Surprisingly The Last Movie You Saw Didn't Suck Pt. 2

Annie Hall. Thought it was just ok.

The Shawshank Redemption. One of my favorites that I hadn't watched for years. Looks amazing on Bluray, they really did a great job with that transfer.

28 Weeks Later: I wasn't huge of Days. And... same for its sequel. Not much to say, really. Apparently, nobody protects a heavily contained group of civilians worse than the US army. And nobody is capable of making doors that fly off the hinges as soon as someone runs in to them like the British.

I saw The Phantom Menace 3D last night and I will say I wasn't impressed by the 3D. Even my seven year old son said the 3D was lame. I only enjoyed it because I got to take my son to go see Star Wars with me. Plus he got super excited seeing the preview for The Hobbit. I guess he got all my nerd genes so that is pretty awesome. Does anyone know if/when they are releasing the rest of the movies in 3D?

Also watched Harold and Kumar 3D and thought it was pretty stupid. Had some funny parts but it tried way too hard to be funny.

[quote name='noone13']I saw The Phantom Menace 3D last night and I will say I wasn't impressed by the 3D. Even my seven year old son said the 3D was lame. I only enjoyed it because I got to take my son to go see Star Wars with me. Plus he got super excited seeing the preview for The Hobbit. I guess he got all my nerd genes so that is pretty awesome. Does anyone know if/when they are releasing the rest of the movies in 3D?

Also watched Harold and Kumar 3D and thought it was pretty stupid. Had some funny parts but it tried way too hard to be funny.[/QUOTE]

Ok, I have to ask, what would have impressed you with the 3D? I am not trying to start an epic debate, but I think that everyone has a false sense of what is even possible with a live action 3d conversion.

[quote name='dmaul1114']I believe the schedule is one film a year for the Star Wars 3D releases.[/QUOTE]
Correct

[quote name='TheBigAndy']Ok, I have to ask, what would have impressed you with the 3D? I am not trying to start an epic debate, but I think that everyone has a false sense of what is even possible with a live action 3d conversion.
[/QUOTE]

I think that's mostly it. 3D conversion is so lack luster compared to something actually filmed in 3D that it ends up being underwhelming and not worth the extra cash they charge for 3D showings.

I love Star Wars, but I'm fine just watching my Bluray set as I'm not a big fan of 3D in general personally.

[quote name='TheBigAndy']Ok, I have to ask, what would have impressed you with the 3D? I am not trying to start an epic debate, but I think that everyone has a false sense of what is even possible with a live action 3d conversion.[/QUOTE]

Well that is fine but if you are advertising it as 3D, which is the only difference between it and any other version it should have some sort of coolness to it. I think people, myself included, do/did have a false sense of what to expect. I mean its Star Wars and its 3D. Honestly there was no way the movie could have lived up to what everyone were expecting. How many people will have read an article about 3D conversion before attending a movie? So then of course they will be disappointed, especially kids. Look at the 3D movies my son has seen, Toy Story(s), Cars, etc. and then this. It is easy to see where the expectations form and the let down begins. I am not bashing this movie because this is far from the first time I have been underwhelmed by the 3D in a movie.

[quote name='noone13']Well that is fine but if you are advertising it as 3D, which is the only difference between it and any other version it should have some sort of coolness to it. I think people, myself included, do/did have a false sense of what to expect. I mean its Star Wars and its 3D. Honestly there was no way the movie could have lived up to what everyone were expecting. How many people will have read an article about 3D conversion before attending a movie? So then of course they will be disappointed, especially kids. Look at the 3D movies my son has seen, Toy Story(s), Cars, etc. and then this. It is easy to see where the expectations form and the let down begins. I am not bashing this movie because this is far from the first time I have been underwhelmed by the 3D in a movie.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't have said it better myself!

Must watch documentaries about the West Memphis Three. Cannot wait to see West of Memphis!

