Super Street Fighter 4 - $39.99 (GS)

In before all of the bitching about how this should be DLC or free or $20 or whatever - and the complaining will be mostly done by people who have no idea what this update entails (IT'S NOT JUST NEW CHARACTERS - IT'S A REBALANCED GAME WITH NEW GAMEPLAY ELEMENTS, ASSHOLES), nor would they buy it even if it was DLC.

Anyway, despite Yoshinori Ono stating multiple times during multiple interviews during TGS that this would not be a full priced game, it's good to see a retailer listing it at $40. In for 2... one for PS3 and one for 360. Woot.

[quote name='thirtytwoutside']people who have no idea what this update entails (IT'S NOT JUST NEW CHARACTERS - IT'S A REBALANCED GAME WITH NEW GAMEPLAY ELEMENTS, ASSHOLES)[/QUOTE]

Oh, you mean like a patch?

$40 is a effing steal for those who dont have the OG.

I am not too sure about the release date, seems kinda early; since they only showed 3 new chars out of the 8,9,10 whatever.
and the arcade cabinet should be their priority of release, no?

No such thing as a "Balanced" Fighting game

people are going to find exploits and juggles/infinites resets whatever have you.

40 is to much not interested....

fell out of love with the OG, the 3 new characters def aren't bringing me back.

'Despite the story of SF4 I still wanted SF3 characters in there (which is odd because I wasnt that big of a SF3 fan back in the day, but i play it all the time now)

[quote name='thirtytwoutside'] (IT'S NOT JUST NEW CHARACTERS - IT'S A REBALANCED GAME WITH NEW GAMEPLAY ELEMENTS, ASSHOLES)
[/QUOTE]

Huh? What are the new gameplay elements? Are you talking about they mentioned that they're probably going to give some of the "old" characters new ultras? Let's hope by rebalanced, they don't mean they made Sagat even better.

[quote name='thirtytwoutside']In before all of the bitching about how this should be DLC or free or $20 or whatever - and the complaining will be mostly done by people who have no idea what this update entails (IT'S NOT JUST NEW CHARACTERS - IT'S A REBALANCED GAME WITH NEW GAMEPLAY ELEMENTS, ASSHOLES), nor would they buy it even if it was DLC.

Anyway, despite Yoshinori Ono stating multiple times during multiple interviews during TGS that this would not be a full priced game, it's good to see a retailer listing it at $40. In for 2... one for PS3 and one for 360. Woot.[/QUOTE]

Like how every year Madden is a rebalanced game with new rosters. LOL.

It sounds like they're doing a lot besides characters (No new stages, though)
- Bonus Rounds
- Balance Tweaks
- Better Online

And your DLC from SFIV will work on SSFIV (Well, that's what they SAID, whether it's true or not remains to be seen)

[quote name='thirtytwoutside'](IT'S NOT JUST NEW CHARACTERS - IT'S A REBALANCED GAME WITH NEW GAMEPLAY ELEMENTS, ASSHOLES)[/QUOTE]

you're mental.

Seeing how SFIV was $59.99 > $39.99 > $37 > $28.98 > and $19.99 for 1 week...and the fact I traded mine in. I'll wait for it to be part of a B2G1 deal or platinum hit price. I am glad however I didn't buy it for full price.

Did they mention what owners of SFIV get for their original games? iirc they said there would be added incentive.

(i'm sure I missed a price drop somewhere but...that's not important)

I'm surprised there was no "This is not a deal. Msrp is not a deal..." posted yet.
I will hold off on picking this up, unless there's a good sale. I haven't even gotten into the first one as of yet and I've had it since around launch time

[quote name='thirtytwoutside']In before all of the bitching about how this should be DLC or free or $20 or whatever - and the complaining will be mostly done by people who have no idea what this update entails (IT'S NOT JUST NEW CHARACTERS - IT'S A REBALANCED GAME WITH NEW GAMEPLAY ELEMENTS, ASSHOLES), nor would they buy it even if it was DLC.

Anyway, despite Yoshinori Ono stating multiple times during multiple interviews during TGS that this would not be a full priced game, it's good to see a retailer listing it at $40. In for 2... one for PS3 and one for 360. Woot.[/QUOTE]

The only thing this ASSHOLE wants is that they fix the online.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Oh, you mean like a patch?[/QUOTE]

They've already said they can;t "patch" the existing game b/c they completely recoded the whole game... They said that when it was first announced a few weeks ago.

