Super Street Fighter II Turbo: HD Remix (Now w/ Friends List & Game Nights!)

I'm volunteer at around 7 pm pacific. I got some homework that I need to get done first so I'll be gone for a while.

Finally played a tourney mode without disconnects and edged out for the win! I feel happy :)

I just got the game half a hour ago.

I love this game, while completely sucking at it also. My info is:
Bretts31344/MGS4_Ocelot_08
Headset: Yes

I hate that when you do a friendly match (or maybe any match) you are forced into playing again unless both players go back to the lobby and one of them leaves.

Mad Catz are going to make these controllers:
http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Street-Fighter-IV-FightPad/dp/B001M241KU

http://www.amazon.com/Street-Fighte...ystation-3/dp/B001M22WN8/ref=pd_bxgy_vg_img_b

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Street-F...ystation-3/dp/B001M22WLU/ref=pd_bxgy_vg_img_c

GGs rataxico and Paco.

Paco u had a nice headbutt whiff -> throw setup with Rog.

I still gotta learn all the characters better, apparently I can only win with Honda.

and btw to all the ppl using charge characters, I recommend when u charge to hold down-back instead of jus back or down.

The reason being, you dont move yourself all the way into the corner, and it charges for BOTH back and down charge moves.

When I see someone holding back, it's predictable what you're gonna do and gives u a lot of time to figure out how to get around it. Charging both gives you more options to what to do offensively.

also specifically for Balrog, you can charge down-back, then do the down-forward low-rush punch,

you will still maintain your down charge so u can do a headbutt immediately

[quote name='JEKKI']GGs rataxico and Paco.

Paco u had a nice headbutt whiff -> throw setup with Rog.

I still gotta learn all the characters better, apparently I can only win with Honda.

and btw to all the ppl using charge characters, I recommend when u charge to hold down-back instead of jus back or down.

The reason being, you dont move yourself all the way into the corner, and it charges for BOTH back and down charge moves.

When I see someone holding back, it's predictable what you're gonna do and gives u a lot of time to figure out how to get around it. Charging both gives you more options to what to do offensively.

also specifically for Balrog, you can charge down-back, then do the down-forward low-rush punch,

you will still maintain your down charge so u can do a headbutt immediately[/quote]

I'd do the downcharging, but I usually get hit in the head by a fleet footed opponent, or in the case of cammy, that stupid running dash thing that grabs your head. So I leaned more towards standing charges. Plus on the PS3 controller, I have a harder time going from db to do with precise accurcy for some reason so I seldom do that. And the throw comment? This coming from the super throw hugger? You did four of those in a row my friend.

Gah this game is turning my hand into a withered claw. MY THUMB IT BLISTERS

[quote name='Bretts31344']I love this game, while completely sucking at it also. My info is:
Bretts31344/MGS4_Ocelot_08
Headset: Yes

I hate that when you do a friendly match (or maybe any match) you are forced into playing again unless both players go back to the lobby and one of them leaves.

Mad Catz are going to make these controllers:
http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Street-Fighter-IV-FightPad/dp/B001M241KU

http://www.amazon.com/Street-Fighte...ystation-3/dp/B001M22WN8/ref=pd_bxgy_vg_img_b

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Street-F...ystation-3/dp/B001M22WLU/ref=pd_bxgy_vg_img_c[/quote]

Sweet thanks! I really like the Blanka and Chun-Li fightpad. Ken and Akuma look okay too.

Sorry for disconnecting asianxcore, I didn't really know how to quit and didn't have my headset on. Thanks for beating me up real good :) I'm going have to go read up on some strategies, especially against Blanka. I'm pretty bad against him and never really got into the metagame as a kid. It's nice playing someone (clearly) better than me!

I'll be back when I've learned how to fight you! :twisted:

edit: oops, sorry striker199 didn't see your post!

GG's as well to you Suko. Definitely hit me up whenever you feel like playing again.

As you can clearly see when it happens, I hate playing AS Shotos. I'm clearly more comfortable playing as anyone but Ken, Ryu and Akuma.

GGs trajin and Kenpachi.

I gotta say tho... messaging is a bitch!!

also, I didnt kno who all those guys who joined in were... I had inherited the room from sum GAF doods and I guess it wasnt set to private...

anyway, when u guys make rooms try to make sure Voice Chat is turned on.

not that I kno how to use voice chat or anything, but I'm definitely trying to figure it out =P

good game JEKKI. I can't wait until my finger heals up completely so I can really get back into the groove of street fighter again. I will admit though my younger self would definately cream the older me now.

am I the only one who feels like they are watching themselves play the game? Kinda weird but I noticed that last night.

is your rank at zero now Suko? Because I had about 100 wins 47 losses and now I'm at like 30-40 wins at around 20 losses. I'm also got a zero for my score and around 18,000 in rank despite having more victories then most of my friends and less losses too.

[quote name='Paco']is your rank at zero now Suko? Because I had about 100 wins 47 losses and now I'm at like 30-40 wins at around 20 losses. I'm also got a zero for my score and around 18,000 in rank despite having more victories then most of my friends and less losses too.[/QUOTE]

Yup.

I hope capcom, or should I say CRAPCOM fixes this glitch. I want all of my victories there. And I don't want to have a rating number of zero when I been in about 200 ranked matches. I want my Bruisin Balrog to be given the respect he deserves!

[quote name='Knoxximus']Headset: If you realllllllly want me too....I prefer not to talk smack tho.[/QUOTE]

There's not really much smack talking based on my experiences with CAGs in this game. If there is, it's something small and never offensive. I put "yes" to headset but I can change it if you would like.

All PSN IDs are updated to this point. PM/post here if I forgot your name.

I couldn't get my credit card to work for PSN so I bought HD remix for the 360 and I'm too cheap to renew my gold membership so I probably won't be able to fight against other CAGs :whistle2:(

I suck at this game. Anyone got any tips for using DS3? I cant seem to do a lot of moves with it.
I much prefer arcade style joystick but dont have one yet.

[quote name='Ivanhoe']I miss the SNES controller for my SF II moves
:whistle2:([/quote]

That thing was stiff as shit. How could people tolerate that when the superior six button genesis pad was out?

yup this game is bug city.

I really wanna check out my friends scoreboard, but all I get is a frozen PS3 :cry:

my rank hella dropped... I'm like rank 475 now... 225-97 or something like that.

[quote name='js1']I have the ps2 SF pads, do you guys know if the ps2 to ps3 adapters will work with this game?[/QUOTE]

All PS2--->PS3 Adapters work for SFHD (and most/all PS2/PS3 fighting games)

Though depending on which one you have you will experience input lag.

I'm really terrible at this game and I've been having really bad network problems the past few days. From horrible lag to fights where I could only see myself and the health bars to it telling me I'd been disconnected from the psn when it tries to load the actual fight after char select.

Lexian/Peekay53
Headset: No

I don't remember being that bad at this game back in the day, but I'm getting owned everytime I play online. =0

Last edited by a moderator:
Geez...I hate accidentally moving into my Friends Scoreboard list and locking up the game. They need to fix that asap!

Anyways, I might consider adding a scoreboard section in the OP for the Top 20 players or something. That is, only after they fix that game-locking bug. :roll:

Well, my rating will forever stay at zero due to the glitch that messed it up. Even when I finally got it back to where I have more wins than loses after that glitch, it's still zero.

[quote name='asianxcore']All PS2--->PS3 Adapters work for SFHD (and most/all PS2/PS3 fighting games)

Though depending on which one you have you will experience input lag.[/QUOTE]

Any adapters you recommend?

bread's done
Back