Super Street Fighter IV - Arcade Edition DLC Out Now & Retail Disc Out Now!

from - http://shoryuken.com/f315/ssf4-ae-9-11-loctest-250752/index2.html#post9487559

Originally Posted by Azrael Don't have much time.

Yun:
U1 You Hou, U2 Sorai Rengeki. Super is Genei Jin
U1 is 4-hit, last hit is a launcher. If the first hit connects cleanly, will go into animation. If not, Yun does the other attacks anyway. Very similar to Makoto's U2. Can follow up U1 with Zesshou (lunge punch), or GJ combos. Only if GJ is activated before U1. I tried to activate afterwards, could not get anything to connect in time. Short range, does not hit on any FADC'd moved.

U2 is a punch rush, if the final hit connects cleanly Yun goes into animation where he rides the opponent in the air like a skateboard, then kicks them down to the ground. Similar to Fei Long's U1. Does not combo from any FADC's. Short range.

Genei Jin - shadows, cancel recovery on all moves, everything juggles. Was able to get 40-50% off GJ combos mid-screen, 50-60% in the corner. Can be super-cancelled off Tetsu Zankou (shoulder check).

Kobokushi (palm move) - Jab is a fake, Strong/Fierce change the distance at which the opponent flies away. EX Nishou Kyaku (up kicks) will probably be good anti-air. Ultras do not combo off MK launcher.

Yang:
U1 Raishin Mahhaken, U2 Tenshin Senkyuu, Super Seiei Enbu

U1 Yang throws out a single attack - if it connects cleanly, animation follows. If not, the ultra ends there - similar to Makoto's U1. Animation is sort of like Gen/Guy's, but with Yang style. Close range.

U2 Yang rolls forward and goes up in the air with his rising kick. If Yang connects cleanly on the ground with the roll portion, animation kicks in. If not, Yun goes up in the air with kicks - looks like Yun's Nishou Kyaku. U2 will pass under fireballs. Seems to have some tracking properties - if U2 started while opponent is in the air, Yang will rise up with kicks where the opponent is for non-animation damage. Combos off FADC/MK Launcher for non-animation damage.

SE - Works similar to 3S. Doesn't seem nearly as useful as Yun's GJ of course.

Ryu, Akuma:
If tatsu done in air at or before jump arc peak, becomes floaty and goes nowhere. Can no longer escape corner with air tatsu. Crossup tatsu still works.

Ken:
EX Tatsu can be blocked low. More recovery on jab SRK. Can follow up jab SRK AA with EX Hadouken, just like Ryu.

Chun:
No apparent changes noticed, except sweep doesn't seem to deal as much stun.

Guile:
Damage down, Sonic Boom does not build super meter.

Honda:
Damage down, U2 now HCBx2 motion. May be harder to combo into Hundred Hands.

Bison:
U2 now charge motion, way more recovery

Zangief:
Range on U2 increased, recovery also increased. EX Green Hand doesn't knock down.

Seth:
Dhalsim J.FP gone.

Cammy:
Normals easier to combo, but tiger-knee Canon Strike no longer possible. Can still Canon Strike normally, EX can still be tiger-kneed.

Makoto:
EX Hayate armor break, slightly faster walk speed, axe kicks more like 3S.

Dudley:
EX Ducking added - no armor. Moves the same distance as RH Ducking but recovers almost instantly. Crouch roundhouse different - faster? Not sure how but it is definitely different. J.RH knocks down air to air.

Blanka:
Blocked Blanka Ball now recoils at half the distance, much easier to punish.

I dunno if this guy was trolling or telling the truth...some things seem good like ryu/akuma air tatsu escapes...but guile not building meter on booms? no more tk cannon strike? herm....

excited for yun, not so much for yang.

A lot of those seem like horrible arbitrary changes or just bullshit. Sonic boom doesn't build meter? That's just fucking stupid. Who came up with this crap? So every special move builds meter except for Sonic Boom? It doesn't even make logical sense.

And that's just one of many horrible choices. Ken's jab SRK now has more recovery? The one stronger shoto special he has over the others? fuck that. And his EX Tatsu can be blocked low now (I'm assuming air EX Tatsu?) Dumb dumb dumb. Oh, they gave him an EX Hadouken that can combo off a jab SRK! How marvelously worthless! It's as if they're trying to make him like Dan.

Cammy no longer has her insta-Cannon Spike? If it was such an issue, why wouldn't they take it out before Super was even released?

The only good changes out of any of those are Blanka's and Makoto's. The others are a complete disaster. I hope this turns out the be loke testing that results in NONE of these changes making it to the actual update. Why the hell are they even balancing the game? The game hasn't been out long enough to even determine how to balance the characters. Even if they use the data that's currently available, the game itself is pretty balanced aside from Makoto's and Gen's suckitude. It's like they're making changes for the sake of making changes.

