Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - CAG Doubles Tournament! WINNER: CERO5!

Well Action was able to play tonight, his call

We even got some team game practice in

Last edited by a moderator:
We'll play again SDP

EDIT:

I guess we are not joining officially.

Action! told me that I can't hold his jock and then put it on my face after it was worn. Then he told me to make like a tree and get out of here. Then he took my lunch money and shoved me in to a locker. Then he made a burn book and told everyone I was a slut.  :cries:

You may now begin your matches!  (Unfortunately, Mad D and Action are not playing.  :(  )

Remember:  Teams must agree upon the first level.  Then, the losing team picks the level for the next match.

Please coordinate with your opponents to play, and, please post results here.  (You can also submit your scores on Challonge.)

Thanks!  Good luck!

just to clarify, for every game after the first does the loser inform the winner of the stage then both teams pick characters (and announce) or charters picked (and announced) then loser picks stage?

also should probably include no items, no customs/equipment in the rules!

An example:

Rig vs. Player (decided on FD for level)
Rig loses first round, so we pick Smashville for second
Rig wins. Player picks round three
Rig loses. He picks next level.

And so on. You do not have to announce characters. And can switch freely between matches.

I will add the customs; good point.

Results!

R1. CaptainJoel (Bowser) and GN_Infinity (Cloud) D. Daisydog (Link) and Jack (Marth)

R2. CaptainJoel (Bowser) and GN_Infinity (Mario) D. Daisydog (Link) and Jack (Marth)

R3. CaptainJoel (Bowser) and GN_Infinity (Yoshi) D. Daisydog (Pikachu) and Jack (Lucina)

R4. CaptainJoel (Bowser) and GN_Infinity (Ike) D. Daisydog (Kirby) and Jack (Lucina)

R5. Daisydog (Link) and Jack (Ike) D. CaptainJoel (Bowser) and GN_Infinity (Captain Falcon)

Winners: CaptainJoel and GN_Infinity!

Congrats guys!

I didn't know if I should report all 5 rounds on Challonge or just put 1 and have Joel be the winner. Rig, I'll let you update that :p

--

The edge guarding is what did me in again :bomb:  Joel's brother, Nathan is pretty good. It was fun, and I miss playing with Jack. Our oldies need to come back! Dyeknom, Marc, Suko, Joe???

Thanks for doing such a fantastic write-up! We loved playing with you two! :D

We had a ton of fun on the extra matches we played, too! You're both wonderful players.

Wow, I just had a great match with cero and his brother. Let me give this write up thing a shot.
Round 1 winner- Team thatguy
Round 2 winner- Team thatguy
Round 3 winner- Team Cero
Round 4 winner- Team Cero
Round 5 winner- Team thatguy
Got kinda heated once Cero pulled out Roy. We barely came out on top at the end. Feel free to supplement any additional details Cero because in the heat of the moment I forgot most of the specifics :p

Wow, I just had a great match with cero and his brother. Let me give this write up thing a shot.
Round 1 winner- Team thatguy
Round 2 winner- Team thatguy
Round 3 winner- Team Cero
Round 4 winner- Team Cero
Round 5 winner- Team thatguy
Got kinda heated once Cero pulled out Roy. We barely came out on top at the end. Feel free to supplement any additional details Cero because in the heat of the moment I forgot most of the specifics :p
yeah they were great matches, i suck at team battles :wall:

Btw.. if anyone is interested. My IRC room can be used if youd like for either social company or easier way to track your rounds with live chat between each other. Webbased link is in my profile for "interests".

If anyone has a real irc client, I can give you that info if youd like.

yeah they were great matches, i suck at team battles :wall:
What the?! I don't believe this one. I seen this guy take one two players at once multiple times when we played teams for fun. Especially the other night when I was his teammate having my SD fest 2016. Who were you using those first couple games Cero?

Was it because I wasn't there to SD to cause you to go into hero mode? :lol:

What the?! I don't believe this one. I seen this guy take one two players at once multiple times when we played teams for fun. Especially the other night when I was his teammate having my SD fest 2016. Who were you using those first couple games Cero?

Was it because I wasn't there to SD to cause you to go into hero mode? :lol:
used lucina and cloud,ironically i have no team synergy with my own brother.... tons of sd's on both sides as well.i'll have to fight my way back with link and shulk now

Round 1: GamerSDP defeats Rig
Round 2: GamerSDP defeats Rig
Round 3: Rig defeats GamerSDP
Round 4: GamerSDP defeats Rig
Round 5: Rig defeats GamerSDP

Glad the lag showed up after our tourney matches. Your friend Ken is good! I'll have to add him to my friends list.

