Surprisingly The Last Movie You Saw Didn't Suck Pt. 2

[quote name='whoknows']The DCAU movies are great even though there are a few stinkers (namely Doomsday).

I remember not watching X-Men as a kid because the animation was so ugly. Just couldn't do it when Batman looked so much nicer. Spider-Man also looked pretty decent, but X-Men looked gross :p

I just wished DC did all their animated shows in the style of Batman/Justice League/Young Justice instead of some of the other junk they're doing (like Green Lantern).[/QUOTE]well the animation in Green Lantern is very off putting but honestly once you can swallow that ginormous horsepill. I'm such a fan of GL that i stuck it out and actually the show is not bad.

As a kid I never really thought X-Men TAS was all that ugly though I did prefer Spider-Man and Batman too.

I keep trying to watch Green Lantern but I just can't get over the look.

Superman was also good, and thinking about it makes me wonder why there hasn't been another Superman series since.

[quote name='Wolfkin']well the animation in Green Lantern is very off putting but honestly once you can swallow that ginormous horsepill. I'm such a fan of GL that i stuck it out and actually the show is not bad.

As a kid I never really thought X-Men TAS was all that ugly though I did prefer Spider-Man and Batman too.[/QUOTE]
The show is good, it actually covers lesser known GL history. The animation style is just awful though, that's the only thing I don't like about it.

Pandorum

Pretty good movie. Made me feel like I was watching/playing Dead Space 1/2. I guess that's why I thought it was a good movie, since I enjoyed both Dead Space 1 and 2 I just made it seem like I was watching a Dead Space movie.

[quote name='foreverjoe20']Pandorum

Pretty good movie. Made me feel like I was watching/playing Dead Space 1/2. I guess that's why I thought it was a good movie, since I enjoyed both Dead Space 1 and 2 I just made it seem like I was watching a Dead Space movie.[/QUOTE]

I really enjoyed Pandorum
particularly the twist at the end that the ship had crashed on the intended planet prior to everyone even waking up
. If you like the space sci-fi/horror genre, aside from the obvious ones like Alien/Aliens, there's also Event Horizon.

[quote name='The Crotch']Just saw Event Horizon for the first time in ages.

Man, who designs a ship interior that spiky?[/QUOTE]

I never thought this movie was as good as everyone else seems to think. It's just cheap b-movie thrills in a shiny space suit, an artsy-fartsy version of Doom.

If you want to see a good movie, Solaris blows it out of the water.

[quote name='camoor']I never thought this movie was as good as everyone else seems to think. It's just cheap b-movie thrills in a shiny space suit, an artsy-fartsy version of Doom.[/QUOTE]
Sure, but the scene where they see the ship's log still freaks me out to this day.:lol:

I finally managed to watch Game Change this weekend and boy, does it manage to really humanize the big players in the McCain campaign. Kinda weird seeing Julianne Moore debate with Biden though...haha.

[quote name='dohdough']Sure, but the scene where they see the ship's log still freaks me out to this day.:lol:

I finally managed to watch Game Change this weekend and boy, does it manage to really humanize the big players in the McCain campaign. Kinda weird seeing Julianne Moore debate with Biden though...haha.[/QUOTE]
I have to say, the way that they had to deal with Palin's lack of knowledge in the movie is about how I'd imagine it happening.

[quote name='moon_knight']So Halloween 3 is the most interesting one in the series..... Probably because the guy in the Shatner mask wasn't in it.[/QUOTE]

Fixed, and I still need to watch that one. Have to say I'm a big fan of Halloween 2 though. Hospital interiors are creepy enough well lit and the pacing is faster.

[quote name='Bloodbooger']Fixed, and I still need to watch that one. Have to say I'm a big fan of Halloween 2 though. Hospital interiors are creepy enough well lit and the pacing is faster.[/QUOTE]
No fun, you made it correct. 3 is just so weird and out there which made me enjoy it.

I saw Sinister the other day and I really wasn't that impressed. I thought it took to long to build up and then when it started to get interesting it was over. The last 10 minutes just felt rushed and about halfway through I know what was going to happen. I didn't think going in that I had any expectations at all, but maybe I did and they were to high. The movie wasn't bad I just felt it could have been so much better had the pacing been better or the ending not seem so quick. I may pick it up if I can find it for less than 10 bucks on BluRay. I would give the movie a 7 out of 10.

The Nightmare Before Christmas. Always watch it around this time of year.

Event Horizon. Hadn't watched it in years, and my girlfriend had never seen it. Still enjoy it for the B movie, sci-fi horror cheese that it is.

I've been trying to watch some scary movies but damn they seem to all suck. I think I lost that ability to get scared by movies now. Anyways, saw hansel and gretal (korean) and it was okay. 3/5 i guess. Tale of two sister (korean) was really boring. I had to turn it off after an hour or so. I just couldn't do it. Moss (korean) seemed interesting but again it was too boring. Not even a scary movie really. I really need to find something to watch this halloween.