EDIT: I love the tags for that thread:
bawwwwwwww
exaggerated reactions
ono is a fuckin troll
poison will still be in
pool of tears
profound sadness
sakura for bottom tier
ssf4: saikyo edition
suicide hotline

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm wondering if the final decision with Guile will be that SB only builds meter on hit or just doesn't build as much meter. I mean he can build meter pretty quickly right now.

Ken's jab SRK seems like a pretty big loss. It's almost always had pretty quick recovery in just about every game. I wonder how much of an impact that will have in match play.

The Blanka change is actually WORSE, because it's even more punishable on block. I mean it was super easy to punish that with a straight rush as it is. I know some characters had a harder time punishing them, but I doubt it any more.

It seems like Vega, Makoto, Guy, Cody, & Hakan all got some nice buffs. Guy was pretty fun to begin with, so I'll curious to see how he plays out with some of those changes.

Looks like Balrog is unchanged once again - aside from an easier to do Ultra 2 :bouncy:.

[quote name='naiku']from - http://shoryuken.com/f315/ssf4-ae-9-11-loctest-250752/index2.html#post9487559

Originally Posted by Azrael Don't have much time.

Yun:
U1 You Hou, U2 Sorai Rengeki. Super is Genei Jin
U1 is 4-hit, last hit is a launcher. If the first hit connects cleanly, will go into animation. If not, Yun does the other attacks anyway. Very similar to Makoto's U2. Can follow up U1 with Zesshou (lunge punch), or GJ combos. Only if GJ is activated before U1. I tried to activate afterwards, could not get anything to connect in time. Short range, does not hit on any FADC'd moved.

U2 is a punch rush, if the final hit connects cleanly Yun goes into animation where he rides the opponent in the air like a skateboard, then kicks them down to the ground. Similar to Fei Long's U1. Does not combo from any FADC's. Short range.

Genei Jin - shadows, cancel recovery on all moves, everything juggles. Was able to get 40-50% off GJ combos mid-screen, 50-60% in the corner. Can be super-cancelled off Tetsu Zankou (shoulder check).

Kobokushi (palm move) - Jab is a fake, Strong/Fierce change the distance at which the opponent flies away. EX Nishou Kyaku (up kicks) will probably be good anti-air. Ultras do not combo off MK launcher.

Yang:
U1 Raishin Mahhaken, U2 Tenshin Senkyuu, Super Seiei Enbu

U1 Yang throws out a single attack - if it connects cleanly, animation follows. If not, the ultra ends there - similar to Makoto's U1. Animation is sort of like Gen/Guy's, but with Yang style. Close range.

U2 Yang rolls forward and goes up in the air with his rising kick. If Yang connects cleanly on the ground with the roll portion, animation kicks in. If not, Yun goes up in the air with kicks - looks like Yun's Nishou Kyaku. U2 will pass under fireballs. Seems to have some tracking properties - if U2 started while opponent is in the air, Yang will rise up with kicks where the opponent is for non-animation damage. Combos off FADC/MK Launcher for non-animation damage.

SE - Works similar to 3S. Doesn't seem nearly as useful as Yun's GJ of course.

Ryu, Akuma:
If tatsu done in air at or before jump arc peak, becomes floaty and goes nowhere. Can no longer escape corner with air tatsu. Crossup tatsu still works.

Ken:
EX Tatsu can be blocked low. More recovery on jab SRK. Can follow up jab SRK AA with EX Hadouken, just like Ryu.

Chun:
No apparent changes noticed, except sweep doesn't seem to deal as much stun.

Guile:
Damage down, Sonic Boom does not build super meter.

Honda:
Damage down, U2 now HCBx2 motion. May be harder to combo into Hundred Hands.

Bison:
U2 now charge motion, way more recovery

Zangief:
Range on U2 increased, recovery also increased. EX Green Hand doesn't knock down.

Seth:
Dhalsim J.FP gone.

Cammy:
Normals easier to combo, but tiger-knee Canon Strike no longer possible. Can still Canon Strike normally, EX can still be tiger-kneed.

Makoto:
EX Hayate armor break, slightly faster walk speed, axe kicks more like 3S.

Dudley:
EX Ducking added - no armor. Moves the same distance as RH Ducking but recovers almost instantly. Crouch roundhouse different - faster? Not sure how but it is definitely different. J.RH knocks down air to air.

Blanka:
Blocked Blanka Ball now recoils at half the distance, much easier to punish.