I'm still curious about the "Owners of the orig SF4 get something special" comments.

And I wanna know if I pissed away money on DLC or not :/

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']That's by far the worst placeholder coverart I've ever seen.[/QUOTE]
why? it's simple and classy. I hate most box art cause it's way too busy. look at the differences between final fantasies' box art in japan vs america. its the prime example of how simple is much better

Man if you kids only knew what kind of Quality we got back in the day. I remember buying Last Battle for Genesis for $60 back in the day. Google that game sometime. lol. I still have to put time into SFIV, but I'll buy this one for sure. Can never get enough of SF.

original game owner here in for 1. I heard that original game owners would receive some kind of bonus, dont know how that would work tho. also lets hope for some SF3 characters in the mix.

[quote name='Hardware']Man if you kids only knew what kind of Quality we got back in the day. I remember buying Last Battle for Genesis for $60 back in the day. Google that game sometime. lol. I still have to put time into SFIV, but I'll buy this one for sure. Can never get enough of SF.[/QUOTE]

I remember buying Secret of Mana for SNES for $75 and SF2 for $70. And those were retail price. :hot:

[quote name='swy81']I remember buying Secret of Mana for SNES for $75 and SF2 for $70. And those were retail price. :hot:[/QUOTE]

that's when nintendo practically had a monopoly and were charging developers a ton of money to develop for the SNES. competition is a good thing :)

spread your propaganda elsewhere, it'll probably be more appreciated. cause on cag, you are the asshole.

btw this isnt really a deal.. its msrp. im sure amazon would have it cheaper.

If it was going to be dlc it would be overpriced look at the costume pack it was 15 bucks for all of them I would hate to see what dlc chars would cost

[quote name='swy81']I remember buying Secret of Mana for SNES for $75 and SF2 for $70. And those were retail price. :hot:[/QUOTE]
Those games were well worth it. :) But yeah, I paid ~$75 for many of my SNES games back in the day. I don't know why more people don't remember that when they bellyache about $60 games today. :)

Very cool. Although it does teach you never to buy a big Capcom game when it first launches (!)

I'll probably buy this for either PC or PS3, for the free online. Ditto for the rerelease of Resident Evil 5.

Wouldn't it be the opposite? You buy something like SF4 at launch and play it extensively for several months until the revision is released and play it just as much, if not more?

Why would it be the opposite? Most people don't want to buy something twice, and then like with Resident Evil, I'd just as soon play the definitive version the first time, even if someone game me the first release free.

I'm already having to buy The Force Unleashed twice as it is. Glad I didn't buy Street Fighter or Resident Evil. (Although really I'd be buying SF4 just for the online play, as graphically it's atrocious and it sounds like they added even more complexity to it than 3 had, so I don't know that it's fun for casual fans of the series.)

Not everybody wants to wait forever to play a new game. When Street Fighter comes out, I want to play it right then. Plus that gives you way more time to practice than if you held out for a possible update. Speaking of SF4, it doesn't sound like you know what you're talking about.

You can always sell of the old version when a re-release is announced or whatever.

I don't think is surprising at all. A new $60 Guitar Hero comes out every quarter, Call of Duty and Madden every year.

I'm glad its only $40 and hopefully the online will be decent this time. I was going to trade the OG in at GS and use the trade 4/$20 bonus, but even at $5.50+5=10.50...wow, thats hardly worth it.

I love Street Fighter 4 and purchased it day one, but for this release I willing to wait till it drops to around $20 (Gamestop Sale). Don't play SF4 online so I am in no rush.

[quote name='eastx']Not everybody wants to wait forever to play a new game.[/quote]

Like there aren't a ton of other games coming out too? I mean yeah, the Madden update thing is kind of a valid comparison, but those are kind of scam-y to begin with. I don't play those, and if I did, I woudln't buy every single one.

This is double dipping with RE and SF4, no question.

Speaking of SF4, it doesn't sound like you know what you're talking about.

In what way?

I bet their sorry asses at Capcom will still have some DLC already on the disc to charge extra for.