Here's my round 1 match summary against Rig!

I decided to use my monitor for first time since Sept/Oct I think.  Almost started looking at the gamepad during some of the games but didn't :???:

Game 1 took about 20+ minutes to even start as I realized Rig wanted to know what stage and checked my PMs.  I was using my phone to check PMs (I hate browsing Internet on phones) as my laptop was low and couldn't charge as no outlet spare outlet.

This is the player position we were in for the whole match:

Me/Rig/Rig's friend/My friend

Game 1 Smashville - Mario/Pikachu/Link/Samus - Rig wins partially due to my 2 SDs (first was within first 5 seconds of the game at 0% :dunce: ).  This game did not officially count as team mode wasn't on.

Game 2 Battlefield (Omega) - Mario/Pikachu/Link/Samus - My friend carries us to a win. 0-1

Game 3 Big Battlefield - Mario/Jigglypuff/Link/Samus - My friend carries us to a win.  I got killed after getting hit twice by a nearly full/full charge shot... 0-2

Game 4 Final Destination - Mario/D3/Link/Samus - Rig wins. I SD'd at around 60% as I fast falled (fallen?) too much and couldn't grab ledge with up b.  Rig SDs at high percent from a falling up b off stage. 1-2

Game 5 Battlefield - Mario/D3/Link/Samus - My friend carries. 1-3 (we advance)

Game 6 Battlefield - Mario/D3/Link/Bayonetta - Rig wins. 2-3

My friend and I won 3 to 1 or 3 to 2 if counting the last game.

Rig, I was hoping to put up a better fight.  I felt the games since my friend went Bayonetta I played a bit better.  Hopefully we can play some 1v1s sometime.  Your friend is around my skill level but a bit higher.  However he's predictable which is likely how my friend was able to win the 2v1 situation (I think all our wins I was already eliminated :cry: ).

Did you think I played the other characters better than Mario?

Not sure why lag appeared for the last 3 or so games.  Gameplay seemed perfect most of the time.

now some rambling!

Before this match, I hadn't played with my friend since July.  I tried to schedule some practice in since signing up.  We have never teamed even in other games!  I was just hoping he'd be able to carry me  :pray:

My friend stuck around and destroyed me about a dozen times.  I did win a game and actually took stocks in about half the games (3 stocks even though 2 stocks is the actual competitive standard) :hot:   That one win however is very significant as it is the first time I ever beat him in smash (played nearly 30 games in July) including melee (don't think we ever played brawl) - actually any game even though we ever played smash together.  A little fun fact is he used to have a winning record against another friend from high school in melee, and then a bit when brawl came out.  I have exactly 1 win over that friend in a smash game as well - a brawl game on wifi which might still be saved on the wii (Corneria. My Marth somehow beat his Peach. Game afterwards he went tryhard and destroyed me). 

That friend is now a semiprofessional gamer and is known in the competitive scene.

Sorry for holding everyone up. There were some mixups early on, and it was difficult getting a good time for everyone to play. My teammate ended up getting off work much later than usual, so that's why it was 1v2.

Round 1: Battlefield - Andami (DK) wins vs Mysticales (Kirby) & Josh (Bowser Jr.)

Round 2: Dream Land - Andami (DK) wins vs Mysticales (Cloud) & Josh (Mario)

Round 3: Pilot Wings - Mysticales (Kirby) & Josh (Ness) win vs Andami (DK)

Round 4: Smashville - Mysticales (Kirby) & Josh (Ness) win vs Andami (DK)

Round 5: Battlefield - Andami (Ganondorf) wins vs Mysticales (Kirby) & Josh (Ness)

Final Score: (3 - 2) winners Andami & Xerxes

Round 2 Results!

R1. Rig (Jigglypuff) and StevN (Link) D. Daisydog (Link) and Jack (Pikachu)

R2. Rig (Ike) and StevN (Link) D. Daisydog (Link) and Jack (Marth)

R3. Rig (Ganon) and StevN (Link) D. Daisydog (Link) and Jack (Ike)

R4. Daisydog (Link) and Jack (Marth) D. Rig (Bowser) and StevN (Kirby)

R5. Rig (DeDeDe) and StevN (Ganon) D. Daisydog (Pikachu) and Jack (Ike)

Winners: Rig and StevN

Good games guys! I know there's a way to share lives, but I have no idea how to do it  :lol:  Team battles are so much more complicated than they look! Good luck in the rest of the tourney.

Thanks for the games, you two!
Glad we got some matches in after.
(A + B for shared stock...the person out of the match has to push it.)

