Superbowl XLI Thread

[quote name='gameguy22006']I bet the FCC is thrilled that Fox showed a chick with a "fuck the Eagles" shirt.[/quote]

I wonder if anyone TiVo'd that? :lol:

I missed it.

The Saints deserved this one. Awesome game. :applause:

The Eagles had a pretty good run, considering everyone thought they were done when Donovan went down. Not going to make the off-season any easier, but oh well. Philly's used to this.

So far, only one "upset", if you can even call it that, in the post season. I am quite surprised that the Colts have put it together and won 2 straight games. Though I think it will definitely end next week....if they get the Chargers. If they get the Patriots, it'll be a little easier on them, especially in the Dome.

With that said, go Chargers, I don't want the Colts faithful to get too excited going into the game next week. (that is to say, the bandwagon Colts fans, that will say they are terrible if/when they lose)

[quote name='jPoD']Which game was an upset?[/quote]

The Colts, thats why I said "upset". Everyone had Baltimore winning it, but after all it was a 3/4 match up.

[quote name='craven_fiend']The Colts, thats why I said "upset". Everyone had Baltimore winning it, but after all it was a 3/4 match up.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know. Peyton cant win blah blah blah. No. IMO it was VERY evenly matched.

I want the Chargers to win, no matter what. For a few reasons:
  • An eventual Rivers v Brees showdown would make for great story
  • LT deserves it. What a damn fine player.
  • The upsurge in the Colts defense would make a great matchup versus the Chargers
  • I'm plain sick and tired of hearing what a golden god Tom Brady is.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']I want the Chargers to win, no matter what. For a few reasons:
  • An eventual Rivers v Brees showdown would make for great story
  • LT deserves it. What a damn fine player.
  • The upsurge in the Colts defense would make a great matchup versus the Chargers
  • I'm plain sick and tired of hearing what a golden god Tom Brady is.
[/quote]
good points. here's mine

to paaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrtttttttttttttttttyyyy!

Woo hoo, bears win. I kinda indifferent to who I wanted to win, cuz Saints woulda been playing on home turf against the Seahawks. It was nice finish to the game though, the kicker made that look pretty ;)

Being a Steelers fan, I dont LIKE the Patriots, but I sure as hell respect them

I think the old Browns were idiots for letting Bill Belichick go years ago when the team was having all that turmoil about moving to Baltimore, he was a hell of a coach then... I dont see the colts beating them next week, another famous choker "Manning" will lay an egg next week, they have had the Pats number the last couple times in the regular season, but when it counts...

[quote name='zman73']Being a Steelers fan, I dont LIKE the Patriots, but I sure as hell respect them

I think the old Browns were idiots for letting Bill Belichick go years ago when the team was having all that turmoil about moving to Baltimore, he was a hell of a coach then... I dont see the colts beating them next week, another famous choker "Manning" will lay an egg next week, they have had the Pats number the last couple times in the regular season, but when it counts...[/quote]

The thing is, and I hate saying this, since I am not a big fan of the Colts, they've always played at Fox Borrow/Gillette in the playoffs, this time its in Indy.

Omg I feel like I have been through the wringer what a great win. Our defense deserves the gameball the offense left them on short field all day but they held the vaunted bolts offense to just 21 points.

yeah LT kicks ass for not goign to shake anyones hand...i wouldnt he didnt like the way the patrioits jumped all over the field...

but its all good, im a saints fan so go saints!

[quote name='craven_fiend']The thing is, and I hate saying this, since I am not a big fan of the Colts, they've always played at Fox Borrow/Gillette in the playoffs, this time its in Indy.[/QUOTE]

It didnt matter the TWO times they broke my heart by beating the Steelers in Pittsburgh

... and has there EVER been a worse big game/playoffs coach than Marty Schottenheimer (sp?) ... everywhere he goes, seems to do very well in the regular season , but playoffs is another story

Sweet and sour for me. It sucks to have two of your fav. teams play against eachother. Especially when your favorite player plays his heart out only to lose. All I can say is go Pats! Win the fuckin Super Bowl.

[quote name='2Fast']Did anyone see that whole thing with LT after the game?[/quote]what happened? I dozed of during the last drive of the chargers.

I am hoping for a Colts/ Saints superbowl.... not the most glamorous sounding game but my nephew is a Colts fan, how can non bears fans root against a city that has been through what New Orleans has been through

I'm wondering if this is Marty's last stand in San Diego. The GM didn't like him to begin with and you have to wonder how the fans are going to react after this game. Not to mention I don't think I've seen any head coach in this league without a headset for much of the game; is he just a spectator on the sideline?

[quote name='ValkyrieVF-1S']Finally, Pats at Indy this time... Colts better win next week, by a Vinatieri fg![/quote]

If the Superbowl is Bears/Pats, I am not going to watch it. I swear to God, I don't want to see either of those teams in the Superbowl, let alone both of them.

[quote name='DT778']what happened? I dozed of during the last drive of the chargers.[/quote]

He tried to run off the field but a couple of Patriots players grabbed him and circled him. They were jawing back and forth about something; LT seemed pretty pissed. Not sure if it was just him being a poor sport or what.

Well, the only two teams left in the AFC I can't stand at all. I'm not a Bears fan either. I guess New Orleans will be getting my support for the rest of the way.

[quote name='Tyga24']I'm wondering if this is Marty's last stand in San Diego. The GM didn't like him to begin with and you have to wonder how the fans are going to react after this game. Not to mention I don't think I've seen any head coach in this league without a headset for much of the game; is he just a spectator on the sideline?[/quote]

Apparently he just makes the decisions, but is uninvolved in offensive and defensive calls.

The Chargers should have tried a quick pass towards the sideline with 8 seconds left to get in better range.

Ok, first off wtf was up with LT crying like a bitch after the game? Grow up.....

Also I respect the Saints but the Saints will be playing in our house and not only do the Saints play in a dome but they also play in a lot warmer weather than Chicago does....

I don't think the Saints are going to be much of a threat seeing as the Saints aren't even flying into Chicago until Saturday night....not sure why the coachs would do that since they are not going to be used to the cold weather.

Oh yeah and btw if the Saints do some how beat us, I will be rooting for the Saints in the Superbowl :)

[quote name='2Fast']He tried to run off the field but a couple of Patriots players grabbed him and circled him. They were jawing back and forth about something; LT seemed pretty pissed. Not sure if it was just him being a poor sport or what.[/quote]whack.

Actually, now that I think about it, I doubt I'll watch the Super Bowl at all considering that either New England or Indy will be in it. My hate for New England and Peyton Manning is that strong.

bread's done
Back