"Surprise Sony Sequel" going to be announced on Gametrailers TV (Thursday)

Because of David Jaffe's comment earlier this year, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if it was a new Twisted Metal. Also saw this list of IPs Sony owns. A new Wild Arms would make me happy.

[quote name='Nirron']Because of David Jaffe's comment earlier this year, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if it was a new Twisted Metal. Also saw this list of IPs Sony owns. A new Wild Arms would make me happy.[/QUOTE]
That too. I know he was working on a game for the last few years, but never bothered to show it.

[quote name='FroMann']Crash Bandicoot 4 confirmed...[/QUOTE]

That would make my day truely. I love what Capcom has done with Mega Man and Konami has done with Contra and Castlevania. Returning old school games with their original formula has been great for us. SEGA looks like the have a gem in Sonic 4 so bring on Bandicoot 4!!!

Infamous 2, Twisted Metal PS3, StarHawk are all good guesses... none of those qualify as a surprise in my book though... who knows.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Zone of the Enders 3 please.[/QUOTE]

no way - it's going to be a game someone gives a damn about.

I suspect it's going to be Twisted Metal. Prior hints mentioned above, plus a bit of a way to steal the thunder from the TM-style game coming to XBLA in a few weeks.

[quote name='Saint Noir']Infamous 2, Twisted Metal PS3, StarHawk are all good guesses... none of those qualify as a surprise in my book though... who knows.[/QUOTE]

This is what I was thinking. What qualifies a "surprise"? I feel it is either a sequel to a game that just came out, (surprise because we were not expecting a sequel announcement so soon), or a game series that has been dead for a while.

Sly Cooper 4. Make it happen (or even a spin off containing small sections of each member in his family that we saw it the vault). Infamous sucks.

Genji 3 or Folklore 2!

If it really is Twisted Metal, somebody at GameTrailers needs to be fired for hyping it up as a surprise.

Edit: Some of you have no concept of what Sony does or doesn't make:
[quote name='Josh5890']No love for Suikoden 6 huh?[/QUOTE]
[quote name='venturin']Please let it be Ring of Red!

Oh wait, nobody loved that game except me....[/QUOTE]
[quote name='panzerfaust']Zone of the Enders 3 please.

I love MGS but it's becoming stale.[/QUOTE]
Konami.
[quote name='FroMann']Crash Bandicoot 4 confirmed...[/QUOTE]
Activision.
[quote name='Vinny']Ideally, I'd love a FFVI Remake (yes, VI, not VII though that would be cool too)... or Kingdom Hearts III.[/QUOTE]
Square Enix.
[quote name='LakersForLife82481']Im guessing, going out on the limb, but i hope it is since i loved the first game game....

Star Wars Battlefront 2[/QUOTE]
LucasArts.
[quote name='200STM']Its going to be HOME II or GEX 4 Awesome[/QUOTE]
I think Crystal Dynamics might own this, so it defaults to being a Square Enix property now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking Twisted Metal or something current that everyone already knows will have a sequal, like Infamous 2 or something

But Colony Wars would be awesome :p

What could be a surprise? Stuff like Killzone 3, Infamous 2, Motorstorm 3, etc. all seem too expected to be called a surprise.:whistle2:k

I think Twisted Metal seems like the most logical choice... and David Jaffe has been quiet for a while.

Ideally, I'd love a FFVI Remake (yes, VI, not VII though that would be cool too)... or Kingdom Hearts III.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Zone of the Enders 3 please.

I love MGS but it's becoming stale.[/QUOTE]

This is the ONLY game mentioned I would actually buy

that kiddy shit should stay on the Wii

OH how bout everyone's beloved Littlebigplanet sequel! :D. I love that game!

Thursday when i get home from school is gonna be pretty awesome though!

I thought LBP made new super mario look terrible. It would only be new sack boy poops and new levels. Not really that interesting methinks

[quote name='LakersForLife82481']OH how bout everyone's beloved Littlebigplanet sequel! :D. I love that game!

Thursday when i get home from school is gonna be pretty awesome though![/QUOTE]

Well, Sony did just purchase MediaMolecule so it'd be logical that this suprise announcement would be something from them, and since the only thing they've done is LBP...

Killzone 3 or Resistance 3 would be nice. I rather it would be Twisted Metal. It could be any of those... Deep down I would like to see a Heavenly Sword 2,but that's really doubtful considering how the first one ended... :whistle2:#

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Edit: Some of you have no concept of what Sony does or doesn't make[/QUOTE]

It's sad because it's true...

Anyway, trying to be different from Twisted Metal, I'd want a Legend of Dragoon, Ape Escape (in my dreams :roll:), or a Genji sequel announced. Ape Escape has always been a solid series and if they can market it properly, it can join LBP on selling PS3s to families. Legend of Dragoon would be a big shot in the arm for a largely dormant RPG market. Yes, one or two games is dormant, even if one is FF13. Or Genji simply because a good Genji game would look awesome and could generate ridiculous amounts of hype.

[quote name='oni_saru_sensei']hellz yeah! this would definitely be a surprise sequel XD :applause:[/QUOTE]

Now to decide if I want a true sequel to The Legend of Dragoon or an HD remake...decisions decisions :p

[quote name='Chronis']It's sad because it's true...

Anyway, trying to be different from Twisted Metal, I'd want a Legend of Dragoon, Ape Escape (in my dreams :roll:), or a Genji sequel announced. Ape Escape has always been a solid series and if they can market it properly, it can join LBP on selling PS3s to families. Legend of Dragoon would be a big shot in the arm for a largely dormant RPG market. Yes, one or two games is dormant, even if one is FF13. Or Genji simply because a good Genji game would look awesome and could generate ridiculous amounts of hype.[/QUOTE]

I think everyone knows very well what Sony makes, but just misinterpreted the news.

bread's done
Back