Surprisingly The Last Movie You Saw Didn't Suck Pt. 2

The Lego Movie: 4.25/5 - A movie that literally appeals to multiple generations.  The last 20 minutes really bring the movie together.  One of my favorites scenes was when they showed the ocean is full lego motion.  Beautiful.

Transformers: Age of Extinction - 3/5

Better than the last two, but they are almost the same. if you liked the first 3, you will like this one. The movie sucks the most when they try to be funny, and unfortunately they try too much.

Transfourmers - 2.9/5 - I liked most of the movie, although most of prime's lines were gigantic groaners, and I hate that they decided to kill off
ratchet
in the first 5 minutes of the film

World War Z. Not as terrible as I thought it might be, but then again, I watched it through Amazon Prime so I didn't have to pay for 2 movie tickets.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't pay much attention because the sound mixing was horrible, but his suit was first generation, so it needed to be bolted because that's how they worked.

Watched the Conversation last night.

Made it through most of Rambo III before it was bedtime. The yoyos will only like the action scenes, though I appreciate Stallone putting some effort into the political story. 20 years later, we're the enemy the Holy Warriors want to expel, rather than the Soviets.

What the hell is Rambo's obsession with Thailand? Does he have to fight Jean Claude Van Damme?

Snowpiercer - Interesting but the ending was horrible. For those who have seen it, correct me if I'm wrong but it seems like
Chris Evans and friends pretty much wipe out the human race at the end.

[quote name="whoknows" post="11899822" timestamp="1404709518"]Snowpiercer - Interesting but the ending was horrible. For those who have seen it, correct me if I'm wrong but it seems like
Chris Evans and friends pretty much wipe out the human race at the end.
[/quote]
Not really.

The little kid and the daughter along with any other survivors will repopulate the planet. The ending explains that weather is becoming milder. So in due time the snow will melt and life will return. The big assumption is that they can survive in the meantime. Presumably the Eskimo lady taught them how to survive in such a harsh environment.

Anyhow the ending is a metaphor for an individual who decides to blow up the system and live outside it. The director argues that this is the only way to bring about real change.

Dear Mr. Watterson. 

It was OK.  Without input from Bill himself it is just a lot of wild speculation about why he decided to hang it up and completely retreat from the public eye.  There wasn't a whole lot of information presented that I didn't already know but it was nice to watch something about one of my absolute favorite things in the world.

The Craft

I still love the film to this day, Robin Tunney is stunning in this and may seem like a teenager's movie but it's actually very dark and mature, especially near the end.  This and Mean Girls are my all-time favorite bullying movies. 5/5

Not really.
The little kid and the daughter along with any other survivors will repopulate the planet. The ending explains that weather is becoming milder. So in due time the snow will melt and life will return. The big assumption is that they can survive in the meantime. Presumably the Eskimo lady taught them how to survive in such a harsh environment. Anyhow the ending is a metaphor for an individual who decides to blow up the system and live outside it. The director argues that this is the only way to bring about real change.
Well
82% of the population was killed a little earlier, so if everyone (or even most) of the people on the train died and only the two kids are left then the human race is pretty much extinct. Those two surviving in the frozen mountains seems pretty impossible

High Noon:

It's a masterpiece. They really build up to that gunfight and they sure deliver on it.

Assault on Precinct 13(John Carpenter's):

It was awesome. John really knows how to build up tension which he does great here. I liked how none of the gang members had dialog and were just these cold emotionless killers. It's a solid action film and well worth watching.

Guardians of the Galaxy 3D IMAX (17 minutes) Sneak Peak - 5/5 - Rocket Raccoon will steal the show on August 1st.

Deliver Us From Evil - 4/5 - Not bad.

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes 3D - 5/5 - Its my 2nd time viewing. Loves the motion capture and acting. Maurice's face gives me chill. LOL

R.I.P.D. (in 3D). 

It was so bad I couldn't help wondering how the hell it ever got made.  It was pretty much a piss poor Men In Black ripoff except instead of aliens it was dead people.  Men In Black is pretty bad (other than the first one) but we will have to get to at least MIB17 to get to the level of R.I.P.D.  Truly awful.

Marisa Miller is super hot though, so yeah...

Into the Storm with Dolby Digital - 5/5 - EPIC! One of the best disaster movie of the year!

Someone Marry Barry - 3/5 - I have no idea what a Twunt is.

Dawn of Planet of the Apes- 3.5/5     

It was good but it didnt really do anything that different. I would kill for a rated r Apes though :)

IL Sorpasso:

A blind buy from the current criterion sale. It's a great comedy;the characters are so likeable and very east to relate too. Well worth a purchase!

The Raid 2. Not a great story, but it's a solid simple plot and it has great action scenes. The first Rama fight was great. It's one of my favorites.

I'd say 4.5/5.

Out of the Furnace; Not bad at all, a bit mediocre and not drawn out in any way. It had its moments though. 

The Magnificent Ambersons:

This movie just didn't click with me. Other than Joseph Cotton's character I didn't really like the others. I did like the ending and Orson's narration. I should probably give a rewatch at some point.

bread's done
Back