No wonder why I couldn't get into a game tonight, everyone I usually play with was in a tournament game tonight. At least Janet was nice enough to play a few games with me so I could get my fill for the week.

Sorry for holding everyone up. There were some mixups early on, and it was difficult getting a good time for everyone to play. My teammate ended up getting off work much later than usual, so that's why it was 1v2.
wait so if I'm following, Andami won 3 games by himself!?

also what is the timeframe for each round?

SDP and his friend beat my brother and I! They were amazing matches and they're probably the best Smash players that we've ever played against!

Joel, just refer to me as Gamer!

Round 2 recap.  Warning: may be biased :)

I hosted the set against Joel.  His brother was on a separate Wii U.  This delayed us a bit - I had to deny Mad D entry!  There didn't appear to be any lag in any of the games including the casuals after the first 5. 

Player positions: Me/My friend/Joel's brother/Joel

Game 1

Final Destination - Mario/Samus/Cloud/Bowser - 1-0 Joel's favor

Joel at high % got a bowercide on my friend at just 16% in within the first minute.  Joel Bowser Bomb kills his brother.  I get the fair spike on Joel at high % as my friend tried to ledge guard.  Bowser bomb breaks my shield at low percent - no punish, and my friend quickly jabs to reset me.  Joel share stocks and gets an early bowsercide on my friend to close out the game before he can win the 2 v 1. Joel's brother, at high % last stock, taunts.

Game 2

Battlefield - Mario/Samus/Cloud/Bowser - 1-1 tied up

Joel, already above 100%, fails the bowercides on my friend and then me on the other side of the stage.  Joel's brother evades a charged shot at close range; I somehow recact and evade/shield it on the other side of stage.  A little over a minute since the start with 0 deaths.  Joel's brother upsmash/tilts under a platform as I roll past him.  Joel is ko'd before he is able to land on said platform.  My friend fsmashes the brother off the screen seconds later.  Somehow Joel's brother respwans before Joel (Buster Sword effect?).  Joel's brother goes after my friend off stage and gets dair gimped (no limit up b).  Joel gets upsmashed/tilted by a sword as he lands on the same platform.  I rolled again.  I get finishing touched or some limit special killed at high % near the special platform.  My friend tosses Joel of the stage and gets a dair gimp at 90ish %.  Joel is eliminated so no more sneaky fsmash kills.  Joel's brother grabs me and throws me towards center stage.  My friend unleashes the charge shot which ko's ftw.  My friend didn't say anything, but never taunt against him!

Game 3

Final Destination - Mario/Samus/Cloud/Bowser - 1-2 my favor

After getting charged shot and plumber upsmashed, Joel lands a bomb shield break on my friend at 0% - my friend falls off stage and dies!  Joel fsmashes which kills me and his brother!  Joel lands another smash on me at center stage which somehow kills me (eliminates) at around 80% after hit... I don't share stock as my friend is highish %.  He eliminates the brother and is shortly side b slammed killed.  He eventualy shoulder charges Joel under 200%) into the sky to get us the win.

Game 4

Final Destination  - Mario/Samus/Ike/Bowser - 1-3 in my favor (wins set)

A bunch of chaos ensures near the center.  My friend tries to get the dair gimp as the brother protects with a counter while recovering (not activated).  I friend somehow gets a fair stage spike as he returns to the stage!  Stuff happens and my friend lures the brother too far off stage to recover.  Joes gets another fsmash on me which kills a bit early!  My friend knocks the brother towards the center as Joel connects another fsmash.  I don't die, but the brother does and is eliminated!  He shares stocks which is the right play as my friend still has all 3 stocks.  Fast foward, and Joel connects with a fsmash removing my friend's first stock.  Shortly after I get fsmashed and put on my last stock... Joel side b's into my friend at low %, but the bowercide does not happen!  I run to Joel and upsmash to eliminate him!  My friend throws the brother off stage and fairs.  I attempt to charge water, but it is already full!  The water pushes my friend and provides enough momentum that he is able to connect abother fair which kills!

