Surprisingly The Last Movie You Saw Didn't Suck Pt. 2

Cockney's Vs. Zombies. I loved it, but it doesn't come close to Shaun of the Dead or Zombieland even. It's worth a rent maybe. The zombies look corny at times and some of the sounds they make are ridiculous, but it's an overall fun movie. 

[quote name="thenexus6" post="11621176" timestamp="1395172665"]The Grand Budapest Hotel

Very enjoyable[/quote]I want to see that so bad. Moonrise Kingdom was amazing and his best since Rushmore, IMO.

Ben 10: Race Against Time - A decent outing. The CG was worse than I remember, though. I used to think Diamondhead was done well, but he was really, really poorly composited. And while Graham Philips was decent as Ben, Hayley Ram was horrible as Gwen. Both were way more subdued than their cartoon counterparts though.

Watching the extras, though, both Graham and Haley have way more energy than in the movie. Also, one of the extras is from an old CN block called Fried Dynamite, which I completely got existed. And I remember Super Chunk.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tuesday

Divergent Premiere - 3/5

Wednesday

Sabotage Premiere - 4/5

Thursday

Captain America: The Winter Solider (tonight)

Ben 10: Destroy All Aliens - Quite the fun movie and far more intense than anything in the other 3 teen Ben series. The Way Big vs. Way Big battle was awesome despite the movie glossing of the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people.

Frozen 3.5/5.

Not saying it's bad, but I guess I expected more. I still think Little Mermaid and Aladdin were miles better.
Agreed, I think the hype around the movie is that it's at least in the same ballpark in terms of quality as the late 80s/early 90s Disney movies that seemed to disappear after Lion King. Aside from Pixar and a few bright spots here and there such as Wreck-It Ralph (which is good but not much of a "disney type fairy tale"), there hasn't been much that's worth watching with contemporary Disney animated.

Let's be clear though, it's still not as good as, well any animated "classic" before Lion King.

A.C.O.D. starring Adam Scott, Jane Lynch, the fat kid from Hot Tub Time Machine, and the Kabletown Boss. It just combined several sitcom plots, especially some from the past 10 years, into a movie. I didn't laugh that much, and thought the main family were a bunch of idiots. 3/5.

Quarantine was alright, I guess? Haven't seen REC, but it's nice to see a "zombie" film that keeps its scope small. That said, things got real silly real fast after
the little girl attacked her mother.

Veronica Mars

If you love the show, then you'll love the movie.
I watched the whole series as it aired and hadn't seen another minute of the show since the night the series finale aired, so I figured it wouldn't feel the same. However, it only took a few minutes of the movie for me to get sucked back into Neptune. It seriously felt just like another extended episode of the series, and that's totally not a bad thing. The only bad thing about this movie is that it made me miss the show all over again.

Serpico- 4/5  felt sorry for the guy, all those years and no help

Fulltime Killer 3.5/5  thought the end gun fight was a bit silly, and before the end, they only confront each other one time, which i didnt like.

Argo - 3/5 - Was intense but they really wanted you to think it was The CIA who was the real hero. Yet, the real hero was the Canadians the whole time. 

Zombieland - 5/5 - Rewatched after maybe a year and I still love it. I wish they made a sequel and not a horrible spin off TV show. 

God I hated KIDS when I saw it. I'd probably like to watch it now to see of my opinion has changed as my appreciation for film has expanded.

Sorry to hear Casper died.

American Hustle - Great acting but the story was really confusing, it wasn't really clear who was conning who. The Richie character was really annoying and obnoxious. Ruined the movie for me and can't believe he got nominated Oscar for that. Jennifer Lawrence was great but I thought the guy who played Carmine stole the show. He reminds me of a young Joe Pesci. The story was just wack and hard to follow but maybe on the second viewing it gets better.

Why did you hate it back then?
I just thought it was stupid, totally unrealistic and gratuitous. Maybe if you lived in the most scumbag city and had absolutely no parental supervision I could see it, maybe.

A show like Shameless I think shows that kind of aspect of lower income youth living way more realistically. And even that sometimes is a little too much.

American Hustle - Great acting but the story was really confusing, it wasn't really clear who was conning who. The Richie character was really annoying and obnoxious they should've just left him out. Jennifer Lawrence was great but I thought the guy who played Carmine stole the show. He reminds me of a young Joe Pesci. The story was just wack and hard to follow but maybe on the second viewing it gets better.
Figuring out who was conning who was all part of the fun, I don't think it was supposed to be all that clear.

Draft Day - 1/5 - I got bored and fell asleep. Much of the film is about talking on the phone for trading players from other states but no gameplay or action involved. Not a fan of football but at the end, I liked how they sell their player to get the trade done.

Raiders of the Lost Ark - 4.5/5
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom - 4.6/5

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade - 4.5/5

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - 3.75/5

Falls apart at the end, & there's no real Indiana Jones OMG moments.

bread's done
Back