Surprisingly the Last Movie You Saw Didn't Suck

Status
Not open for further replies.
incredible hulk - awesome tie-ins with the avengers/iron man

hellboy 2 - very mediocre...with a few cool scenes

indiana jones 4 - sucked the asses of 10,000 migrant workers...when shia was going all fucking
tarzan in the jungle
i was wondering what in sam holy fuck spielberg and lucas were thinking

Next - better than i thought but had a bleh ending

Funny games fucking sucked. I just quit after about an hour of thinking "this is the most pointless shit I have ever seen, and I've watched The Hills Have Eyes 2"

Taxi to the Darkside-- excellent documentary about the Gitmo/Abu Gharaib/Afghanistan detainee torture.

Also watched The Big Lebowski again, great as always.

Flesh for Frankenstein.

I haven't been creeped out by a film in years -- but this did it.

The ending is one of the strangest bits of cinema I've ever seen. :lol:

[quote name='Brak']Flesh for Frankenstein.

The ending is one of the strangest bits of cinema I've ever seen. :lol:[/quote]

That's the same as Andy Warhol's Frankenstein, isn't it? With Paul Morrissey and Udo Kier, right?

If so, I agree...seriously crazy, creepy shit. You should also checkout Warhol's Blood for Dracula, if you haven't already.

[quote name='bmachine']That's the same as Andy Warhol's Frankenstein, isn't it? With Paul Morrissey and Udo Kier, right?

If so, I agree...seriously crazy, creepy shit. You should also checkout Warhol's Blood for Dracula, if you haven't already.[/QUOTE]
Yeah. That's the one.

I gotta see his Blood for Dracula. I heard that the two films were filmed back-to-back.

[quote name='Brak']Flesh for Frankenstein.

The ending is one of the strangest bits of cinema I've ever seen. :lol:[/quote]

Yea, that movie had an interesting ending. Definitely not what I expected when I saw it.

Dumbo

For film class.

Rented 3 -

The Happening (3 out of 5)
Baby Mama (3.5 out of 5)
Forgetting Sarah Marshall (4 out of 5)

Anytime you can rent 3 movies and get 3 decent ones, that ain't bad.

Forrest Gump - Classic.

Hitman - not nearly as awful as I was expecting it to be. It's not great by any means at all, but it doesn't deserve the awful rap it has.

Wanted was great! 5 out of 5
1x1.gif

Dance of the Dead - Solid horror film, not too much gore but good story and pacing. All the teenage actors in the film are actually pretty good which was a shock. The writing is good...characters feel more like real teenagers unlike Juno where "honest to blog" & "hamburger phones" are found throughout the film. 4.5/5

Super High Me - first 40minutes of him being not high was very boring. last hour had its moments. Just your average documentary ..but about weed. 3/5

Last edited by a moderator:
Happening and 88 minutes.

I know they're bad movies, but I enjoyed them. Honestly Al Pacino could sit on a stool telling knock-knock jokes and I'd probably enjoy it.

Finally got to see Burn After Reading this weekend and liked it a lot. I may get flak for saying this, but I enjoyed it more than No Country For Old Men.

Also watched P2 on DVD last Friday...it was pretty weak.

[quote name='bmachine']Finally got to see Burn After Reading this weekend and liked it a lot. I may get flak for saying this, but I enjoyed it more than No Country For Old Men.

Also watched P2 on DVD last Friday...it was pretty weak.[/QUOTE]

God! I hated Burn after Reading. Frances McDormand's character was extremely annoying.

You Dont Mess With The Zohan

Just saw the movie, its one of those movies you expect to be "meh", so I wasnt let down, a little better than average, but thats about it.

[quote name='Calamityuponthee']Two a week or so. The movie was just bad.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I hate when people say "you don't watch enough movies" in response to a comment like yours.

I'd like to think most of us try not to watch BAD movies so the movie we say is the worst we've seen in a year isn't going to be the absolute worst of the worst as we had the sense not to see those shitty movies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back