Game 5

Battlefield - Mario/Bayonetta/Cloud/Bowser - 1-4 n my favor

My friend gets some alt practice.  Witch Time craziness.  I survive a WT.  Shortly after I catch Joel with an upsmash ko.  The brother returns the favor soon.  Later Joel goes for the raw fsmash on my friend.  Friend shields just as the brother gets behind him. Drop kick goes through my friend killing the brother!  Joes gets WT'd but no death.  My friend tries to get a jab combo on Joel, but a fsmash somehow gets through to kill!  My friend goes after Joel for revenge.  I somehow get another bomb dropped on me which kills... Joel and brother get bullets while try to recover.  the brother evades the giant fist emerging from a portal.  Joel doesn't and dies.  Joel is able to drop kick both my friend and me.  We don't die as Joel has little rage (taht's how we all died before!).  Joel is nearly finished but isn't touched as the brother wastes a limit!  The brother attempts the 2v1 with 2 stocks left at over 100%.  Some vertical demonic fist kills me...  I don't share stock in fear of sding.  Joel gets tired of his brother playing the 1v1 and shares stock.  The brother lands a finishing touch on my friend - at least he was at high %.  My friend racks up damage on Joel while the brother is over 150%.  Th brother uses up a limit which ends up touching Joel and kills.  My friend goes to style with a heel drop despite the brother being to low without a limit.  My friend gets hit and probably would have been stage spiked if the game didn't end.

I played a lot better than last round (no sding).  Despite that, I still spammed smashes a bit much.  This was only the second instance teaming with my friend.  Our teamwork is a bit better than last time as we were able to get some quick combos albeit nothing fancy like crazy kill setups. 

The games were closer than the results show as Bowser (and other heavies) need to be respected; their smashes kill early.  Joel's brother is deinately more skilled than me - I'd put him slightly under Rig.  Joel is probably in lower end of my skill bracket. 

Joel, just refer to me as Gamer!

Round 2 recap. Warning: may be biased :)

I hosted the set against Joel. His brother was on a separate Wii U. This delayed us a bit - I had to deny Mad D entry! There didn't appear to be any lag in any of the games including the casuals after the first 5.

Player positions: Me/My friend/Joel's brother/Joel

Game 1

Final Destination - Mario/Samus/Cloud/Bowser - 1-0 Joel's favor

Joel at high % got a bowercide on my friend at just 16% in within the first minute. Joel Bowser Bomb kills his brother. I get the fair spike on Joel at high % as my friend tried to ledge guard. Bowser bomb breaks my shield at low percent - no punish, and my friend quickly jabs to reset me. Joel share stocks and gets an early bowsercide on my friend to close out the game before he can win the 2 v 1. Joel's brother, at high % last stock, taunts.

Game 2

Battlefield - Mario/Samus/Cloud/Bowser - 1-1 tied up

Joel, already above 100%, fails the bowercides on my friend and then me on the other side of the stage. Joel's brother evades a charged shot at close range; I somehow recact and evade/shield it on the other side of stage. A little over a minute since the start with 0 deaths. Joel's brother upsmash/tilts under a platform as I roll past him. Joel is ko'd before he is able to land on said platform. My friend fsmashes the brother off the screen seconds later. Somehow Joel's brother respwans before Joel (Buster Sword effect?). Joel's brother goes after my friend off stage and gets dair gimped (no limit up b). Joel gets upsmashed/tilted by a sword as he lands on the same platform. I rolled again. I get finishing touched or some limit special killed at high % near the special platform. My friend tosses Joel of the stage and gets a dair gimp at 90ish %. Joel is eliminated so no more sneaky fsmash kills. Joel's brother grabs me and throws me towards center stage. My friend unleashes the charge shot which ko's ftw. My friend didn't say anything, but never taunt against him!

Game 3

Final Destination - Mario/Samus/Cloud/Bowser - 1-2 my favor

After getting charged shot and plumber upsmashed, Joel lands a bomb shield break on my friend at 0% - my friend falls off stage and dies! Joel fsmashes which kills me and his brother! Joel lands another smash on me at center stage which somehow kills me (eliminates) at around 80% after hit... I don't share stock as my friend is highish %. He eliminates the brother and is shortly side b slammed killed. He eventualy shoulder charges Joel under 200%) into the sky to get us the win.

Game 4

Final Destination - Mario/Samus/Ike/Bowser - 1-3 in my favor (wins set)

A bunch of chaos ensures near the center. My friend tries to get the dair gimp as the brother protects with a counter while recovering (not activated). I friend somehow gets a fair stage spike as he returns to the stage! Stuff happens and my friend lures the brother too far off stage to recover. Joes gets another fsmash on me which kills a bit early! My friend knocks the brother towards the center as Joel connects another fsmash. I don't die, but the brother does and is eliminated! He shares stocks which is the right play as my friend still has all 3 stocks. Fast foward, and Joel connects with a fsmash removing my friend's first stock. Shortly after I get fsmashed and put on my last stock... Joel side b's into my friend at low %, but the bowercide does not happen! I run to Joel and upsmash to eliminate him! My friend throws the brother off stage and fairs. I attempt to charge water, but it is already full! The water pushes my friend and provides enough momentum that he is able to connect abother fair which kills!