^Trick r Treat is a great halloween movie, not scary though. Why is it almost all the older horror movies people praise aren't scary? I watch them and then feel a tad let down.

The Artist - I enjoyed it, but I can't see myself ever watching it again.

The Fifth Element - Haven't seen this in almost five years despite the fact it's one of my favorite imaginative science fiction stories. Still awesome. And still Milla Jovavich at her best.

[quote name='moon_knight']^Trick r Treat is a great halloween movie, not scary though. Why is it almost all the older horror movies people praise aren't scary? I watch them and then feel a tad let down.[/QUOTE]

Most people are desensitized at this point.

When people say the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre is scary I think they're crazy. I can see how it was scary back then, but now it looks so fake.

Just saw Silent Hill Revelations in 3D. It was better than I expected. I like how they tied in what happens between the two movies as well.

[quote name='whoknows']Most people are desensitized at this point.

When people say the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre is scary I think they're crazy. I can see how it was scary back then, but now it looks so fake.[/QUOTE]
I think the only older horror movie that lived up to the praise was The Thing. I think people are afraid to criticize "classics".

[quote name='hfs991hfs']Safety Not Guaranteed[/QUOTE]

Fun movie, enjoyed every part of it.

Dare I say even better time traveling movie than Looper and Men in Black 3? Yes.

The third Mission Impossible is easily the most passable film of the series. Ghost Protocol was pretty decent, I agree to that.

MI 2 is a late 90s/early 00s movie through and through, its certainly not "good" by any stretch of the imagination but I'll be damned if I don't love its ridiculousness.

[quote name='mr_burnzz']I've been trying to watch some scary movies but damn they seem to all suck. I think I lost that ability to get scared by movies now. Anyways, saw hansel and gretal (korean) and it was okay. 3/5 i guess. Tale of two sister (korean) was really boring. I had to turn it off after an hour or so. I just couldn't do it. Moss (korean) seemed interesting but again it was too boring. Not even a scary movie really. I really need to find something to watch this halloween.[/QUOTE]

Trick r treat is awesome even though it's really not that scary. But it's an amazing movie for Halloween.
The Woman in Black is awesome,and pretty creepy.

[quote name='moon_knight']I think the only older horror movie that lived up to the praise was The Thing. I think people are afraid to criticize "classics".[/QUOTE]

Try watching Texas Chainsaw Massacre in a darkened theater instead of on a laptop screen in your mother's basement.

[quote name='bburpee']Try watching Texas Chainsaw Massacre in a darkened theater instead of on a laptop screen in your mother's basement.[/QUOTE]

The original TCM is more comedy than horror.

[quote name='tcrash247']The original TCM is more comedy than horror.[/QUOTE]

I think you are confusing it with the original sequel.

[quote name='Vap']Trick r treat is awesome even though it's really not that scary. But it's an amazing movie for Halloween.
The Woman in Black is awesome,and pretty creepy.[/QUOTE]

Oh hells yea, I love that movie. I own it on blu ray. I'm trying to watch scary movies but can't find any that I haven't seen. I'll probably play trick r treat, the mist and the exorcist or something. Any of you guys got any good suggestions? It's hard trying to get scared at this age.

[quote name='DestroVega']I think you are confusing it with the original sequel.[/QUOTE]

Guy poking girl with stick while laughing, psycho cutting fat guy's hand with a knife, old guy sucking on girl's fingers and trying to bash her head with a hammer while failing miserably? Sounds pretty funny to me.

[quote name='bburpee']Try watching Texas Chainsaw Massacre in a darkened theater instead of on a laptop screen in your mother's basement.[/QUOTE]
I always try to watch horror movies in the dark, but a movie should still have some creepiness/scares etc no matter the conditions. And there are some dark comedy undertones in the movie.

Of course it is. The remake is awful and Rob Zombie doesn't know how to make a good movie. He's just concerned about putting his wife into them.

I enjoyed his first Halloween film. I'm not saying I liked, or thought it was an overly great film, but it had it's select few moments. His second Halloween, however, was one of the worst films I've ever spent money on.

[quote name='moon_knight']I liked devils rejects and house of 1000 corpses was decent.[/QUOTE]

I hate...both of those. Not just not like, I actually hate them, along with the rest of his movies.

[quote name='GhostShark']I enjoyed his first Halloween film. I'm not saying I liked, or thought it was an overly great film, but it had it's select few moments. His second Halloween, however, was one of the worst films I've ever spent money on.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't even see what was going on in the second half of that movie because it was so dark. Almost left the theater and maybe I should have. I can't bring myself to watch the 2nd one after how bad I thought the first was.

[quote name='whoknows']I hate...both of those. Not just not like, I actually hate them, along with the rest of his movies. [/QUOTE]
Does that mean you hate me?

bread's done
Back