Paradise Lost 1 5/5 stars
Paradise Lost 2 5/5
Paradise Lost 3 5/5

[quote name='The Crotch']Let Me In: Child actors that don't suck? Well God damn. Good movie; loved the father.[/QUOTE]

See the Swedish original (Let the Right One In) if you haven't already. Even better IMO.

I'll do the Star Wars in 3D run when the original trilogy is released. Phantom Menace sucked, and I don't expect 3D effects would make it suck any less.

[quote name='The Crotch']Let Me In: Child actors that don't suck? Well God damn. Good movie; loved the father.[/QUOTE]
What father? There was a father in Let Me In?

I was debating putting it in quotation marks. I figured y'all would understand either way.

By "father" I meant the man who hunts for Abby. Met her as a young boy decades ago, looked after ever since, dies at the very beginning. That guy.

[quote name='dmaul1114']See the Swedish original (Let the Right One In) if you haven't already. Even better IMO.[/QUOTE]

the original is the shit i loved that flick need to see the remake at some point since ive heard its good.

been thinking about watching some more korean thrillers but those things are so fucked up i have to take a break between seeing them.

[quote name='J7.']Must watch documentaries about the West Memphis Three. Cannot wait to see West of Memphis!

Paradise Lost 1 5/5 stars
Paradise Lost 2 5/5
Paradise Lost 3 5/5[/QUOTE]

Wow I watched Paradise lost 2 nights ago. Do you by chance listen to "The Film Vault" podcast? That is where I heard about it.

I also Watched - Any Given Sunday - I liked it a lot, and for how big of a football fan I am I am suprised it took me that long to see it. Over the top, but a fun movie to watch.

Pirates of the Caribbean On Stranger Tides - Saw it in the theaters, liked it, watched it on blu-ray with commentary (which is how I usualy watch a movie on blu-ray that I saw in theaters.

Rewatched a few blu rays over the week.
Watchmen
Nick and Norah
Star Trek
Kick Ass

Going to watch the following next week.
Adventureland
A-Team
Scott Pilgrim

Nice to see people have seen Paradise Lost. Its so old that you have to really hunt it down. The first one was one of the most powerful documentaries I've ever seen.

As for me, just watched Final Destination 5. Same old recycled shit but cool ending.

[quote name='bobo2k4']Rewatched a few blu rays over the week.
Watchmen
Nick and Norah
Star Trek
Kick Ass

Going to watch the following next week.
Adventureland
A-Team
Scott Pilgrim[/QUOTE]

Adventureland is a great movie. It's the same old Michale Cera, but it's Kristen Stewart and Ryan Reynolds that steal the show (probably the only time I will ever say that).

[quote name='GhostShark']Adventureland is a great movie. It's the same old Michale Cera, but it's Kristen Stewart and Ryan Reynolds that steal the show (probably the only time I will ever say that).[/QUOTE]

Adventureland is Jesse Eisenberg not Michael Cera but your statement still holds true.

[quote name='kill3r7']Adventureland is Jesse Eisenberg not Michael Cera but your statement still holds true.[/QUOTE]

Oh yea, you're right. I get confused with those two.

[quote name='lokizz']the original is the shit i loved that flick need to see the remake at some point since ive heard its good.

been thinking about watching some more korean thrillers but those things are so fucked up i have to take a break between seeing them.[/QUOTE]

lol, I know what you mean.

Have you seen "Friend"? Really good movie about gangsters. And for a change of pace watch "Welcome to Dong Mak Gol". Emotional and cute movie.

[quote name='TheBigAndy']Wow I watched Paradise lost 2 nights ago. Do you by chance listen to "The Film Vault" podcast? That is where I heard about it.

I also Watched - Any Given Sunday - I liked it a lot, and for how big of a football fan I am I am suprised it took me that long to see it. Over the top, but a fun movie to watch.