Game 5

Battlefield - Mario/Bayonetta/Cloud/Bowser - 1-4 n my favor

My friend gets some alt practice. Witch Time craziness. I survive a WT. Shortly after I catch Joel with an upsmash ko. The brother returns the favor soon. Later Joel goes for the raw fsmash on my friend. Friend shields just as the brother gets behind him. Drop kick goes through my friend killing the brother! Joes gets WT'd but no death. My friend tries to get a jab combo on Joel, but a fsmash somehow gets through to kill! My friend goes after Joel for revenge. I somehow get another bomb dropped on me which kills... Joel and brother get bullets while try to recover. the brother evades the giant fist emerging from a portal. Joel doesn't and dies. Joel is able to drop kick both my friend and me. We don't die as Joel has little rage (taht's how we all died before!). Joel is nearly finished but isn't touched as the brother wastes a limit! The brother attempts the 2v1 with 2 stocks left at over 100%. Some vertical demonic fist kills me... I don't share stock in fear of sding. Joel gets tired of his brother playing the 1v1 and shares stock. The brother lands a finishing touch on my friend - at least he was at high %. My friend racks up damage on Joel while the brother is over 150%. Th brother uses up a limit which ends up touching Joel and kills. My friend goes to style with a heel drop despite the brother being to low without a limit. My friend gets hit and probably would have been stage spiked if the game didn't end.

I played a lot better than last round (no sding). Despite that, I still spammed smashes a bit much. This was only the second instance teaming with my friend. Our teamwork is a bit better than last time as we were able to get some quick combos albeit nothing fancy like crazy kill setups.

The games were closer than the results show as Bowser (and other heavies) need to be respected; their smashes kill early. Joel's brother is deinately more skilled than me - I'd put him slightly under Rig. Joel is probably in lower end of my skill bracket.
I LOVE THIS WRITE-UP! You did a great job of capturing the feeling of the matches!

Only things I can really say about my side of things: While I didn't ever get mad (I just tend to keep the pressure on in a lot of fighting games), my brother was actually raging super hard after that second match. He was trying really hard to impress you guys with style and not playing as safe as he normally does. He was actually barking orders at me mid-match from match 3-5 on who to go after and when to stay back. It was weird, but we don't normally share stock and the only reason I did was because he freaked out after I died. He was pretty down and swore off playing Smash ever again after losing because he feels like he cost us the matches, but he will hopefully be back in fighting shape by the time of our next match in the losers bracket.

I loved every bit of these matches. They were a lot of fun and your partner was straight up, probably the best player I have ever played against. Your playstyles complimented each other very well, too! Great tag teaming! Definitely made me want to get better at wavedashing and blocking.

It helps that he's a pro gamer :lol:
my rant from my round 1 post seems to have been a bit unclear. my friend whom I am teaming with for this used to have a huge winning record in melee and start of brawl against another friend of mine. that friend is the [semi] "pro".

R1. Cero(Roy) and L (Mario) D. Mysticales (ness) and Josh (kirby)

R2. Cero (Roy) and L(Mario) D. Mysticales (bowser) and Josh (fox)

R3. Cero(Roy) and L (Mario) D. Mysticales (corrin) and Josh (ryu)

we had some fun

Just finished my match with team andami. Final score was 3-0 with team thatguy coming out on top.
Round 1. Team that guy wins as cloud and corrin v diddy kong and meta knight.
Round 2. Team that guy wins as cloud and corrin v ganondorf and ganondorf.
Round 3. Team that guy wins as cloud and corrin v King 3d and donkey kong.
Good games guys. I tried to back off a little bit once we took control of the 3rd match, but my (very tired) partner started trying to team kill me for not being serious enough. Funniest thing was when he launched me off the stage at the end, I flew right into King 3d and killed him with a forward air.

Stealing Cero's write up for our match last night!

R1. Cero(Roy) and L (Mario) D. Joel (Bowser) and Nathan (Mario)

R2. Cero (Roy) and L (Mario) D.  Bowser (Bowser) and Nathan (Cloud)

R3. Cero(Roy) and L (Mario) D. Joel (Bowser) and Nathan (Ike)

We got beat, but had a ton of fun! 

Yes, it has! You gonna be joining us one of these Wednesday nights to play some Smash?!

--

Andami and his partner have withdrawn from the tourney.
Will have to wait until May when my schedule clears up. Too much happening right now.

