Super Street Fighter IV - Arcade Edition DLC Out Now & Retail Disc Out Now!

[quote name='GuardianE']Mind games? I just press buttons.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, you might be onto something here. Mash more, think less = S-Rank.

Why does reset > walk under> cr.lk with Sakura give me otoshi instead of cr.lk? I'm holding forward, then going straight to downback. Once I've crossed under, I'm basically just doing back to downback (without ever hitting down or going neutral), cr.lk and somehow that gives me otoshi. That is silly, you are silly SSF4, stop being silly. Next you're going to tell me forward, straight to downforward P is going to give me SRK.

[quote name='bs000']Why does reset > walk under> cr.lk with Sakura give me otoshi instead of cr.lk? I'm holding forward, then going straight to downback. Once I've crossed under, I'm basically just doing back to downback (without ever hitting down or going neutral), cr.lk and somehow that gives me otoshi. That is silly, you are silly SSF4, stop being silly. Next you're going to tell me forward, straight to downforward P is going to give me SRK.[/QUOTE]

I would say that the slightest of tremors caused your hand to move from forward barely into the down-forward direction twice while you crossed under, creating Otoshi. Or maybe Forward->Back->Down Back is some shortcut for DP motion.

Shortcuts are silly.

Hey great matches last night bs000! Now that I finally got some free time I wanna get some matches in so anyone on here please send me a inv. if you see me on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why does meaty cr.lk get beat by throw, when throw has a 3 frame start-up? cr.lk also has a 3 frame startup, so unless he's somehow starting the throw while he's still in the air, then the throw should be hit by the cr.lk. I'm OS teching at the same time too so I should at least be teching the throw. fuck XBLLLLL innn teeeeh azzzzzzz. RAAAAAAEEEEEGGGG!!!!1111shiftelevenoneone

[quote name='PhrostByte']I wonder who's going to be in the arcade version.... Rolento and R. Mika? Hugo? Alex? So many choices...[/QUOTE]

I hope to see R Mika and Skullomania ^_^ even thou I highly doubt Skullomania will make it because of Akira. If not I would like to see Karin from alpha.

PRO: MadCatz replaced my X360 Fightpad for free even though it was over a year old.
CON: They replaced it with a PS3 Fightpad and I don't have a PS3 :cry:

I guess it's a good thing I use a stick!

[quote name='BackInBlack']Phrosty...lmk you know when you buy internets again. I love throwing down, but the Wifi you are on is horrible.[/QUOTE]

how come you mash dp and spd so hard but you dont mash out of dizzy :hot:

[quote name='BackInBlack']What is the point of mashing out of a dizzy?[/QUOTE]

Mashing buttons and moving the stick around allows you to recover faster from dizzy.

[quote name='F1ngers of fury']Mashing buttons and moving the stick around allows you to recover faster from dizzy.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but you are already humiliated. GG.

[quote name='BackInBlack']Phrosty...lmk you know when you buy internets again. I love throwing down, but the Wifi you are on is horrible.[/QUOTE]

LOL. Yea.. about that... sorry. I'll get my own internets soon. :]

182181-DTOID.jpg

and that cheap chr guile burns up in the lava, win win!

ohh was moving and net has been down a week, moving was easy but a week without internet sucks lol.

also fed ex said they couldnt find my address for my te stick but yet the letter gets to me just fine. going to see if i can call their CS line tomorrow and i'll just pick the sucker up.
really wanted that stick hoping mainly the buttons are really responsive so i can do some less mashing lol.

[quote name='Kevfactor']and that cheap chr guile burns up in the lava, win win!

ohh was moving and net has been down a week, moving was easy but a week without internet sucks lol.

also fed ex said they couldnt find my address for my te stick but yet the letter gets to me just fine. going to see if i can call their CS line tomorrow and i'll just pick the sucker up.
really wanted that stick hoping mainly the buttons are really responsive so i can do some less mashing lol.[/QUOTE]

Hey kev, I had a T.E stick and let me tell you the buttons are very responsive! I was just resting my fingers on the buttons and they would go off sometimes. Are you switching from a controller to a stick with no experience?

GGs last night to the usual suspects.

On a side note, I'm taking suggestions on picking up a new character. I probably won't drop Balrog, but I'm kind of sick of him.

i been working on juri. i really suck at her but she's like dan and just really fun to play. :)

also sadly i've picked up blanka. just love his tricks and the hate mail hehe.

[quote name='MtlTom']PRO: MadCatz replaced my X360 Fightpad for free even though it was over a year old.
CON: They replaced it with a PS3 Fightpad and I don't have a PS3 :cry:

I guess it's a good thing I use a stick![/QUOTE]

Just wondering how was the 360 Fightpad faulty? I just bought another one with Ryu on it so I'm thinking it's a first batch and the top left bumper is kind of wonky...was wondering if they would give me a different one.

[quote name='jkam']Just wondering how was the 360 Fightpad faulty? I just bought another one with Ryu on it so I'm thinking it's a first batch and the top left bumper is kind of wonky...was wondering if they would give me a different one.[/QUOTE]
Mine was completely dead. There wouldn't be any lights when I plugged it in. Button wise everything was fine.

