Surprisingly the Last Movie You Saw Didn't Suck

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Yup, everybody feels that way. I just say myself about a couple weeks ago. The whole movie is on par with a 2001: A Space Odyssey, when all of a sudden, logic and rational thought get thrown out the movie.

[/quote]

I enjoyed the entire movie of Sunshine including the last third. It made enough sense to me in relation to the film's themes. There was definitely some obvious homages to 2001.

[quote name='Fragonard']Walk the Line Extended Cut - Great movie, loved it.[/quote]

Is that out? I loved this movie but I thought it wasn't on dvd yet.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Sunshine[/quote]

Watched this on BD tonight, as well...easily one of the best movies I've seen in ages, even in light of your observation above.

Three other things that popped into my head while watching Sunshine:

1: Cillian Murphy looked like a Big Daddy in that huge gold spacesuit.
2: Chris Evans was surprisingly good in this. Who knew he could act?
3: Underworld's score was amazing. Need this soundtrack.

The Mist

Lame. I was diggin it at first, and I'm not a big science fiction fan, but the whole creatures from the mist didn't bother me, just thought the ending was played out, pretty much seen it coming.

I really enjoyed most the plot and the way everyone started to diversify in the store and holds fairly true to human nature, but I was hoping for alot more out of the ending.

5/10

[quote name='bmachine']Watched this on BD tonight, as well...easily one of the best movies I've seen in ages, even in light of your observation above.

3: Underworld's score was amazing. Need this soundtrack.[/quote]

Oh shit, Underworld did the soundtrack? No wonder it was so fucking awesome.

Saw 21 on Friday. Wasn't bad, especially since it had Kevin Spacey, though I came into it expecting it to be total wish fulfillment like Jumper was. You know, the one where the good looking guy has a totally hot girlfriend, lots of money, and a super special talent?

[quote name='dastly75']Is that out? I loved this movie but I thought it wasn't on dvd yet.[/quote]
I don't really know, I downloaded it.

Sweeney Todd.

Greatest goddamn thing I've ever seen. I've been listening to every recording of the soundtrack I can get my hands of, for weeks now.

I'm excited as hell, because I'm going to get to see Spaceballs in a big theater in a couple weeks. Never had that opportunity before.

[quote name='dastly75']
Is that out? I loved this movie but I thought it wasn't on dvd yet.[/quote]

Yeah, the Walk the Line Extended cut is out. i saw it today (tonight) at BB.

Michael Clayton. Wow! I really didn't think I was going to like this movie because it had George Clooney in it.

I even went to Amazon to order myself a copy of Realm + Conquest, but it was made up. Interesting how this book was vital to movie itself.

Saw Run Fat Boy Run and it exceeded my expectations. Despite being directed by Schwimmer it seemed to have a Simon Pegg feel to it. It had good jokes and didn't get too sappy even though it was a romantic comedy

[quote name='bmachine']Watched this on BD tonight, as well...easily one of the best movies I've seen in ages, even in light of your observation above.

3: Underworld's score was amazing. Need this soundtrack.[/quote]

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Oh shit, Underworld did the soundtrack? No wonder it was so fucking awesome.[/quote]

I believe Underworld only provided one track, the one played while Capa is sending his message home in the beginning of the movie. John Murphy provides the score for this movie as well as some other Danny Boyle flicks(the best part of 28 weeks later is the soundtrack). It is good stuff but I don't believe it has been released yet due to complications with them watiing for Underworld to release their cd first and then stuff still didn't happen. I managed to get a leaked version of the soundtrack but I'm not even sure if it's the real one if the real one were to be ever released. My favorite tracks have to be "What Do You See?" and the reprise for "Surface of the Sun".

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Yeah, the Walk the Line Extended cut is out. i saw it today (tonight) at BB.[/quote]

Interesting because my BBonline says it's not out yet.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']I'm excited as hell, because I'm going to get to see Spaceballs in a big theater in a couple weeks. Never had that opportunity before.[/QUOTE]

How're you pulling that off? Is it a national thing, or just in your area?

[quote name='dastly75']I believe Underworld only provided one track...[/quote]
Apologies for my oversight...the end credits said "Original Score by Underworld and John Murphy" and I didn't give Murphy credit for his contribution in my post.

[quote name='rabbitt']High Tension

Not sure if I like this one or not.[/quote]

I thought the end ruined everything that came before it.