Winners Finals Writeup

The Build Up

Thatguy and his cousin versus my friend and I.  Thatguy and I had agreed on a time.  When that time came, I was still waiting for my friend as he had forgotten about the tournament!  I also had to charge the gamepad...  I had a feeling we'd be in for a surprise as we never practiced.

I have been following the teams throughout the tournament and had expected Cero and his brother to go far based on prior comments and the previous singles tournament.  When Thatguy advanced over Cero, I knew my friend and I were in for a challenge.  Seeing Thatguy's sparse writeups with character choices just confirmed that my friend and I would struggle.  I had informed my friend after our previous round that the next team would likely be using Cloud/Corrin and were cousins, likely meaning playing locally on same console and suggesting strong synergy (Cero claims he is bad at teams, strangely even while teaming with his brother). 

The Match

Player positions: Me/Thatguy's Cousin/Thatguy/My friend

Game 1

Battlefield - Mario/Cloud/Corrin/Samus - 1-0 Thatguy's favor

Thatguy suggested Smashville, Town and City, or Battlefield for game 1.  My friend picked BF.  Anticipating Cloud/Corrin, I felt BF was a good choice as we may be able to juggle Cloud, and Cloud/Corrin wouldn't have much space to charge Limit or fire projectiles. 

The first 30 seconds or so started out as quick chaos.  Everyone had about the same level of damage built up.  My friend fired a full charge shot, but Cloud avoided damage despite his weak shield. Cloud knocked my friend off stage with a dash attack.  Offstage Cloud fired a (Limit?) Cross Slash toward the stage, but my friend dropped lower.  After recovering, both continued their fight offstage.  Cloud tried to get the up special spike only to plummet to his death.  My friend went a bit low and died as well.  After both respawned, Cloud avoided a grapple beam with ended up grabbing me instead.  Cloud took advantage and quickly got a fair KO as I was still airbourne.  Thatguy was still on his first stock and healthy.  I respawned and tried to keep him away.  I ended up avoiding the second dragon hit as Thatguy lunged through me and plumetted too off stage to recover.  Game was pretty even with only a minute and a half since the game started.  I connected with a dash attack, and my friend was there to followup with a dair on a very healthy limitess Cloud off stage which gave the first lead of the game!  At just before the 2 minute mark, I got a face full of cannon fire while a dragon shot travels across the stage and stuns Cloud.  Thatguy eats a full charge shot as he tries to finish me off after knocking me off stage. Audio confirmation that Limit is up. I dodge an attack right as a charge shot hits me and send me past the blast zone...  A little over 2 minutes have passed and my friend tosses Cloud offstage and connects with a partially charged shot.  Limitless Cloud falls and immediately shares stock.  Within seconds Thatguy is lunges past shields off stage and is hit with a Samus dair.  He is slightly too late when he starts his Ascent recovery (or misjduged the trajectory) as he fails to grab the ledge.  We have the win in sight.  Despite a healthy Cloud, my friend is under 100% with 2 stocks, and I am under 80%.  I get juggled a bit to under 100%.  I hit Cloud with a dash attack right as a charge shot is unleashed which misses a now airbourne Cloud and knocks me off stage.  Cloud eventually connects with a Limit Cross Slash which kills my friend.  I mispace a likely game winning upsmash only to be KOd by Cloud's own upsmash.  Cloud is at 100% vs my friend at 0%.  Cloud quickly racks up 64% before avoid a grapple beam.  He eventually gets my friend to around 80% without taking damage.  My friend misses a dair as he returns to the stage only to be met with a nicely spaced Limit Cross Slash.  My friend dies due to poor/no DI...

The post game statistics show how little I contributed -_-.  Although, my gorilla warfare tactics are mainly to support my friend and prevent 2 on 1s.

Game 2

Final Destination - Mario/Cloud/Corrin/Samus - 2-0 Thatguy's favor

I don't know why my friend wanted FD as that would allow for more Cloud/Corrin projectiles.  Mario wouldn't be able to rely on platforms to sneek in aerials and outmaneuver.  Samus would have a slightly better ground and projectile game but lose aerial coverage as well.