I dunno if this guy was trolling or telling the truth...some things seem good like ryu/akuma air tatsu escapes...but guile not building meter on booms? no more tk cannon strike? herm....

excited for yun, not so much for yang.[/QUOTE]

I used to post on SRK for years (5+) before I lost interest and eventually migrated here so believe me when I say you can trust anything that comes of Azrael's mouth as the barebone irrefutable truth. I have much respect for that man. [Pause]

[quote name='MtlTom']I'm wondering if the final decision with Guile will be that SB only builds meter on hit or just doesn't build as much meter. I mean he can build meter pretty quickly right now.

Ken's jab SRK seems like a pretty big loss. It's almost always had pretty quick recovery in just about every game. I wonder how much of an impact that will have in match play.

The Blanka change is actually WORSE, because it's even more punishable on block. I mean it was super easy to punish that with a straight rush as it is. I know some characters had a harder time punishing them, but I doubt it any more.

It seems like Vega, Makoto, Guy, Cody, & Hakan all got some nice buffs. Guy was pretty fun to begin with, so I'll curious to see how he plays out with some of those changes.

Looks like Balrog is unchanged once again - aside from an easier to do Ultra 2 :bouncy:.[/QUOTE]

That's what I figured when I read the Guile comment. Not building meter on Sonic Boom is a huge cripple, and doesn't make much sense in the context of the game (every single other special move builds meter on execution). That meter's pretty important for EX-sonic booms and Flash Kick FADCs.

I messaged bs000 and I agree with him that I wouldn't have an issue with the jab-srk extended recovery if they extend EVERY shoto's recovery. Unfortunately, they didn't list that as a change, so it will remain an incredibly stupid decision in my mind.

Blanka's change made him worse, but I don't really mind it at all (could be my bias against Blanka). Blanka's ball is safe on block for several characters if they don't have meter (Ken's one of them). You don't have to space it or anything. I don't think it's a fantastic decision, but it's one worth checking out to see how it effects gameplay.

How come everyone that loses to me sends me a really awful xbox live message...I wonder how bad it gets for people better than me...I'm only a low B rank. Maybe I just don't play enough on LIVE to know...lol.

[quote name='bs000']Shit my pants this better be DLC cause I want it so hard

Also, New costumes. Not that anyone here besides me has bought all the alts D:

[/QUOTE]
Yun & Yang both look pretty awesome. In a few of the vids floating around Yun looks like he's going to be a force to be reckoned with. Is it just me or does he sound like Mario from Mario 64?

I still need to get the SSF4 alts eventually. I'm stoked about wearing this alt all the time when it hits....

15_altcostume04.jpg

[quote name='Matt Young']I haven't played this game since May 27th.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the update.

[quote name='jkam']How come everyone that loses to me sends me a really awful xbox live message...I wonder how bad it gets for people better than me...I'm only a low B rank. Maybe I just don't play enough on LIVE to know...lol.[/QUOTE]
I've gotten several bad reviews and complaints accusing me of trash talking (my Xbox Live chat settings are on private) and quitting early (when I'm the one having to deal with the rage quitters). Thanks to rage quitters, I finally got my Tenpeat achievement (winning ten ranked matches in a row) after almost five months of playing the game. Funny thing is that I have the same BP and PP on PS3, and it took me like 3 hours to get the same trophy, plus the people are nicer and more competitive on PSN, or at least that was my impression during this weekend.

As far as changes to the Arcade Edition, I guess we all have to adapt and learn the game again. I'm kinda pissed because of all the Blanka and E.Honda nerfing, but whatever.

[quote name='xlaxparkax']plus the people are nicer and more competitive on PSN, or at least that was my impression during this weekend.[/QUOTE]

For the most part, the biggest scumbags on earth play on 360. There is a much better crowd on the PS3.

[quote name='blitz6speed']For the most part, the biggest scumbags on earth play on 360. There is a much better crowd on the PS3.[/QUOTE]

I'd say there is rage on all fronts. Seem to be taking alot of flak on SFIV pc lately.

I'm suprised bs hasn't posted this.

The official Super Street Fighter 4 blog just posted some information on the release dates for the new costume packs. It is unknown if this schedule is for all regions, but chances are good that it is. The fact that Yun and Yang are missing from this schedule is either a care omission by Capcom or a bad sign for us. Check below the break for some new screenshots of the outfits in game.

