Super Street Fighter IV - Arcade Edition DLC Out Now & Retail Disc Out Now!

[quote name='shinryuu']Like Team Battle, Tournament mode is only fun when you play with friends, not so much when you just join a random one. =p It also has the same long waiting times (10-20 seconds.. I know, but by today's standards, it's long) between games for some reason.[/QUOTE]
Hmmm, interesting. I read that the match is slightly delayed for spectators in order to reduce lag, I wonder if that's what's causing it. Do you know if the tournament organizer can select who fights who in the brackets? If they can I might make random brackets and post them up online.

What's the consensus with everyone? 2/3 rounds or 3/5 for the tournament? We still need 2 more entrants to have a brackets of 8.

[quote name='MtlTom']Hmmm, interesting. I read that the match is slightly delayed for spectators in order to reduce lag, I wonder if that's what's causing it. Do you know if the tournament organizer can select who fights who in the brackets? If they can I might make random brackets and post them up online.

What's the consensus with everyone? 2/3 rounds or 3/5 for the tournament? We still need 2 more entrants to have a brackets of 8.[/QUOTE]

I played a bit last night.

It doesn't look like the host can select who fights whom. It appears to be random, or based on PP. I also didn't notice any significant delay except for the tournament mode screen, which pops up between every match to show progress. That does take a while though.

I could go 2/3 or 3/5. I don't really have a preference.

EDIT: To note, if you're participating in the tournament, make sure to add CAG Fighter IV to your friends list. This is how I was planning on sending invites out.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GuardianE']
EDIT: To note, if you're participating in the tournament, make sure to add CAG Fighter IV to your friends list. This is how I was planning on sending invites out.[/QUOTE]
Yes. I send FR to the people who weren't already on the list.

Just to make it easier we'll split up the brackets based on sign-up with 1/2 going to me & the other 1/2 to Guardian. I put all the names in a random bracket generator. Here's who you'll expect an invite from tonight:

Bracket A (MtlTom)
MtlTom - MtlTom
jonathanp - jposey2
BackInBlack - TooLateForRoses
lolwut? - Velikost
motorkill - DCB vs YOU
Sinfulfate - Sinfulfate
bs000 - bs000
wjhard63 - Shinobi Hanzo

Bracket B (GuardianE)
GuardianE - GuardianE9999
shinryuu - Awwjayzin
ZerotypeX - ZerotypeX
elpolloesstupendo - WeavShow
joe2187 - joe2187
Matt Young - X Matt Young X
DjBigRuss - DjBigRuss

We still need 1 more person for Guardian's bracket. Then we'll have the winners face off. Oh and Guardian if you can keep track of your results that'd be awesome.

Tournament starts at 9PM EST. I'll get on a little bit before to start sending out invites. I guess after the tournament is over we can get an endless or team session going.

[quote name='MtlTom']Yes. I send FR to the people who weren't already on the list.

We still need 1 more person for Guardian's bracket. Then we'll have the winners face off. Oh and Guardian if you can keep track of your results that'd be awesome.

Tournament starts at 9PM EST. I'll get on a little bit before to start sending out invites. I guess after the tournament is over we can get an endless or team session going.[/QUOTE]

If worst comes to worst, we may be able to start the tournament with 7 players and someone gets a by. Of course, I'd rather any CAG join up than have that happen.

I'll keep track of how the bracket progresses. I'll also save replays with that Save Reservation feature. I might be able to post them on Youtube or something if there's enough demand for it.

Afterwards, I'd be up for some Team Battles, or maybe some Blazblue! Depends on how salty I am. :lol:

Probably a stupid question, but we have to play with the same character all throughout the tourney, right?

If anyone wants to play some warm up matches, shoot me a message. Hopefully I don't embarrass myself too bad tonight.

[quote name='lolwut?']Probably a stupid question, but we have to play with the same character all throughout the tourney, right?

If anyone wants to play some warm up matches, shoot me a message. Hopefully I don't embarrass myself too bad tonight.[/QUOTE]

No, I don't think so. You're free to switch around or counterpick as you see fit.

[quote name='ZerotypeX']if we need one more person, my friend would be interested in joining if there is room[/QUOTE]

It kinda depends on awwjayzn. If he can't make it, then we'll need two people. That would kinda skew the brackets, so I'm not sure what people would like to do. Even in the event that we have an even 6 players, I'm not sure how the game would handle it. We could test it out to see, but either two people are getting by's in the preliminaries, or one person would be getting a by in the semi-finals. I might be able to get someone in to sub, myself. I'll check my friends list.

[quote name='GuardianE']No, I don't think so. You're free to switch around or counterpick as you see fit.