[quote name='MtlTom']I'm sick of Balrog and want to learn Abel - where do I start? Or is there another character you think might fit my playstyle better?
[/QUOTE]

forward kick xx dash > st.hp xx change of direction > fadc > cr.hp xx roll > hp falling sky

roll > hp falling sky doesnt work on everyone. youll have to use mp falling sky for less damage, or skip the roll and cancel cr.hp straight into hp falling sky. rolling just helps you build more meter

if you dont have meter, finish change of direction

ultra 1 after cr.hp if you have meter

mix up with tornado throw after forward kick. jab reset and roll under after cr.hp for more mix up shenanangians

dont be liek all the xbl abels that just roll and throw. i will srk that shit all day

lp super goes through hits, mp super goes through throws, hp super goes through projectiles

crossup with j.mk into his bnb (cr.mp/st.fp xx change of direction > fadc > cr.hp xx roll > falling sky

cr.lp links into st.fp for hit confirm into bnb

best punish is st.fp cancel first hit into ex wheel kick but i dont know if it works on everyone

[quote name='MtlTom'] Does anyone know what the option select is for Balrog against Akuma's teleport?

[/QUOTE]

Hold down kicks for turn punch, jump in with j.hp and let go of the kicks during the j.hp. If he doesn't teleport, the punch hits or is blocked, then turn punch won't come out and you can continue with hit confirm combo or block string. If he teleports, j.hp will whiff and the turn punch will come out and hit Akuma.

I'm sure you could've found all the above on srk.com. But I wanted to look smart, and I wanted you to liek me.

nah people on srk are brutal lol. i was offsf for like a week due to moving and posted something without thinking on the newb section and i get pms and replys like wow, newb and thats why you practice in the training mode for 8 hours a day hehe.

[quote name='bs000']
Hold down kicks for turn punch, jump in with j.hp and let go of the kicks during the j.hp. If he doesn't teleport, the punch hits or is blocked, then turn punch won't come out and you can continue with hit confirm combo or block string. If he teleports, j.hp will whiff and the turn punch will come out and hit Akuma.
[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I looked up that OS after we finished playing the other night. I think I was trying to do the safejump backdash punish OS and either it didn't work or I was missing it. Totally blanked on the TAP option.

Thanks for the Abel tips, that should give me a good starting point. Some of it I knew, some I didn't. I tried playing him a really long time ago in Vanilla, but my execution was awful then.

[quote name='GuardianE']You can do non-ex version too can't you?[/QUOTE]

No, it has to be ex tatsu.

[quote name='Morphx2']im glad i dont play this anymore :)[/QUOTE]

Good, who wants to play with you anyway :cry:

[quote name='Morphx2']im glad i dont play this anymore :)[/QUOTE]

That makes two of us glad you don't play this game anymore. :whistle2:#

[quote name='bs000']No, it has to be ex tatsu.[/QUOTE]

I cannot even troll correctly anymore. I have brought shame to my family.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it just me or is Ryu kind of cheap fighter in arcade mode?
I have been trying to get the achievement for beating arcade mode with every character and every single time I play against Ryu he seems like a cheap character. The AI seems to always know what I am going to do next. I can beat every other character easily but Ryu always gives me more trouble than I feel he should in Medium difficulty.

Don't jump in on AI shotos. They will SRK that shit every time. EVERY TIME! :bomb: The AI knows what you're doing as soon as you do it. Best thing you can do is block, wait for them to do something unsafe and punish it hard. Or switch to Gief when you lose, lariat, and switch back to whatever char you're trying to beat arcade mode with at the rival battle.

[quote name='bs000']http://shoryuken.com/content/yun-yang-arcade-super-street-fighter-4-rumor-confirmation-1579/

Yun and Yang in SSF4 arcade. Hopefully DLC for consoles. Expect to see severely nerfed Genei-Jin combos :D[/QUOTE]
Great, just what we need - more characters with dive kicks :roll:.

No but seriously, I wonder if Genei-Jin is going to be a Super (like Makoto) or Ultra (like Juri)? I have a feeling they'll make it a Super so you can stack it with whatever his Ultra may be. Either way, I don't think it's going to be as dominate as in 3rd Strike.

[quote name='bs000']Guard Crush 7 and Wednesday Night Fights both start in a few hours.[/QUOTE]
Why would you watch streams on Wednesday when you can play with us :cry:.

Maybe they'll keep Genei-Jin the way it was liek in 3S, since you can't whiff normals to build meter in SSF4 and can't activate liek 4 times a round liek in 3S.

[quote name='bs000']lol some guy accused me of gamesaving because I have 1k in all three SF4's. I won't mention any names, but if I were the type of guy to name-drop someone like that, I would totally do it right now.

sfmoron.png
[/QUOTE]

Admit your hax, fiend. Imma report your lag switching.

I still don't get his logic. Even if you had the Japanese version of SFIV, how does he interpret that as gamesaving? Why couldn't you just, you know, play it?

bread's done
Back