Right out of the gate my friend hit Thatguy with 2 dash attacks into an uair.  I distracted Thatguy with rolls and aerial fireballs for a while so my friend would just have to deal with Cloud.  He eventually smartened up so I had to rush into the fray as well.  30 seconds had passed before Cloud connected with a Limit Cross Slash on my friend.  Percent wise game was fairly even still.  Somehow the 1v1s switch up with my friend fooling Thatguy with some ledge antics leading Thatguy to lunge through shield and miss his recovery for an assisted SD.  Meanwhile I was going slightly offstage and back.  Cloud took the hazzardous bait, as he misjudged the distance he had to climb, falling to death.  With just under a minute into game 2, my team had a nice lead as we were both under 90%.  Cloud quickly turned the tide as he got a limitless Cross Slash KO on my friend at a bit over 100% (bad DI again?).  I almost mess up a recovery after air dodging but am able to make it to the ledge.  As I get up, I'm speared to death by a dragon fang meant for my friend who is knocked towards Cloud!  At around the 1 minute and a half mark, I connect with fsmash that could have killed Thatguy (red lightning).  However he had knocked into Cloud who just got his Limit (not sure if Limit was before/after hit) which altered the trajectory?  My friend some how grabbed in during the chaos as well.   A Cloud upb hit me and a returning Thatguy.  I tracked Thatguy as he came back down from the top right blast zone and landed a red lightning bair.  Thatguy must have DI'd perfected as he was at 141% as he recovered to the ledge!  I recovered and got back up the ledge as Thatguy was aiming for the ledge.  As he got back up, I connected with a falling bair finally KOing him at 151%!  We had a decent lead with nearly 2 minutes passing.  My friend tossed Cloud offstage which Thatguy took advatage with as he secured a tooth KO!  Shortly after, my friend tried to recover on the right side with Cloud at the edge while Thatguy began charging an usmash? trying to anticipate the roll get up!  I interupt with a fireball and dash attack.  I fsmash Thatguy a bit off the left as Cloud gains Limit before being hit with a full charge shot.  I dair into Thatguy (shields?) and quickly shield as Cloud decides to send a Limit Cross Slash from the ledge.  Meanwhile Thatguy avoids a full charged shot as he is lunging.  The charge shot breaks my shield.  Cloud misses a punish which would have killed me.  Seconds later both Cloud and I are hit off stage and on our last stocks.  A little more than 2 and a half minutes had passed with the game basically even as everyone is on their final stock.  Thatguy has a bit more % than my friend but still under 100%.  Cloud is grapple tossed and returns crashing down from his climb.  My friend misses the punish and attempts another grapple.  I'm hit with a dragon shot meant for my friend who then shields late.  My friend gets up from ledge as Cloud goes for a limitlessl Cross Slash at ledge which may have gotten a stage spike if timed correctly.  That guy avoids a grab and knocks me off stage.  Before I can recover, Cloud connects with a dsmash killing my friend.  I end up SDing 2 seconds later.

Looking at the post game stats, I had a much better game, but so did Thatguy.  I was able to get 8 grabs but could not follow through and get throws.

Game 3

Final Destination - Mario/Cloud/Corrin/Captain Falcon - 3-0 Thatguy's favor and advances to Grand Finals

My friend wants a FD runback.  I should have disagreed with him. 

After about 10 seconds of everyone dashing towards the center I realize my friend switched characters!  I get stunned by a dragon shot as my friend falls back to the stage and lands a knee on Cloud who seemed to have rushed in to capitalize.  My friend gets 2 uairs on Cloud right after getting limit.  I miss my own uair and go for an upb as I land which ends up hitting my friend.  My friend gets a stage dair on Cloud, but I am a bit far to get an aerial followup.  A little over 30 seconds since the start, and I soon SD...  My friend lands a bair on Cloud finally killing him at mid 100s.  Thatguy gets a rapid jab on me which allows Cloud to followup with a downsmash.  Cloud then KOs my friend at early/mid 100s and begins charging.  Cloud gets a jab combo and dash attack on both of us as Thatguy begins charging the dragon tooth.  I am quickly spear smashed off the side as I get up. A little over 1 minute and a half has elapsed with Thatguy still on his first stock while I'm on my last.  I land a raw usmash on a falling Cloud.  It could have killed if charged.  Cloud wastes a limit as my friend airdodges only to be KOd with a fsmash.  I try to keep Thatguy's attention away from my friend so he can hopefully finish off Cloud who is nearly at 150%. I shield right as Thatguy starts an attack.  Unfortunately I misread it as it's the side lunge and hits me.  Thatguy and Cloud are both at upsmash kill %.  However Cloud gets a read and kills me from center stage.  My friend quickly gets Cloud down to his last stock as Thatguy still stock tanks all 3 stocks.  My friend jumps over Cloud and lands a bair KO on Thatguy.  Thatguy returns to the stage as 2 and a half minutes have passed.  That guy travels to the right side of the stage and taunts as my friend is launched over him by a 0% Cloud.  My friend fsmashes a distracted Thatguy as Cloud get Limit.  At 98% on last stock, my friend has a huge task against healthy enemies.  My friend avoids getting hit for a good 10 seconds or so and able to get some damage in.  Game has just passed 3 minutes.  Cloud approaches with a jump, and my friend Falcon Kicks past him into Thatguy.  Cloud soon turns around to unleash the final Limit of the game, Cross Slash (glad it wasn't Finishing Touch).