It kinda depends on awwjayzn. If he can't make it, then we'll need two people. That would kinda skew the brackets, so I'm not sure what people would like to do. Even in the event that we have an even 6 players, I'm not sure how the game would handle it. We could test it out to see, but either two people are getting by's in the preliminaries, or one person would be getting a by in the semi-finals.[/QUOTE]
It's my understanding you need either 4 or 8 people otherwise it won't let you start the tourney. That might be problematic.

[quote name='MtlTom']It's my understanding you need either 4 or 8 people otherwise it won't let you start the tourney. That might be problematic.[/QUOTE]

No, you can start it. At least, I've seen people start 4 player tourneys with 3 people. One person just gets a free trip to the grand finals.

Good games to MtlTom and lolwut?. I ended up beating lolwut? and lost to MtlTom.

I'm open for random ranked matches until I switch games.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jonathanp']Good games to MtlTom and lolwut?. I ended up beating lolwut? and lost to lolwut?.

I'm open for random ranked matches until I switch games.[/QUOTE]

Lost to MtlTom, lol. Yeah, I got my butt whooped; I didn't know it was only going to be one match :bomb:

[quote name='lolwut?']Lost to MtlTom, lol. Yeah, I got my butt whooped; I didn't know it was only going to be one match :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, let me fix that. I don't know anything about tournament mode. Is there a way to set up to be best out of three matches?

GGs last night to everyone who joined the tourney and some of the endless sessions.

Here's how my bracket went, going by XBL Gamertag:

Preliminary
Sinfulfate (T. Hawk) def. Shinobi Hanzo (Cammy)
bs000 (Ken) def. TooLateForRoses (Ryu) - this was an awesome and extremely close match.
Jposey2 (Cody) def. Velikost (Dan)
MtlTom BYE (this was random, I swear.)

Semi Finals
bs000 (Cammy?) def. Sinfulfate (Guy)
MtlTom (Balrog) def. Jposey2 (Cody)

Grand Finals
bs000 (Rufus) def. MtlTom

Bracket A Winner vs Bracket B Winner
bs000 (Rufus) def. WeavShow (Honda)

--------
[quote name='jonathanp']Yeah, let me fix that. I don't know anything about tournament mode. Is there a way to set up to be best out of three matches?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, you can set the match specs any way you want. I'd asked if anyone had a preference on 2/3 or 3/5 and no one weighed in so I went with 2/3. I think 3/5 does give you a better chance since it's single elim but we'll see for next time...

I do kind of wish it was double elim with a losers bracket, but it's kind of understandable why they didn't.
------
And on a side note, some of you guys ought to get BlazBlue: Continuum Shift when it comes out next month. A few of us played BB:CT last night afterwards and had a blaaaaast.

I also wanted to make a side post in regards to last night's tournament and matches.

I noticed a lot of people went into matches against bs000 and had the "awww man, I'm not going to be able to beat him" attitude. Let me start by saying bs is a great guy and has a lot of skill. I've learned quite a bit playing with him and he forces me to bring my A game every single time. This isn't meant to be offensive to him in any way, but he is by no means unbeatable. He just plays very smart and his execution is on point.

I know jayzin said this in one of the endless sessions we had but if you go into the match with the "I'm gunna lose" attitude, you're going to lose every single time. I watched the replay of our match last night and there were definitely points where I should have capitalized on his mistakes but didn't. At the same time, he made me pay for any mistake I made.

The bottom line is go into the match with the "I can do this" attitude. Don't be afraid to ask what you're doing wrong or how to get around a tactic. Most of the guys playing on CAG Fighter IV are completely willing to help - that's the whole point of this group.

Anyways, GGs last night to everyone.

Here are the results of Bracket B:

Semi Finals

joe2187 (Ibuki) def. ZerotypeX (Rose)
WeavShow (E. Honda) def. GuardianE9999 (Ken)

Grand Finals
WeavShow (E. Honda) def. joe2187 (Cammy)

[quote name='mogera11']Any room for a South Jersey CAG-er who plays a mean Blanka?[/QUOTE]

Already over. :( Maybe we'll do another one in the near future. I'm sure if there are 4-8 CAGs playing at a given time, you could always put together a tourney.

[quote name='PhrostByte']I'm down for a tournament next time ya'll have one.. I work till midnight though.[/QUOTE]

Dude how many hours a week do you work? Or do you just have second shift?

Just second shift.. I have another temporary job which I'm currently not working... also.. I ordered another 1600 pt card so I can get the second COD map pack but it won't be here for another week or so.

[quote name='bs000']I lost my job today.

Now I am sad.

Also kinda salty.

More time for SSF4 then.[/QUOTE]
That sucks man, I'm sorry to hear that :cry:.

But on the bright side you also have more time to go to the library and get a certain other game ;).

PS: I mean to ask the other night, why don't you have a mic on XBL?

Now I am sad.