10/26/10 $4/320Microsoft Points - Hakan, Makoto, Guy, Dudley, DeeJay
11/02/10 $4/320Microsoft Points - Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Gouken, Dan
11/16/10 $4/320Microsoft Points - Chun-Li, C. Viper, Sakura, Rose, Cammy
12/21/10 $4/320Microsoft Points - Juri, Ibuki, Cody, Adon, T.Hawk
01/18/11 $4/320Microsoft Points - Zangief, E.Honda, Rufus, Abel, El Fuerte
02/15/11 $4/320Microsoft Points - Vega, Sagat, Balrog, Bison, Seth
03/15/11 $4/320Microsoft Points - Guile, Blanka, Dhalsim, Fei Long, Gen
04/26/11 $18/1,440Microsoft Points - All Characters

http://shoryuken.com/content/release-dates-2nd-set-super-street-fighter-4-alternate-outfits-1972/

I know i would buy the overpriced costumes today(bundle)...but will i care in fucking april. capcom would have my money today...but nope. lets try to milk the individual packages. so lame.

tbh im curious if we are gonna see Yun/Yang before april...i doubt it :/

He's trying to tech standing in the middle of my blockstring and instead of a counterhit he fucking throws me out of my blockstring. lullzzz. I am filled with so much lulllllz

[quote name='bs000']I waited so long to show you my Juicebox replays and then you didn't even stay to watch them all. Now I am sad :([/QUOTE]
I watched the 2, but I was limited on time so I wanted to start playing matches. Sorry :cry:. They were fun to watch though! I am sorely in need of practice.

[quote name='bs000']He's trying to tech standing in the middle of my blockstring and instead of a counterhit he fucking throws me out of my blockstring. lullzzz. I am filled with so much lulllllz[/QUOTE]
Who did this?

[quote name='bs000']He's trying to tech standing in the middle of my blockstring and instead of a counterhit he fucking throws me out of my blockstring. lullzzz. I am filled with so much lulllllz[/QUOTE]

Ah, the patented lagthrow.

Damn, Andre/Daigo was a tight match.

I guess everyone is going to be playing Bison now....

EDIT: 120+ people in the Bison forum on SRK right after the win. Lulz

Hey, I realize this isn't the right place for this, but I thought I'd throw this out in case you are or know somebody who'd be interested...

I'm looking to sell my setup as a bundle, which includes:
iconxbox360.gif
Mad Catz Tournament Edition FightStick (Original Street Fighter IV Artwork)
iconxbox360.gif
Super Street Fighter IV
iconxbox360.gif
BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger - Limited Edition
iconxbox360.gif
Soul Calibur IV
iconxbox360.gif
Tekken 6

I was thinking $150 for the lot. PM if interested. (& I'm sorry for busting the flow of the thread :D)

So it's been a while since we've had a big CAG Fight Night. I'm sure the CAG player base has been thinned since launch, but I know there are still quite a few people that play regularly.

Let's try to get one going next Wednesday 10/27 9PM EST. Anyone is welcome to join, just be on the CAG Fighter IV gamertag.

You know I'm always down for some games, MtlTom. Hopefully some new people will be interested with all the recent price drops.

I just picked up the SSFIV strategy guide for a penny at BestBuy, so prepare to see some pro level, S-rankness coming out. ;)

[quote name='GuardianE']You know I'm always down for some games, MtlTom. Hopefully some new people will be interested with all the recent price drops.

I just picked up the SSFIV strategy guide for a penny at BestBuy, so prepare to see some pro level, S-rankness coming out. ;)[/QUOTE]

Can you get me one? I'll mail you a Canadian penny for it.

[quote name='bs000']Can I play too?[/QUOTE]
Of course, it wouldn't be a CAG night without you.

[quote name='GuardianE']
I just picked up the SSFIV strategy guide for a penny at BestBuy, so prepare to see some pro level, S-rankness coming out. ;)[/QUOTE]
I don't know if they fixed it for Super, but I remember hearing that most of the frame data in the original SFIV guide was incorrect. Regardless, a penny is not bad. I should check mine for it, any parfticular place to look?

[quote name='Solder']Can't seem to add via xbox page, but I am always down. Will be online weds. evening.[/QUOTE]
I added you and a few other people back.

[quote name='bs000']Can you get me one? I'll mail you a Canadian penny for it.[/QUOTE]

Do you really want one? I think I have an extra.

[quote name='MtlTom']I don't know if they fixed it for Super, but I remember hearing that most of the frame data in the original SFIV guide was incorrect. Regardless, a penny is not bad. I should check mine for it, any parfticular place to look?[/QUOTE]

Just the guide section. Sooner rather than later, since they're starting to pull the guides. It's a universal price, so if a BestBuy has it in stock, it's a penny regardless of what the sticker says.

[quote name='Digital Idiot']Sent a request to CAG Scrub Club[/QUOTE]

Huh? Why? Why don't all the CAGs just try the regular CAG Fighter tag? The whole point was for all the CAGs to play together on wednesday.

[quote name='GuardianE']Do you really want one? I think I have an extra.

Just the guide section. Sooner rather than later, since they're starting to pull the guides. It's a universal price, so if a BestBuy has it in stock, it's a penny regardless of what the sticker says.[/QUOTE]

If bs doesn't want it, I do! I need all the help I can get.

bread's done
Back