Only if Amazon has it for $36.99 ontop of 15% off ECA & Goldbox will I consider it.

[quote name='token2k6']This is not a deal! MSRP is not a deal...should be under regular X360 thread...[/QUOTE]

Or the fighting thread or general gaming forum.

I'm disappointed It's $40 and would have preferred $30 but It's only $10 that I'm sure Amazon will help me with.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Those games were well worth it. :) But yeah, I paid ~$75 for many of my SNES games back in the day. I don't know why more people don't remember that when they bellyache about $60 games today. :)[/QUOTE]

because most gamers today started with the ps1 or ps2. which had retail prices of 40$ and 45-50$, respectively.

that being said, im totally in for this game. will probably sell/trade in my current regular sfiv copy once i find out i dont need it anymore (depending on that 'bonus') and i got the collector's edition too!

[quote name='burningrom2']also lets hope for some SF3 characters in the mix.[/QUOTE]

A source that was 100% correct in revealing (in advance) the information that Capcom has given out so far (including dead-on information about Juri) stated that there are SF3 characters: Dudley, Ibuki, and Makoto. Unfortunately, I don't have a link - but this is pretty common information in the Street Fighter community now, google around.

The 10 stated new characters are:
* From SF3: Dudley (HELL yes!), Ibuki, Makoto
* From SSF2: DeeJay, T.Hawk
* From SF Alpha: Guy, Cody, Adon
* New characters: Juri, Hakan (an Arabian grappler)

Also, supposedly all characters have two ultras (including some insane aerial ones like a 720 air super for 'gief called "Siberian Blizzard"). Bonus stage returns. Better online play. It sounds like a really substantial upgrade that's easily worth the $39.99 MSRP.

Currently rumor, but it's a pretty solid looking rumor. Apparently the same source also revealed the existence of the new BlazBlue expansion prior to Arc Systems announcing it.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Very cool. Although it does teach you never to buy a big Capcom game when it first launches (!)[/QUOTE]

This is not teaching anyone anything new.

Didn't 7 versions of Street Fighter II, the Street Fighter Alpha series, and three SF3 games already teach everyone who's been paying attention AT ALL what Capcom does with this series? This is the same company that is infamous for its Street Fighter and Megaman sequels, they've not been shy about Resident Evil either - they re-released every Resident Evil main series game (many multiple times) on different systems with slight tweaks (Gamecube/DC ports, Wii versions, PS2 RE4 and Code Veronica, RE1 remake, RE1 and RE2 Director's Cut/Dual Shock editions on PSX, etc.).

This is not a new strategy for Capcom with their big franchises, they've done the same thing for well over a decade.

I remember these releases on SNES:
1992 - Street Fighter 2
1993 - Street Fighter 2 Turbo
1994 - Super Street Fighter 2

And yeah, they ran $60-70. Each sequel provided new playable characters and gameplay changes. This is Capcom acting in their normal fashion.

[quote name='postulio']because most gamers today started with the ps1 or ps2. which had retail prices of 40$ and 45-50$, respectively.

that being said, im totally in for this game. will probably sell/trade in my current regular sfiv copy once i find out i dont need it anymore (depending on that 'bonus') and i got the collector's edition too![/QUOTE]

I started before the NES and still think $50 or $60 is a ripoff for 98% of games. I used to buy WAY more games when most stuff was $10-40 at launch on the PSX.

[quote name='wildnuts02']that's when nintendo practically had a monopoly and were charging developers a ton of money to develop for the SNES. competition is a good thing :)[/QUOTE]

umm no. when those games came out SEGA GENESIS was market leader. This reason for the high price were the carts and that quite a few had actual gpus IN THE cartridges to allow visuals snes couldn't do on it's own.

[quote name='eastx']Not everybody wants to wait forever to play a new game. When Street Fighter comes out, I want to play it right then. Plus that gives you way more time to practice than if you held out for a possible update. Speaking of SF4, it doesn't sound like you know what you're talking about.

You can always sell of the old version when a re-release is announced or whatever.[/QUOTE]

The old version will be worthless by the time this re-release comes out... It already only gets $5.50 at Gamestop in credit and about $15 on eBay right now, I can only imagine how much it'll dip in the next few months.

bread's done
Back