Also kinda salty.

You should have wakeup shoryuken'd your boss.

That really sucks. Hopefully it wasn't a position you were too attached too. Maybe think of it as an opportunity to go into something else or explore options.

Aaaaand this weekend's stream is DEVASTATION 2010

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/djwheat

Schedule (MST):

Friday
• King of Fighters XII, 10:00 a.m.
• Tekken Tag Tournament, 11:00 a.m.
• Halo 3 CTF (2v2), 12:00 p.m.
• Halo 3 CTF (4v4), after 2v2
• Halo 3 Team Slayer (2v2), after CTF
• Halo 3 Team Slayer (4v4), after 2v2
• Quake Live, 12:00 p.m.
• BlazBlue Calamity Trigger, 1:00 p.m.
• Guilty Gear XX Accent Core, 2:00 p.m.
• Tatsunoko vs Capcom, 3:00 p.m.
• Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix, 4:00 p.m.
• Street Fighter III: Third Strike, 5:00 p.m.
• Killer Instinct, 6:00 p.m.
• Marvel vs Capcom 2 (Low Tier), 7:00 p.m.

Saturday
• SoulCalibur IV, 10:00 a.m.
• Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Singles/Doubles), 11:00 a.m.
• Marvel vs Capcom 2, 11:00 a.m.
• Tekken 6, 12:00 p.m.

• Modern Warfare 2 Team Deathmatch (4v4), 12:00 p.m.
• Modern Warfare 2 Team Search and Destroy (4v4), after Deathmatch
• Modern Warfare 2 Team Domination (4v4), after Search and Destroy
• Madden NFL 10, 1:00 p.m.
• DJ Hero, 1:00 p.m.
• Super Street Fighter IV, 2:00 p.m.
• Guitar Hero 5, 3:00 p.m.

Sunday
• Tournament Finals and Special Events begin at 9:00 a.m.

----------------
This was an awesome stream last year and had some excellent matches.

Oh and.... KILLER INSTINCT GET HYPE! :whee:

Now I am sad.

Also kinda salty.

Sorry, bs. I was in your shoes last Dec. The economy started turning around at the beginning of the year, so I was able to work with a recruiter to get a similar position in 2.5 months with the same salary (signs of recovery to me), so hopefully the economy is turning around in Canada too.

On the brightside, I started/finished KoFXII and a few other games.

Also, get to the library so I can you can witness my scrub Taokaka!

i wish they would make a new KI for xbox

i remember growing up going to the arcades and owning lots of people at it, well except the Asians and one guy with piercings on his lunch break hehe. remember once they had a tournament and i got 2nd place and about 30$. last fight the pricing guy got his main cinder on random while i got TJ :(

I played against djwheat when SF4 pc came out. I must've said something wrong in my msg to him afterwards and I think he blocked me :(

[quote name='MtlTom']That sucks man, I'm sorry to hear that :cry:.

But on the bright side you also have more time to go to the library and get a certain other game ;).

PS: I mean to ask the other night, why don't you have a mic on XBL?[/QUOTE]

I'm a mute it's fun

Hold requested on Blazblue. You are number 1 in line.

I know I posted before, but I don't see it. Anyway, I fell asleep, but it looks like my opponent didn't show anyway, so that worked out. I still need to play soon.

Don't forget about Devastation todaaay. Where the stream chat will consist of nothing but people whining about the games that aren't SSF4 :D

I fell asleep during SC4 and woke up in time for the last SSF4 match of the day. Oh well, top 8 tomorrow.

Someone teach me how to play Guile.

I ttlly just c-ranked him doing that just now right now.

Top 8 today. What time does it start? Also, what time zone am I in and can you convert it for me also too as well?

Haha, I watched that vid on the srk front page, pretty funny. I really HATE playing Guile. You have to work so hard to get close to him its retarded. Especially without range attacks.

Respect.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a website I could go to to get new artwork for a MAS stick that I want to put on it? I don't want just the MAS layout but some cool type of picture that has some Street Fighter people in it. Thanks for any help in advance.

Just a question from someone who just really can't get a grip on this game. I've been playing the hell out of it, and I try different characters, and I do training but does anybody else have the problem of winning like 1 in 20 matches? I mean I really love this game, its fun and it plays excellently, but I feel like I'm the only person who's not a pro at it. If anyone can give me some advice, shed some insight, or would even like to play some endless battle to help me out would be Awesome... Thx.

[quote name='dman1869']Does anyone have any recommendations for a website I could go to to get new artwork for a MAS stick that I want to put on it? I don't want just the MAS layout but some cool type of picture that has some Street Fighter people in it. Thanks for any help in advance.[/QUOTE]

You may wanna try this site out. http://www.fightersgeneration.com/main.htm

bread's done
Back