Surprisingly the Last Movie You Saw Didn't Suck

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='hiccupleftovers']The Ruins - phenomenal. absolutely terrifying and heart pounding....the first time I've been able to say those words in a long, long time. A real horror movie and not one of these bullshit gorefest that are just gore for the sake of gore. Excellent movie. Outstanding. I'm going to make a bet that this is the best horror movie of this year.[/QUOTE]

Really looking forward to see this, this just upped it even more......

I watched Little Miss Sunshine last night. Is ok, nothing great IMO, it has it's moments, but at least the ending really pays off. I couldn't stop laughing at the end of the little miss sunshine contest.

[quote name='mr ryles']Really looking forward to see this, this just upped it even more......

I watched Little Miss Sunshine last night. Is ok, nothing great IMO, it has it's moments, but at least the ending really pays off. I couldn't stop laughing at the end of the little miss sunshine contest.[/quote]

Check out the review from DVDTalk. They make it seem that there was more gore than then actually was IMO. It's gory no doubt, but it's different....it's not just gore for the sake for gore like Saw.

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=32843

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']The Ruins - phenomenal. absolutely terrifying and heart pounding....the first time I've been able to say those words in a long, long time. A real horror movie and not one of these bullshit gorefest that are just gore for the sake of gore. Excellent movie. Outstanding. I'm going to make a bet that this is the best horror movie of this year.[/quote]

Have you read the book? I LOVED the book and I'm a little worried about the movie...just wondering if you can make a comparison.

[quote name='mr ryles']Really looking forward to see this, this just upped it even more......

I watched Little Miss Sunshine last night. Is ok, nothing great IMO, it has it's moments, but at least the ending really pays off. I couldn't stop laughing at the end of the little miss sunshine contest.[/quote]

I can't believe you just thought it was OK, Little Miss Sunshine, was one of the funniest comedies I have seen in a long, long time.

[quote name='bmachine']Have you read the book? I LOVED the book and I'm a little worried about the movie...just wondering if you can make a comparison.[/quote]

I just bought the book from Costco for $4.50 yesterday actually. Haven't read it yet.

Micheal Clayton - George Clooney wrapped in awesome. "I am Shiva, The god of death!"

Sweeney Todd - Johnny Depp wrapped in Shit-sauce....Ughh :(

[quote name='joe2187']Micheal Clayton - George Clooney wrapped in awesome. "I am Shiva, The god of death!"

Sweeney Todd - Johnny Depp wrapped in Shit-sauce....Ughh :([/quote]

Pretty much the exact same way I felt over both movies. Sweeney Todd is so overrated it isn't funny. People are just throwing it up on a pedestal because it's Johnny Depp and Tim Burton:roll::roll::roll:

007 Live and let die.... one of my favorite bond movies of them all (only second to 'The man with the golden gun') that 007 Ulltimate edition collectors set was definitely worth it.

Masterpiece Theater: Sense & Sensibility

Been enjoying all of the BBC-produced Jane Austen films on Masterpiece Theater with the Mrs. over the last couple months. This one was especially good.

[quote name='fart_bubble']The Mysterious Doctor - never seen this one before but I really dug it. Plus having Eleanor Parker looking damn hot was a plus.

The Tingler - One of my favorite Price films. Would have loved to see this in the theaters

also watched quite a few Betty Davis films on when TCM ran a marathon Saturday[/quote]

TCM is still the best channel on television, period. God forbid they ever go HD. I'll never leave the house.

Across the Universe: Not only is it Beatles' song title, but also a suggestion as to where this movie should be stored in order spare future generations from its cliched and hackneyed plot. This over-simplistic, saccharine trek through the sixties left me feeling nauseated and in need of insulin.
The actors are generic-looking, wooden, and forgettable.
0.1/5

Hitman: I fell asleep while watching this movie.

[quote name='Tybee']TCM is still the best channel on television, period. God forbid they ever go HD. I'll never leave the house.[/QUOTE]

yep, the only channel that you can watch pre-50's movies anymore. Plus they've done so much for noir and horror films.

edit: oh yeah, I watched Tales Of The Rat Fink today. Awesome doc on 'Big Daddy' Roth

[quote name='InuFaye']American Beauty.