My Wii U has been having issues while I've been rewatching replays so didn't get to check the post game stats for this.  Right after this game when I was able to look at the post game stats, I quickly heard 2 sounds indicating 2 people have left the room.  When I returned to the character select, Thatguy's cousin and my friend had left.  I guess no one wanted to play out the other 2 games...

Post Match Rant

Thatguy's cousin is definately the best player I've come across during the CAG tournament.  I'd say his skill is above my friend's now.  However after researching a bit, the cousin should probably have played a bit better.  Thatguy informed me his cousin is a teenager.  Some trivia:

My friend went to Nintendo World in 2006 or 2007 to play in Melee tournaments.  He got destroyed by "some little kid with a Captain Falcon sticker on his controller".  A year or two later, my friend and my other friend (now sort of a pro gamer) went to a Brawl tournament.  My other friend saw some kid he had seen at other events and asked my friend and the kid if they ever played as my other friend recalled the story my friend told about the kid with the Captain Falcon sticker (yes I know... pronouns).  My friend realized the kid was the same kid.  The kid, who actually was probably around 13 at the time, did not recall as he exclaimed "sorry bro/dude. I don't remember everyone I beat" (paraphrasing a bit).  Who's this "kid"?  Well he's probably the best Captain Falcon player if not most significant and responsible for a Mega Man inspired reasonable yet overused Smash meme ...

Anyway the match was actually much closer than I had realized!  I'd say Thatguy is maybe 1 or 2 "skill brackets" above me and probably closer in skill to my friend than I am to Thatguy.  Despite that, I think we could have won the first 2 games if I were just a little better.

I initially hoped this tournament would be for CAGs only (my friend joined CAG before me actually), as I was tempted to ask my other friend to team (likely would not have obiliged and deemed it a waste of time).  My friend hasn't really been a part of the competitive scene.  Hopefully this loss may convince him to start.  He was better than my other friend.  SInce they last played in 2009 or so however, my other friend probably spent over 25000 hours playing/watching smash.

It's a good thing I asked gamer to do the write up. If I had done it myself, I would have completely failed to capture some of the most exciting moments of the match. On a side note, I do apologize for us leaving right after 3 matches, but we had been waiting an hour for the match to start, and it was getting pretty late. Gamer and Ken definitly gave us a good fight though. We definitly weren't expecting to be the last team in the winners bracket (especially after that close first round with cero).

Rig vs. Cero:

D3 and Toon Link vs. Roy and Mario (w)
Jigglypuff and TL vs. Roy and Mario (w)
D3 and Toon Link vs. Roy and Mario (can't remember if this one is right.) (w)
Jigglypuff and TL vs. Roy and Corrin (w)
Ike and Link vs. Bowser and Marth (w)

Cero wins 5-0.

Good luck in the rest of the tourney!

According to challonge, gamer and cero haven't played their match yet. My partner and I are eagerly waiting for them to finish their fight.

I know everyone is hoping for a writeup or at least results but nope!

Cero and I have been having trouble scheduling.  Planned to play over the weekend, but I was sick and Cero was busy anyway for the set time.  I was better Tuesday, but my friend was tired.  Hopefully Thursday is the night! 

P.S.

I did not stall in hopes for an update which may or may not have buffed and or nerfed characters that may or may not be utilized.

Sigh... The wait continues. My partner and I will definitely have to reevaluate our cloud/ corrin combo though due to some of the nerfs from the latest patch. Good luck to both teams in the meantime though!

i played so many matches that i can't remember the characters correctly.

Cero vs Gamer

Mario and Samus vs. Roy and Mario (w)
mario and Samus vs. Roy and Mario (w)
Mario and Samus vs. Roy and Mario  (w)

Cero wins 3-0

Cero vs ThatGuy

Corrin and Rosa vs. Roy and Mario (w)
Corrin and Rosa vs. Roy and Mario (w)
(Can't remember) vs. Roy and Mario  (w)

(Can't remember) vs. Roy and Mario (w)
(Can't remember) vs. Roy and Mario (w)
(Can't remember) vs. Roy and Mario  (w)