Pirates of the Caribbean On Stranger Tides - Saw it in the theaters, liked it, watched it on blu-ray with commentary (which is how I usualy watch a movie on blu-ray that I saw in theaters.[/QUOTE]

Didn't hear that podcast, does it have any other information? I found the films by accident while browsing. Damien has made his own documentary called West of Memphis that should be out soon, it's already been to Sundance. Produced by Peter Jackson. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFSuAI1ao8A

[quote name='camoor']I saw Enter the Void.

Definately a whacked-out movie.[/QUOTE]

Freaking loved Enter the Void. I bought it the blu on amazon right after watching in off Netflix. Crazy ass movie.

For the life of me I cannot find out what the movie was called where the guy created a drug that made him super intelligent and he ended up making millions because of his hyper intelligence. Help here?

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']For the life of me I cannot find out what the movie was called where the guy created a drug that made him super intelligent and he ended up making millions because of his hyper intelligence. Help here?[/QUOTE]

Limitless its on netflix i mainly remembered it because of that kanye song power.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Contagion.

It was pretty good. Several solid performances from the ensemble cast.[/QUOTE]

I loved the end.
Where it does the "day one" scene
Not anything spectacular, but was scary to see just how easy shit like that could happen.

That movie had such an awesome soundtrack. I was very tempted to buy it. I would actually be interested to watch a fanmade cut of the movie Drive with Contagion's soundtrack.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']
That movie had such an awesome soundtrack. I was very tempted to buy it. I would actually be interested to watch a fanmade cut of the movie Drive with Contagion's soundtrack.[/QUOTE]

I actually didn't like the soundtrack that much, found it a bit jarring at times.

But I'm not into electronic music.

Cowboys vs Aliens. OK movie but as not nearly the drizzling shits I expected judging from the trailers.

I felt somewhat disappointed with the last half of Cowboys vs. Aliens. I almost added it to the list of two films I fell asleep during. Olivia Wilde—is—hot, tho. Sort of a saving point.

Pleasantly surprised I really enjoyed Chronicle. Solid film from start to finish. I only have one minor gripe with the film:
It's a shame that kid's abusive dad didn't become mushy art on the street.
Other than that, I thoroughly enjoyed the film.

Ghost Rider Spirit of Vengeance - Absolutely horrible, worst super hero movie ever. Wolverine and Blade Trinity are masterpieces compared to this sack of shit.

Star Wars Episode I 3D - 3D was crap and underutilized.

Shut Up, Little Man! - most of the major players in the movie were just big greedy douches, all of them. Made me feel horrible for the old men being recorded. But it did make me laugh a few times, ridiculousness.

[quote name='tcrash247']Ghost Rider Spirit of Vengeance - Absolutely horrible, worst super hero movie ever. Wolverine and Blade Trinity are masterpieces compared to this sack of shit.

Star Wars Episode I 3D - 3D was crap and underutilized.[/QUOTE]

they should revamp that shit and replace cage asap hes too old to pull off that role and hes too stiff to do it any justice. that guy from supernatural ( dean ) would make a good ghost rider as would jeremy renner.

I watch The Silence of the Lambs last night. I am pretty sure I saw it back when it came out in the early 90's when I was a kid (because I remembered like half the movie), and it still holds up well.

I am about to go out and buy a couple blu-rays now, so I should post again tonight.

[quote name='tcrash247']Star Wars Episode I 3D - 3D was crap and underutilized.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but they could release it in smell-o-vision next year and people will still go to the theater to watch.

Just wrapping up Watchmen. Granted, its not the first time I've seen it but I still really enjoy it despite its seemingly divisive nature. I think what really sells it for me is that it has an absolutely fantastic finale. It takes nearly 3 hours to get there but its worth it.

[quote name='VipFREAK']It's... Nick Cage, what did you expect? Did you see the first one?[/QUOTE]

I don't know why, but I actually did like the first one, if you can believe that.

[quote name='camoor']Yeah but they could release it in smell-o-vision next year and people will still go to the theater to watch.[/QUOTE]

I looked at it this way, I liked the prequels and it was a nice opportunity to see at least Episode I on the big screen again.

bread's done
Back