had a win streak against you (yeah only 2 games but I'll take it :lol:) We'll play again sometime (hopefully not in another month).

I think I could beat up Marc today. Marc, I challenge you to a duel. Bring out your yu gi oh deck. And bring the blue eyes white dragon.

I already won the Blue Eyes White Dragon off Marc. I tapped three land mana, pulled out my Gyrados, killed Professor Oak, and reduced Marc's life points to zero.

I was rewarded with a burger with the president of the united states and I was worth 2K monies.

Also, Batman was there, and we beat up Dr. Robotnik. Serves him right for stealing all that magicite and trying to build war machines with them.

[quote name='Strell']I already won the Blue Eyes White Dragon off Marc. I tapped three land mana, pulled out my Gyrados, killed Professor Oak, and reduced Marc's life points to zero.

I was rewarded with a burger with the president of the united states and I was worth 2K monies.

Also, Batman was there, and we beat up Dr. Robotnik. Serves him right for stealing all that magicite and trying to build war machines with them.[/quote]Didn't you also get a blood transfusion from spiderman?

[quote name='Strell']I already won the Blue Eyes White Dragon off Marc. I tapped three land mana, pulled out my Gyrados, killed Professor Oak, and reduced Marc's life points to zero.

Also, Batman was there, and we beat up Dr. Robotnik. Serves him right for stealing all that magicite and trying to build war machines with them.[/QUOTE]

What the fuck are you talkin' 'bout Willis? :dunce:

Also, Batman was there, and we beat up Dr. Robotnik. Serves him right for stealing all that magicite and trying to build war machines with them.[/QUOTE]

W.T.F.

[quote name='maigoyume']Didn't you also get a blood transfusion from spiderman?[/QUOTE]

fuck yeah I did!

Then I found out it was Zombie Spiderman, which means his Type O Negative is negative itself, which makes it Type O DoubleNegative, instead of Type of Positive, as mathematics would have you think.

Anyway, we decided to head on over to the Honker Burger...

[quote name='Strell']Anyway, we decided to head on over to the Honker Burger...[/quote]

I don't know how you eat there dude... I prefer Chokey Chicken myself.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']And now its time for Arikado's favorite thing: MK dittos.

Mew2king gives our own Dojo the what for[/QUOTE]

:lol:

Poor Dojo got wrecked by him in the actual brackets. By the way, I have no idea when/if our set is gonna be uploaded. I have no idea who has the DVDs at the moment. :lol:

[quote name='maigoyume']I can hop on if either of you want to play.

Its been a few days though and pikmin 2 has been making me rusty.[/quote]

I'm going to make a room.

darn you Janet and your sucide gandork attack. :cry: I'm horrible at 4 way brawl.

Edit #1: GGs Daisy, Mai & Jack.

[quote name='hero101']darn you Janet and your sucide gandork attack. :cry: I'm horrible at 4 way brawl.

Edit #1: GGs Daisy, Mai & Jack.[/quote]
Ha ha, I'm just trying to get back on stage. If you don't want to be choke slammed don't jump towards me :lol:

Good games everyone.

[quote name='Strell']Will peeps be all up ins tonight?

I've been overloaded with awesome in other games, but I needs to get mah Brawl on.[/quote]

Typical Strell, you always show up late to the party. :cool:

It's time to get my Smash on! :joystick:

I need friends online, of course! :bomb:

Btw, I just noticed the marc vs. all of us tag. Thanks for recognizing my skills. I'd also like to mention that I did not contribute to any of the tags in this thread.

[quote name='AmigoOne']Boss battles on intense isn't too bad. You just have to be really patient in when to attack and when not to. Fox does the job pretty well with laser and reflector. Charizard with side B does pretty well also, but you really have to watch yourself from trying to powerhouse through, its tempting, but it never works.

I got lazy and used up all my hammers. Now I have get all trophies and get all stickers left. :(. Those were the only two I should've used it on.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I only played it with Samus and usually got destroyed by Tabuu on intense. I didn't switch to try other characters, but I might go back and try it with fox or charizard.

I actually saved all my hammers. I didn't want to take the easy way out on any of the challenges and use them but, yet I'm alright on using a sticker factory with a turbo controller - go figure.

I really hope that Nintendo unlocks this save so I can transfer it to my SD card when the SD card "solution" is in place. I really don't want to waste all the hours I've put in on unlocking everything.

[quote name='wjhard63']
I really hope that Nintendo unlocks this save so I can transfer it to my SD card when the SD card "solution" is in place. I really don't want to waste all the hours I've put in on unlocking everything.[/QUOTE]

The solution is anything but. I think this has been covered extensively in these forums and on the internetz at large.

Nintendo is never going to unlock the save. I'm sorry, but they won't. Now, there are ways to get around it, and I'm sure someone around here would be willing to tell you, but I'm saying right now to not wait for Nintendo to do it. They won't. Again, they tend to think of this as "copyright information" so to speak, and thus aren't hot on it moving around.

[quote name='Strell']The solution is anything but. I think this has been covered extensively in these forums and on the internetz at large.

Nintendo is never going to unlock the save. I'm sorry, but they won't. Now, there are ways to get around it, and I'm sure someone around here would be willing to tell you, but I'm saying right now to not wait for Nintendo to do it. They won't. Again, they tend to think of this as "copyright information" so to speak, and thus aren't hot on it moving around.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Strell. I appreciate the advice.

If anyone could PM me a solution to copy my SSBB save to my SD card, I would very much appreciate it!

Thanks!

GG's Mad D. Dang, I've really fallen quite a bit. I guess this is what happens when you take a break from Brawl. We're even today though, since I lost to your yoshi and you lost to my Sonic :)

Good games Suko, I think I'm going to take a little break before I have my math later. We practically played the whole roster :lol:

Wish the classiccontroller wasn't so sensitive sometimes, I'd go to tilt and it smash or up B and then it do a side move, but I guess it didn't hurt much.

edit:

Aw man... I thought I was getting a little better but everyone is just rusty. I'm rusty too!! :lol:

I don't do that charging head first into people and doing the side step dance and getting hit anymore, I do a lot more spacing. Too bad I learned how to space after the season.

We can always get on MGS4 and you could choke me out sometime. I'm sure were both really rusty at that, I was never more than decent at it though.

edit: Only happy to beat you because you're a beast during the season ;).

[quote name='hero101']I declared an Team Deathmatch.

Hero & Evergoo VS Suko & Mad.

I will bring the whips. Marc, bring two bananas.

And Mad, just bring Suko. :lol:[/QUOTE]That sounds fun. We'll do that sometime.

Also, gross.

bread's done
Back