Saw 3:10 to Yuma late last night. I was thinking about going to see In Bruges or Run Fatboy Run, but eventually decided just to rent something. It was pretty good, as I expected, but I guess I found it to be a bit hyped since I've read so many acclimations for it.

Run Fatboy Run

I don't see many romantic comedies, but I've got to assume this is a good example of how to pull them off.

Enjoyable, but hardly on par with Shaun of the Dead or Hot Fuzz.

Stephen Chow's latest movie CJ7. I was expecting the movie to suck at least a little because the inclusion of an animated character made it seem like a kids film (and a corny one at that) which is not what I want out of a Stephen Chow film. While the film did disappointingly focus on the child character (I

The past 2 weeks I have seen Doomsday, Shutter and now The Eye. I have to say Shutter and The Eye were not as bad as I thought they would be. Both a little slow but not crap. Not all that great but not a bad movie. Both were worth seeing. As for Doomsday, I thought it was the best move I have seen in some time. If it is still in theaters where you are at I suggest you check it out.

[quote name='mrchainsaw']For those that have seen "Run Fatboy Run", would you say it is a good movie for a first date?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Took the wife. She liked it more than I did. It had its funny moments. I really like Simon Pegg and try to support everything he's in.

ed_dead_mother.jpg

&

DropDeadFred.jpg

its been while since I watched these, and I have to say that they still hold up quite well

Waiting...
I usually hate anything with Dane Cook, even as a minor character, but Justin Long and the other-guy-main-character-who-looks-just-like-Dane-Cook were very funny. Good, funny movie overall.

Gone Baby Gone - Enjoyed it although it was depressing. I liked that it raised some ethical questions that might not have a clear answer. I noticed Casey Affleck still had that wavering attribute to his voice that he had in The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford

21 2/5

I really didn't think this movie was that great. I was really disappointed, also I thought the ending should have been totally different and I thought they were many many plot holes and stupid ideas.

I finally got around to watching my free King Kong HD-DVD tonight.

It was far more entertaining than I actually thought it would be.

The Ruins - phenomenal. absolutely terrifying and heart pounding....the first time I've been able to say those words in a long, long time. A real horror movie and not one of these bullshit gorefest that are just gore for the sake of gore. Excellent movie. Outstanding. I'm going to make a bet that this is the best horror movie of this year.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']The Ruins - phenomenal. absolutely terrifying and heart pounding....the first time I've been able to say those words in a long, long time. A real horror movie and not one of these bullshit gorefest that are just gore for the sake of gore. Excellent movie. Outstanding. I'm going to make a bet that this is the best horror movie of this year.[/QUOTE]

Really looking forward to see this, this just upped it even more......

I watched Little Miss Sunshine last night. Is ok, nothing great IMO, it has it's moments, but at least the ending really pays off. I couldn't stop laughing at the end of the little miss sunshine contest.

[quote name='mr ryles']Really looking forward to see this, this just upped it even more......

I watched Little Miss Sunshine last night. Is ok, nothing great IMO, it has it's moments, but at least the ending really pays off. I couldn't stop laughing at the end of the little miss sunshine contest.[/quote]

Check out the review from DVDTalk. They make it seem that there was more gore than then actually was IMO. It's gory no doubt, but it's different....it's not just gore for the sake for gore like Saw.

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=32843

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']The Ruins - phenomenal. absolutely terrifying and heart pounding....the first time I've been able to say those words in a long, long time. A real horror movie and not one of these bullshit gorefest that are just gore for the sake of gore. Excellent movie. Outstanding. I'm going to make a bet that this is the best horror movie of this year.[/quote]

Have you read the book? I LOVED the book and I'm a little worried about the movie...just wondering if you can make a comparison.

[quote name='mr ryles']Really looking forward to see this, this just upped it even more......

I watched Little Miss Sunshine last night. Is ok, nothing great IMO, it has it's moments, but at least the ending really pays off. I couldn't stop laughing at the end of the little miss sunshine contest.[/quote]

I can't believe you just thought it was OK, Little Miss Sunshine, was one of the funniest comedies I have seen in a long, long time.

[quote name='bmachine']Have you read the book? I LOVED the book and I'm a little worried about the movie...just wondering if you can make a comparison.[/quote]

I just bought the book from Costco for $4.50 yesterday actually. Haven't read it yet.

Micheal Clayton - George Clooney wrapped in awesome. "I am Shiva, The god of death!"

Sweeney Todd - Johnny Depp wrapped in Shit-sauce....Ughh :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back