Simply Amazing.

It makes you wonder about life.[/QUOTE]

yeah, it truly does. Makes me wonder why I spent 2 hours of my life on that piece of shit. :rofl: sorry, i just really dislike that movie.

There Will Be Blood

Took me way too long to see this fucking movie. Was a tough choice, but I think I liked No Country For Old Men more. Currently, my ranking of the best picture nominees is:

No Country For Old Men
There Will Be Blood
Juno
Atonement

And Michael Clayton is coming in the mail tomorrow.

There will be Blood

Not sure what to think, definitely gonna have to watch it again. There was a lot of noise and side commotion going on for the first half of the movie so I couldn't get too into it.

It was a good movie, but I don't think it was worth the praise it was getting. I'd give it about 6/10.

Maybe watching it again though I will change my mind.

Just saw 21 and it wasn't bad. They did some things that you wouldn't do when playing black jack and make card counting seem different then what it is but it isn't a bad movie. I will chances are buy it when it hits DVD. Bad thing is I knew the ending about half way through the movie.

Run Lola Run 4/5

It was surprisingly well done, repeating the same 20 minute sequence over 3 times would seem boring. However the director did a good job of changing everything up so you are on the edge of your seat the whole time. The music in the background was also great.

Also, Which movie did you like best Sneaky?

The Killing Fields (8/10)

This was on Mojo HD the other night so I DVR'd it. Given that Dith Pran passed away last week, the story had definitely been on my mind. I had seen the film before, but was the first time for my wife. She really liked it, despite the grim subject matter. Was sad watching it and seeing so many people in it I liked and thinking what happened to them.

Besides Pran:

- Dr. Haing S. Ngor (who won Best Supporting Actor for this role): Killed by L.A. gangs in 1996
- Spalding Gray: Tragic suicide
- Julian Sands: Career tanked
- Craig T. Nelson: Barely working

Still, Sam Waterston and John Malkovich came out okay, though it'd be nice to see Waterston do something besides Law & Order.

[quote name='darthbudge']Run Lola Run 4/5

It was surprisingly well done, repeating the same 20 minute sequence over 3 times would seem boring. However the director did a good job of changing everything up so you are on the edge of your seat the whole time. The music in the background was also great.

Also, Which movie did you like best Sneaky?[/quote]

I still liked No Country For Old Men the best.

Just saw Rocket Science for the first time...was it the general sleeper hit of 2007?

Btw, I was very, very pleased with the movie and the direction of it

Rented Into The Wild last night. Excellent story, though a little preachy at times. Not gonna lie, I was really close to crying like a little baby at some points. Great movie though.

Still have Dan In Real Life to watch. Hope it doesn't suck.

Sweeney Todd (A-)
Fantastic movie, hysterical and cynical. Awesome

The Heartbreak Kid (D)
Oh wait, that sucked. A funny half an hour that quickly went to hell.

[quote name='Liquid 2']Sweeney Todd: the Demon Barber of Fleet Street

I enjoyed it quite a bit.[/quote]

It was quite good...

for me to poop on.

[quote name='JJSP']
Still have Dan In Real Life to watch. Hope it doesn't suck.[/QUOTE]
It sucks.

Saw Walk Hard yesterday, it was good, but nothing more.

[quote name='JJSP']Rented Into The Wild last night. Excellent story, though a little preachy at times. Not gonna lie, I was really close to crying like a little baby at some points. Great movie though.

Still have Dan In Real Life to watch. Hope it doesn't suck.[/quote]

Hate to spoil it for you, but it sicks...badly. Terribly misleading trailers for that flick that's an absolute snoozefest. Just watch the extended trailer, you pretty much get the gist of it.

Nightmare man was a solid horror flick. I can recommend that for anyone who likes the horror/slasher genre. 2 Movies I wont recommend are Cloverfield & One Missed Call. Those two were just boring films. I gotta say ~85% of the big hollywood blockbuster horror movies are terrible. They never live up to the hype and you can most likely get more entertainment from a film that went straight to dvd.

[quote name='Brak']Bottle Rocket.

Hilarious.[/quote]

Hmmm... I have that movie and haven't watched it, I may have to post that out tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back